It Will All Work Out

Sometimes, a salad out of a mixing bowl is just necessary.

Who’s with me?!?!

I honestly haven’t really been craving the veggies lately. I go through phases, and right now is apparently my non-veggie phase. Today, however, the thought of a nice, big chopped salad (made my favorite way) the size of my face sounded super appealing.

Into the bowl went:

• romaine
  • cucumbers
  • garden cherry tomatoes
  • baby carrots
  • corn
  • red onion
  • avocado
  • grilled chicken
  • dried cranberries
  • dressing –> 1/2 tbsp EVOO + balsamic vinegar + a few shakes of oregano & basil

It was incredible. And I think I’m all set on the veggie front for now, too.

After lunch, I got to work on testing out the new curtains I picked up today from Target. I’m still trying to play around with them and see if I even like them…

I did buy a decorative rod (gonna let hubby take care of that later) and I also have another pair of panels so it’ll better fill the window, but I didn’t want to undo both packages juuuuust in case. I’m still undecided, but I think not having the decorative rod up there will make a world of difference. I don’t know…what do you guys think?

The rest of my afternoon consisted of a conference call with a client, a bit more work, making sure I was online at exactly 3pm to purchase another shirt from The Chive for the hubby (I succeeded again – best wife EVER, I’ll tell ya!) and a nice four mile walk on the treadmill while catching up on a few chapter of my book.

Today has actually been sort of an off day for me. I’ve been feeling a bit frustrated with my whole HA situation and it’s just been one of those days where I’m really annoyed. I’ve been so antsy to really work up a good sweat. I’m frustrated that I’m feeling blah about my body image. I want to feel comfortable.

So it’s days like today where I go back and re-read all of your caring, hopeful, supportive, and uplifting comments and emails. And then I remind myself that I’m doing this for a reason. And then, I honestly feel better…because I know it’s going to all work out in the end.

Needless to say, it felt great to just spend that time earlier walking and moving…even if I wasn’t working up a big sweat!

Sorry for the tangent…just had to air that one out today. Winking smile

So, in addition to everything else I had going on this afternoon, I also managed to do a little damage in the kitchen…

You guys, I’m really excited about this one.

And actually, I should go out and finish up that frosting right about now…

I’ll be sure to share the recipe as soon as they’re taste tested and given a couple thumbs up…

But I’d be willing to bet that you could guess what’s hiding in there! Winking smile

Comments

Sorry your not having the greatest of days, but vent away…sometimes it helps to let it all out! Your attitude about HA has been so inspirational, but your frustration is more than understandable. Hang in there and keep your eyes on the long term goal…and as the “womanly” surprise last week showed, you are heading in the right direction :)!
    Khushboo recently posted..Eating my way through London: The Folly

I think those curtains are pretty! Your house seems to look really clean, pretty, and modern~so I think that clean cut set of curtains is perfect for it in order to keep that clean cut look to your living room. :D And thank you for opening about the frustration! I’m glad you’re hanging in there and conquering this thang.
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Date Day and the Perfect Cookiewich

Everyone has those days about their bodies or about anything. I know I do! Probably too frequently :( But everything will be OK! I bet there are chocolate chips in those cupcakes????

PS: Saw your name on the healthy living summit e-mail…can’t wait!!!
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Petit Amuse

4. Karleen says

Courtney, I can totally relate to your antsy-ness and blah body image:/ but don’t fret cuz you know you’re really doing your body a good thing by still waiting it out. Cheers to your patience and your ability to still walk and do your yoga. Oh, and you still look AWESOME!!

5. Becky Przy says

Ahhh I am going through the same thing w/HA…reading your blog has really helped me! Always nice to know that someone else is going through the same thing. Plus, it helps ‘keep me in check’ so I don’t bust out a 5 mile run;-)

6. Julia says

I just want to let you know that I am so thankful to you for being open about your HA. I am currently going through the same thing, and am in the process of putting on some weight! It is not easy, but reading your blog and seeing you go about your life in a positive way is so inspiring. When i get down, you come to mind and it really does help. THANK YOU!

It’s okay to sometimes feel frustrated and/or angry with things. I know I did. Don’t feel badly for how you feel. Work through it and experience it, so it doesn’t get all bottled up unhealthily.

PS – I still get all warm inside when I see the cupcake things I sent you forever ago! :)
    Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Which Would You Choose?

I was thinking the same thing as Mal! Could the cupcakes’ main ingredient be zucchini? Every time I hear the word ‘zucchini’, I automatically think of you and the blog. My sister is actually making zucchini bread now. Coincedental, right?
    Shannon recently posted..Sutton’s Cafe, a review

I’m so sorry hun you are feeling overwhelmed. I definitely can relate. There are so many days when I just run to the bathroom and pray that I’ll see any signs of my womanhood. Never thought I would say that but it’s true. You have ever right to feel that way and just know you are never alone. xoxo
    Lauren recently posted..Fruit Flavor of the Week: Cherries

I love big salads! I generally eat them out of mixing bowls because it’s easier to stir in the dressing without having everything fall over the sides of the bowl.

And it WILL all work out. Unfortunately sometimes we just have to be patient through all of our health stuff.
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Slice of Humble Pie

11. Laura says

aww, hang in there girl!! it will get easier with time.. has your “friend” come back to play yet? pretty soon you’ll have a little bun in the oven and it will ALL be worth it :)

12. Kaelin says

Hang in there!! I am sooo right there with you! I commented on your original post, but I am going through the same thing. Having to gain weight. It’s hard to watch your body change, and honestly its probably mostly mental for me. But its a struggle some days. I know its for the better and I try to think happy thoughts!!

You will have plenty of sweaty workouts in your future, just you wait!! :)

It is part of the process, the uncomfortableness. It stinks and it’s awesome that you are venting about it. In the past, I would do something about the uncomfortableness and restlessness, which would be working out a great sweat…only to avoid the inevitable…reality. To be healthy, we have to deal with the uncomfortable feelings and find other ways to feel better. Looks like those yummy cupcakes baking is one outlet : )
    Jenn recently posted..Image Obsessed.

14. Caroline says

Hey Courtney! Sorry to hear you are having a rough day- glad you vented some and kept it honest; I truly think that is the best way to handle things! Also, I just wanted to tell you as an outside perspective (not meant to be creepy) I recently started reading your blog and think you look great- like a pretty and healthy twenty-something girl that is fit and happy! I sometimes have beat myself up in the past about how I look in photos or felt in certain clothes and that type of thing, and then look back a few months or years later and realized I looked great! Just wanted to try to give you that voice- you look great, and are doing something positive for you, so just enjoy! I know this is super hard, but just wanted to give my two cents! Have a great night!

aww sorry to hear that you had sorta an off day! I love how honest you are with this whole experience… recently I just found out that the reason I’ve been so bloated lately might be a gluten allergy so I know what it’s like to feel frustrated.. sometimes you just feel you’re at the point of giving up.. but it’ll all workout for the best! :)
    Rachel recently posted..Gluten Free Me!

16. Hannah R. says

My guess for what’s in the cupcakes are possibly the cat cookies or pb pretzels!
    Also you are so right, it absolutely will all work out! You are such a BEAUTIFUL person! Hang in there!

Hey girl….just want you to know I’m here for you and though the HA journey is a very difficult one, what you’re doing is for ALL the right reasons and in the end you will have a sweet precious reward….always remember that what you’re doing now for your body is what healthy balanced living is and to always keep moving forward…you got this girl :) xo

18. Megan says

Hopefully my story can encourage you about HA. I dealt with an eating disorder from 1997-2000, in which cutting out all fats, binging, starving, and extreme exercising consumed me. I began to have only a couple cycles per year (if that), and so when my hubby and I wanted to start having kids, we couldn’t. Through counseling, eating fats again, going on birth control (I know, ironic, right- I had to go ON birth control to be able to conceive :) and lessening the exercise, I gained 15lbs (from 90-105). I got off birth control, and a few months later, I was pregnant! Since then, I have had 3 kids, and I now maintain my weight at 92-95 lbs (I’m 5″1′). I am able to exercise as hard as I want without triggering HA (my cycle is on schedule EVERY month), which I think is because I have stopped the binge/starve, no fat, counting calories cycle. (I still have my bad days, but you know what I mean). Also, having a child has been proven to help a lot of woman regain their cycles. So, don’t beat yourself up with the what ifs….there’s a purpose to everything we go through in life. Keep on keeping on, stay balanced, and the results will be worth it in the end :)

A salad in a mixing bowl (or container) is always necessary for me usually, because it’s easier to mix it and you can fit more vegies ;) I hope you have left you ‘funk’ of a feeling and you are feeling better about yourself- because you are incredible! Ps. cutest cupcake holders!
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..Intent

Trackbacks

1. […] of my stuff this morning, I realized that I still had a batch of frosting in the fridge to frost yesterday’s cupcakes. Seriously, how could I have forgotten about frosting or […]