Things Making Me Happy Today

Right now, I’m most likely hanging out with this crew, along with some other awesome friends…

To celebrate birthdays – Mal’s today, hubby tomorrow. Smile

Of course, since we’re celebrating birthdays, there has to be cake cupcakes, so I offered to take care of that task. Cupcakes make me happy.

One batch of Oreo cupcakes (made with vanilla cake instead of chocolate)…

Which turned out awesome (I had to taste test, duh).

And one batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes.

Both batches, however, with an assortment of holiday-themed liners because, well, that’s all I had.

My new lamp + lamp shade that I found at Target yesterday.

I kept the plastic on to make sure I liked it, but I think it’s definitely a keeper.

This gift card that I received today to Sur la Table

Remember that recipe I submitted for the Hodgson Mill recipe contest? Well, I won first place on the Pinterest “likes,” which means I have all of YOU to thank! This makes me happy…you guys are super awesome. Smile

The fact that I only have three more chapter left in my book…

which means I’ll be on to book three before I know it. Can. Not. Wait.

That Cody will, without fail, climb up into my lap every day while I’m working on the computer and cuddle with me…or just hop up onto my desk and stand right in my view of the computer screen.

Either way, it makes me happy.

I had a halfway decent attempt at making waves with my new flat iron today.

And that photo was taken almost four hours after doing the ‘do, plus humidity. I’m stoked.

This phenomenal shipment of 16oz. containers of Chobani I received today.

Check it out…Vanilla Chocolate Chunk?

Somebody help me…

And the last thing making me happy today? The fact that my decision to tackle this issue with HA by cutting back on the exercise and increasing the calories is paying off. A little over two months later, and my body has finally made the first step towards responding…and this makes me happier than anything else. Smile

Comments

1. Karen Keane says

You are awesome,,,,,,,always make me smile no matter what……..keep it up….
    Enjoy every one of your posts.

I love this post, it’s so nice to focus on the positive! Glad to see that you’re starting to feel better, and I think that was great how you were so honest about your own health issues as I know that’s such an inspiration to others! Also, those cupcakes look INSANE. Seriously Oreos and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are my two favorites, so I would totally eat one of each :)
    Jane {In the Pink and Green} recently posted..What I Love From A to Z

Those cupcakes have me drooling! They look scrumptious. I also wanted to say I think it is a very tough decision to increase calories and decrease exercise. I had to do the same for health reasons as well and it is not an easy thing to accept especially if you love exercise. It will all be worth it though.
    Kim @ Baby Steps to Balance recently posted..A forever student….

4. Leslie Canida says

That’s great, Courtney!! I know you are thrilled :)
    That chobani looks cho-mazing!!! I LOVE chobani!!!

5. Mollie says

your cupcakes are GORGEOUS!! you should be on cupcake wars on the food network :) Also, I am so glad you’re body is responding to the changes you’ve made-so nice to see you have to many great things to be happy about-have a fun time celebrating all the happiness and birthdays tonight!

I am dying to try the Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Chobani!! Let us know just how delicious it is when you try it!!

Of course, it cannot be near as good as those cupcakes staring back at me through the computer screen. My hormones have taken over this week and given the chance I might just eat every one of those cupcakes. YUM!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..July Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

7. Haley says

I’m glad you’re having a great day! I love when I have those days! That chocolate chobani looks delicious and I really want to read that book series! But I can’t start another book until I pass my NASM test this month! I’m nervous! I really hope it goes well! Keep having a good day!

The icing on those oreo cupcakes look unreal!! I have tried the whole curls with my flatiron thing a couple times and I still cant get it. All the youtube tutourials on the web havent helped! Maybe its my 10 year old cheap flatiron and not me!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Black Bean Hummus

That sounds like a perfect day to me. Coincedentally, as I started to type this comment, a Chobani ad that sponsors the Olympics came up on the TV. Weird, right? 😉

I’m waiting for a cupcake business owned by you to open in the Capital Region. I will pay you to bake me cupcakes for my birthday- it’s next July- I am not kidding. They look insanely delicious. I had to scroll through the pictures to prevent my mouth from drooling while watching the women’s gymnastics team final. GO USA- and they won the GOLD MEDAL! 😀

I’m so happy to hear that you’re doing better. Have a great night with your friends, and happy Birthday to Mal & Jay!

10. Alison says

Both of the cupcakes look TO DIE FOR!! And great job with the flat iron waves–I still need to work on doing that…

11. Kelsey Y. says

After reading this post, I just had a smile on my face. It was a long day at work for me, and reading the happenings of your day made me feel good. It also gives me the confidence to think that my days will some time be like that. As a 20-year-old college student, working most of this summer, I have some hope that life will slow down for me to enjoy the little days. By the way, your blog just so happens to be one of my favorite that I follow. =)

Congrats on the recipe contest win!
    And “pass me a batch of those cupcakes and nobody get hurts” – I might have accidently drooled on my keyboard in the office while staring at them :)

Also it is nice to here that not only my cat behaves like that while I am trying to spend some one on one time with my blog 😀

13. Mariska says

I’m very glad to hear your body is responding and that you’re getting better. I know that the feeling of relieve when you find out that you’re body is starting functioning like it should is great and very motivating! I’m proud of you! :)

14. Heather says

I did not comment when you first wrote your post on HA but I am very proud of you and touched that you shared that with us readers! I think you would be surprised how many people that actually affects, myself included! Do you mind me asking what you had to do~ cut back to walking and yoga and increase calories? Did you get your friend back? I am trying to figure it out too and it is hard!! I still have not gotten mine back. DO you mind me asking how much weight you actually had to put back on? I gained weight but did not cut back on the exercise I wondering if that is not the reason why I still have not gotten mine back.

Thank you!Heather

• Courtney says

Yes, I cut back to walking and yoga, increased the calories did just get my friend back(!) for the first time, and have probably put on about 7-8 pounds. Everyone’s body responds differently though, so don’t get discouraged…keep at it! Your body will thank you, I promise!

15. Karleen says

Heehee! This blog post makes me so happy! For one, you’re health is improving and two, the pics of your cupcakes look suuuuper delish!! I want one! Glad You had a great night! Happy bday to the hubby

16. kristen @ livinlifeinlouie says

everyone at work are drooling over the cupcakes! And I read all three books, the third one is the very best! just wait and see!

SO happy to hear your decision to tackle the HA is beginning to pay off!!
    This makes me glad to know I am finally taking the steps in the right direction to recover from mine! Keep it up!
    And those cupcake look amazing! Mine never turn out that nice looking;)
    Lisa recently posted..Wednesday Eats – Mixing It Up

18. Heather Lambirth says

Your cupcakes always look amazing! What do you use to pipe your frosting? I swear whatever I’m doing never looks as good. :)