Loving This New Workout Top

After finishing up some work this morning, I decided to take a little mid-morning break for some yoga. I ended up taking most of the weekend off from exercise – unless you count sprinting across the hot sand or dancing for hours in high heels (which I do).

Today’s yoga of choice was my 40-minute 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme video, and it seriously felt so good to stretch out. I had company for the entire time, and I’ll give you one hint at who it was…

He’s never farm from sight. Winking smile

I got to try out a new workout top that was sent to me recently, which I actually mentioned briefly on Saturday, from Reebok. It’s their new Flex Collection Seamless Long Bra Top and I am seriously LOVING it.

It’s made with Play Dry technology, which helps with moisture evaporation, ventilation and helps reduce abrasion (goodbye, nasty chafing!). It also features Reebok’s RealFlex apparel technology, which provide a constructed fit for more natural motion.

I loved how comfortable the fabric was, but I’m totally loving the length on it.

IMG_6820IMG_6823

I’m a huge fan of long tanks, and this one definitely fits the bill!

*****

Shortly after yoga and showering up, I put together some food.

I snacked on another banana muffin while I assembled a yummy yogurt bowl made with blueberry Chobani, strawberries, blueberries, and granola.

A couple weeks ago, I received this new Cascadian Farms Ancient Grains Granola, and it’s really good.

Great flavor, light and crunchy, and just slightly different from my typical granola. Good stuff.

I’d probably eat something else along with it, but I’m making my way to TJ’s very shortly and I can pretty much guarantee that I’m going to buy something that WILL be eaten in the car on the way home…ahem, peanut butter filled pretzels. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What do you look for in a great workout top? A certain brand? Good fit? Length? Built in bra support? Cute colors?

Comments

1. Julie says

Have you tried the chocolate-covered PB pretzels at TJ’s? Yeah, those aren’t allowed in my house anymore after polishing off a bag in 2 days :)

I’m not super picky about anything except length. I cannot wear anything that doesn’t sufficiently cover my torso. It drives me nuts when tops ride up. That goes for workout clothes and regular clothes. So if I try on a workout top and it isn’t long enough, it’s going back on the rack for sure. I love this Reebok top you have on! And it looks plenty long :)
    Elaine recently posted..Popeye Smoothie

3. Holly says

Hey Courtney – i have been reading your blog for a LONG time now and have commented a few times but not much. I read every single day though! :) You are definitely one of my faves. I just wanted to take the time today to comment on how great I think you are looking! You look awesome! Thanks for opening up to your readers about your health issues, it is great for inspiration to help out others too. :)

• Courtney says

Hey Holly! Thank you SO much! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your comment and having you as a reader :)

Super cute top! I (sadly?) don’t need a built in bra, but I love tops that aren’t too short. I also like solid colors that I can wear with a variety of bottoms!

I love that Cody hangs out while you do yoga. :-)
    Julie recently posted..Sunday Snack Day

• Courtney says

Haha, I don’t need one either…I actually wear a sports bra with it just so I at least have some shape up there ;)

Great top!! I definitely look for comfort all around. Nice fit, long, not cotton… I like to have a top with no bra in it. When I wear a sports bra and then a top with a bra built in it feels confining. :)
    I love Cascadian Farms cereal!! I haven’t tried that flavor yet, but I love the honey oat and cinnamon raisin. :)
    Happy Monday!

Cute top! I always look for a top that has support, is cute, but still functional to workout in, and if need be, be able to run errands in it.
    I don’t really have a long torso, but I still look for tops that run a little longer because I don’t think workout pants look the best when tops are super short.
    Lululemon always has the best things!
    Lisa recently posted..Which Do You Love?

I was just at the Reebok outlet in Glens Falls this afternoon, and I immediately thought of you and the blog! It’s great that you love your new workout top. I forgot that their stores smell so good inside- random, I know, but they DO. :)

I like workout tops that are comfy, have a built-in bra support, and are of long length, such as the one that you’re wearing in the photos. I can’t wait to read your Trader Joe’s post tonight.
    Shannon recently posted..Bountiful Bread, a review

8. Michelle says

Can you do a trader joe’s grocery haul please!! I would love to see what products you deem worthy of purchasing :D

For workout tanks I always prefer racerbacks so you can see my sports bra through, just a preference.

Btw I just wanted to say I read your post on HA a little while ago, and it really it home with me. I’ve for sure had … have my struggles with that issue. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one in this situation,

You look amazing in that top, and it’s great to hear that you’ve still continued yoga and a healthy lifestyle overall. I still struggle daily with finding that happy medium.
    Amy @ InspiredAmy recently posted..The End isn’t Near, it’s Here

10. Christina says

It may have been uncomfortable for you to share these pics of yourself (you said before you’re uncomfortable w. your body right now), but I have to say, you look really great!!

I hope all that yoga is helping you appreciate and enjoy your body exactly how it is right now :) Yoga has helped me so much in that regard. If you need to switch it up from your DVDs sometime, check out yogatoday.com (free 60 minute video every week, you just have to sign up w. your email for free) and yogadownload.com (free 20 minute videos & audio recordings + super cheap longer sessions).

xoxo