I Like My Oatmeal Lumpy

Darn these Olympics!

source

Jay and I didn’t wind up getting home last night from our friends’ apartment until almost midnight, thanks to some late-night Olympic games viewing. It also probably didn’t help that the boys managed to find this Summer Olympics Drinking Game…

source

Needless to say, they made for quite an amusing evening. Winking smile

Since I didn’t get to bed until almost 12:30 last night, I bailed on my planned morning walk and snoozed through my alarm until about 7am. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to get that in later, but if not, no biggie.

Instead, I got up, checked some emails, and went right for breakfast…and this time, I knew exactly what I wanted.

Oatmeal!

Besides having OIAJ a few times, it’s been months since I last had a bowl of hot oatmeal. I guess maybe the summer months will do that to ya…or maybe it’s just me going through yet another one of my breakfast phases. Who knows.

Apparently though, I seemed to have forgotten how to make a good batch of oatmeal because this one was just not that great. I like my oatmeal thicker lumpy (<—The Humpty Dance reference, anyone?!?) and this one was a bit on the watery side and lacking flavor.

Luckily the blueberries and big ‘ol glob of peanut butter helped out a bit in that department, but ehh, I guess you can’t win ‘em all. Hopefully lunch and dinner will be better…I’m actually thinking that this salad sounds good for lunch (actually from exactly a year ago today!), and these chicken burgers are most likely getting made for dinner. YUM.

Question for the Morning:

Has anyone else found their usual bedtime getting later and later thanks to the Summer Olympics?

Comments

1. Kelli says

Totally staying up too late because of the Olympics! As soon as I saw the title of this blog entry I started singing the Humpty Dance in my head! Better than out loud at work! I also had hot oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast today. I like it lumpy and thick too. : )

Definitely prefer oatmeal on the lumpier side. Been there, done that – try throwing it in the microwave for 30 seconds to see if it thickens next time, although you don’t get the cold factor it thickens em up quite nicely!!

Beautiful blog. You’re one of my daily reads – or multi-daily reads!

Yes! What a simple question. I’ve been going to bed after midnight the past week or so; yesterday, I went to bed at 11 because I already knew that Aly Raisman won the gold in the floor routine (she was fantastic!).
    Shannon recently posted..Sutton’s Cafe, a review

Yeah, I haven’t gone to bed on time since the Opening Ceremonies. I absolutely adore the Olympics (obviously), but I’m looking forward to getting a full night’s sleep next week (and actually being able to have evening plans other than “sit on the couch with my eyes glued to the TV all night” haha)
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Meal Planning

5. Kenzie says

Yes!!! The Olympics are killin my morning workouts. I finally remember that I do indeed have a DVR and had to record last night’s after I finished watching beam.

Oatmeal is good for any occasion though!

I’ve been up until midnight every night because of the Olympics, and even though it’s leaving me tired in the early mornings, I figure it’s totally worth it. After all, the Olympics only come around every two years … why not enjoy them?! :)
    Shari recently posted..Going for Gold.