The Part in the Shower?

All morning, I have been craving one of those cool, dreary, constant downpour type of mornings. You know what I mean? The ones that make you want to hangout in your cozies and curl up on the couch with a good book…those are always so great (as long as I don’t actually have to be out in it).

We’ve been runnin’ pretty dry over here and could really use some good, heavy rain (our poor grass is rocking a lovely tan color) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it happens soon…unfortunately though, it doesn’t look like that’s going to be today.

Speaking of curling up – errr, walking – with a good book…

you guys know I’m on to the second book in the Fifty Shades series. I was talking about it a bit with my mom on the phone yesterday (still so funny) and telling her about one of the scenes I had just finished reading (the one with the lipstick, for those of you who have read it!). After I told her that, she says “Oh, so you haven’t gotten to the part where they’re in the shower yet?”

Awwwwwkward…

But no, I hadn’t gotten to that part of the book yet…until this morning. The shower scene (which was not of the naughty nature, surprisingly) was actually the first scene so far that made me tear up. Coincidentally, it did the same for my mom. I guess there’s no denying we’re from the same, sappy bloodline. Winking smile

After finishing my morning cardio + reading routine, I came back upstairs and made myself some breakfast. It was a waffle kinda day.

Two honey oat waffles topped with Justin’s Almond Butter, banana slices, chia seeds, and cinnamon.

They were tastin’ extra delicious today.

Gotta scoot…stuff to do!

Random Question for the Morning:

If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

Comments

Ah I could’ve written the first part of this post! It’s been so uncharacteristically dry here lately…luckily it just started down-pouring and I now can’t wait to get home, get into pjs and catch up on 50 shades :)!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..D is for Deficiency

I have the first 50 Shades book sitting on my dresser right now, and I have yet to pick it up! I know the second I start reading it, I won’t be able to get anything done until I finish the whole series!

I’d have to go with being stuck in Downton Abbey for a month!
    Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..Tabata

So funny, was talking about the books with all my aunties (my mum has four younger sisters) and my mum at my nans 70th the other night….definitely have to give them a read! Trapped in a TV show…Friends!!!
    Michelle Hunt recently posted..A new image

My mom was talking about wanting to read 50 Shades of Grey the other day and I had to quickly change the subject! After reading all three books, I just don’t think that is something I want to discuss with my mom, lol!!

As for being trapped in a television show, I might just have to pick one of the Housewives series on Bravo. The question is which one……thinking OC or Beverly Hills. But dang, Jersey is darn good too!!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Take Me Out to the Ball Park

I need to start that series! It was on my summer reading list. It is totally a rainy/dreary morning here, too bad I have to head out to work and cannot cuddle up with a book.
    I think I would like to be stuck in How I Met Your Mother.
    Lindsey recently posted..Booked

We’re getting a storm here right now and it’s FABulous. We’re in extreme drought as well so not only is this needed for crops, lawns, etc. this storm is great for my soul. My pup is curled up on my belly while I get caught up on SYTYCD. Perfect Tuesday morning & not a place to be until 5pm. :)
    Trisha recently posted..Busy Bee

Oh 50! I agree we could use some rain, it is going to be in the 90s here today and wouldnt mind a little rain to cool things down! I would want to be stuck in Friday Night Lights. I freaking love that show and all the guys are soo cute!

8. Sarah W. says

Last week I was at the beach and had picked up Fifty Shades of Grey from Costco. Unfortunately, once I started, I couldn’t STOP. THANK GOD i was on vacation and could justify reading the entire book in 1 day :)

I then promptly downloaded books #2 and #3 onto my iphone and read both of those each in 1 day as well. so 3 days of Fifty :) and my heart aches for the loss I feel of the end of the series. LOL.

sooooooooooooo good. I consider it a good book if I don’t ever want to put it down.

and I am TOTALLY not mentioning this to my mom either. it was bad enough that my sisters in law caught me reading book #1 at the beach. at least w/ the iphone I could “hide” the fact that I was reading books #2 and #3. hahahahahah!

That part made me tear up as well. I felt each book there was a little bit more meaning rather than just the raunchy stuff, lol. If I had to be trapped in one TV show for a month…it would be Roswell, lol…even though it’s off the air now…I was so obsessed with that show…like my bedroom was plastered in cutout Roswell pictures, hahaha.
    Melissa recently posted..Superset me

I actually woke up this moring to a VERY rainy/cloudy/stormy day here in MN, and boy was I sad to have to jump up and get ready for work :( I would have loved a ‘curl up on the couch with a great book’ kind of day for sure!

I have tried reading the fifty shades series once before, but you are sure making me want to try again!

We had a nice downpour this morning! Luckily, it was right after my husband got home from his early morning run…but right before he had to go to work. Poor man. (I’m a teacher on summer vacation, so I am still in pajamas!) Hopefully I can send that rain your way.

And my TV show would be How I Met Your Mother. I love all the characters so much!
    Katie recently posted..Serving Sizes

12. laura says

Hmm I’ve been thinking maybe I should try out 50 shades of grey. I could watch True Blood, SVU, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, or Friends.

13. ashley says

I’ve always loved stars hollow and wanted to live there so gilmore girls for sure… or greys anatomy because its just awesome,….maybe i could have saved lexi (still cant believe it)

• Courtney says

Welll, I don’t know about them going on everything! ;)
      But I do enjoy incorporating them occasionally in my cereal and/or yogurt bowls, as well as my waffles or English muffins. They just add a nice little crunch and are a great, tasteless way to get in some added nutrients!

Great question! Modern Family or Big Bang Theory. I’m watching the latter season one right now and am both entertained and feel a little smarter…although most of the time I don’t get the science references AT ALL!

Also I could NEVER talk to my mom about a book like that!! You’re fortunate to have that kind of relationship!
    Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Food Network Star…and the Winner is…

I’m currently reading 50 Shades too… I totally thought this post was about the bathtub scene in the first book… you know with the little blue string… gross!! I read and walk/run/eliptical all the time. Glad I’m not the only one! PS… The second book is turning out much better than the first for me, what do you think?
    Meghan @ kansaspokerwife.blogspot.com recently posted..Chichen Itza Recap

hahahaha! my husband just read an article this morning about a hotel switching out bibles for 50shades…i think he thought the book was just about sex, and then he continued reading the article and looks at me with wide eyes and says “…bondage?!?” and i just sat there giggling. hahahaha.

i think if i had to be trapped in a show, i’d want to be trapped in vampire diaries. excitement and hot guys. ;p
    erica recently posted..let’s have a meal

Those mornings are only good when you can stay home in them haha. I actually found it really emotional the way she describes Christians reactions to Ana’s touch- specifically those places that he can’t bear to be touched. Makes me feel for him and it really gave him a vulnerable side. The tv show I’d chose would be one that I could win lotsa prizes and money in!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Hectic- Healthy eating & exercise

18. Crystal says

I would have to say I would want to be on The Vampire Diaries!! I am absolutely in love with that show. And there are some major HOTTIES on there too :)