This or That? Health and Fitness Style

by Courtney on August 4, 2012

Hey everyone! Happy weekend to you! This weekend is actually a pretty busy one for me…bright and early this morning, I was up and at ‘em in order to get myself ready for a fun weekend away in Burlington, VT!

This weekend is my friend Kathryn’s bachelorette party, and we’ll all be celebrating out on the beach today, followed by a fun evening out in the Burlington area. Needless to say, it’s gonna be a blast!

Before leaving the house, I made myself a quick breakfast to hold me over for the ride ahead…

We had one egg left in the house, so I scrambled that up with about 1/3 cup egg whites and topped it with some ketchup.

I also had a delicious banana cinnamon chip muffin, which I actually made yesterday afternoon.

To make ‘em, I simply used my regular banana muffin recipe (but without any healthified substitutions) and added in about 1 cup of cinnamon chips. Deeeeeelish.

*****

So I thought today would be a great opportunity for some survey fun…

Thanks to Paige, then Ashley, then Khushboo, I found myself another little survey to play with (you guys know I love me some surveys). This one seemed too good to pass up on…especially since we’re talkin’ shop now, so here we go!

This or That? – Health & Fitness Style!

1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?

Well, considering most of my workouts take place indoors, I’d have to say that this question really doesn’t affect my workouts all that much. BUT, if I had to choose, I guess I’d say I’d take the heat…working out with numb fingers and toes is NOT fun.

2. Have washboard abs or flat abs?

Currently, I’m working towards neither. But if I was, I’m going to cheat and say I’d want a mix of both. I don’t really think I have the body type that was blessed with having a tightly toned tummy, but a little definition is always welcomed.

I do love me some washboard abs on Ryan Reynolds though… Winking smile

source

3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors?

The Doctors. I swear, anytime I turn that show on, they’re always talking about a topic where I’m like, “Oh my gosh, I neeeed to know about this!”

4. Cardio or strength?

Always love strength training…there’s so many different options out there! My current favorite is yoga – it does a whole lot more than people realize.

5. Cravings: Protein or carbs?

I have been a carb queen all my life. I love them both, but I almost always reach for the carbs first.

6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?

As a person or as a trainer? I’ll have to assume trainer, and since I’ve only been “trained” by Jillian by way of DVD’s in my living room, I’ll have to choose her. She can be pretty intense, but I don’t mind it…I yell right back at her. Winking smile

source

7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?

Whaaaat?!? This is like asking a mom to try and choose her favorite child! (although, it’s okay mom…we know who your favorite is Winking smile)

For me, it totally depends on the day…or how much money I want to spend.

‘Cuz this gal’s fro yo cups are not cheap.

8. To train: Upper body or Lower body?

Upper body. I love, love, love a toned upper body, especially shoulders. A couple of my favorite upper body circuit workouts: 7 Moves for Shredded Shoulders and Upper Body Superset Workout

9. Protein powder or food with protein?

Overall, I’m mostly a fan of food with protein. Nut butter, beans, and tuna fish would have to be some of my favorites. I do enjoy a good smoothie now and then with protein powder, but rarely will I just drink a plain ‘ol protein shake.

10. Lunges or squats?

Squats. Actually, no, lunges. Errr…how ‘bout squats AND lunges?

11. Sweet or salty?

I think we all know the answer to this one…

12. Workout attire: cute or comfy?

I feel like I’m really stinkin’ it up with this survey. I vote cute AND comfy! It’s totally possible.

Maybe just don’t layer the way I do. Winking smile

13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting?

Love me some Body Pump! I miss it so, so much.

14. Yoga or Pilates?

Yoga, baby!

I’ve been loving it lately. So many great options and varieties out there!

15. Nike or Adidas?

Neither…I pick Reebok! I’ve been loving their workout gear lately, especially the new RealFlex Fusion TR sneakers.

I already loved the RealFlex Transitions, but these have quickly become my new favorite sneaker.

16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors?

I’m a treadmiller…probably one of the few out there on the planet. But hey, if you’ve got a fun treadmill routine, then you’re good to go, right? Winking smile

17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s?

Trader Joe’s!! Now that it’s in town, I’m a little scared for my wallet.

18. Summer or Winter Olympics?

Summer. I’ve been loving watching the gymnastics lately…which has also been the culprit of a later-than-usual bedtime on more than one occasion. Oops.

20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies?

Roasted, no doubt about it!

Now let’s hear some of your answers!

Feel free to share any that stand out for you Smile

1 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 4, 2012 at 10:22 am

I did a shortened version of this yesterday. Love your answers!! Have a fun weekend….it sounds like you definitely will!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Would you rather?

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 4, 2012 at 10:30 am

Definitely prefer BodyPump to “heavy” lifting, TJs to Whole Foods, & SWEET to salty!

Enjoy your weekend in VT!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Two New Dinner Ideas

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third August 4, 2012 at 10:47 am

Carb queen all the way! :) Have fun at the bachelorette party!!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Family time and Limoncello!

4 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 4, 2012 at 10:48 am

I love that you put ketchup on your eggs! I did that growing up . . . and also on mac and cheese. People thought it was soooo weird!

FroYo over ice cream, TJ’s over WF, and sweet over salty! :)
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kabobs

5 Erin @ The Grass Skirt August 4, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m completely with you on Summer Olympics and roasted veggies. I prefer Dr. Oz and Bob Harper though. ;)
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Weekly round-up (8/4)

6 Jennifer August 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

1. Workout in heat or cold? — heat, although I workout indoors too. I hate running in snow and having to bundle up with a million layers!
2. Washboard or flat abs? — I’m with you….a little definition would be nice…maybe some day!!
3. Dr Oz or The Doctors? — I don’t watch either very often, but I do like The Doctors better. It always amazes me how many patients come in to me freaked out about this, that, and the other after watching Dr Oz! I’m not saying he’s not good, it’s just that I think he gets patients too worried! ‘Nuff said :)
4. Cardio or strength training? — Cardio!
5. Protein or carbs? — Carbs! I could never do Atkins diet!
6. Jillian or Bob as a trainer? — Jillian! Love her DVDs. Recently, a trainer named Courtney is kickin’ my butt into shape! :) Definitely recommend her online personal training program.
7. Fro yo or ice cream? –Both! I do like all those fro yo toppings though!
8. Upper or lower body training? — Upper. Definitely. I am trying to incorporate more lower body lately though.
9. Protein supplements or food with protein? –food. I want the real stuff.
10. Squats or lunges? — Neither, haha! But if have to do them, then I like squats better! Courtney is giving me lots of both on my personal workout plan!
11. Sweet or salty? — sweet! without a doubt.
12. Cute or comfy workout clothes? — both!
13. Body pump or heavy lifting? — Never tried body pump but would like to! heard it’s awesome.
14. Yoga or pilates? — yoga, although I don’t do much of it.
15. Nike or Adidas? Nike, but I recently found Zella brand from Nordstrom. Quality and fit is great!
16. Running on Treadmill or outdoors? — treadmill.
17. Whole Foods or Trader joes? Whole foods but we don’t have one in my city :(. We do have The Fresh Market, which is similar.
18. Summer or Winter Olympics? — Summer! Love gymnastics, tennis, swimming, and diving!
19. Roasted or steamed veggies? — Roasted! So much flavor!

sounds like you will have a fun weekend!

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 4, 2012 at 11:00 am

I’m definitely a yoga, strength and treadmill running lady! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Enjoy Life

8 robfiasco August 4, 2012 at 11:01 am

those shoes look pretty awesome! and I definitely need to try more yoga. i bought a mat in January that has been used a total of 0 times. :(

9 Khushboo August 4, 2012 at 11:26 am

Thanks for the shout out :)! The expression ‘GReat minds think alike’ comes to mind…I was gonna put that exact same pic up of Ryan Reynolds…thats my eye candy fix for the day taken care of!
Khushboo recently posted..Choices

10 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 4, 2012 at 11:29 am

Love your answers!! These little quizzes are so nice because you really get to know a person a little better! I am such a carb queen too!! I love me some bread and fat of choice peanut butter! Bread and PB go so well together!!!

Oh and thanks for the Ryna Reynolds pic, that just made my Saturday! I have to pin it! :)

Have fun at your bachelorette party!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..California Chicken Sandiwch

11 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 4, 2012 at 11:29 am

Opps, I go to excited to see Ryan I spelled his name wrong! lol

12 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 4, 2012 at 11:41 am

I love these!! I have planned to do this survey next week! I am a pilates girl.. I have no balance for yoga lol! I have been trying to do it more. I would love to know what some of the videos are that you do!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..It is HERE!

13 Elaine August 4, 2012 at 11:52 am

I love Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. They are great if you are crunched for time and can’t make it to the gym (especially the 30 day shred DVD). And I’m with you on the carbs…eating oatmeal as I type this :)
Elaine recently posted..Dessert Overnight Oats

14 Jennifer August 4, 2012 at 12:04 pm

You are not the only treadmill lover on the planet! I love the treadmill too! That’s what I do all my training on!
Jennifer recently posted..August Already??

15 Linz @ Itz Linz August 4, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Oh my gosh this is the hardest survey ever!!! I don’t think I could choose any… Many of the choices are both things I LOVE!!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..THAT Family (who jumps!)

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 4, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I agree with a lot of yours … summer olympics, roasted veggies, and most definitely carbs! ;) Sadly, we don’t have a Trader Joe’s near us. But I really love Fresh Market!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..European Vacation, Part Tres (Tuscany and Rome)

17 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 4, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Roasted veggies, treadmills and I also love squats and lunges!!! I’m definitely a carb queen too. Oh my those muffins look damn good! Have a great weekend!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..My own mini’s

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 4, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Loved this survey! So fun on a weekend.
I filled it out myself last Sunday. :-)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I’m Chewy All the Way.

19 Tina @ Best Body Fitness August 4, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I won’t answer here because I am soooo stealing this for a post later this week! :)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Scenes from the Week

20 Carol @ Lucky Zucca August 4, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I have the biggest desire to go to VT!! Can’t wait to see your recap. It is just so far away from Georgia, I don’t know that I’ll ever make it but I hear the scenery up there is just incredible. This was a fun survey!! I’m definitely an outdoor runner and prefer cooler workouts, though our “cold” down here is nothing like the cold you get up there, so if we’re talking between real freezing temps and upper 90s, I’d pick the latter. :D Have fun this weekend!!
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Vegetable & Goat Cheese Baked Pasta

21 Jenn @ Be YOU at Be Me August 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm

These are so much fun to answer. My favorite is real ice cream and I have NO trouble eating it regularly! It’s going to be so fun for you to celebrate tonight! have a blast.
Jenn @ Be YOU at Be Me recently posted..Running for Recovery!

22 kristina August 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm

So I also am a huge Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper fan, but I would definitely pick Bob as a trainer. I have all his DVDs and they are amazing! I also got the opportunity to take a spin class recently from him at a gym he teaches at in Los Angeles. He’s so awesome!

23 Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident August 4, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Love the survey, fun questions!!
Lydia @HappyHealthyConfident recently posted..The Blender Bottle

24 Shannon August 4, 2012 at 5:27 pm

5. Carbs
7. Ice Cream
11. Sweet
12. Comfy
15. Adidas
18. Summer Olympic Games- I like more sports in the summer; the Winter doesn’t get enough attention unfortunately, and I like those games too.
19. Steamed veggies

25 @pluvk August 5, 2012 at 1:04 am

You’ve got a treadmill chooser here, too! I always feel awkward when I run in the outdoors. Plus, I like to have a tv playing in front of me to beat the boredom. :-)

26 Bek @ Crave August 5, 2012 at 4:16 am

I’ve never seen cinnamon chips before! And good on you girl for not substituting with those muffins ;) Hmm, I’d definitely choose running in the cold because you’d warm up atleast- just starting would be terribly tough. Ice-cream over froyo anyday woman! Yay for Bodypump! Although I would like to get into heavy lifting..one of these days. I lift heavy in body pump anyways ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Brisbane Running Festival Results!

27 Caitlyn August 5, 2012 at 8:00 am

cardio vs. strength? Id choose strength, i love feeling strong and powerful and watching my muscle grow. You said yoga does a lot for you. What type of yoga do you do? There are so many different types and I really want to gain strength from my yoga, but so far all I feel like im doing is a really good stretch. Just like you, I love strengthening my upper body and really want a good yoga practice that can do that :)
great survey, love learning new things about you!

28 Ali @ Around the VeggieTable August 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I’m a treadmiller too :)
Ali @ Around the VeggieTable recently posted..Five for Friday

29 Ann Fantom August 9, 2012 at 6:03 am

I love the abs of Ryan Renolds. I used fitness videos for my workout everyday. I don’t want to visit gym.
Ann Fantom recently posted..Gain a Bigger and Harder Erection Naturally

30 EVL Sports May 29, 2014 at 10:20 am

Dietary supplements offer all of the benefits that natural sources do, though in a different, more quick absorbing form. Athletes and people with a lack of protein in their diets can use them to recover much quicker, build muscle and as a quick source when they need to consume more.

31 online pre workout supplement May 30, 2014 at 12:19 am

Multiple-vitamin supplements provide all the basic micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) your body needs. These multiple-vitamins are generally safe because they contain only small amounts of the each nutrient.
online pre workout supplement recently posted..Special Deals