Two Breakfasts In One Day?

Suuuuuuure…don’t mind if I do!

This morning after I finished training a couple clients, I had plans to meet up with Sarah and Mal for some bridesmaid dress fittings. Sooo exciting!

As it turns out, the bridal store didn’t open until 11am and I really didn’t feel like going all the way back home from work, so we decided to all meet for some coffee/ breakfast beforehand at Peaches Café.

I was the first to arrive out of the group, so I grabbed a seat and ordered myself a coffee with cream and sugar while I waited.

Shortly after I sat down, my fabulous friends joined in and the three of us browsed the menu to see what we wanted. Originally, since I had already eaten waffles this morning, I was only going to get something small, but as soon as I sat down my stomach started grumbling like whoa.

So I figured, if I’m hungry, might as well eat! Besides…who would want to skip out on the chance to eat their favorite meal of the day twice? Winking smile

Despite the fact that Peaches is home to some of my favorite local pancakes, I opted for something savory: 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, wheat toast, and home fries. I could have done without the home fries, but everything tasted delicious and I am still feeling super full and satisfied two hours later. Whenever hunger strikes again today, I’ll take that as my cue to chow again.

After spending some time catching up over breakfast, the three of us headed over to take care of our bridesmaid dresses and then made sure to rush back home before we encountered any dangerous storms. <—This is partially a joke for my dear Sarah…don’t worry, we’re all safe and sound now. Winking smile

Once I got home, I decided to take a walk out back and check out the garden…and would ya check out this haul!

I still can’t get over the fact that I – Mrs. Black Thumb for lord knows how long – actually growing vegetables…in a garden…which look normal…and actually taste good. This is caraaaaaazy!

And on top of today’s bounty, we still have all of these zucchinis that we picked a few days ago.

Looks like it may be time to bake again, huh? Either that or c’mon over and grab one while they’re still available!

Question for the Morning:

Do you like to try to stick to certain times of the day to eat meals, or do you just eat whenever you get hungry?

Comments

Aw, I love Peaches! 😉 Glad you had a nice meet-up with your girlfriends! I try to stick to a routine with eating but if I am hungry, I’ll snack a bit (Kashi granola bar, Luna protein bar, etc). I love storms!!..but glad you’re home safe and sound. :)
    Melissa recently posted..Pit Stop

during the work week I eat at set times (12- snack, 2- lunch) just cause it’s eaiser lol but the weekends I usually eat when i’m hungry, and also skip the mid-morning snack lol
    Rachel recently posted..Oceans!

That black thumb must’ve been green all along. Look at you, Mrs. Green Thumb! Nice work. :)

I eat whenever I’m hungry. I don’t have a strict meal plan that I follow that tells me what times I’m going to eat every day. If it’s a school day, I have breakfast around 6:45 in the morning; lunch depending on my schedule of classes; and dinner around 6-6:30 in the evening.

I thought you were at Peaches based off the first picture that appeared in my Google Reader feed from this post. Peaches Cafe is my sister’s favorite restaurant- the last time I went to Peaches was on her birthday three weeks ago from tomorrow. They do have good pancakes there. :) Very filling ones.

I’m so jealous of your yellow squash haul! Yellow squash has been one of my favorite foods this summer but sadly we didn’t plant any in our own garden. :(

I usually eat around the same times every day but if I’m feeling really hungry I certainly won’t deny myself just because it isn’t the “right” time.
    Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Therapy Dog Training

I definitely used to only allow myself to eat at “certain times” whether I was hungry or not. Now? I just eat when I’m hungry! Usually they end up being around the same times each day because my body has become accustomed to when I eat though.
    Our friends just brought over a huge zucchini that I can’t wait to make some zucchini bread with!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..07/26: Thursday Thoughts

6. Karleen says

Your garden results look awesome! So jealous! I live in a studio apt but as soon as I move and/or get some more space, I want a garden sooo bad. Gotta be saving you some extra bucks too right? That’s so awesome

7. Anne Marie @Anne_Everhart says

I WANT YOUR GARDEN! So impressive!
    I definitely eat the same time everyday during the week based around my work schedule, but the weekends are a free-for-all (aka eating all day long 😉

8. Lizzie says

I eat at very specific times during the work week – but only because it helps break up the day!

6am – snack before workout
    9am – breakfast
    11am – morning snack
    1 pm – lunch
    4 pm – snack
    Btw 7-8pm – dinner

At the weekend I live by intuitive eating but during the week I eat what I have packed with me at the given opportunities in work! You should make a zucchini green monster smoothie…lovely with banana and pineapple, vanilla sunwarrior, cinnamon, topped with currants or raisins, and chopped pecans! :)
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Simple Fresh Beauty

Just yesterday I had two breakfasts as well:)
    It was wonderful, breakfast for lunch is just as tasty as breakfast for breakfast.
    I have a crazy amount of zucchini at home, but can’t decide what I want to make. There are SO many zucchini recipes out there right now!
    I try to eat whenever I’m hungry, but I still struggle with letting my hunger tell me when to eat, I guess that’s just leftover disordered issues. That will hopefully go away with time! Frustrating.
    Lisa recently posted..Green Dough + Burgers

Court! Sorry just catching up on your recent blog posts.
    I just wanted to comment on the one about HA. Just know that you are doing the right then, and I KNOW things will turn around. I am an example of how they did turn around. I didn’t have my period for 4+ years…and my body fast was only about 12%. I actually had to go to a blood doctor for a while to my sure all of my ‘levels’ were balanced, and everything was perfect…it was just my body fat was so low that I really could NOT get pregnant, even as much as we were trying. I gained just 5lbs., and then BOOM! I have a little lady in my belly to prove that those five pounds made a HUGE impact on my body. It was SCREAMING for fat.
    Just keep doing what you are doing! :) I know everything will work out for you!! Xo
    Holly recently posted..The REAL Stuff.

Oh my gosh girl, I can’t believe you are in another wedding! LoL I think I remember now you telling me about your marathon wedding season this year. How fun though!
    Lauren recently posted..Rise and Ride

13. Annie says

sometimes I have three breakfasts lol! I’ve been know to have porridge for breakfast and skip lunch thanks to a busy schedule, come in around 4 pm, eat pancakes and have cereal/porridge for dinner. I’m from france though and eggs aren’t really considered breakfast food which means that when I do eat eggs (usually for lunch or dinner) I always have more than one breakfast for you american peeps 😉

You’re doing fabulous with that garden! Everything looks great!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day too! Generally I meals at roughly the same time but sometimes the hunger bug hits and I have something to eat and it throws the next meal times off.
    Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Bootcamp Day 5

I use to eat by the clock but now I listen to my body- eating by the clock only brings up binges and overeating issues as well as restriction for me. Thanks for writing a healthy post that promotes listening to your body! I definitely need to get more of this lately :)
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Sore & sick