Signing Contracts

by Courtney on July 28, 2012

Hello, beautiful.

And happy Saturday to you all! How’s everyone’s day shaping up so far? Jay and I were both up at a decent hour this morning, despite going to bed around 2am thanks to a fun evening with friends, so we could be ready to sign some contracts…

It’s time to get some new siding up in here!

Our contractor came over early this morning to work out the final details, write up our contract, and get things rolling. Jay and I had thought that we had decided on a color last week, but as the guy was writing it up we both ended up doing a bit of a double take at the color charts and made a last minute change.

Originally, we were going to go with the color above the circled one, but we ultimately decided that we liked the darker color better.

So long, partially-missing-seafoam-green siding!! Winking smile

We’ve still got a about a month wait time until the big renovation, but just knowing that it’s even on the horizon makes me BEYOND excited!

So shortly after we finished up with that this morning, I put together and quick and easy breakfast.

Iced coffee + a cereal combo made with loads of berries, Kashi Go Lean, Special K, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Now, Jay and I are going to get ready to head out for our out-of-state road trip tooo…

New Haven, CT!

If anyone has any recommendations and/or must-go places for a little day trip, we’re all ears! One place I do know that we’re stopping at though? IKEA.

I have never been to an Ikea…should I be prepared to want to spend my entire savings or what? Winking smile

1 Presley (@runpretty) July 28, 2012 at 10:37 am

I get so excited for home projects. Y’all have put so much work into your house, and it shows! :)
Presley (@runpretty) recently posted..Maddux: Month One Baby Update

2 Lindsay A July 28, 2012 at 10:38 am

That breakfast looks so refreshing and oh so summery!!! I’m jealous of your roadtrip. Those are the best. Scouting out local restaurants are so fun. And IKEA…oh man. Prepare yourself. It always makes me question why I didn’t go into interior design! You better leave your wallet in the car!!!

3 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake July 28, 2012 at 10:39 am

The siding on my house is a similar shade of brown! I definitely think darker is better!

Have fun at Ikea; there’s always a lot to check out!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My Favorite Home Websites

4 Khushboo July 28, 2012 at 10:42 am

Oh man you ate going to love IKEA although your wallet might not feel the same! I went once and felt like a kid in a candy store haha! Apparently their soft serve is a must-try!
Khushboo recently posted..Weekend Reads

5 Courtney July 28, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Whaaaaaaaat?!?! Soft serve in Ikea?!?! You’re KIDDING.

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 28, 2012 at 10:43 am

Oooo Ikea! Be ready to feel a little overwhelmed. ;) I have mixed feelings about the place. It’s fun to look around, but there’s a LOT. We’ve found some good stuff there, but some of it is kinda “cheap” looking. Just depends on what you’re looking for! Have fun!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..This or That: Health & Fitness

7 Amanda L July 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

Oh my god, make sure you pack some snacks for IKEA!! I always love the idea of going there and then it’s sooo huge and overwhelming that I get super exhausted and cranky if I don’t bring remedies to get my blood sugar back up! Luckily though, they put the food court right in the middle so a stop for Swedish meatballs is always a must to refuel! :)

8 Shana July 28, 2012 at 10:48 am

You should be prepared to spend your entire DAY.
Shana recently posted..Making the Grade

9 Emily July 28, 2012 at 10:48 am

Ashley’s ice cream!

10 Mollie July 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

I am from CT- If you want to try a vegetarian cute cute cute place for lunch (not sure how jay feels about that??) go to claire’s corner copia! It is great! There is also a jcrew, urban outfitters, and other fun little boutiques near yale’s campus!

11 Jenni July 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

I recommend you stop and eat at Pepe’s Pizza. It was a favorite of ours when we lived there. http://www.pepespizzeria.com/?page=locations. Enjoy New Haven!
Jenni recently posted..Chocolate Fudge Cookies

12 Mollie July 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

oh i second that-the white broccoli at pepes is delishhhhhhh

13 Claire K July 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

Pepe’s Pizza! (157 Wooster Street New Haven, CT 06511) I live in southern CT and Pepe’s is a CT tradition. Honestly there isn’t better pizza out there. Just thinking about it is making me hungry. You’ll have one happy tummy!

14 kaitlin @4loveofcarrots July 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

Have fun in new haven. You will lice IKEA!! I live on fairfield ct. Believe it or not I have never had dinner in new haven but I know there are a lot if great restaurants there!

15 Rachel July 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

Never been to that part of CT, but I know their aquarium is nice! lol
Rachel recently posted..Saving Butterflies

16 Tiff July 28, 2012 at 10:54 am

Enjoy Ikea! It’s fun to walk around in there, but I warn you that it takes a while to see everything!
Tiff recently posted..Spin Me Right Round, Baby

17 Jessica July 28, 2012 at 10:57 am

I grew up 20minutes outside of New Haven!! For eats, my favs have always been Claire’s Cornicopia and Frank Pepe’s Pizza (it’s world famous!) walking around Yale is always fun too. And Ikea is overwhelming but so worth it…enjoy!!

18 Lisa July 28, 2012 at 10:58 am

I’m from right around there! Def pepes pizza and froyo world you’ll love both!! There both right in the center of new haven!

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 28, 2012 at 10:59 am

What fun! I love home projects- unfortunately I have been the one doing all of them though. It can kind of burn a girl out! I would be stoked about someone else helping me spiffy up the house.
Travel safe & have tons of fun with Jay! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise During Pregnancy….. It does a body good! {part II}

20 jessica July 28, 2012 at 11:01 am

i second claire’s! i go there and dont even think its vegetarian. they have great small items like coffee cakes etc and food.

21 Emily July 28, 2012 at 11:03 am

Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana – get the local summer tomato pie.

22 kim@hungryhealthygirl July 28, 2012 at 11:09 am

I’m on a little road trip too (San Antonio, TX). Have fun on your’s!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Road Trip Snacks & No-Bake Cookies

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 28, 2012 at 11:09 am

I think the darker one will be nice! Home reno projects are always exciting.

Ikea…bring a credit card. Preferably a near-blank one. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Almost Too Good + Mexican Night.

24 Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength July 28, 2012 at 11:11 am

Prepare yourself for crowds and potentially an argument with Jay. ;-) My husband will not go there with me ever again and I know he’s not the only husband to say that! haha
Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength recently posted..Breaking The Rules: Nutrition Style

25 Alyssa July 28, 2012 at 11:17 am

IKEA is so much fun!!!! I live in about 20 minutes from the IKEA in CT and was just there last weekend!!! Be prepared to spend lots of money, because seriously, everything in that store is amazing!!!! Have fun!!!!

26 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 28, 2012 at 11:18 am

IKEA is amazing!! Stuff is so reasonably priced there!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Mediterranean Couscous with Olives and Artichokes

27 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 28, 2012 at 11:24 am

Be prepared to be a little overwhelmed at IKEA!! I feel like you just have to walk through the whole thing once, and then go back through to find the things you want!!

Have fun! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Uno

28 colleen July 28, 2012 at 11:40 am

Ikea! Jay is a saint. My boyfriend won’t step foot in the place anymore! You won’t spend a ton of money there as the prices are great but your head will be spinning with ideas of redecorating. Plus you’ll need a nap after because it’s very over stimulating!!! Have fun!

29 amy July 28, 2012 at 11:47 am

enjoy the vacation!
amy recently posted..Understanding body image

30 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog July 28, 2012 at 12:03 pm

IKEA is so overwhelming but AWESOME. Have fun!
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..Furry Friday & A Winner

31 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp July 28, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Love IKEA! I grew up living two miles from one, and I bought my first piece of artwork there – a large blak and white Audrey Hepburn canvas. You have to look awhile but you can find some great stuff if you’re patient. Have fun!!
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Loaded Turkey Santa Fe Baked Potato Skins

32 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 28, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I just love home projects! Your house is going to look beautiful! have fun at IKEA!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Smokey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce

33 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre July 28, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Oh my gosh, IKEA?! Don’t get me started. Your first time will be like a kid walking into a candy store. But don’t forget to eat there – swedish meatballs and mac and cheese all the way!
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Sweat it Out

34 Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} July 28, 2012 at 1:00 pm

your cereal photos are stunning this morning. hope you have a great weekend, court!! :)
Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} recently posted..Sushi, Sprouts & Summertime

35 Christie July 28, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I live in New Haven. You should definitely go to Pepe’s and then Libby’s (right down the street) for dessert! Have fun!

36 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 28, 2012 at 1:37 pm

YAYY house stuff!! Have fun today!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Fitness Friday: BodyStep 88

37 Emly Teal July 28, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I spent four good years of school in new haven. Nothing like nyc where i live now but there are hidden gems. Pepe’s of course, or walk right down the road to Sallys. They have a great pizzeria rivalry. Bar also has great pizza (mashed potato and bacon pizza there is divine). 116 Crown for a nice tapas dinner and a great way to cap off your night.

Ikea — yes, soft serve for 99 cents. Can’t beat it. Also, you won’t be able to resist the scent of the cinnamon buns!
Emly Teal recently posted..Photo

38 HandmadeSuccess July 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Have a great trip! I grew up in Fairfield….and New Haven was pretty fun! You’ve got to get some candles from IKEA…I love the green apple scented ones! xoxo
HandmadeSuccess recently posted..Wax Waxing Sugar Wax Melts Honey Hair Remover Removal – hot…sticky…sweet…14 ounces of ooey gooey goodness – BEST-SELLER by LiveBetter

39 Brenda July 28, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Prepare to be there for your entire day! It’s a good thing they have a cafeteria. Don’t forget to grab some cinnamon buns on your way out! Can’t wait to read about your experience!

40 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident July 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Have fun at Ikea! You will fall in love for sure!
Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident recently posted..Starbucks kind of Morning

41 Cait @ Beyond Bananas July 28, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Go to Pepe’s Pizza! I lived in NH for a year and am now a littler further south in CT!!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Guest Post: Enlisting in a Boot Camp Class

42 Min July 28, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Ooh!! I just went to IKEA earlier today! Going there on a weekend..not such a good idea. There’s A LOT to see so it’s better if you don’t have a massive crowd surrounding you at all times. It can get quite frustrating. I did my share of bumping, hitting, pushing..haha gently, though- some accidentally, some purposefully ;)
Everything’s very affordable and cute!
I LOVE their nonfat yogurt cone! It’s only a $1!! Can’t beat that!!
Have fun in New Haven! My brother and sister-in-law used to live there, and when we visited them back in September, it was gorgeous!! Felt like Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls ;)
Min recently posted..Seaweed Soup

43 Clare July 28, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Ahh IKEA! I could live in that place.. you will love it for sure ;)
Clare recently posted..Stocking Up + Pumpkin Bread

44 mehvish July 28, 2012 at 6:34 pm

For lunch:
Claires Corner Copia’s puebelo salad with buffalo soy chicken, burritos, carrot cake, or chipotle quesadilla!

For breakfast:
Try Claires again for their amazing eggs florentine or blueberry pancakes or check out the pantry on mechanic street.

Frank Pepe’s is an institution. Do not order salad.

45 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 28, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Yeah a for new siding!! have fun :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..I Eat Trash

46 Andrea @ Vegvacious July 28, 2012 at 8:08 pm

You’re going to have even more redecorating ideas after you stop at IKEA! They have so much cool and affordable stuff!
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..High Five for Friday

47 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com July 28, 2012 at 8:45 pm

awe I love New Haven. I think walking the Yale Campus is fun in itself. Something about old college campuses is just beautiful to me.
Have a great getaway!!!
PS your cereal bowls always look so good! I need you to come construct my breakfast :-)
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..I Will Probably Regret This…

48 Jacqueline @ Having Fun While I Run July 28, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Ikea is awesome! Just know you have to assemble all the furniture yourself, but it’s well worth the amazing prices. I got a desk there for my jewelry making station, and it came together really easily and works very well. Ikea never disappoints!
Jacqueline @ Having Fun While I Run recently posted..July 28, 2012, Bridal Shower!

49 Sam July 28, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Ikea is so deadly for the pocket book! They have some awesome deals!!! Have fun xo
Sam recently posted..Chike

50 tonia July 28, 2012 at 10:57 pm

tania on July 28, 2012 at 1:50 am said:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Hi, just want to spread the word that you beware to NOT undereat…I learned the hard way and can’t run at all now…
some things you ought to consider:

You can read all the other blog posts there too…food for thought!!

You are Young and need a LOT of cals…even if you just sat all day…so make sure you do your body right…I see way too many (unadmittedly) orthorexic bloggers on these websites…amenorrheic or too much exercise or fake, low cal foods…or new “diet” or something…jeesh, take care of yourself

51 Jaclyn July 29, 2012 at 12:39 am

Hahah that’s where I was born!
Jaclyn recently posted..Notes from the desert

52 Sabine July 29, 2012 at 4:56 am

I like today’s post, because it is so similar to what we are doing right now (for months)- renovating a house we bought. :)

Can’t wait for the pictures of your freshly painted home!

And IKEA is a lot of fun. My mom and I will go there on Monday. Though I know exactly what I NEED, I always find other stuff I WANT :) .