Butter Fingers

by Courtney on August 2, 2012

Oh my gosh…after being gone most of the day yesterday, I feel so behind on life!

someecards.com - I'm too busy to tell people how busy I am

(you can always count on a someecard to express how you feel, can’t ya?)

Honestly, I’m a pretty busy gal, but I’m not that important busy to the point where I feel like a total slacker after leaving my routine for a day. For some reason though, I now feel like I’m going to be playing catch up for days.

Aaaaand my living room and kitchen are still in shambles which is driving me totally bananas.

Yikes. I am going to have my work cut out for me today.

But before I can tackle any of that, I have a couple client training sessions this morning at the gym, so I put together a small, quick breakfast before heading out.

Can’t beat a yogurt bowl with fresh berries when you’re pressed for time now, am I right?

Did you guys see? I’m so bummed that my favorite Mexico bowl already has a chip in it…and the blame for that one can be pointed right back at Yours Truly.

If I could only keep my hands on the darn dishes when I’m washing them…stinkin’ butter fingers.

*****

Need some workout inspiration today? Try this…

Choose a number, 1-4. Then take that number and use it to complete this killer circuit workout. You’ll be feelin’ the burn for suuuuure. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

What is your biggest workout motivator? Any tips you’ve found helpful that keep you motivated to keep movin’?

1 Doris @ vanillacocoberry August 2, 2012 at 7:24 am

so I must be glad that we dont even get butterfingers over here in Austria, right? prevents my precious china (haha..not really) from breaking :)
that fruit-yoghurt bowl looks really good.. I am doing a little bit of a cleanse/detox right now and cant wait to reintroduce dairy :) i love my greeek yoghurt, what can I say. the 2 % though, it just tastes SO MUCH better than 0%
Doris @ vanillacocoberry recently posted..Detox Day 2

2 Kim@hungryhealthygirl August 2, 2012 at 7:27 am

To stay motivated, I just try to keep in mind how great I feel when I’m working out and eating right. I know that if I slack off, I will feel guilty and it’s just not worth it. Have a great day!
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things at Trader Joe’s

3 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers August 2, 2012 at 7:37 am

What pretty berries! My biggest workout motivator is habit. It feels weird when I don’t work out.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Happy Birthday Kevin!

4 Linz @ Itz Linz August 2, 2012 at 7:54 am

Biggest workout motivator is reminding myself how good I feel afterwards!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Monkey Mat

5 Khushboo August 2, 2012 at 8:01 am

Biggest workout motivator for mr is progress: seeing my hard work pay off spurs me to continue putting in the effort!
Khushboo recently posted..My new favorite app…

6 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third August 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

Ugh I feel for ya… when my apartment gets like that I can’t function and I go a little crazy. :/ Anyway, I’m motivated to workout when I remember how I feel afterwards…. there is nothing like getting a great sweaty workout in!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Cruise Recap: Cannes, France

7 Cait @ Beyond Bananas August 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

I see you’ve got your work cut out for you! When we first moved in, we made one big trip to the NH Ikea (but that is 45 min for us.. not quite the trek you had)… and our living room looked like that for quite a while. I get very focused when putting together furniture though.. and it eventually came along!

Good Luck!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Awesome August & Technology Free

8 Melissa @ runscootsrun August 2, 2012 at 8:35 am

Bummer about the bowl! I’ve broken about 5 glasses so far, lol. You’ll get everything done that you need to…just focus on one thing at a time. It helps me if I set mini-goals for things that I need to get done, rather than think of everything all at once that needs to be done…because that can get overwhelming.
Melissa @ runscootsrun recently posted..Don’t Mind My Food Baby

9 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance August 2, 2012 at 8:40 am

I always just remind myself that I never regret a workout and I’ll feel better after even if I only do a little bit. Last night I was NOT feeling it and I decided to just run a mile – better than nothing and I was glad I did!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Sun-Dried Tomato White Bean Dip

10 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 2, 2012 at 8:57 am

Biggest motivator: Guilt! I beat myself up if I skip a workout out of laziness.
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Giving Up Soda

11 Tara August 2, 2012 at 9:04 am

I always remind myed of how good I will feel after the workout and the fact that I won’t regret it afterwards. I usually have enough endorphins to get me really motivateD fOr the rest of my to do list!!

12 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 2, 2012 at 9:17 am

I always drop dishes when I’m washing them too :( But that chip just adds some charm!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Kitchen Full of Groceries and Two Recipes

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 2, 2012 at 9:22 am

I get like that too when I have a day or two that are outside of my normal routine. I think I’ll owe that to my Type A personality. ;) I’m sure once you get your living room back to normal you’ll feel a lot better too! Clutter and unfinished projects always stress me out.

Have a good day! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..08/02: Thursday Thoughts

14 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 2, 2012 at 9:45 am

What a bummer about the chip in your bowl :( – I am so stinking clumsy so I feel your pain!
I stay motivated by recognizing that I’m a much better person when I’m working out- I’m just happier and MUCH more productive. Have a wonderful day- you’ll have a clean AMAZING house before you know it!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Intimidated by 4th Grade?

15 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

My best motivator is to think about how I feel AFTER a workout. It’s always awesome, and a great kick in the pants to get going.
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Homemade Beef Jerky

16 Rachel August 2, 2012 at 10:33 am

This may sound weird but my biggest motivator before a workout is what I’m going to eat after hahahaha always thinking about food :p
Rachel recently posted..Teen Nick

17 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings August 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

The Olympics have been a huge motivator for me! But when they’re not on, just thinking about how good I’ll feel after a workout really helps me push as hard as I can.
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..Surprise trip home

18 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 2, 2012 at 11:21 am

I hate when you fall behind on regular stuff! it makes me crazy! Love the berries and yogurt, thats what I had for breakfast too!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Italian Grilled Shrimp Kabob’s

19 Michelle (Better with Berries) August 2, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I’m about to move so I feel ya on being driven crazy by stuff all over the place! And I’m saving that workout for tomorrow morning! I just did your stability ball workout yesterday (it’s one of my favorites) and I can definitely feel it today.
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..WIAW: Climbing Grays and Torreys Peaks

20 Alysha @Shesontherun August 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I broke my favorite coffee cup the same way – it was a square, snowflake patterned mug from Starbucks. I’m still mad about it and it happened 5 years ago!
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..SodaStream Review

21 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights August 2, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Thinking about how terrible I used to feel before I worked out regularly is usually pretty good motivation. Thinking back on how unhappy I used to be and knowing I never want to end up like that again usually helps get my butt in gear!
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Worth the Hurt 52.4 Ultramarathon – San Francisco California

22 Sam August 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

My bowls have stupid chips in it too!! I love them but it may be time to get a new set soon :/ lame
My biggest workout motivator is definitely the blogs I read. Especially ones that post great workouts, like yours!!! It makes me want to challenge myself to get them done! I also need to remember how much better I feel after a workout, that should be my number one motivator
Sam recently posted..Chike Winner Announced!

23 Lisa August 2, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I am such a butterfingers when I unload dishes! In fact, I broke so many when I lived with my parents that they wouldn’t even let me unload the dishwasher anymore haha. Fine by me;)
Hope you catch up on all your work! And have a less stressful day
Lisa recently posted..July Favourites

24 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 2, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I go to the gym right when I wake up, so usually I’ve already started my workout before I wake up enough to realize how unmotivated I am. :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Sushi No.

25 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident August 2, 2012 at 5:09 pm

That’s a very pretty bowl though!!
Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident recently posted..End of one Chapter

26 Bek @ Crave August 3, 2012 at 8:31 am

My biggest workout motivator is the fact that I do the group fitness classes- I feel compelled to go because they are on :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Psychologist & Dietitian Review