Made It All Worth It

by Courtney on July 26, 2012

Where do I even begin? Seriously.

I spent a good majority of my afternoon reading through each and every one of your incredible comments, often times smiling and tearing up simultaneously. The support you’ve all been sending me – via Twitter, email, phone, comments – is just mind blowing and I can’t thank you enough.

Immediately after writing yesterday’s post, I felt a twinge of anxiousness as I hit “publish,” but more than that, I felt relieved. To finally have that off my chest felt just so good. I know I didn’t have to share it with all of you and could have kept going along as I was…but after seeing just how many of you are going through/ have gone through the same exact thing, that made it all worth it to me.

As much as it truly stinks to know that so many have been effected by HA, as many of you have stated, it’s also comforting to know that we’re not alone. So if my shedding light on the subject of HA has already helped more than one of you, then I have accomplished what I had hoped to. And that already makes me feel better.

I’m sure that, as time goes on, I will continue to share my journey with you all because I realized after re-reading yesterday’s post that I still have quite a bit to say. But for now, it’s time to step away from the subject for a bit and carry on like normal…we’ll get back it soon!

*****

Last night, Jay and I had our first softball game in almost three weeks. It felt great to be back out on the field again! Even if my three runs down the first baseline had me panting like a dog…my goodness have I lost my stamina.

After the game I ended up coming home and getting a migraine (my first one since, oh I don’t know, sixth grade?) so I quickly took some advil and went to bed. This morning? Feeling better than ever!

Breakfast was a yummy one…

I recycled my photos from Monday, just because I was too lazy to grab the camera and upload any photos this morning. But I will tell you that today was the same exact meal…only a little more disheveled. Winking smile

Now I’m headed off to the gym (yes, I’m still there, part time!) to train a client and then hopefully I make it back home before all these major storms arrive. Holy cow…they’re really making it sound like it’s gonna get crazy out there today!

If you happen to be in any of those stormy areas, be safe today! Smile

1 Michelle Hunt July 26, 2012 at 7:46 am

Glad you’re happy you shared! How did the game go aside from the panting like a dog :) ?
Michelle Hunt recently posted..The one I wish I loved

2 Courtney July 26, 2012 at 7:55 am

Haha we won :)

3 Khushboo Thadani July 26, 2012 at 7:49 am

Gah migraines are the worst- glad you’re feeling better :)! We have some major storms on the way too but fortunately I have no plans to leave my home tonight…so for once I welcome the rain with open arms!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Hey It’s Okay: Hashtag Editon

4 Tina @ Best Body Fitness July 26, 2012 at 8:04 am

You know I love you and think you are doing 100% the right things for your body…and in THAT you ARE VERY HEALTHY. I tried to chat with you earlier this morning to tell you that and love on ya some…but you ditched me. Ah, well. I guess I still love ya. ;)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Fit Bit: One Step

5 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 26, 2012 at 8:07 am

So happy you were greeted with such support yesterday because it is all you truly deserve!!! thank you again for your honesty and strength!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Happy National Ice Cream Month!

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 26, 2012 at 8:38 am

I didn’t get a chance to comment on your post yesterday. I commend you for being brave and talking about your health issues. It’s hard to talk about health issues but you never know who you can help by talking about it. All the best to you :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Finding Comfort…

7 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 26, 2012 at 8:40 am

I knew there would be lots of readers who could relate to ya :) We’re supposed to get storms here in NH today but I hadn’t heard it was going to be really bad – maybe I should check the weather!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Easy Baked Miso Chicken and Latest Reads

8 Jenny July 26, 2012 at 8:51 am

It’s always amazing the support you can find from total strangers :) sometimes having a non-biased opinion is all the difference/strength a gal needs!
Jenny recently posted..Iconic Dishes Challenge: Crab Fries

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 26, 2012 at 9:36 am

I live in PA, but it’s been super-cloudy all morning, so I’m wondering if we’ll be getting storms! I honestly don’t mind it as long as 1) I don’t have to go anywhere & 2) The electric stays ON!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Zoo Edition

10 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 26, 2012 at 9:37 am

I just read yesterday’s post and I’m so proud of you for speaking about it (I’m sure a lot of people are going through the same thing), and also how strong you are! Side note, but I hope you got your ice cream to celebrate last night :)

11 Amy July 26, 2012 at 9:59 am

Thanks again for sharing yesterday, makes it easier to see that health is something we are always working on and improving!

12 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance July 26, 2012 at 10:05 am

So glad you shared yesterday. I spent some quiet time reflecting–which was a good thing. Thank you.
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Berry Coconut Smoothie

13 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident July 26, 2012 at 10:42 am

Thanks again for sharing yesterday! Again, your brave words have inspired me and many!
Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident recently posted..3 New Things

14 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 26, 2012 at 10:46 am

I am on the total opposite side of the country today but we have a 30-40% chance of thunderstorms and I hope we get them. I swear we are always in a constant drought so ANY rain is always good rain. Besides, it will give me a chance to be lazy ;-)
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes

15 Rachel July 26, 2012 at 11:05 am

it started storming during my run this morning so I had to cut it short haha definitely stay safe… it sounds like it’s going to be pretty crazy today!
Rachel recently posted..Oceans!

16 Kattreena July 26, 2012 at 11:15 am

You are truly an inspiration! Stay strong, girl! You have a lot of supporters in your life, which is amazing! My thoughts are with you :) reading your blog in general has made me realize how much I need to enjoy what makes me happy! Being happy is so important when it comes to being healthy! You are amazing! :)

17 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 26, 2012 at 11:23 am

Glad your feeling better! Sorry about the migrain, they do suck! Have a great day!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Veggie Garden Egg Bake

18 Alysha @Shesontherun July 26, 2012 at 11:28 am

I’m stick of this weather. I just want to run outside!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Wauwatosa Food Tour

19 Alysia @ Slim Sanity July 26, 2012 at 11:46 am

I think you’re such an inspiration to so many people (myself included). Doing the right thing for your body to stay healthy, even if it feels weird and different, is just another example. You’re amazing, Courtney!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..be POSITIVE about your goals

20 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 26, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Hi Courtney! Reading yesterday’s post just now honestly brought me to tears. Reading your thoughts yesterday, Lauren’s thoughts, Chelsea’s thoughts, and Ashley’s thoughts, I felt as if I was truly reading my thoughts that I have such a hard time vocalizing sometimes. I am going through a very similar situation as well, and I really commend you and the other girls for being so truthful and honest. It is upsetting to know that many people are going through this, but comforting as well, because it is the support of others that truly understand the struggles that help the most. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day, and you are an inspiration to all of us for really working on making yourself as healthy as possible :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Baked Eggs Caprese

21 Jai July 26, 2012 at 12:51 pm

You’re awesome for sharing your story! Health battles are the hardest to talk about but so glad you have support! I read your blog every day and it’s all sorts of inspiring! :)
Jai recently posted..Summer Bucket List

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 26, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Glad to see you’re getting so much support! You’re doing what you need to do to be healthy and everyone is proud of you for that. <3
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Back For Vengeance + A High-Protein Breakfast Recipe.

23 Leslie Canida July 26, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Courtney! Thanks so much for sharing yesterday! You are such an inspiration to everyone, and I enjoy reading your blog posts so much!! You’re an awesome woman and don’t get down on yourself the least bit. I’m glad you are feeling better, and keep up the great work–you’re a HEALTHY role model to everyone!