Things Making Me Happy Today

by Courtney on July 31, 2012

Right now, I’m most likely hanging out with this crew, along with some other awesome friends…

To celebrate birthdays – Mal’s today, hubby tomorrow. Smile

Of course, since we’re celebrating birthdays, there has to be cake cupcakes, so I offered to take care of that task. Cupcakes make me happy.

One batch of Oreo cupcakes (made with vanilla cake instead of chocolate)…

Which turned out awesome (I had to taste test, duh).

And one batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes.

Both batches, however, with an assortment of holiday-themed liners because, well, that’s all I had.

My new lamp + lamp shade that I found at Target yesterday.

I kept the plastic on to make sure I liked it, but I think it’s definitely a keeper.

This gift card that I received today to Sur la Table

Remember that recipe I submitted for the Hodgson Mill recipe contest? Well, I won first place on the Pinterest “likes,” which means I have all of YOU to thank! This makes me happy…you guys are super awesome. Smile

The fact that I only have three more chapter left in my book…

which means I’ll be on to book three before I know it. Can. Not. Wait.

That Cody will, without fail, climb up into my lap every day while I’m working on the computer and cuddle with me…or just hop up onto my desk and stand right in my view of the computer screen.

Either way, it makes me happy.

I had a halfway decent attempt at making waves with my new flat iron today.

And that photo was taken almost four hours after doing the ‘do, plus humidity. I’m stoked.

This phenomenal shipment of 16oz. containers of Chobani I received today.

Check it out…Vanilla Chocolate Chunk?

Somebody help me…

And the last thing making me happy today? The fact that my decision to tackle this issue with HA by cutting back on the exercise and increasing the calories is paying off. A little over two months later, and my body has finally made the first step towards responding…and this makes me happier than anything else. Smile

1 Michelle (Better with Berries) July 31, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing!! And so does the hair :-)

I’ve been dying to try the chocolate chunks Cho – I’ve been looking for it in stores but haven’t seen it. I’ll be buying it as soon as I can!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..We Climb Mountains Part 1: Quandary

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 31, 2012 at 7:07 pm

oh.my.god! I need to get my hands on more chobani! And that vanilla chocolate chunk – PRONTO!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..When Fear Gets in the Way

3 Lauren July 31, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Courtney that’s fantastic! Congrats! Sounds like you have a lot Of great things happening right now!
Lauren recently posted..C25K Week 2 Recap

4 Mary Beth July 31, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Congrats on the progress, that is awesome! Getting healthier is always something to celebrate :)
Mary Beth recently posted..Patience

5 Karen July 31, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I’ve been putting chocolate chips in my vanilla chobani for years!! Delicious!

6 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 31, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Oh my GOSH! Courtney! If you’re “body responding” means what I think it means, I’ve never been so excited about a period!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..My #London2012 Commentary

7 Karen Keane July 31, 2012 at 7:24 pm

You are awesome,,,,,,,always make me smile no matter what……..keep it up….
Enjoy every one of your posts.

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 31, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I got a nice big CHO shipment today as well – I just about had a heart attack. I am sooo in trouble with that chocolate chunk!!! I might have to open it up tonight.

I’m reading book three and to tell you the truth, I’m not going to finish it. I just can’t get into it!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..chicago restaurants i want to try

9 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots July 31, 2012 at 7:26 pm

those cupcakes look amazing!!! Congrats that is definitely something to be happy about!
Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..Ice cream cupcakes

10 Jane {In the Pink and Green} July 31, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I love this post, it’s so nice to focus on the positive! Glad to see that you’re starting to feel better, and I think that was great how you were so honest about your own health issues as I know that’s such an inspiration to others! Also, those cupcakes look INSANE. Seriously Oreos and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are my two favorites, so I would totally eat one of each :)
Jane {In the Pink and Green} recently posted..What I Love From A to Z

11 Kim @ Baby Steps to Balance July 31, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Those cupcakes have me drooling! They look scrumptious. I also wanted to say I think it is a very tough decision to increase calories and decrease exercise. I had to do the same for health reasons as well and it is not an easy thing to accept especially if you love exercise. It will all be worth it though.
Kim @ Baby Steps to Balance recently posted..A forever student….

12 Shelby July 31, 2012 at 7:36 pm

So happy for you Courtney!! That’s amazing news- the Lord is so faithful! By the way, you are a master cupcake-maker!
Shelby recently posted..Chicken and Veggie Stir fry with a “Coconuty” Peanut sauce

13 Miranda @ Biting Life July 31, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Chobani?? That must be a new flavor! My boyfriend is going to go CRAZY when he finds out, haha. He LOVES chocolate yogurt.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..“The Watch” Review & My Date with the Scale

14 Leslie Canida July 31, 2012 at 7:56 pm

That’s great, Courtney!! I know you are thrilled :)
That chobani looks cho-mazing!!! I LOVE chobani!!!

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles July 31, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Holy heavens!!! Vanilla Chocolate Chunk! (did that drop for the sky?!)
….so happy to hear your last piece of ‘things that make you happy’ that is great, Courtney! Truly great!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Exercise During Pregnancy….. It does a body good! {part II}

16 Whitney July 31, 2012 at 8:06 pm

You should get a curling wand for awesome waves! I am obsessed with mine!

17 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! July 31, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I was so sad when I finished the last fifty shades book!!! :)
And those cupcakes, as usual, make me drool!
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Oops-I-Went-To-Alaska

18 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess July 31, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Vanilla chocolate chunk?!! Oh they just took it to a whole other level! I am getting the third book tonight. The ending of the 2nd one is soo so good!
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..MIMM: Smoothie & Fro Yo Love

19 Mollie July 31, 2012 at 8:53 pm

your cupcakes are GORGEOUS!! you should be on cupcake wars on the food network :) Also, I am so glad you’re body is responding to the changes you’ve made-so nice to see you have to many great things to be happy about-have a fun time celebrating all the happiness and birthdays tonight!

20 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction July 31, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I love your hair! I wish I had the patience to grow mine that long.
I may have to attempt those oreo cupcakes – they look delicious :)
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Baby Mason’s Story

21 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 31, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious!!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Date-Nut Overnight Oats

22 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables July 31, 2012 at 9:16 pm

You look beautiful! So glad you are seeing changes!! I’m going to e-mail you here soon!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Scenes from Nashville

23 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 31, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I am dying to try the Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Chobani!! Let us know just how delicious it is when you try it!!

Of course, it cannot be near as good as those cupcakes staring back at me through the computer screen. My hormones have taken over this week and given the chance I might just eat every one of those cupcakes. YUM!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..July Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

24 Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson July 31, 2012 at 10:07 pm

YAY!!! I’m glad you’re getting better!!!
Sabrina @ Work It Ms, Jackson recently posted..How Could I Forget?

25 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 31, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I would absolutely love to get a cupcake with a Halloween liner in the middle of summer – just sayin’. :-)

And that’s great news on the HA issue, I’m so happy for you!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..And It Begins.

26 Haley July 31, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I’m glad you’re having a great day! I love when I have those days! That chocolate chobani looks delicious and I really want to read that book series! But I can’t start another book until I pass my NASM test this month! I’m nervous! I really hope it goes well! Keep having a good day!

27 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family July 31, 2012 at 10:24 pm

The icing on those oreo cupcakes look unreal!! I have tried the whole curls with my flatiron thing a couple times and I still cant get it. All the youtube tutourials on the web havent helped! Maybe its my 10 year old cheap flatiron and not me!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Black Bean Hummus

28 Jessica @ New Girl, New City July 31, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Cody is just like my cat. If I’m outside, he will sit at the door and cry and cry and cry. But one chance and he’s out the door like lightening!
Jessica @ New Girl, New City recently posted..What I’ve Been Eating

29 Danica @ It's Progression July 31, 2012 at 10:39 pm

That last thought–that makes me so happy for you!! Keep up with the changes you’re making girl and be confident knowing that you’re truly taking care of your health!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Wedding Pictures: The Ceremony

30 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat July 31, 2012 at 10:39 pm

So glad you won- I voted!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Chicken Lentil Soup

31 Shannon July 31, 2012 at 11:08 pm

That sounds like a perfect day to me. Coincedentally, as I started to type this comment, a Chobani ad that sponsors the Olympics came up on the TV. Weird, right? ;)

I’m waiting for a cupcake business owned by you to open in the Capital Region. I will pay you to bake me cupcakes for my birthday- it’s next July- I am not kidding. They look insanely delicious. I had to scroll through the pictures to prevent my mouth from drooling while watching the women’s gymnastics team final. GO USA- and they won the GOLD MEDAL! :D

I’m so happy to hear that you’re doing better. Have a great night with your friends, and happy Birthday to Mal & Jay!

32 Alison July 31, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Both of the cupcakes look TO DIE FOR!! And great job with the flat iron waves–I still need to work on doing that…

33 Stephanie @My Freckled Life July 31, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Vanilla Chocolate Chunk??? Oh goodness… sounds AMAZING!
Stephanie @My Freckled Life recently posted..He’s a keeper

34 Khushboo Thadani August 1, 2012 at 12:36 am

Ah I’m so “bloody” happy for you…hahaha sorry sorry so inappropriate but I couldn’t help myself :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..The ultimate BOGOF

35 Kelsey Y. August 1, 2012 at 12:42 am

After reading this post, I just had a smile on my face. It was a long day at work for me, and reading the happenings of your day made me feel good. It also gives me the confidence to think that my days will some time be like that. As a 20-year-old college student, working most of this summer, I have some hope that life will slow down for me to enjoy the little days. By the way, your blog just so happens to be one of my favorite that I follow. =)

36 Candice August 1, 2012 at 1:04 am

I can’t wait to get my hands on some of the that chocolate chunk goodness. YUM!
Candice recently posted..7 years

37 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 1, 2012 at 1:22 am

So glad to hear your body is starting to behave itself, well done! Also those cupcakes look incredible!!! I’ve to go with the PB one!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Thinking out side the box

38 Ksenija August 1, 2012 at 2:20 am

Congrats on the recipe contest win!
And “pass me a batch of those cupcakes and nobody get hurts” – I might have accidently drooled on my keyboard in the office while staring at them :)

Also it is nice to here that not only my cat behaves like that while I am trying to spend some one on one time with my blog :D

39 Mariska August 1, 2012 at 2:39 am

I’m very glad to hear your body is responding and that you’re getting better. I know that the feeling of relieve when you find out that you’re body is starting functioning like it should is great and very motivating! I’m proud of you! :)

40 Jeanine August 1, 2012 at 7:07 am

I love this post!!! Your cupcakes look amazing!!!
Your blog is awesome girl!

41 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 1, 2012 at 7:50 am

Oh my goodness! Those cupcakes look heavenly! :) So happy for you that your body is responding well!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Our Wedding Bands!…

42 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 1, 2012 at 8:04 am

I’m in love with your cupcakes!!! I can’t wait to find that chocolate chobani! It sounds amazing! So happy to hear you’re feeling well :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I ate Wednesday

43 Heather August 1, 2012 at 8:07 am

I did not comment when you first wrote your post on HA but I am very proud of you and touched that you shared that with us readers! I think you would be surprised how many people that actually affects, myself included! Do you mind me asking what you had to do~ cut back to walking and yoga and increase calories? Did you get your friend back? I am trying to figure it out too and it is hard!! I still have not gotten mine back. DO you mind me asking how much weight you actually had to put back on? I gained weight but did not cut back on the exercise I wondering if that is not the reason why I still have not gotten mine back.

Thank you!Heather

44 Courtney August 1, 2012 at 9:13 am

Yes, I cut back to walking and yoga, increased the calories did just get my friend back(!) for the first time, and have probably put on about 7-8 pounds. Everyone’s body responds differently though, so don’t get discouraged…keep at it! Your body will thank you, I promise!

45 Britt August 2, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Yay you got your friend back!!! That is truly great news :)

46 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 1, 2012 at 8:40 am

Those cupcakes… I want some. :-)

Your hair looks great!

47 Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian August 1, 2012 at 9:11 am

Those cupcakes look amazeballz!!!!!

Those are some wonderful things to be happy about :)
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #18: Busy Bee {What I Ate Wednesday}

48 Karleen August 1, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Heehee! This blog post makes me so happy! For one, you’re health is improving and two, the pics of your cupcakes look suuuuper delish!! I want one! Glad You had a great night! Happy bday to the hubby

49 Jolynn August 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm

YUM to cupcakes, CHO and congrats on the progress with your HA!
Jolynn recently posted..Peaches N Cream Protein Shake

50 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie August 1, 2012 at 12:54 pm

everyone at work are drooling over the cupcakes! And I read all three books, the third one is the very best! just wait and see!

51 Lisa August 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm

SO happy to hear your decision to tackle the HA is beginning to pay off!!
This makes me glad to know I am finally taking the steps in the right direction to recover from mine! Keep it up!
And those cupcake look amazing! Mine never turn out that nice looking;)
Lisa recently posted..Wednesday Eats – Mixing It Up

52 Heather Lambirth August 1, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Your cupcakes always look amazing! What do you use to pipe your frosting? I swear whatever I’m doing never looks as good. :)

53 Courtney August 1, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I like to mix it up between a large star tip (the pb cup ones) and a large round tip (the Oreo ones) :)