No WOD For Me

by Courtney on August 18, 2012

Oh man…I feel like I have so much to catch you all up on. I have a little bit of time before heading out for dinner tonight, so let’s see how much we can get through!

First off, would you guys check out this view?

This is actually the view that we have from our hotel room and is it not just awesome? The Hyatt Regency has really been absolutely great and super accommodating for everything that we’ve needed for this weekend’s conference.

So this morning I had planned on getting up and possibly walking along the river, but my alarm never went off so that didn’t happen. Apparently it was raining anyways, so I’ll take the extra sleep anyway.

Things got started nice and early this morning…

With lots of vendors to scope out before breakfast started.

Oh, heyyyy Reebok!

Reebok actually provided all of the attendees with a fresh pair of Reebok sneakers. Check out my new kicks!

Love ‘em.

For breakfast, we had a ton of delicious options, courtesy of Wild Harvest.

I basically grabbed a little bit of everything.

Half of a banana nut muffin, a yogurt parfait, fresh fruit, Greek omelet, and a potato and asparagus casserole (pictured on the right) that was absolutely delicious. I could have eaten that times about 20.

The parfait was really delicious too. So many great flavors.

After breakfast, it was time for a little CrossFit action.

Aren’t these girls so cute?

Everyone seemed super psyched to get started on the WOD for today. Everyone also seemed pretty psyched about the trainers that Reebok sent to lead the workout. Winking smile

Although my experience with CrossFit is limited (but SUPER FUN), I just love how the instructors really seem to take the time to explain everything and make sure that everyone is maintaining proper form. So, so important!

The actual WOD was only about five minutes long, which included a ton of squats and jumps…

I, however, watched from afar and sported my Reebok headband in spirit.

I really wanted to join in, and looking back I probably could have since the workout wasn’t too intense. But I’m still happy with my decision to stick with my low-impact stuff for now. In time…I’ll be back. Winking smile

Alright…gotta go get ready…I’ve got a special dinner tonight with Chobani and some other lovely ladies!

How’s everyone’s weekend going so far?!?

1 Danielle@Dish'n'Dash August 18, 2012 at 6:07 pm

my thighs are still burning from those squats. An intense WOD with plenty of good looking guys to look at!
Danielle@Dish’n’Dash recently posted..HLS12: It’s Always a Good Time!

2 Kim@hingryhealthygirl August 18, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I can’t believe Reebok gave everyone new shoes! That’s totally awesome!! Hope dinner’s delish!!
Kim@hingryhealthygirl recently posted..Muffin Cakes

3 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 18, 2012 at 6:13 pm

You’re adorable, Court! Looked like a fun time! The trainers look worth it if anything! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Banana Mango Green Smoothie

4 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal August 18, 2012 at 6:15 pm

So jealous, I wanna go next year! I love all of the swag you guys are getting there too, that is just so awesome.
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Oatmeal Protein Pancake with a hint of chocolate (single serve/high protein/no sugar added)

5 Katie @ Goober Nut's Life August 18, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Sounds like so much fun, Courtney!!
It looks like you guys got some awesome swag! ;)
Haha, I’m with my family in California right now (vacationing from Washington State for a week), and although it’s not HLS, it’s been pretty fun, too! :D
Katie @ Goober Nut’s Life recently posted..Off to Cali!

6 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 18, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Good for you! I would have been tempted to get in there too!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..saturday morning

7 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files August 18, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I loved meeting you today and talking with you at lunch! You are such an inspiration I’m so happy I finally got to put a face to the blog!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..Thursday Things

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 18, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Well, at least you got to look at the eye candy?

You do a mean pouty face :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Not a Scene I Want to Re-Enact.

9 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 18, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Courtney is was so nice meeting you this weekend! I attended your newbie q&a session and found it super helpful! It was great to hear the panels answers to questions I have daily while trying to navigate through the blog world :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Check in time: 21 Day Sugar Detox and Integrative Nutrition

10 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 18, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Love that you got a new pair of Reebok kicks, cute!!

I might have had to jump in on that WOD just to get a bit closer to the cute trainers;-)!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Frozen Food Fail

11 michelle kim August 18, 2012 at 7:37 pm

View looks great! And looks like everyone else got a pretty good workout. Hope you’re having a good time with the ladies at the Chobani dinner!
michelle kim recently posted..Babysitting Time!

12 Shannon August 18, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I just returned from a few days in Atlantic City an hour ago and it was a BLAST! Walking along the boardwalk was interesting; you see a lot of different people all mixed in one place. I walked through a casino, and yeah…I’m not returning to one again in my life. I can’t see myself clicking a few buttons on a machine with the slim chance that I’ll get all my money back. I did think the big Wheel of Fortune game/wheel in the Wild Wild West Casino in Bally’s was very COOL looking. Too bad I couldn’t take a picture of it. :(

Looks like you’re having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Boston!

13 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 18, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Those new shoes look awesome! What great swag!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Sick and Happy

14 Khushboo August 18, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Love those new shoes :)
Khushboo recently posted..Taste of Japan

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 18, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Are either of those Reebok trainers single?! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Friends

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 19, 2012 at 8:34 am

The hotel looks really nice!

I’m so jealous of those sneakers! I’ve seen so many pictures on my Instagram feed this weekend!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Product Review: Vega Energizing Smoothie

17 Angela @ Angela Whole30 August 19, 2012 at 9:29 am

Thats a bummer you couldn’t join in! It looks like HLS12 is a ton of fun this year!!!!!

18 Heather @ For the Love of Kale August 20, 2012 at 9:59 am

Girl, I’m so proud of you for sticking with your plan. You’re amazing! :-) It was so nice to meet you again. You’re so gorgeous – inside and out!!!
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..GG with BB

19 Courtney August 20, 2012 at 10:01 am

Thanks, love. :)
It was so great seeing you again too! Wish we had more time to catch up.

20 Caitlin August 20, 2012 at 10:35 am

Good for you for sticking with your decision and skipping out on the WOD! Better safe than sorry. If it’d been super intense you might have regretted participating! At least you look super cute in that headband and have some FAB new sneakers! <3 <3
Caitlin recently posted..Barcelona Patio Party!

21 Katy August 22, 2012 at 7:17 pm

That looked fun. I love Crossfit!
Katy recently posted..Every Little Push Counts

22 Jessie Siega August 23, 2012 at 4:16 am

The view on the photo that you got from your hotel is stunning. I love the water view. Your suite is pretty. You can definitely have a comfortable sleep. It seems you are happy and have a great time in your conference.
Jessie Siega recently posted..Male Sexual Problem and How to Solve it using Natural Supplements