Lots of Variety

by Courtney on August 6, 2012

Mornin’ friends! Did everyone have a fantastic weekend? I know I sure did…lots of fun with friends, yummy treats, and finished it all up with a nice, relaxing evening at home with the hubs, the fur ball, and a great dinner. Here’s what will fill ya in on the first part of my weekend…

Now for the latter…

I ended up making a batch of my Skinny Chicken Alfredo and paired it with some whole wheat bowtie pasta, steamed zucchini & squash and sundried tomatoes. I just can’t get over how easy this sauce is to make…and its delicious and healthy to boot!

Definitely a winner.

After dinner, Jay and I spent the evening relaxing and catching up with some Franklin and Bash on the DVR. Cody was hangin’ with us too, like he always does, but was being super lame.

I needed some extra entertainment, so I decided to see what I could do to get him up and moving. Luckily, I has piqued his interest rather quickly…

All it took was a little flash of his wand-toy-thingy, and before I knew it, he was up and ready to go.

“Get it, Codeman!”

His playtime was short-lived, but he still managed to give both of us a good chuckle. Smile

*****

This morning I was up fairly early, so I put on some last minute iced coffee and sipped on that while cooking up breakfast.

Today, that included two scrambled eggs (I got another dozen from Kathryn so I was super psyched) cooked up with a small garden tomato.

A plum, and a banana cinnamon chip muffin.

I love all breakfasts, but I especially love ones that have lots of variety.

It’s a party for my taste buds. Winking smile

So I never made it out to our new Trader Joe’s last Friday, but I’m thinking today is the day. Hopefully the crowds will have died down a bit from opening weekend (although I highly doubt it), so we’ll see. Wish me luck!

Random Question for the Morning:

If you could live one week as anyone else in the entire world, would you do it? Who would you choose to be?

1 Sarah August 6, 2012 at 9:24 am

What a great question! I think it would be interesting to live as someone else for a week. I am not sure who I would choose, but probably an athlete or yoga master. It would be nice to be so active and/or mindful for an entire week. Happy Monday!

2 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 6, 2012 at 9:36 am

Our TJ’s tends to be the least crowded about an hour after they open, around 9am. Have fun!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Cantaloupe!

3 briana August 6, 2012 at 9:39 am

We are finally getting a TJ’s here in Colorado, but not till March 2013! I would love to be Kate Middleton for a day :)

4 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 6, 2012 at 9:45 am

Absolutely agree! It would be fabulous to be Kate Middleton for a week!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..HOW Did I Forget To…

5 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 6, 2012 at 9:40 am

Good and very difficult question!!! Em…Who would you be? I’d possibly be just like to live the life of a nutritionist for a day to see if it’s a career I could see myself in!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..It will never get old

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 6, 2012 at 9:52 am

I’m so with you on a breakfast with variety- it’s so satisfying! (and very party like for the mouth ;) )
….Ummm, maybe the husband. I would like to understand what it’s like in his head just so I understand more about him……. Or, I could go with something fun like: a regular woman in Greece or Italy- I would love to know what their life is like!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Intimidated by 4th Grade?

7 Sarah @ Practice Princess August 6, 2012 at 9:53 am

Great breakfast! I have a thing about savoury muffins at the moment, they’d be great in this kind of combo, have you tried them? Banana looks yum. Your question is tricky: although I can’t imagine being in another life for one week, as much as I get fed up with my daily grind from time to time I think I’d instantly miss everyone I love – including my cat! I think that would totally outweigh the temporary envy I feel at Jennifer Esposito’s gorgeous hair (love the brunette/blonde look)… anyone with an amazing job in the West Wing, Kate Middleton’s gems and Cath Kidston’s fabulous design business :)
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..Chilli Veggie Muffins

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 6, 2012 at 9:54 am

That dinner looks so good! I do love a good alfredo sauce, but have been looking for one that’s a little bit less heavy – I’m thinking this is it!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Ninja Health Attack.

9 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

Happy Monday! Cody is so cute! That is a hard question. I have no idea! Maybe Jennifer Aniston? I just love her, she seems so down to earth. Or Giada De Laurentiis, she’s such a wonderful chef and to make all of those wonderful Italian dishes!! I could live on that for a week! ;)
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Frappe

10 Diane August 6, 2012 at 9:59 am

I was taking a look at your Skinny Chicken Alfredo recipe, and this might actually be my first ever cooked meal!

I think I’d like to be Usain Bolt just to know his secret behind sprinting!!
Diane recently posted..Things I’m Loving This Week #1

11 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 6, 2012 at 10:26 am

If it was only one week, I would do it. I would probably pick a celebrity, but I would have to think long and hard as to who it would be.
Have fun at Trader Joe’s…..I’m sure you’re right the crowds have probably not died down! ;)
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Marvelous Monday “Birthday Edition”

12 Bonnie August 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

I would love to live someone elses life for a week. Although being Kate Middleton (to be that beautiful!) would be an experience, I would choose an olympic athlete. I’m having a really hard time on my clean eating quest and finding the motivation to fit in workouts while working 10-14 hour days and 60 hour weeks. I would love to know how it feels to eat right and be in AMAZING shape. Also to experience the passion they have and dedication they put towards their career. I know that after having felt those feelings, my minor setbacks would be a thing of the past!!

13 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third August 6, 2012 at 10:35 am

I honestly don’t know if I would do a week as another person! Although it might be fun to live as Oprah for a few days ;)

14 Alison August 6, 2012 at 10:48 am

Giada de Laurentiis for sure! To cook all her delicious-looking food and see that California view…ahh :)

15 Rachel August 6, 2012 at 11:05 am

hmmmm this is tough! Not sure who I’d like to be, probably someone who has a job just so I can see what that’s like LOL! (I work only part time still)
Rachel recently posted..Squeaky Sneaks

16 Steph @ StephSnacks August 6, 2012 at 11:10 am

I would love the opportunity to be someone else for a week! It sounds fun. And I’m guilty to wanting to experience Kim Kardashian’s life for a week.
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Stanton Social

17 Rachel August 6, 2012 at 11:23 am

I love this question! Although I do love the Kate Middleton Answers, I would have to say I would wanna be a country star for a week, like Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, or the Jennifer Nettles. I have always drooled over that lifestyle ( :

18 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 6, 2012 at 11:27 am

So jealous of your meals! That alfredo and the banana muffin sound amazing! Enjoy Trader Joe’s today! I’m sure you’ll find tons of awesome things!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday

19 Lisa Meyer August 6, 2012 at 11:31 am

Hi Courtney – Have fun at Trader Joes! I went to the one in Madison, WI yesterday for the first time. I don’t know if they are all like that, but I was amazed at how small our store was. Had fun walking up and down the aisles and seeing all the products that bloggers have mentioned loving from there. Was very tempted to buy the dark chocolate peanut butter cups, but decided that it would be too easy to eat ALL of them in one sitting so I passed on them.

20 Khushboo August 6, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Great question- really is a thinker but for now I’d have to go with Oprah! She just has so much to offer to the world and touches upon millions of peoples of life daily… going to bed knowing the amount of good you’ve done for the day must feel nice! Plus I wouldn’t mind the travel bit of her job ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Just touched down…

21 Madison August 6, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I do the same thing with the variety of foods. Just this morning I had scrambled eggs, 1/2 of a bagel flat with jelly and a banana sliced up! I always feel like I am eating more when I have so many different things on my plate!I live in the same area as you and I have also been hesistant to go to the new TJ’s. I LOVE going every time I am out in Boston but am seriously considering going sometime this week! Please let us know how crowded it was! When The Fresh Market opened it was CRAZY and there weren’t even any parking spots!
Madison recently posted..Sweet Life

22 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction August 6, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Good question! I honestly don’t know who I would be, but probably someone rich and famous! I’d like to see if it’s what it’s all cracked up to be!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..16 oz Blended Chobani Yogurt Giveaway

23 Shannon August 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I guess so. It’s not a permanent change, only a week. I would want to be either Jordyn Wieber or Gabby Douglas then I could actually do a cartwheel, and so much other gymnastic routines! :)
Shannon recently posted..Bountiful Bread, a review