Family Dinner Time

I’m so lucky (and thankful) that my family doesn’t mind eating from TV trays in the living room when they come and visit us for dinner.

We had a full house living room last night, thanks to the company of mom, dad, Little Bro, and Meegs (aka, my ice cream buddy) and enjoyed a nice, simple dinner of grilled burgers and hot dogs, French fries, and corn on the cob. Definitely a true summer meal that I can remember from growing up. Smile

I opted for a cheeseburger topped with provolone, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, and some sautéed peppers and onions (from the garden!), along with some fries and corn.

It may not have been quite as good as last weekend’s burger, but it was goooood.

I hadn’t prepared anything for dessert (GASP!) but Meg pulled through for me and brought over an amazing “Fruit of the Forest” pie from Grandma’s.

It was filled with a bunch of fruits (I think I saw blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and apples) and it blew my mind. So, so good!

While the fam was over, we spent the evening watching some of the Olympics and chatting about our upcoming weekend trip to Wildwood. I’m so looking forward to going back again (and not having to ride a ferry to get there) and hitting up my favorite ice cream place EVER. Wheeeee!

This morning was a pancake kinda morning.

I prepped and cooked up a batch of Kodiak Cakes and topped them with some peanut butter, banana slices, and maple syrup.

I also threw a few banana slices right into the ‘cakes for good measure.

Definitely a delicious way to start the day!

Once this all settles, I’m planning on hitting up the treadmill for some read and walk intervals while finishing up the last two chapters of my Fifty Shades. (Mom brought over book three last night, so I’m all set!) After that, I mayyyyy just have to head out to check out a fun new store that opened today. Remember how excited I was back in December? Well…it’s finally here! Squeeeeel!

Oh, Trader Joe’s, how I love thee!!!! You should definitely hit it up but I hope it won’t be too busy today. When the one in Fort Worth opened a couple months ago, it was so busy that they had cops directing traffic in and out of the parking lot. Of course, I was still there and didn’t mind standing in a 30 minute line to check out one bit, lol!! Thankfully it has calmed down a lot since then.
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..A Feel Good kind of Day

2. Jen N. says

I really want to go to the TJ’s opening today, but the lack of parking has me worried for getting in there. I will make it there soon though! :)

I wish I had pancakes made for me at my house. You’re so lucky! I haven’t had pancakes in the longest time.

I absolutely LOVE Grandma’s- the last time I was there was on my birthday when I went out to lunch with a good friend. Their chocolate cream pie is my favorite! 😀

If you stayed up late enough to watch the women’s gymnastics all around individual final results, what did you think? I’m so happy Gabby won! She deserves it.

This post makes me sad–I’ve yet to have sweet corn this summer, I’ve never even heard of Grandma’s, and I’ve never been to Trader Joe’s. :(

I do thoroughly enjoy that you’re eating off of TV trays, though! JP and I never eat at the table, and neither does my side of the family (any more). JP’s family is all about table-time dinners, and when they come to visit it always feels so awkward to eat at our table.
    Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..#FitStreak Friday: Week 3 Recap

5. Alana says

When are you going to Wildwood? I was just there and my parents are going in a few weeks :) Have you been to Samuel’s Pancake House on Surf Ave.? It’s a MUST!!!!!!!!!!!

• Courtney says

In a few weeks! I’ve never been there, but I’ll definitely have to keep that in mind…thanks for the heads up! I LOVE me some pancakes! :)

6. Nicole F. says

I just got back from our family’s annual trip to Wildwood and may have enjoyed a SeaShell sundae last night ; ) We had beautiful weather! I hope your family has the same!

7. Colleen G says

Wow those pancakes look even better than the ones you posted with the cream and fruit on top. I’m a peanut butter freak, so what a great idea to add some protein for balance. (I can’t find Kodiak Cakes by me!!)