A Bit More Nutritious Option

by Courtney on August 16, 2012

I can’t believe I’ll be leaving tomorrow morning for HLS…ummm, seriously. When did this happen?

I mean, I know I’ve been helping plan it for months now, but I honestly feel like it snuck up out of nowhere! I still need to pack, get all of my stuff ready, and oh yeah…try to figure out how I’m organizing that panel I’m speaking on.

For any of you who may wind up sitting in on my panel Saturday afternoon, I apologize ahead of time if I sound like a space case. Actually, it’ll probably be pretty amusing, so feel free to come for the entertainment!

*****

As for the rest of today, things have been fairly uneventful. I tried to spend some time away from the computer this afternoon and worked on a few things around the house. I even sat down during lunch and enjoyed it without being on the computer.

It was wonderful.

If you had talked to me late this morning, I would have told you that I was going to find myself some fro yo for lunch. I told Jay earlier this afternoon that it was the only thing I was in the mood for and he laughed at me (virtually, through gchat).

By the time I left Starbucks though, my craving actually disappeared so I figured I should save my $8+ dollars (because that’s how much I like to spend on the stuff) and came home for a bit more nutritious option.

I threw together some romaine, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, carrots, red onion, corn, pickles, feta cheese, dried cranberries, grilled chicken, olive oil and balsamic…and then went to town on it with my pizza cutter. Winking smile

All chopped up…muuuuch better!

Soon after Jay got home from work this evening, we headed outside to attempt to start ripping down our entire back porch (in preparation for our upcoming renovations). We’ve actually been meaning to do something with it ever since we decided to start painting it…and never finished.

It was way too big anyways, especially after Jay took down the old screened-in porch, so we’re taking the opportunity to start from scratch.

Well, unfortunately, we didn’t end up getting very far, thanks to a rogue bees nest hidden under one of our patio umbrellas. The things were swarming like crazy, so we called it quits and headed inside. Ehh…another time hopefully when I’m not home.

When it came time for dinner, I was in the mood for absolutely nada. We hadn’t prepared anything, so it wound up being a grilled ham & cheese for the hubs and an egg, provolone, and tomato sandwich for me kinda night.

It turned out to taste way better than I anticipated, too. WIN.

I’m almost positive there will be some dessert action happening later – not only because dinner was light and I’ll probably be hungry, but also because it’ll be a perfect distraction from getting all of my crap ready.

Alright…I think it’s about time I attempt to take a stab at this packing business. Before signing off, I’ve just gotta say thank you to you guys. I can’t tell you how much all of your comments and emails from earlier mean to me. You guys really do help make me tougher moments just a little bit easier…and I love you all for it.

See you cool cats in the morning. Winking smile

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 16, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I want to come with youuuuu!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..riviera maya: the books

2 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List August 16, 2012 at 9:09 pm

NO! She’s taking me!

3 Sana August 16, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Have a lovely time at HLS this year :)
Sana recently posted..8:03

4 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 16, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Have a safe trip! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

5 Grace Kennington @ Eat Sweat Sing August 16, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Hmmmm, your last post was emotional and now your appetite is off…. are you pregnant??? ;) lol I will say that froyo for lunch sounds pretty awesome!!
Grace Kennington @ Eat Sweat Sing recently posted..Busy Day!

6 Courtney August 16, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Nope :(

7 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile August 16, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I can’t believe HLS is here already, either! I’m sure you will do great speaking. I’m excited! See ya in Boston :)
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..WIAW Birthday Weekend

8 Elaine August 16, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Have a good weekend at the HLS! I’m sad it didn’t work out for me to attend this year, so you’ll have to fill in all of your followers who cant be there next week :)
Elaine recently posted..Spaghetti Squash and Tomato Casserole

9 Michelle (Better with Berries) August 16, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Maybe I am totally out of the loop and am the only person who has never heard of this, but using a pizza cutter to chop your salad is GENIUS! I think you just changed my life :-) Have safe travels!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Venison Meatballs with Roasted Vegetable Sauce

10 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 16, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Can’t wait to hear about HLS! Good luck with the packing :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Camping Recap: Good News and the Arrival.

11 Kim@hingryhealthygirl August 16, 2012 at 8:49 pm

I would absolutely love to hear you speak….maybe next year.
Kim@hingryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things- Favorites From Around the Web

12 Lauren August 16, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Haha I’m feeling the exact same way! We’ll be great! :) Can’t wait to see you.
Lauren recently posted..The Way To His Heart…

13 Jennifer August 16, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I hope things get better for you after reading your post earlier. There are many times I feel the same way. I can be an emotional basket case at times. Sometimes it is hard to push thru it. I do feel your pain. Take care. Also I love your blog!!!

14 Katie (Goober Nut's Life) August 16, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Egg sandwiches.. Would eat them any time, for any meal!
They’re too good! <3
Katie (Goober Nut’s Life) recently posted..Venus Williams!

15 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction August 16, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Can’t wait for the HLS! I’ll be at your panel :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Special Events & A Giveaway Winner

16 Alicia August 16, 2012 at 11:46 pm

That egg, provolone and tomato sandwich looks delicious! I really want to try it myself! Good luck with the trip and packing!!
Alicia recently posted..Daily Stat’s: Day 24 + Previews!

17 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 17, 2012 at 2:27 am

That salad mix looks yum! Love the idea of using the pizza cutter, genius! Would love to be at HLS…all the way from Ireland..maybe next year!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Banana Buckwheat Pudding

18 Khushboo August 17, 2012 at 4:11 am

I’m sure you’re going to rock your panel :)
Khushboo recently posted..What’s in my fridge…

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss August 17, 2012 at 9:31 am

I MISS MY ROOMIE.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..The Happiest I’ve Been

20 Bek @ Crave August 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I think since you didn’t have froyo for lunch- you should have it for dinner ;) haha!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..And I’m Feeling Good!

21 Bek @ Crave August 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I mean after dinner! haha Doh.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..And I’m Feeling Good!

22 Nina Parrish August 22, 2012 at 6:31 am

Wow, I could say that these are very nutritious recipes. I love all these recipes on the list.
Nina Parrish recently posted..The Power of a Big and Thick Penis during Sex

23 Holly Deloach August 23, 2012 at 6:48 am

I love egg. I wish to make these recipes now. The looks so delicious and healthy recipes.
Holly Deloach recently posted..How’s your Sexual Desire?