#HLS12 Begins!

by Courtney on August 18, 2012

I’m here! Healthy Living Summit 2012 has officially begun!

After a very easy, relaxing car ride over, I arrived into Cambridge at around 1:30 this afternoon, just in time to quickly throw my stuff up in the hotel room and jet back downstairs to get ready for registration at 2. Our team was definitely on top of the game and we were more than ready to go.

I didn’t plan very well when it came to eating today, so I was absolutely famished by the time I finally sat down at registration. Thankfully, Heather had some grape tomatoes, cherries, and cat cookies(!) so I snacked on some of those.

I also ended up digging in to a bit of my swag bag for some munchies.

Umm, yeah. Those fruit and nut squares you see there. SO, so good.

Along with the rest of our awesome loot. Winking smile

I was also psyched to see that I had another fun bag waiting for me up in the room, filled with a few thank you items for being on the planning team. In there was this awesome top and workout capris from Five Bamboo.

Their clothing is seriously amazing. So comfortable!

Also in our room? Some awesome goodies that came straight from Wisconsin…courtesy of my awesome roomie, Kelly.

We actually haven’t broken into them yet, but I’m guaranteeing that that dark chocolate PB will be opened by tomorrow morning. Guarantee.

I debated on snacking a bit on some PB&J, but all of us were pretty hungry so we ended up ordering some take-out.

This sub that I got totally rocked…turkey, ham, provolone, lettuce, tomato, 1000 Island dressing…oh man. After a long day with basically just snacking, this thing totally hit the spot.

Shortly after eating, me and the roomies freshened up, changed, and headed on down to get things ready for the cocktail party.

I’m rooming with both Kelly (right) and Alicia (center) this weekend, and they rock. I love them lots.

I also love these girls lots.

Julie, Heather, and Meghann have been working so hard at making this year’s HLS a success. So far things are already off to a fantastic start and it’s obvious that they’ve been putting their heart and soul into it. Thanks, ladies!

Oh, how I’ve missed my Heather. Smile

Before we knew it, the guests were going to be arriving so we finished up what had to be done and waited for the festivities to get started.

The spread of food we had was pretty awesome…cheese, crackers, baguettes, veggies, and lots of toppings.

Whoopie Pies…

Three kinds, to be exact. And don’t worry…I tried all three just to be fair.

The lemon poppy were killerrrr.

My favorite station for the night, however, would probably have to be this one.

Chocolate…

And popcorn.

Can you really go wrong? Winking smile

The rest of the evening was spent mingling and hanging out with a bunch of super awesome girls.

I had an especially great time hanging out with both Min and Stellina.

Both of these girls were just so sweet and totally fun to talk with…gosh, I just love blogger meet ups!

Oh…I also really love having fun in photo booths.

Yeah, that photo booth was lots of fun!

I’ve got a busy day ahead of me today…aaaaand I still have a panel discussion that I need to prepare for. Yikes!

So excited for HLS 2012!!

1 Tara Deal August 18, 2012 at 7:33 am

How exciting, Courtney!!! I would LOVE to go to a blogger meetup and healthy living conference like this. Look at all of the swag you have! I have already written it in my planner that next year…I MUST attend! Your cream dress looks great :) Have a good rest of the weekend!
Tara Deal recently posted..My New Favorite: Frozen Cherries!

2 Amy August 18, 2012 at 7:36 am

You look so gorgeous! Everyone does. I love seeing a bunch of my favorite bloggers together. Hope y’all have a blast!
Amy recently posted..Eat Breakfast.

3 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 18, 2012 at 7:53 am

You look beautiful! Those whoopie pies look pretty darn good too! Have a blast and good look on your panel discussion…..wish I was there to hear it.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Muffin Cakes

4 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries August 18, 2012 at 8:29 am

I LOVED meeting you last night Courtney! I’m having a blast at HLS, see you today! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..And We’re Off!

5 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy August 18, 2012 at 8:31 am

Looks like so much fun! Have a great time!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Simple Things: A through Z

6 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 18, 2012 at 9:03 am

It looks like everyone is having a great time so far! Yay! You look BEAUTY-ful I might add! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Fall Fashion Pins

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 18, 2012 at 9:31 am

Looks like things are off to a fun start!

Per your recommendation, I picked up some cat cookies at TJ’s this week… so good!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Product Review: Vega Energizing Smoothie

8 Elaine August 18, 2012 at 9:41 am

Looks like it’s going well and you are having fun so far! The dress from Target looks great :)
Elaine recently posted..Sneaky Skinny Brownies

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 18, 2012 at 9:45 am

Looks like so much fun! I’m super bummed I could be there this year but I hope you all have an amazing time. And share any awesome things you learn! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Friends

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles August 18, 2012 at 10:14 am

You’ll do great! Enjoy the time with all the other bloggers and have tons of fun!! :)
That bag full of goodies- swoon!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Week 37 & Week 38

11 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 18, 2012 at 11:07 am

Looks like so much fun!! Enjoy yourself!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Tomato Pizza Pie

12 Sarah B. August 18, 2012 at 11:28 am

Omg those pies and the chocolate look so good! If the popcorn were covered in carmel I’d be drooling over that, too. Looks like fun!!

13 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

Love that dress – it’s so pretty!

And three kinds of whoopie pies? That is pretty much heaven right there.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I Promise I’m Not 65.

14 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy August 18, 2012 at 1:22 pm

how fun!! i love the photo booth pics! and WOW what an incredible loot bag!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Velvet Vegetable Soup & a Birthday Bash! GF, V, BED, SCD!

15 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset August 18, 2012 at 2:55 pm

AHH! HLS looks like an absolute blast! You’re SO lucky to be a part of that community! :)

16 Rachael @ Ready To Get Sweaty August 18, 2012 at 2:55 pm

It was great to meet you last night and you are so sweet to post the photo we took together. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

17 Danielle@Dish'n'Dash August 18, 2012 at 6:05 pm

that photo booth was so much fun! My fave of the whoopie pies was the red velvet. Wow. It was great to meet you and chat with you for a few minutes – hopefully will have time tomorrow morning to chat some more!
Danielle@Dish’n’Dash recently posted..HLS12: It’s Always a Good Time!

18 Bek @ Crave August 19, 2012 at 7:35 am

Omg that looks like way too much fun! I wish we had something like that in Aus tralia! Sign me up ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Almond Butter Pancakes- Take 1

19 Daybelis August 19, 2012 at 9:46 am

Ive been following your blog for quite a while how and I think you are beautiful Courtney:) I love your decision to cut back on intense exercise because I’m doing the same and seeing others join me helps me feel more alleviated. As a recovered anorexic blogs like your help me see what balance in life really is about. Thank you so much. Also I’m loving your dress, suits you very well;)

20 Courtney August 19, 2012 at 10:37 am

21 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction August 19, 2012 at 10:50 am

I love blogger meet ups too! So glad I got to finally meet you in person! You are such a beautiful and nice person. I really enjoyed hanging out with you at the HLS. Hopefully, we can do it again soon :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..It’s hereeeee! Healthy Living Summit 2012

22 Kierston August 19, 2012 at 11:22 am

So fun! You all look great! The popcorn station would have been my fave too!
Kierston recently posted..10 Weeks Out: A Pain in the Neck!

23 Caitlin August 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

OMG…I want that Yumbutter. Looks SOOOO GOOD. How was it?!
Caitlin recently posted..Barcelona Patio Party!

24 Min August 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Courtney! I can’t tell you how much I loved meeting you in person (omgosh she’s real!! I thought) and getting to talk to you one on one! How I managed that, I don’t know! Everybody wanted to talk to you! ;) You’re truly gorgeous..inside and out! Hope you got home safely!
Min recently posted..HLS ’12! Day 1 Recap

25 Courtney August 20, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Min!! You were SO FUN to talk to! I only wish we had more time…and that it was a bit quieter, haha. Definitely had a blast meeting you and catching up – hopefully another time soon! :)

26 Caroline August 22, 2012 at 7:54 am

Hi Courtney! I really enojoyed your session on Saturday and found it super helpful and inspiring! Thanks for chatting with us newbies :) Looking forward to seeing you again at another conference!

27 Courtney August 22, 2012 at 8:53 am

Hey Caroline! Thanks so much for attending my session! I’m so glad you found it helpful :)

28 @dressesau August 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I really enojoyed your session

29 cheap wedding dress 2013 March 18, 2013 at 9:11 pm