Slowly But Surely

Mornin’ friends! We had such a fun, busy couple of days happening over here this weekend…here’s what you may have missed!

Slowly but surely, the room is starting to come together. Last night, after taking down all of the paint, we started getting rearranging some furniture and putting a few things back in place.

We’re definitely not done yet though…we still need to do some finishing up on the corners of the walls, install the new white floor trim, and then paint around the window.

The window is now going to be white, which I know is going to look soooo great against the taupe color. I can’t WAIT to see the finished product in here!

I saw that some of you have asked about which colors we chose, so let me go ahead and give ya the deets on that…

We used Behr paint from Home Depot and chose two different colors. I knew I wanted to have mostly taupe-shaded walls, but we were actually both having some trouble finding the “perfect” shade. A lot of them ended up looking too grey or too green, but then Jay found Basketry and we immediately loved it.

When we first started looking at paint, I wasn’t even totally sure if I wanted a contrasting wall, but all of a sudden I realized I needed one. I’ve always been a huge fan of the brown/blue combo of colors (it’s been in my living room since we moved in) and I found myself getting drawn to those shades every time. The color I decided on was Waterscape.

Jay kept showing me other shades of blue, but I knew that the more I overthought it, the less likely I’d be to make up my mind…so I stuck with this one and am SO happy that I did. Things are lookin’ gooooood!

Speaking of lookin’ good…

This morning’s breakfast was pretty awesome. Just a fried egg, provolone, and raspberry jam sandwich on a toasted whole wheat English muffin.

But oh myyy, was it tasty.

And unevenly placed on my muffin too, apparently. Winking smile

I’ve got quite a few things on my Monday to-do list today, and I’m already behind schedule…time to get crackin’!

Question for the Morning:

If you could remodel any one room in your house/apartment right now, which one would it be?

Comments

I would love to redo our office room. Right now it’s an office/junk room, but I’d love to put in a huge wrap-a-round desk that has a place for Cody and a place for me. I also want to paint it and add in some organizational shelves and such. Someday! ;)

I love your new colors so much! Seeing it with your furniture in place makes me love it even more. Great job!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Match Made In Heaven

The shade of blue is honestly looking SO good :)! We’re currently in the process of doing up our place…we just finished our living room and I can’t get over how much nicer and modern it looks! Can’t wait to revamp my room, although I am not so much looking forward to moving out of my room during the renovation!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Weekend Reads

I would redo our bedroom in our apartment. We have nice furniture, but it needs some “sprucing” up. We’ve been so focused on getting the baby’s room ready!

Your color choices are so pretty! I always get overwhelmed in front of the paint samples. So many colors that look SO SIMILAR!

I think I’d pick my bedroom. When I moved in, the walls were orange and brown. (Clearly the tenant before me was a male…) I painted it a soft shade of beige with a pink undertone, but I really wish I’d gone with a bright blue instead. I like the one I chose, but if I could do it again, I’d definitely take the less pink option!

I love the blue and brown combo. Right now our living room has a blue accent wall and the rest are a grayish color. I think the blue wall gives the room some personality. :-)
    Katy recently posted..Triple Cakes

I would definitely want to finish off our unfinished basement (that is if never ending funds were available). :) I love the color contrast you chose for your room! It’s looking great!
    Melanie recently posted..The Modified Diet

Pretty colors! They look beachy :) lol hmmm not sure if I would change anything, because I just redid my room lol and my mom would probably kill me if I took a paint can to her living room ;) but I do have plans for when I move out!
    Rachel recently posted..Hiding the Squirrels

I love living vicariously through bloggers with houses to decorate and remodel! Living in an apartment is like living in suspended animation, since you can’t really make changes to make the space “yours”… I can’t wait until my husband and I are ready for a house!
    Lindsey @ Pas de Deux recently posted..White Bean Hummus

I love contrasting walls! And it’s a good thing since our home has 3 of them (we’re renting so it wasn’t our doing) but it makes the place feel so much more sophisticated and pulled together. Your living room is really coming along! I bet it’ll look even better once you get that new Ikea furniture in there. :)
    Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Weekend Exercise

Since I share a room with one of my family members, I really want to remodel it. We painted the walls a shade of orange and a shade of yellow- and I really want to paint them a shade of light blue and a shade of sea green.

I’m sort of sick of the yellow/orange walls. Hopefully, there’s time this summer to paint!

Oh man, I’d remodel the living/dining room in my apartment in a heartbeat. I hate it. We have three east facing windows with absolutely zero window treatments, which means we get full sun every morning, and it’s so stinkin hot. Our walls are all off white with no decoration to speak of, which is so boring. And the furniture situation is a hot mess. We have a very comfortable futon, very comfortable couch, very comfortable chair, a completely mismatched ottoman, and a coffee table. Note: lack of dining table and over abundance of large furniture. I really just want to take everything out and redo the entire room…but alas, I’m on a pretty limited budget, so I don’t think any major updates will happen anytime soon…or ever.

We just bought a new house 2 months ago and are slowly making all of it “our own.” I just redid our 2 bathrooms a week ago and now we’re starting to pick out paint colors for our kitchen, dining, and living rooms. It’s so hard to choose a color, plus the more I look at them the more they all seem the same! I love the colors you chose though!

I love those colors together! Can’t wait to see it when it’s all done! :)
    I would definitely remake our bedroom. It is where hand-me-down furniture goes to die. We are very grateful for it, but it feels like a hodgepodge of pieces – including an old desk with a tablecloth over it to serve as our tv stand, ha! One day…
    Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Quinoa Cakes w/ Spicy Marinara Sauce

14. Jennifer says

We just picked a new paint color for our living room – it was Basketry, NO LIE!!! Instantly loved it. Currently 8 months pregnant, decided not to tackle that project until after the baby was born so husband wouldn’t have to go at it alone.

I don’t necessarily want to remodel any particular room because my house and furnishings are pretty new but I desperately need some paint on the walls. Right now it is a very light beige color so it is just kind of blah. I would love to hire painters because with 12 foot ceilings and 2500 square feet I DREAD doing it myself!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..A Weekend Away

16. Dee says

Hey! We have Basketry as an accent color in our house! The rest of the walls are a lighter taupe, and boy you’re right about it being hard to find a good shade!! After the house was done I kept seeing green! But alas, they are all painted and we are all moved in.. Now it’s starting to look a little yellow! Haha ah well! :)

Trackbacks