Signing Contracts

Hello, beautiful.

And happy Saturday to you all! How’s everyone’s day shaping up so far? Jay and I were both up at a decent hour this morning, despite going to bed around 2am thanks to a fun evening with friends, so we could be ready to sign some contracts…

It’s time to get some new siding up in here!

Our contractor came over early this morning to work out the final details, write up our contract, and get things rolling. Jay and I had thought that we had decided on a color last week, but as the guy was writing it up we both ended up doing a bit of a double take at the color charts and made a last minute change.

Originally, we were going to go with the color above the circled one, but we ultimately decided that we liked the darker color better.

So long, partially-missing-seafoam-green siding!! Winking smile

We’ve still got a about a month wait time until the big renovation, but just knowing that it’s even on the horizon makes me BEYOND excited!

So shortly after we finished up with that this morning, I put together and quick and easy breakfast.

Iced coffee + a cereal combo made with loads of berries, Kashi Go Lean, Special K, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Now, Jay and I are going to get ready to head out for our out-of-state road trip tooo…

New Haven, CT!

If anyone has any recommendations and/or must-go places for a little day trip, we’re all ears! One place I do know that we’re stopping at though? IKEA.

I have never been to an Ikea…should I be prepared to want to spend my entire savings or what? Winking smile

1. Lindsay A says

That breakfast looks so refreshing and oh so summery!!! I’m jealous of your roadtrip. Those are the best. Scouting out local restaurants are so fun. And IKEA…oh man. Prepare yourself. It always makes me question why I didn’t go into interior design! You better leave your wallet in the car!!!

Oh man you ate going to love IKEA although your wallet might not feel the same! I went once and felt like a kid in a candy store haha! Apparently their soft serve is a must-try!
    Khushboo recently posted..Weekend Reads

3. Amanda L says

Oh my god, make sure you pack some snacks for IKEA!! I always love the idea of going there and then it’s sooo huge and overwhelming that I get super exhausted and cranky if I don’t bring remedies to get my blood sugar back up! Luckily though, they put the food court right in the middle so a stop for Swedish meatballs is always a must to refuel! :)

4. Mollie says

I am from CT- If you want to try a vegetarian cute cute cute place for lunch (not sure how jay feels about that??) go to claire’s corner copia! It is great! There is also a jcrew, urban outfitters, and other fun little boutiques near yale’s campus!

5. Claire K says

Pepe’s Pizza! (157 Wooster Street New Haven, CT 06511) I live in southern CT and Pepe’s is a CT tradition. Honestly there isn’t better pizza out there. Just thinking about it is making me hungry. You’ll have one happy tummy!

6. Jessica says

I grew up 20minutes outside of New Haven!! For eats, my favs have always been Claire’s Cornicopia and Frank Pepe’s Pizza (it’s world famous!) walking around Yale is always fun too. And Ikea is overwhelming but so worth it…enjoy!!

I’m from right around there! Def pepes pizza and froyo world you’ll love both!! There both right in the center of new haven!

8. jessica says

i second claire’s! i go there and dont even think its vegetarian. they have great small items like coffee cakes etc and food.

9. Alyssa says

IKEA is so much fun!!!! I live in about 20 minutes from the IKEA in CT and was just there last weekend!!! Be prepared to spend lots of money, because seriously, everything in that store is amazing!!!! Have fun!!!!

10. colleen says

Ikea! Jay is a saint. My boyfriend won’t step foot in the place anymore! You won’t spend a ton of money there as the prices are great but your head will be spinning with ideas of redecorating. Plus you’ll need a nap after because it’s very over stimulating!!! Have fun!

11. Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp says

Love IKEA! I grew up living two miles from one, and I bought my first piece of artwork there – a large blak and white Audrey Hepburn canvas. You have to look awhile but you can find some great stuff if you’re patient. Have fun!!
    Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Loaded Turkey Santa Fe Baked Potato Skins

12. Christie says

I live in New Haven. You should definitely go to Pepe’s and then Libby’s (right down the street) for dessert! Have fun!

I spent four good years of school in new haven. Nothing like nyc where i live now but there are hidden gems. Pepe’s of course, or walk right down the road to Sallys. They have a great pizzeria rivalry. Bar also has great pizza (mashed potato and bacon pizza there is divine). 116 Crown for a nice tapas dinner and a great way to cap off your night.

Ikea — yes, soft serve for 99 cents. Can’t beat it. Also, you won’t be able to resist the scent of the cinnamon buns!
    Emly Teal recently posted..Photo

14. Brenda says

Prepare to be there for your entire day! It’s a good thing they have a cafeteria. Don’t forget to grab some cinnamon buns on your way out! Can’t wait to read about your experience!

Ooh!! I just went to IKEA earlier today! Going there on a weekend..not such a good idea. There’s A LOT to see so it’s better if you don’t have a massive crowd surrounding you at all times. It can get quite frustrating. I did my share of bumping, hitting, pushing..haha gently, though- some accidentally, some purposefully 😉
    Everything’s very affordable and cute!
    I LOVE their nonfat yogurt cone! It’s only a $1!! Can’t beat that!!
    Have fun in New Haven! My brother and sister-in-law used to live there, and when we visited them back in September, it was gorgeous!! Felt like Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls 😉
    Min recently posted..Seaweed Soup

16. mehvish says

For lunch:
    Claires Corner Copia’s puebelo salad with buffalo soy chicken, burritos, carrot cake, or chipotle quesadilla!

For breakfast:
    Try Claires again for their amazing eggs florentine or blueberry pancakes or check out the pantry on mechanic street.

Frank Pepe’s is an institution. Do not order salad.

17. tonia says

tania on July 28, 2012 at 1:50 am said:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Hi, just want to spread the word that you beware to NOT undereat…I learned the hard way and can’t run at all now…
    some things you ought to consider:

You can read all the other blog posts there too…food for thought!!

You are Young and need a LOT of cals…even if you just sat all day…so make sure you do your body right…I see way too many (unadmittedly) orthorexic bloggers on these websites…amenorrheic or too much exercise or fake, low cal foods…or new “diet” or something…jeesh, take care of yourself

18. Sabine says

I like today’s post, because it is so similar to what we are doing right now (for months)- renovating a house we bought. :)

Can’t wait for the pictures of your freshly painted home!

And IKEA is a lot of fun. My mom and I will go there on Monday. Though I know exactly what I NEED, I always find other stuff I WANT :) .