The Part in the Shower?

by Courtney on July 24, 2012

All morning, I have been craving one of those cool, dreary, constant downpour type of mornings. You know what I mean? The ones that make you want to hangout in your cozies and curl up on the couch with a good book…those are always so great (as long as I don’t actually have to be out in it).

We’ve been runnin’ pretty dry over here and could really use some good, heavy rain (our poor grass is rocking a lovely tan color) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it happens soon…unfortunately though, it doesn’t look like that’s going to be today.

Speaking of curling up – errr, walking – with a good book…

you guys know I’m on to the second book in the Fifty Shades series. I was talking about it a bit with my mom on the phone yesterday (still so funny) and telling her about one of the scenes I had just finished reading (the one with the lipstick, for those of you who have read it!). After I told her that, she says “Oh, so you haven’t gotten to the part where they’re in the shower yet?”

Awwwwwkward…

But no, I hadn’t gotten to that part of the book yet…until this morning. The shower scene (which was not of the naughty nature, surprisingly) was actually the first scene so far that made me tear up. Coincidentally, it did the same for my mom. I guess there’s no denying we’re from the same, sappy bloodline. Winking smile

After finishing my morning cardio + reading routine, I came back upstairs and made myself some breakfast. It was a waffle kinda day.

Two honey oat waffles topped with Justin’s Almond Butter, banana slices, chia seeds, and cinnamon.

They were tastin’ extra delicious today.

Gotta scoot…stuff to do!

Random Question for the Morning:

If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

1 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers July 24, 2012 at 8:51 am

definitely modern family! hanging out with phil, mitchell and cam for a month sounds like a blast to me!

2 Courtney July 24, 2012 at 8:57 am

Oh my gosh, can you imagine?? I think I would pay for that!
You know…if it was real and all ;)

3 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 24, 2012 at 9:12 am

Great answer!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Tips for Travelling

4 Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut July 24, 2012 at 10:38 am

Oh I totally agree with that one! Me and claire would be BFFs (we are basically the same person lol).
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Food Network Star…and the Winner is…

5 Khushboo Thadani July 24, 2012 at 8:53 am

Ah I could’ve written the first part of this post! It’s been so uncharacteristically dry here lately…luckily it just started down-pouring and I now can’t wait to get home, get into pjs and catch up on 50 shades :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..D is for Deficiency

6 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings July 24, 2012 at 8:54 am

I have the first 50 Shades book sitting on my dresser right now, and I have yet to pick it up! I know the second I start reading it, I won’t be able to get anything done until I finish the whole series!

I’d have to go with being stuck in Downton Abbey for a month!
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..Tabata

7 Clare July 24, 2012 at 8:57 am

Totally have to agree with the modern family idea.. hah! ^^
Clare recently posted..A little something for your Monday..

8 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 24, 2012 at 8:58 am

Would it be bad to choose an ABC Family show? Haha. Make It Or Break It! It is Olympic season after all!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Summer Naan Pizzas

9 Michelle Hunt July 24, 2012 at 8:59 am

So funny, was talking about the books with all my aunties (my mum has four younger sisters) and my mum at my nans 70th the other night….definitely have to give them a read! Trapped in a TV show…Friends!!!
Michelle Hunt recently posted..A new image

10 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 24, 2012 at 9:00 am

Hmm… Gilmore Girls because the town and characters are so adorable, or Full House for Uncle Jesse :)
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Taco Cups!

11 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 24, 2012 at 9:04 am

My mom was talking about wanting to read 50 Shades of Grey the other day and I had to quickly change the subject! After reading all three books, I just don’t think that is something I want to discuss with my mom, lol!!

As for being trapped in a television show, I might just have to pick one of the Housewives series on Bravo. The question is which one……thinking OC or Beverly Hills. But dang, Jersey is darn good too!!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Take Me Out to the Ball Park

12 Lindsey July 24, 2012 at 9:05 am

I need to start that series! It was on my summer reading list. It is totally a rainy/dreary morning here, too bad I have to head out to work and cannot cuddle up with a book.
I think I would like to be stuck in How I Met Your Mother.
Lindsey recently posted..Booked

13 Danica @ It's Progression July 24, 2012 at 9:09 am

modern family for sure!! speaking of that, I can’ wait for the new season of it. I always laugh at every episode!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Wedding Pictures: We First Meet

14 Trisha July 24, 2012 at 9:11 am

We’re getting a storm here right now and it’s FABulous. We’re in extreme drought as well so not only is this needed for crops, lawns, etc. this storm is great for my soul. My pup is curled up on my belly while I get caught up on SYTYCD. Perfect Tuesday morning & not a place to be until 5pm. :)
Trisha recently posted..Busy Bee

15 Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. July 24, 2012 at 9:21 am

Do reality TV shows count?! I would love to be trapped in the Biggest Loser! Hahahaha :) or just have Bob and Dolvett be my best friends.
Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. recently posted..Dipped Bitty S’mores

16 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots July 24, 2012 at 9:24 am

Oh 50! I agree we could use some rain, it is going to be in the 90s here today and wouldnt mind a little rain to cool things down! I would want to be stuck in Friday Night Lights. I freaking love that show and all the guys are soo cute!

17 Rachel July 24, 2012 at 9:36 am

hmmm I would have to say Full House… I loooved that show growing up haha I’d wanna be friends with DJ and Steve haha
Rachel recently posted..Six Flags Adventure

18 Sarah W. July 24, 2012 at 9:36 am

Last week I was at the beach and had picked up Fifty Shades of Grey from Costco. Unfortunately, once I started, I couldn’t STOP. THANK GOD i was on vacation and could justify reading the entire book in 1 day :)

I then promptly downloaded books #2 and #3 onto my iphone and read both of those each in 1 day as well. so 3 days of Fifty :) and my heart aches for the loss I feel of the end of the series. LOL.

sooooooooooooo good. I consider it a good book if I don’t ever want to put it down.

and I am TOTALLY not mentioning this to my mom either. it was bad enough that my sisters in law caught me reading book #1 at the beach. at least w/ the iphone I could “hide” the fact that I was reading books #2 and #3. hahahahahah!

19 Melissa July 24, 2012 at 9:37 am

That part made me tear up as well. I felt each book there was a little bit more meaning rather than just the raunchy stuff, lol. If I had to be trapped in one TV show for a month…it would be Roswell, lol…even though it’s off the air now…I was so obsessed with that show…like my bedroom was plastered in cutout Roswell pictures, hahaha.
Melissa recently posted..Superset me

20 Faith @ For the Health of It July 24, 2012 at 9:42 am

Oh gosh, I haven’t read any of the 50 shades series but I can only imagine chatting with my mom about them. You’re lucky to have that kind of bond!

21 Julie July 24, 2012 at 10:02 am

Being trapped in a TV show may or may not be my ultimate fantasy. :-) I’d choose Happy Endings, my latest favorite show. It’s hilarious!
Julie recently posted..How I Do My Grocery Shopping

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 24, 2012 at 10:05 am

i fiiiiinally got my 50 Shades Darker in the mail yesterday! i started it last night, so i will definitely take note of “the shower scene” when i get to that point. ;) i’ve been loving reading and walking on the treadmill lately too!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..The Breakfast Smoothie

23 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 24, 2012 at 10:12 am

If we are talking any show of all time, I would pick Friends. If we are talking current, I would pick Happy Endings. That is my fave show on television these days!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Two Top 100 Movies

24 Shannon July 24, 2012 at 10:14 am

I was thinking the same thing as Julie (#1)! Or The Middle would be great to be stuck in. The Heck family has the weirdest quirks.

25 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident July 24, 2012 at 10:14 am

I actually woke up this moring to a VERY rainy/cloudy/stormy day here in MN, and boy was I sad to have to jump up and get ready for work :( I would have loved a ‘curl up on the couch with a great book’ kind of day for sure!

I have tried reading the fifty shades series once before, but you are sure making me want to try again!

26 amy July 24, 2012 at 10:25 am

Big Bang Theory! The show is soo funny!!
amy recently posted..A lesson from the boys

27 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 24, 2012 at 10:33 am

Without a doubt, I would want to be trapped in Gilmore Girls. I’ve always said I wanted to live in Stars Hollow!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Turkey Burgers with Basil Mayonnaise

28 Katie July 24, 2012 at 10:34 am

We had a nice downpour this morning! Luckily, it was right after my husband got home from his early morning run…but right before he had to go to work. Poor man. (I’m a teacher on summer vacation, so I am still in pajamas!) Hopefully I can send that rain your way.

And my TV show would be How I Met Your Mother. I love all the characters so much!
Katie recently posted..Serving Sizes

29 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 24, 2012 at 10:36 am

I know it’s a bit old, but I would love to be in Friends. The characters would be so fun to hang out with and there is never a dull moment.
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Snackity snacks! *Beet Hummus*

30 laura July 24, 2012 at 10:41 am

Hmm I’ve been thinking maybe I should try out 50 shades of grey. I could watch True Blood, SVU, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, or Friends.

31 Ashlee July 24, 2012 at 10:51 am

I am going to have to go with Hart of Dixie. I love the town and cute guys ;)

32 Allison July 24, 2012 at 10:53 am

Desperate Housewives!
Allison recently posted..The healing powers of yoga

33 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 24, 2012 at 11:04 am

If I had to be trapped in a TV show, I would probably pick something like Top Chef or some other food show, or Friends. :)
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Team Jacob

34 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 24, 2012 at 11:11 am

I am a total sap too! I can totally relate!!! Hmm stuck in a TV show??? Maybe Modern Family! It would certainly be entertaining!!!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Chocolate Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies! (Gluten free and Paleoish)~Plus my Workout Nutrition Challenge!

35 Janae @ Bring-Joy July 24, 2012 at 11:14 am

T.V. show I’d like to be trapped in? Gilmore Girls. Love all the characters, & I’d love to have a friend like Loreli.
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..MM: Marvelous Mondays, Roadtrip

36 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 24, 2012 at 11:19 am

I didn’t realize 50 Shades of Gray is a series. I must read that book!!

37 ashley July 24, 2012 at 11:30 am

I’ve always loved stars hollow and wanted to live there so gilmore girls for sure… or greys anatomy because its just awesome,….maybe i could have saved lexi (still cant believe it)

38 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 24, 2012 at 11:45 am

LOVE this question. My friend just got me hooked on How I Met Your Mother, so for right now, I’d have to say that show. Or…in the completely girly and sappy way, The Bachelorette (with ME as the bachelorette). ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Getting Back On Track

39 Rachel S. July 24, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I know you have probably been asked this before but why do you put the chia seeds on everything?

40 Courtney July 24, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Welll, I don’t know about them going on everything! ;)
But I do enjoy incorporating them occasionally in my cereal and/or yogurt bowls, as well as my waffles or English muffins. They just add a nice little crunch and are a great, tasteless way to get in some added nutrients!

41 Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut July 24, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Great question! Modern Family or Big Bang Theory. I’m watching the latter season one right now and am both entertained and feel a little smarter…although most of the time I don’t get the science references AT ALL!

Also I could NEVER talk to my mom about a book like that!! You’re fortunate to have that kind of relationship!

42 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 24, 2012 at 2:24 pm

My mom just picked up the first book – I’ve already read them so I’m REALLY hoping she doesn’t want to dissect them together like we normally do when we read the same books.

TV show…hmm. Can I just say the Food Network? Any show? I’d be happy with that. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Desperately Seeking Produce.

43 Meghan @ kansaspokerwife.blogspot.com July 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I’m currently reading 50 Shades too… I totally thought this post was about the bathtub scene in the first book… you know with the little blue string… gross!! I read and walk/run/eliptical all the time. Glad I’m not the only one! PS… The second book is turning out much better than the first for me, what do you think?
Meghan @ kansaspokerwife.blogspot.com recently posted..Chichen Itza Recap

44 Courtney July 24, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Definitely!!!

45 erica July 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm

hahahaha! my husband just read an article this morning about a hotel switching out bibles for 50shades…i think he thought the book was just about sex, and then he continued reading the article and looks at me with wide eyes and says “…bondage?!?” and i just sat there giggling. hahahaha.

i think if i had to be trapped in a show, i’d want to be trapped in vampire diaries. excitement and hot guys. ;p
erica recently posted..let’s have a meal

46 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile July 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I just started the first book yesterday! I finally caved in after everyone obsessing over it.
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Day Six

47 Joy July 24, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Totally Gilmore girls! Lorelei would be my bff
Joy recently posted..Things I learned from my garden

48 Bek @ Crave July 25, 2012 at 5:10 am

Those mornings are only good when you can stay home in them haha. I actually found it really emotional the way she describes Christians reactions to Ana’s touch- specifically those places that he can’t bear to be touched. Makes me feel for him and it really gave him a vulnerable side. The tv show I’d chose would be one that I could win lotsa prizes and money in!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Hectic- Healthy eating & exercise

49 Crystal July 26, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I would have to say I would want to be on The Vampire Diaries!! I am absolutely in love with that show. And there are some major HOTTIES on there too :)

50 Katie July 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I would have to say The Big Bang Theory. I want Sheldon to be my friend, he cracks me up! :)