No More Waffle Photos

by Courtney on August 17, 2012

Happy Fridayyyyyyy!

I’m feeling so much better today than I was yesterday…and thank goodness for that, since I really don’t need to be balling my eyes out while handing out swag bags later this afternoon. Ya feel me?

I was planning on getting up a bit earlier this morning to squeeze in a walk before hitting the road, buuuuut that totally did not happen. Instead, I snoozed for another 40 minutes or so before finally getting up and getting ready.

Once I was showered and semi-packed, I whipped up breakfast and made a glass of iced coffee…which was extra awesome today, thanks to a little extra time in the freezer.

Nice, cold, and semi-slushy.

I was actually really craving these today, but was too lazy to make them, so I settled for the next best thing. Waffles, baby.

Two of ‘em – one with almond butter, one with peanut butter – both with banana slices, chia seeds, and cinnamon.

I think I’ve also decided after today that I’m no longer going to take pictures of my waffles…because by the time I sit down to eat them, they’re semi cold. And that blows. So from now on, it’s recycled photos of waffles around here. Winking smile

Now, it’s about time to finish getting all of my crap together and get ready to hit the road!

I must say, as much as I’m not looking forward to driving by myself, I am so thankful for the fact that I do not have to deal with airlines, trains, or any other public transportation this weekend. I swear, sometimes the anxiety I get from traveling is just obnoxious.

So in a few hours, I’ll be in good ‘ol Boston again and ready to hang out with some pretty sweet peeps! If you’re interested, feel free to check out some my recaps from last year’s Healthy Living Summit…

Or from the 2010 Healthy Living Summit (aka, the worst travel experience EVER)…

Alright, my friends…I’m off! See ya from Boston! Smile

1 Sarah B. August 17, 2012 at 9:50 am

I think waffles + PB + bananas = party in my mouth.

I actually love traveling by plane because it makes me feel more like I’m taking a “destination vacation” or something like that. But, I hear ya about public transportation anxiety.

Have a blast at the healthy living summit! Looking forward to everyone’s updates. There’s lots I can learn!

2 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 17, 2012 at 10:03 am

I feel the same way about airplane travel. It’s almost as if the headaches of it make the destination that much more special.
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Blogger Meetup

3 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 17, 2012 at 10:06 am

I was at the Chicago HLS a few years ago–it was so much fun! Hope you have a great time this weekend. :)
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Stuffed and Baked Zucchini Flowers

4 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 17, 2012 at 10:16 am

Have a WONDERFUL time! I’m sure it’s going to rock- enjoy yourself!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Week 37 & Week 38

5 Rachel August 17, 2012 at 10:18 am

Have a great time!! Aww yea I hate cold waffles I feel they cool off fast too!
Rachel recently posted..Hello Kitty!

6 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 17, 2012 at 10:23 am

Have fun, safe travels!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Brag About Your Blog Link Up

7 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 17, 2012 at 10:24 am

Have fun this weekend! I’m excited for the recap on your panel!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..You Have To Watch This Movie

8 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign August 17, 2012 at 10:25 am

Have a blast this weekend! Wish I was able to make it this year!

How do you like your new straightener? I’m in the market for a new one.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..It’s A Snap!

9 Alana August 17, 2012 at 10:26 am

Hey, don’t feel bad about having an off day. I can’t speak for everyone but I actually like knowing you’re REAL (you seem so darn perfect sometimes, being all pretty and perky lol). Keep being real with us, because we love it and we love you :)

10 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 17, 2012 at 10:27 am

I hope you have another successful and safe trip to HLS!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Sick and Happy

11 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 17, 2012 at 10:42 am

Have fun at HLS! Cannot wait to read about your panel. Good luck!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Restaurant Review – Gonza Tacos y Tequila – North Raleigh

12 Khushboo August 17, 2012 at 10:46 am

Semi-cold food..one of the reasons I can’t photograph all meals! Safe travels :)

13 Amanda B. August 17, 2012 at 10:58 am

Welcome back to Boston!
Amanda B. recently posted..SumMEH Weekend!

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 17, 2012 at 11:03 am

I can’t stand cold waffles either! Or any food that is supposed to be warm for that matter. I’m so so so glad to hear you’re feeling better today! :) Have FUN this weekend!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Fall Fashion Pins

15 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife August 17, 2012 at 11:06 am

Have fun! Looking forward to hearing all about it!!
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Playlist Thursday: Brooklyn’s Finest

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 17, 2012 at 11:10 am

Sometimes I actually like solo road trips! You can listen to whatever music you want. :-) Have fun!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 23

17 Erin @ The Grass Skirt August 17, 2012 at 11:18 am

Have fun at HLS! Wish I could be there this year, but I’ve got a bun in the oven. :)
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Baby furniture delivery & healthy eats from the week (8/17)

18 Michelle (Better with Berries) August 17, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Safe travels today!

And I don’t blame you for eating your waffles sans picture. No one needs cold waffles :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..This Is Really Happening

19 Alyssa August 17, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Ha I was just saying yesterday that anything with Peanut Butter and bananas is heaven! lol Have fun at HLS! Maybe I will hit it up next year, too! Can’t wait for recaps :)
Alyssa recently posted..Labor Day Recipe Roundup

20 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Can’t wait for HLS today!!! It’s my first time attending one!

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm

mmm…waffles. Cannot go wrong.

Have an awesome time in Boston!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Maybe, Just Maybe I’ll Be a Morning Person.

22 Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings August 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Have a wonderful time! I wish I could be there!
Katherine @ The Fit Lady Sings recently posted..Hey good girl

23 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre August 17, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I’m soo sad that I’ll be missing HLS this year. I’m leaving for Mexico on Sunday, so it would be too much travel. Have so much fun and good luck with your speech! You’ll be awesome girl! Miss ya!
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Not On Schedule

24 Tina @ Best Body Fitness August 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I so wish I was there with you all this weekend!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Friday Features

25 Bek @ Crave August 17, 2012 at 9:25 pm

You know what they say! Sometimes it is definitely better to sleep in then workout. I guess it was just one of those days for you :) Haha, I think recycling your waffle photos is a good idea- I hate it when my hot foods end up semi-cold :) We can all live with that sacrifice ;) Have fun! Can’t wait to hear (read haha) about it all.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..And I’m Feeling Good!

26 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset August 18, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Man! I NEED some of those waffles in my life! Whenever you post them, I’m always so jealous ;)

27 Kat Wesley August 22, 2012 at 12:00 am

Good luck and enjoy. Have fun always. I love eating waffles.
Kat Wesley recently posted..End Premature Ejaculation and Last Longer in Bed with Natural Male Supplements