Funny and True

by Courtney on July 31, 2012

This morning, I was greeted with this awesome message on my Facebook page…

I literally laughed out loud. A friend who I’ve known way back since kindergarten (holla to Mr. Brennan’s class, Jessica!) posted this to my Facebook wall yesterday and I just think it’s great. I showed it to Jay this morning and he proceeded to look at it, laugh, say, “You know she’s probably making fun of you right?,” and then smirk back at me.

Hey, ya know what? Even if it was to make fun, I can totally, 100% accept that because it’s funny and it’s true…except most of the time, my pics upload to here, not always on Facebook. Winking smile

*****

Not much happening last night on the food front. Jay and I had our last regular season softball game last night, which we won, giving us only one loss for the whole season. Playoffs should be starting sooooon!

Since the game was later, we did have some time to eat, so I ended up cooking a pork tenderloin that we had in the freezer (similar to this one) and served it along with some veggies. Quick and easy.

*****

This morning, I started the day off with some yoga. It’s probably been almost a week since I last got a session in and I was starting to get antsy. Today’s video of choice was 40 minutes of Yoga Bootcamp Core Strength and let me tell you…it was TOUGH.

My hamstrings were super tight, my hips were sore from catching last night, and my upper back/shoulders – well, they’ve been a mess for weeks. (That being said, I’m willing to pay a masseuse in the form of unlimited, homemade cupcakes if you’ll fix me). I felt a bit better by the end but wow, was that a humbling experience.

Post-workout, it was breakfast time.

But of course, before eating, I did make sure to to attempt to take my pic at a nice, artsy angle. Winking smile

The usual waffle combo today, topped with Justin’s Almond Butter, banana slices, chia seeds, cinnamon, and a teeny drizzle of maple syrup. And I’m pretty sure I’m currently on a waffle kick right now.

I’ve got another busy day ahead of me today, which also includes finishing up a couple batches of birthday cupcakes for a little birthday celebration that we’ll be going to later this evening. While tomorrow is Jay’s birthday, today is my friend Mal’s birthday, so we’ll be celebrating the two together just like we did last year. Happy Birthday, Mal!!

Question for the Morning:

What food kicks are YOU on lately?

1 Chelsea July 31, 2012 at 8:54 am

I am completely obsessed with kodiak cakes at the moment. I’ll mix protein powder into the mixture and eat them with bananas on top, perfection.

2 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 31, 2012 at 8:55 am

Does Lemon Water count as a food kick? I’ve been starting off every day with a tall glass and loving it!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Cheesy Quinoa Pilaf with Spinach + the Mothership Tomato Salad

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance July 31, 2012 at 8:57 am

I’ve been on a waffle topped with yogurt kick lately. I’m also loving Justin’s Maple Almond Butter with apples – so good!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Wild Book Review

4 Khushboo Thadani July 31, 2012 at 8:59 am

Haha that picture is priceless- can totally identify! I’m on a yogurt bowl kick..I can’t get enough: plain yogurt (or Greek) mixed with almonds, vanilla Sunwarrior and pomegranate seeds….YUM!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..The ultimate BOGOF

5 Presley @ Run Pretty July 31, 2012 at 9:02 am

Love it! Haha
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Post-Baby Body: Month One Update

6 Michelle Hunt July 31, 2012 at 9:03 am

Well done on all the game wins!! I need to get myself in to some yoga!
Michelle Hunt recently posted..A new shade of green

7 Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com July 31, 2012 at 9:07 am

Congrats on your win! :) I love the kashi blueberry waffles. Trail mix is my current food kick right now, lol. Have a great day!
Melissa @ runscootsrun.blogspot.com recently posted..Wow

8 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 31, 2012 at 9:08 am

That is awesome- funny + true!
……Strawberries and cream oatmeal (cream = greek yogurt) it has been rocking my world!!! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise During Pregnancy….. It does a body good! {part II}

9 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because July 31, 2012 at 9:10 am

Greek yogurt mixed with PB and honey! Tons of protein and healthy fats :)
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Working out during your lunch break

10 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp July 31, 2012 at 9:11 am

I am obsessed with those “your ecards” that pop up on pinterest and Facebook! Almost every time I laugh and think “that’s so true!”
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..Quinoa Cakes w/ Spicy Marinara Sauce

11 Danica @ It's Progression July 31, 2012 at 9:15 am

I’ve been eating strawberries and blueberries like it’s my job…all summer so far…they’re so good and since I live in MN our non-summer fresh fruit is pretty much limited to apples, bananas, and oranges, I have to enjoy them now!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Wedding Pictures: The Ceremony

12 Elaine July 31, 2012 at 9:16 am

Haha love the ecard! I have so many food obsessions at the moment, it’s a bit ridiculous. I recently made S’more Cookies that are out.of.this.world good. But not so great for you…. I’m also obsessed with chia seeds. I’ve been adding them to everything-smoothies, oatmeal, salads. They are great and so good for you!
Elaine recently posted..S’more Cookies

13 Anne @ LoveMintChocolateChip July 31, 2012 at 9:16 am

hahahahaha i love it! that describes me perfectly. i am sending it to my boyfriend now he, like jay, will get a kick out of it. i had waffles for breakfast too!! i am on a major some type of healthy carb (waffle/bagel/cereal/toast) kick with AB or PB + bananas + blueberries + chia. I can not get enough!
Anne @ LoveMintChocolateChip recently posted..MIMM {Weekend with My Grandparents and Happy Bday RO!!}

14 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance July 31, 2012 at 9:41 am

I am on a huge summer fruit kick! Can’t eat enough strawberries, cherries and blackberries.
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Have you had a Peppadew?

15 Karleen July 31, 2012 at 9:52 am

I am eating sandwich toast with banana slices on top for the third day in a row as I catch up on your blog:) love the sweet and savory combo especially when the bananas ate super ripe. Yummy!

16 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings July 31, 2012 at 9:53 am

I was reintroduced to muesli recently, and I’ve been loving it! I mix it with a little greek yogurt and fresh fruit!
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..A weekend for my weekend

17 Lindsey July 31, 2012 at 10:02 am

Greek yogurt with almond butter!
Lindsey recently posted..Stay-Cation Road Trip 1

18 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness July 31, 2012 at 10:04 am

I’m on a lentil kick! More and more often I feel like I could be a vegetarian…might have to challenge myself to that at some point!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Summer Health Makeover

19 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 31, 2012 at 10:14 am

That is too funny!!!! When I first got Instagram on my phone, I was totally like that. And I am awful with technology, so I would spend way too long fiddling around with all the special effects.
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Date-Nut Overnight Oats

20 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness July 31, 2012 at 10:23 am

That picture is the best! Totally on a summer fruit and salad kick! Nothing better in the summer!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Iced Oatmeal Raisin Cookie G Free “Z bars” Round two!!!

21 Yellow Haired Girl July 31, 2012 at 10:25 am

Geez, I just love those Ecards. Always good for a giggle!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Monday Lovin’

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 31, 2012 at 10:25 am

I pinned that ecard several weeks ago… I laughed out loud when I saw it too. Too funny! :)

I’m curious what that yoga bootcamp DVD is like! Where’d you find it?
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Beating the Treadmill Boredom Blues

23 Courtney July 31, 2012 at 10:30 am

I got it from Exercise TV when they were still around…sadly, I’m not sure if it’s still available :(

24 Rachel July 31, 2012 at 10:36 am

hahhaha that picture is my life! LOL! Currently I’ve been having smoothies for breakfast– I’m addicted lol
Rachel recently posted..Little Boy

25 Jenn July 31, 2012 at 10:56 am

Loving a similar breakfast to yours lately, a peanut butter and banana sandwich (easy for my on the go eating). Love the message on your plate with the artsy touch ; )
Jenn recently posted..Winning the Gold!

26 Alysha @Shesontherun July 31, 2012 at 11:08 am

I’ve been looking for some yoga deals in my area (at an actual studio). I think I’m going to have to break down and get some videos until that happens. What are your favorites?
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..West Bend Home Canning Kit Giveaway Winner!

27 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 31, 2012 at 11:09 am

lol the mesage is so true. My poor Husband sits there waiting to eat while I take pictures and then it’s cold!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..S’more Pancake Popover Wannabe’s

28 Alycia July 31, 2012 at 11:09 am

Tomorrow is my birthday also! I’m looking forward to making this one of my best years yet!

29 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine July 31, 2012 at 11:27 am

I have been on a green smoothie / breakfast wrap kick lately. It’s something about the salsa in those wraps!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..C25K Week 2 Recap

30 kaylie July 31, 2012 at 11:32 am

That pic is SO funny! My boyfriend was just making fun of me about that last night at dinner. He always has to ask “Wait- can I start eating or do you need to talk a pic of my food first?” ;)

I’ve been obssessed with my breakfast of a half a bagel and Laughing Cow strawberry cream cheese spread- soooo delicious!
kaylie recently posted..The Bottom Line: Let’s Talk Veggies

31 mina July 31, 2012 at 11:37 am

oh my gosh i LOVE your running shoes!!…are they nike free runs??

32 Courtney July 31, 2012 at 11:43 am

Nope! Reebok RealFlex Transitions…and I LOVE them!

33 Shannon July 31, 2012 at 11:43 am

I’ve been having Eggo Homestyle Waffles lately for breakfast, just plain. They taste pretty good. :)

Even if that picture was supposed to make fun, it’s still funny + true, like you said in the post.

Congratulations on your win from yesterday!

34 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie July 31, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I need to add some waffles to my life! Especially now that I finally have some Justin’s PB!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..July Foodie Pen Pal

35 Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony July 31, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I’m on an oatmeal kick in the morning and a Greek yogurt kick in the afternoon!
At least they’re healthy things!
Angela @ Health, Happiness, & Harmony recently posted..Thank You…Yes, You

36 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 31, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Haha, so true. Dinners usually start with “waittttt…” while I run my plate outside to get the best light and take a few pictures. THEN, it’s dinnertime. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..And It Begins.

37 Trisha July 31, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Awesome. We watched “American Reunion” a few weeks ago. There’s a scene where Kevin & Vicky are catching up, making fun of each other & he says something about “at least I don’t take pictures of my food”. My husband has said that to me just about every day since then. He makes fun of me to no end. Years before I ever started a blog, I was obsessed with taking pictures of food & he’s never understood it. Actually, I don’t even understand it but it doesn’t stop me!
I’m on an egg kick right now. I definitely go through phases (yogurt bowls were around for a LONG time) but right now it’s eggs.
Trisha recently posted..The Day That Spinach Almost Killed Me

38 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights July 31, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I’ve eaten so much watermelon and so many cucumbers in the past few weeks–it’s not even funny! I’ll be so sad when watermelon is no longer in season. :(
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Sweat Your Thorns Off Virtual 5K

39 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident July 31, 2012 at 4:36 pm

LOL I totally had to pass that Ecard onto a few of my friends!! So True!!!

40 Kim@hungryhealthygirl July 31, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I get on food kicks with my breakfast too. Lately it’s been cinnamon raisin bread with honey and egg whites. I’ve also been enjoying watermelon in my salads for lunch. Have a fun b-day dinner!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Vacation Weekend in Photos

41 Jessica Kane July 31, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Haha tell Jay I was NOT making fun of you! I just knew you’d totally get a kick out of it, as soon as I saw it I thought of you! :)

42 Bek @ Crave July 31, 2012 at 11:58 pm

I did an awesome body balance class today and just know that tomorrow I’ll be feeling it hardcore ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Spoilt