A Risqué Fur Ball

by Courtney on July 27, 2012

After finishing up dinner last night, Jay and I settled in to catch up on a little Franklin & Bash on our DVR, each with our respective dishes of ice cream. The show (and the ice cream, of course) was great, but that wasn’t the only form of entertainment we had…all thanks to our risqué little fur ball.

Codeman! He was alllll sprawled out the entire evening no matter where he went, and we’re pretty sure that the heat had something to do with it…we’re currently being too cheap to turn on both AC’s and it gets a bit steamy up in here sometimes.

I caught the above photo early on in the evening, but a couple hours later, Jay happened to spot him again in his now-favorite spot. (FYI: Jay has still not signed up for Twitter. He is slacking big time. He IS, however, on Instagram.)

Cracks. Me. Up. Winking smile

*****

When breakfast rolled around this morning, I had one thing on my mind and that one thing was waffles.

Waffles are my jam lately. I seriously can’t get enough of ‘em.

And then, to make things even better, I realized that I still had one packet of THIS left

Man, oh man. Talk about one killer plate of waffles.

I also sipped on a sweaty glass of iced coffee with Truvia and creamer (a recent swap) which was delicious as ever.

I’ve got a little bit of work to do now this morning, including a couple training plans, followed by a quick meeting and then a possible mall + lunch date with mom. (P.S. – if you’ve sent me an email in the last few days, I promise, I will get back to you asap!!)

Happy Fridayyyy!

Question for the Morning:

Fellow pet lovers! What are some of the funniest things that your own fur ball does to make you smile?

1 Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl July 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

I’ve mentioned before Aki plays fetch with her mouseys, it’s too funny. Sheila every now and then just will randomly get crazy and dart around the apartment, jump on the footstool waving her tail around, and then dart off. They’re weirdos. Love the Cody poses! He should totally be a cat model. ;) Happy Friday!
Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..On Games

2 Khushboo July 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

Note to self: make waffles this weekend :)! Enjoy your day with your mom!
Khushboo recently posted..Weekend Reads

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

That’s adorable! He looks so chill and relaxed (and like he’s hot). ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

4 Lindsey July 27, 2012 at 9:57 am

When she runs around the house super fast for no reason, kills us every time and I wonder what is going through her little head!
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

5 Courtney July 27, 2012 at 10:32 am

Oh my gosh, I know, right? Cody does that alllll the time!

6 TJ July 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

Our little lab puppy has decided to start howling at me to get my attention and it’s seriously the cutest/most annoying thing in the world. Cute to me, annoying to everyone else!

Your kitty is a little cutie too!

7 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

Our yellow lab is seriously the funniest dog ever. He does things left and right that make us laugh, but some of my favorites: Sometimes when you talk to him, he will look at you and tilt his head a little with his ears perked up. SO cute. Then sometimes we’ll turn around, and he is sprawled out on his back (being risque too! ;) ) holding onto one of his toys with his two front paws and snapping at it with his mouth. It’s hilarious every time.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Why Do I Blog?

8 Julie July 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

Awww Cody is so cute! Scout’s been spreading himself out a lot more lately, too, and we’re thinking it’s also the heat. The funniest thing is just how clumsy he is. We throw his toy, he jumps for it, and he lands on top of furniture or all sprawled out. Aren’t cats supposed to be graceful? :-)

With everything going on, I hope Cody is making you smile a lot! Terry and I always look to Scout to cheer us up when things get rough. :-)
Julie recently posted..Half Marathon Q&A with Heidi

9 Faith @ For the Health of It July 27, 2012 at 10:25 am

My pup cracks me up for thinking she weighs just 15 pounds. She’s really 70 pounds but acts like a lap dog – no matter how close is, she can always scooch closer for a few more belly rubs!

10 Courtney July 27, 2012 at 10:33 am

This made me chuckle out loud :)

11 Rachel July 27, 2012 at 10:27 am

My cats do the same thing hahaha I think the funniest thing Jack does is “scoot” across the carpet in the basement… just sliding around lol not in the “making a mess” kinda way ;) looove that almond butter!
Rachel recently posted..Saving Butterflies

12 Courtney July 27, 2012 at 10:40 am

I LOVE that your cat’s name is Jack…that’s what we always say we would name our second cat if we ever got one! :)

13 Rachel July 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm

aww cute!! :) it’s a tough boy name ;) haha
Rachel recently posted..Saving Butterflies

14 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 27, 2012 at 10:28 am

How sweet that little fur ball of yours is! …. Our two cats crack me up daily. I love their personalities and that they are so stinking loving, just at the exact time when we need some loving. :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise During Pregnancy….. It does a body good! {part II}

15 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

Haha cody is so great! My favorite thing that my dog does is let out a HUGE sigh and then plop to the floor like he’s had a the hardest day. Sleeping on the couch all day must be rough :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Friday Rest Day

16 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident July 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

My puppy loves to sprawl out too!! He looks like a frog when he lays down on his belly and his legs all streatch out teehee. So cute!
Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident recently posted..So much to do, so little time…

17 Emily @ I'd Rather Walk July 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

I want to snuggle that cat!
Emily @ I’d Rather Walk recently posted..Ode to New York City Tap Water

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 27, 2012 at 11:01 am

Pretty much everything my pug does makes me laugh; he’s a little comedian! Of course all of his pug “noises” are pretty funny, but one of my favorites is when I take him out for a walk… Whenever he’s doing his business, he looks up at me with those bulging eyes — just stares at me — like, look mom aren’t I a good boy? AREN’T I?!?! haha What a weirdo.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Zoo Edition

19 kim@hungryhealthygirl July 27, 2012 at 11:05 am

Mall and lunch dates with Mom are the best….have fun!!

20 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

One of the funniest things my dog does is grab her tough toy, which is shaped like a donut and has ruffles around the edges to look like a flower, and she grabs from the inside so her nose and eyes are sticking out the middle. It just cracks my husband and I up!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Roasted Corn Salad

21 Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl July 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

My dogs always have me laughing and smiling. They are insane together. I have two jack russells a boy named Jack and a girl named Jill. The funniest thing is when they play tug of war with each other. They both sit and growl at each other until one lets go. Normally it’s Jill because Jack is stronger. She gets mad that she didn’t get it and will bark at him until he gets sick of hearing it and gives her back the rope. lol. It’s the darn-est thing ever.
Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl recently posted..Equitrekking Article about Mt. Rogers by Me

22 amy July 27, 2012 at 11:49 am

Nothing better than ending a summer night with ice cream! I have been on a mint chocolate chip kick which is strange for me! Think it’s time to move something else into the rotation. Any recent good discoveries (minus chocolate, love chocolate but cannot do chocolate ice cream!)
amy recently posted..Understanding body image

23 Courtney July 27, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I’m loving the cookie dough these days ;)

24 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian July 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm

She follows bugs around, not tries to kill them or anything; but just follows them. Plus she LOVES plastic bags, she tries to sniff them ALL the time. She also walks around “talking” when I leave and Kenneth is here alone, and will not shut up until he talks to her; unless the t.v. is on and she will just sit and watch it with him.
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Hagerstown. Sweet Frogs. Popeye’s.

25 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 27, 2012 at 12:25 pm

So jealous of your waffles! Every time I see them I want some! Cody is the cutest!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Apricot Scallop Stir Fry Plus Fitness Friday!

26 Carol @ Lucky Zucca July 27, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Cody is so cute! Those poses are hilarious. I swear my dog thinks shes a cat… she rubs up against you with her whole body just like cats do AND does that thing with rounding out her back just like cats do … and shes obsessed with cats. Too bad they’re not so obsessed back haha!
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Skinny Vanilla

27 Liz @ IHeartVegetables July 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I didn’t even know there WAS A Vanilla almond butter! Justin is one amazing nut butter maker. haha
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Healthy Shakes & Hardywood Brewery

28 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm

When my boyfriend and I started dating, my little puppy thought he was trying to “move in,” on us, so she would throw him under the bus whenever she could. If he ate something that was in my fridge or cabinet and threw it in the garbage, she would find he wrapper, bring it to me, and put it at my feet or on my lap so I knew he took it!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Our Trip to Gotham

29 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings July 27, 2012 at 1:27 pm

My dog at home does the same exact thing as Cody! He’s huge (90 lbs), and will plop in the middle of the floor on his back, legs spread wide. We just laugh at him and tell him to put it away, but he has no shame ;)
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..A nice long run

30 Amanda July 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Our dog, Henry, is always cracking me up! Sometimes when he tries to jump up onto the bed, his front paws make it, but not the back legs, so he’ll slide down. Also, he’s started chasing his own tail in circles and will sometimes get it in his teeth. Love pets!!

31 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health July 27, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Ahahaha Cody is so cute ;). My dog loves to lay on her back with her legs spread, and she has some um, red hair down there and it’s a stark contrast to her white fur…it looks so attractive haha
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Bridesmaid Dresses

32 Annie @ Legally Balanced July 27, 2012 at 2:50 pm

My cavalier king charles spaniel, Bella, thinks she’s a cat and I’ll always catch her perched on the back of our recliner or on the window sill. My 90 pound black lab, Louie, thinks he’s a lap dog and will literally climb on top of you if you are sitting on the couch… he has no concept of his size!
Annie @ Legally Balanced recently posted..London [Days 5 & 6]

33 michelle kim July 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm

My dog, Vanna, loves to play with toys like crazy when I’m in the backyard with her. It’s just funny how much she loves to chase after a tennis ball. It totally makes me smile when she’s galloping back with it in her mouth (I can imagine her running back in slow motion, looking so happy, haha).
michelle kim recently posted..First Part of Long Run

34 Ellie@Fit for the Soul July 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm

hehe I love waffles too, and whenever I eat them I think of you now! :D And cody’s picture on the bed is so funny! I loooooooove it when our cats Sheba and Orion cover their eyes with their paws when they sleeep. It is ADORABLE!!!!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Spice up Your Glutes and Your Love Life

35 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 27, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Cody is so cute!

Our fur-baby cats always run around at lightning speed! One of our cats just ran head first full speed into our sliding door to try to “catch” a bird that was on the patio!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..#FitStreak Friday: Week 2 Recap

36 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I’m currently pet-less, which makes me sad :-(

But my MIL’s toy poodle likes to randomly stand up on his hind legs on the couch when he wants your attention – like he’s saying “look at meeeeee!” We call it the gopher pose. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Now That’s a Blonde Moment.

37 Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com July 27, 2012 at 4:41 pm

My cat has been doing the same thing, lol! I had put a pic of him up a couple days ago…he is not modest at all, haha. I have been loving Ben & Jerry’s Greek Frozen Yogurt…all flavors, hehe. Have a great weekend! :)
Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com recently posted..It’s Fridayyyyyy

38 Joy July 29, 2012 at 7:04 am

Dobby wakes me up wagging his tail IN HIS SLEEP at least once a week
Joy recently posted..The not wordless Wednesday

39 Lea July 29, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Cody is too funny! I have a cat that does the same thing and if you rub his belly he starts to purr, he’s such a ham.
Lea recently posted..Can We Talk About