It Was A Mad House

A MAD. HOUSE. up in there…

But I did manage to get myself front row parking. Winking smile

As soon as I walked in to Trader Joe’s this afternoon, I realized that it was going to be a quick trip. Sometimes I can handle a crowd while shopping, but other times (especially when I’m really just there to browse) I’m about ready to run over anyone and everyone that comes in my way with my cart.

Today was the latter.

After about 20 minutes, I was able to get through just about all of the aisles but probably only saw about 50% of what was in each aisle since they were packed. I managed to snag a few items along the way…

• romaine lettuce
  • spinach
  • bananas
  • cocoa powder (almost out, can’t have that!)
  • brownie mix (I’ve had it before and I LOVE it)
  • Tandoori Naan (excited about this one)
  • kettle chips (for the hubby’s lunches)
  • peanut butter filled pretzels (‘nuff said)
  • marinara sauce (not pictured, bought last minute while waiting in line)
  • and last but not least…

Cat cookies. I have a past with cat cookies…and what it basically boils down to is the fact that I should not buy them. Because I can’t control myself around them.

But I did.

And then I snacked on a bazillion of them in the car during my 15 minute drive to Price Chopper to finish up my grocery shopping. Ooops.

*****

Dinner tonight was a simple one, since Jay has a softball game and I’m headed out shortly to go cheer him on.

We have lots of fresh veggies in the house, so I put some of them to use to make a big salad of romaine, cucumbers, garden tomato (almost a whole one), shredded carrots, corn off the cob, red onions, and feta cheese. I drizzled everything with about a few teaspoons of olive oil and some spices. YUM.

I knew I’d need something else, and I also didn’t do a very good job of getting in many fats earlier in the day, so I toasted up half of an English muffin and topped it with lots of peanut butter and raspberry jam.

I’m headed out the door shortly, but before I go, I thought I’d leave you with this great someecard I found on Facebook today.

I figured at least a few of you out there would appreciate it. Winking smile

Comments

1. Leslie says

Haha I love the card! I think we were on the same wavelength today!! :) Im glad there was a trader joes that opened close to you!! I wish they had one near me! Also, I added your 7 moves for shredded shoulders to my workout this morning! I loved it.. Can’t wait to do it again! Thanks for sharing!!

2. Lauren B. says

Have you tried their vanilla wafers? They are the best “Nilla wafers” ever and I just finished off a container of them yesterday. They are my weakness.

Trader JOe’s near me is usually always so crazy crowded!! You’ve got to go right when it opens ;) Something I can never buy are Stacy’s Pita Chips in cinnamon sugar. The bag is gone in a snap.
    Jenny recently posted..Beach Time

hahaha Trader Joe’s is no joke! I rarely get out of there for less than $50. I just recently bought Cat Cookies for the first time and I had to hide them from myself! I do the same thing- I always buy myself 1 thing there to eat on the car ride home. (Luckily TJ’s is 2 miles away.) For me, it’s usually something salty like veggy sticks or the popcorn puffs! :-)
    Katy recently posted..Farm Share #7

5. Alison says

Would indeed be a great time for fro-yo! So are those cat cookies just like animal crackers? I’ve had TJ’s gingerbread cookies before and they were so addicting….so I share your struggle.

I went the first day our Trader Joe’s opened and it was CR-AZY!! I stood in line for 30 minutes to check out and I barely managed to get a look at what they had. Fortunately, it has slowed down quite a bit!

Trader Joe’s chocolate covered edamame is my downfall. I don’t know what it is about those little things but handful and after handful tends to end up in my mouth!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..The Painting Begins + Pancake Muffin Bites

haha i’ve been the same way with TJ’s CAt’s Cookies! They’re very addicting. My friend introduced me to them when we were roommates, and she’d buy a whole tub just for me–she didn’t even eat them! It was a dangerous situation.
    Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..get Practical Paleo

8. Cindy says

You should try grocery shopping at TJ’s in Manhattan–it’s literally a mad house everyday! Actually, in ever grocery store for that matter!

9. Kelli-Ann says

I am so excited to go to the new Trader Joe’s, as I have never been to one before! After seeing your pictures, I will wait till I venture over to Wolf Road. I was already told by multiple friends that I must try the Cat cookies. : )

Kudos to you for hitting up TJ! I so want to check it out, but I hate battling people in the grocery store… it makes me want to run over people with my cart!! I’ve been having a craving for TCBY for almost a week now…. i must get myself there!!
    Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..Manic Monday?

11. Jill says

I’ve never been to Trader Joe’s, so I’m excited to check out the new Capital Region location (ummm… in a few weeks, when it calms down a bit – though I’m sure not enough to not want to run people over with my cart). Question… as a Trader Joe’s newbie – can you suggest a few items that I must try??? I feel like I’m going to be completely overwhelmed & want to try a few items at a time so I don’t completely blow out my bank account! Haha. Suggestions would be appreciated :)

12. Nicole says

I forgot that the TJs opened in Alb – its about time that they opened a store in the area! My mom will be so excited, she always stocks up when she comes to visit us!

The naan is one of my fave TJ products – they have a bunch of flavors by the breads, and they are so versatile! I always have a few bags of it on hand. Also, their pizza dough and peach salsa are really great. But whatever you do, do NOT buy the cookie butter. The stuff is seriously SO good, I blow through a container in a matter of a week or two!

Not going to lie, I would totally send you money to send me some of those cat cookies!! :) We don’t have a TJ’s by us :( …but I keep seeing those cookies around the blog land, and they seem right up my alley!
    Holly recently posted..The REAL Stuff.

Wow! Your Trader Joe’s looks SO much bigger than the one closest to me! I love TJ’s, but I also like to browse EVERYTHING & because my store is so cramped it always feels like people are breathing down my neck for me to get out of the way!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..One Year

15. Barbara says

Love Trader Joes. Hate crowds. I typically avoid going there on weekends and find it a more enjoyable shopping experience…. I love to browse products there, read the nutritional info and so on. I’m sure the newness of the new location will wear off in time.

I’ll have to try (or maybe I shouldn’t….) those vanilla cat cookies. I love the chocolate ones but limit myself to one serving and I dip them in peanut butter for a little protein. Yum.

16. Christina says

The Naan is SO GOOD. You’ll love it. I still have to try the Cat cookies – honestly, I’m a little afraid to ;)

I think the someecard you posted is great! I totally had Frozen Yogurt on my Monday too! :) Peppermint was amazing..then I exercised last night and ran this morning..LOL :)

18. Krista says

I love cat cookies..I can’t control myself either. I usually get the chocolate. I made funfetti dip (with yogurt) from the website skinny taste and we dipped the cat cookies in instead of animal crackers..ammazinng!

Both the Mac – OS and Windows offer a means of making screenshots
    built right into their software. Ab India Todega is the desi avatar of already famous international show from Miditech Pvt Ltd.
    They are also great for making instructional documents and
    ‘how to’ guides with visual aids to help reinforce learning.
    how to screenshot recently posted..how to screenshot

Trackbacks