Two Breakfasts In One Day?

by Courtney on July 26, 2012

Suuuuuuure…don’t mind if I do!

This morning after I finished training a couple clients, I had plans to meet up with Sarah and Mal for some bridesmaid dress fittings. Sooo exciting!

As it turns out, the bridal store didn’t open until 11am and I really didn’t feel like going all the way back home from work, so we decided to all meet for some coffee/ breakfast beforehand at Peaches Café.

I was the first to arrive out of the group, so I grabbed a seat and ordered myself a coffee with cream and sugar while I waited.

Shortly after I sat down, my fabulous friends joined in and the three of us browsed the menu to see what we wanted. Originally, since I had already eaten waffles this morning, I was only going to get something small, but as soon as I sat down my stomach started grumbling like whoa.

So I figured, if I’m hungry, might as well eat! Besides…who would want to skip out on the chance to eat their favorite meal of the day twice? Winking smile

Despite the fact that Peaches is home to some of my favorite local pancakes, I opted for something savory: 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, wheat toast, and home fries. I could have done without the home fries, but everything tasted delicious and I am still feeling super full and satisfied two hours later. Whenever hunger strikes again today, I’ll take that as my cue to chow again.

After spending some time catching up over breakfast, the three of us headed over to take care of our bridesmaid dresses and then made sure to rush back home before we encountered any dangerous storms. <—This is partially a joke for my dear Sarah…don’t worry, we’re all safe and sound now. Winking smile

Once I got home, I decided to take a walk out back and check out the garden…and would ya check out this haul!

I still can’t get over the fact that I – Mrs. Black Thumb for lord knows how long – actually growing vegetables…in a garden…which look normal…and actually taste good. This is caraaaaaazy!

And on top of today’s bounty, we still have all of these zucchinis that we picked a few days ago.

Looks like it may be time to bake again, huh? Either that or c’mon over and grab one while they’re still available!

Question for the Morning:

Do you like to try to stick to certain times of the day to eat meals, or do you just eat whenever you get hungry?

1 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 26, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Wow!! I am so jealous of your amazing garden. Great work!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..New Mexico

2 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes July 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I usually try to eat my meals around same time everyday–breakfast between 7 and 8:30 a.m., lunch between 12 and 1:30 p.m., and dinner between 6 and 7:30 p.m. If I get *really* hungry, though, I’ll listen to my body and eat :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Going All In

3 Melissa July 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Aw, I love Peaches! ;) Glad you had a nice meet-up with your girlfriends! I try to stick to a routine with eating but if I am hungry, I’ll snack a bit (Kashi granola bar, Luna protein bar, etc). I love storms!!..but glad you’re home safe and sound. :)
Melissa recently posted..Pit Stop

4 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files July 26, 2012 at 1:42 pm

two breakfast’s in one day sounds like an excellent idea to me!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..WIAW-Cake cake cake

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope July 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I love eating breakfast twice in one day. In fact, I’ve been doing it quite often since eggs are gentle on my belly. :)

I’m so jealous of your garden! I cannot wait for the day to own a house so I can have a garden as lovely as yours!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Finding Comfort…

6 Kaelin July 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Breakfast is ALWAYS a good choice!

Your veggies look great! I just whipped up Mama Pea’s Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake to use up some of my garden’s bounty:

YUM! :)

7 Khushboo July 26, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I usually tend to eat the same times due to work routine but on weekends I try to go by hunger cues…can’t say I always succeed but one can only try right!
Khushboo recently posted..Hey It’s Okay: Hashtag Editon

8 Rachel July 26, 2012 at 1:50 pm

during the work week I eat at set times (12- snack, 2- lunch) just cause it’s eaiser lol but the weekends I usually eat when i’m hungry, and also skip the mid-morning snack lol
Rachel recently posted..Oceans!

9 Shannon July 26, 2012 at 1:54 pm

That black thumb must’ve been green all along. Look at you, Mrs. Green Thumb! Nice work. :)

I eat whenever I’m hungry. I don’t have a strict meal plan that I follow that tells me what times I’m going to eat every day. If it’s a school day, I have breakfast around 6:45 in the morning; lunch depending on my schedule of classes; and dinner around 6-6:30 in the evening.

I thought you were at Peaches based off the first picture that appeared in my Google Reader feed from this post. Peaches Cafe is my sister’s favorite restaurant- the last time I went to Peaches was on her birthday three weeks ago from tomorrow. They do have good pancakes there. :) Very filling ones.

10 amy July 26, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Your veggies look awesomeee!!
amy recently posted..A lesson from the boys

11 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 26, 2012 at 2:07 pm

So jealous of your garden! If it’s not a work day, I eat whenever I’m hungry. I try to eat at least a snak every three hours though.
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Easy Baked Miso Chicken and Latest Reads

12 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian July 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I LOVE Peaches Cafe. It’s my go-to for breakfast whenever I head back into town to see my parents. I love their pancakes too – to die for!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #17: Sick Day {What I Ate Wednesday}

13 Megan@ The Running Doc July 26, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I’m so jealous of your yellow squash haul! Yellow squash has been one of my favorite foods this summer but sadly we didn’t plant any in our own garden. :(

I usually eat around the same times every day but if I’m feeling really hungry I certainly won’t deny myself just because it isn’t the “right” time.
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Therapy Dog Training

14 Lauren July 26, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I’ll take a zucchini! LOVE sauteeing them with EVOO and garlic powder:)

15 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries July 26, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I definitely used to only allow myself to eat at “certain times” whether I was hungry or not. Now? I just eat when I’m hungry! Usually they end up being around the same times each day because my body has become accustomed to when I eat though.
Our friends just brought over a huge zucchini that I can’t wait to make some zucchini bread with!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..07/26: Thursday Thoughts

16 Karleen July 26, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Your garden results look awesome! So jealous! I live in a studio apt but as soon as I move and/or get some more space, I want a garden sooo bad. Gotta be saving you some extra bucks too right? That’s so awesome

17 Courtney July 26, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Definitely saving some dolla bills! ;)

18 Anne Marie @Anne_Everhart July 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I WANT YOUR GARDEN! So impressive!
I definitely eat the same time everyday during the week based around my work schedule, but the weekends are a free-for-all (aka eating all day long ;-)

19 Lindsey July 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Both I tend at eat at the same times each day, but if I am hungry I will eat then too.
Lindsey recently posted..News Worthy

20 Lizzie July 26, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I eat at very specific times during the work week – but only because it helps break up the day!

6am – snack before workout
9am – breakfast
11am – morning snack
1 pm – lunch
4 pm – snack
Btw 7-8pm – dinner

21 Katelyn July 26, 2012 at 2:56 pm

My favorite: When a restaurant serves breakfast all day.
Katelyn recently posted..{Eating Clean}: I like to snack.

22 Courtney July 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Amen to THAT. ;)

23 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 26, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Breakfast is my favorite meal too! Your garden goods look awesome…..I’m jealous. I try to eat every two-three hours, but when I’m feeling extra snacky I usually just give in.
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things & Random Thoughts of the Day

24 Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles July 26, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I went to Peaches for my birthday breakfast last Saturday – its so hard to pick just one thing from their menu!! I opted for the peaches & cream waffle, but have you ever tried the banana bread French toast!? It’s out of this world amazing!!
Jennifer @ Healthy Wifestyles recently posted..Hakuna Frittata {Zucchini & Quinoa Frittata}

25 Courtney July 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm

NO, I haven’t…but now I know what to look for next time I’m there! :)

26 Laura July 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Because unemployment has really messed with my sleep schedule I eat when Im hungry. I try to eat a little throughout the day anyways but now everything is just shifted all over the place.
Laura recently posted..Shower before or after?

27 Michelle@Peachy Palate July 26, 2012 at 3:08 pm

At the weekend I live by intuitive eating but during the week I eat what I have packed with me at the given opportunities in work! You should make a zucchini green monster smoothie…lovely with banana and pineapple, vanilla sunwarrior, cinnamon, topped with currants or raisins, and chopped pecans! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Simple Fresh Beauty

28 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 26, 2012 at 3:12 pm

My wakeup time and my bedtime tend to fluctuate by an hour or two on a regular basis, so I just try to time my meals and snacks 2-4 hours apart. Generally though:

9:00 am pre workout snack
11:30 am breakfast
3:00 pm lunch
a snack somewhere if I feel hungry
7-8 pm dinner
1100-11:30 nighttime snack/dessert
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Back For Vengeance + A High-Protein Breakfast Recipe.

29 Liz @ IHeartVegetables July 26, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Haha I’d have breakfast 3 times a day if I could ;) It’s the best meal of the day!

30 Lisa July 26, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Just yesterday I had two breakfasts as well:)
It was wonderful, breakfast for lunch is just as tasty as breakfast for breakfast.
I have a crazy amount of zucchini at home, but can’t decide what I want to make. There are SO many zucchini recipes out there right now!
I try to eat whenever I’m hungry, but I still struggle with letting my hunger tell me when to eat, I guess that’s just leftover disordered issues. That will hopefully go away with time! Frustrating.
Lisa recently posted..Green Dough + Burgers

31 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 26, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Great job with the garden! My success this year has been a basil plant. I killed bamboo so I’m happy with the one plant. Small steps. ;)
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Baked Eggs Caprese

32 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 26, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I’m so jealous of your garden! We live in an apartment and barely have space for an herb planter. :(

I usually just eat whenever I’m hungry. My work schedule can be pretty screwy, which makes it hard to eat meals at regular times.
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..The Versatile Blogger Award

33 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 26, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I used to eat a certain times, but now I listen to my body!! :) I’m totally jealous of your garden goods. It has been so hot and dry here ours has died!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Tearing Down to Build Up

34 Alison July 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I’m definitely a grazer! I eat a hearty breakfast when I wake up and then I just eat throughout the day as I feel hungry. Then I usually eat a real dinner. Seems to work best for me.
Alison recently posted..Trip to Pennsylvania: The Final Strum

35 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident July 26, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I try really hard to eat at the same times everyday becasue it really helps my motabolism, but when I feel starved or I have the opportunity to chow down with good company, I absolutely eat ;)
Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident recently posted..3 New Things

36 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 26, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I try to eat when I am hungry but I have been eating at the same times for so long that my body starts telling me around the same time everyday. I know many people like the 6 mini meals per day but all that does it causes me to overeat.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes

37 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 26, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Congrats on all of your veggies!! That is so exciting! I really want to start a vegetable garden, but I’m nervous that I’ll kill everything haha. You give me hope! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Eating our way around Europe.

38 Holly July 26, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Court! Sorry just catching up on your recent blog posts.
I just wanted to comment on the one about HA. Just know that you are doing the right then, and I KNOW things will turn around. I am an example of how they did turn around. I didn’t have my period for 4+ years…and my body fast was only about 12%. I actually had to go to a blood doctor for a while to my sure all of my ‘levels’ were balanced, and everything was perfect…it was just my body fat was so low that I really could NOT get pregnant, even as much as we were trying. I gained just 5lbs., and then BOOM! I have a little lady in my belly to prove that those five pounds made a HUGE impact on my body. It was SCREAMING for fat.
Just keep doing what you are doing! :) I know everything will work out for you!! Xo
Holly recently posted..The REAL Stuff.

39 Lauren July 26, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Oh my gosh girl, I can’t believe you are in another wedding! LoL I think I remember now you telling me about your marathon wedding season this year. How fun though!
Lauren recently posted..Rise and Ride

40 Lauren @ Sassy Molassy July 27, 2012 at 12:44 am

Mama Pea posted a recipe last week or so with some brownies she made that had a lot of zuchinni in them. Could be a great option to use up those extra veggies! :)
Lauren @ Sassy Molassy recently posted..Surprise!

41 Annie July 27, 2012 at 7:13 am

sometimes I have three breakfasts lol! I’ve been know to have porridge for breakfast and skip lunch thanks to a busy schedule, come in around 4 pm, eat pancakes and have cereal/porridge for dinner. I’m from france though and eggs aren’t really considered breakfast food which means that when I do eat eggs (usually for lunch or dinner) I always have more than one breakfast for you american peeps ;)

42 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson July 27, 2012 at 1:54 pm

You’re doing fabulous with that garden! Everything looks great!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day too! Generally I meals at roughly the same time but sometimes the hunger bug hits and I have something to eat and it throws the next meal times off.
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Bootcamp Day 5

43 Erin July 27, 2012 at 2:33 pm

You could set your watch to when I eat! Seriously clockwork!

44 Bek @ Crave July 27, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I use to eat by the clock but now I listen to my body- eating by the clock only brings up binges and overeating issues as well as restriction for me. Thanks for writing a healthy post that promotes listening to your body! I definitely need to get more of this lately :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Sore & sick