Dinner at EVOO with Chobani

by Courtney on August 19, 2012

So last night after all of the HLS festivities for the day had finished, I had the pleasure of joining a group of awesome ladies for a special dinner at EVOO.

Before we left, however, we all spent a little bit of time relaxing and enjoying a drink up in Meghann’s hotel room.

It was a long day…a glass of wine sounded real good.

After a quick cab ride, we arrived at EVOO no problem and were quickly greeted by our hosts for the evening…

Chobani!

About a week ago, I received an email from the rock stars at Chobani, inviting me to a special dinner at EVOO. I was so honored to be invited to such a neat event and immediately RSVP’d.

I knew we were going to be in for quite a treat when I found out that acclaimed Chef Peter McCarthy had prepared a unique, four-course menu with custom Chobani-inspired dishes…I mean, how cool is that?

When we first arrived, we all took a few minutes to say hello to our wonderful hosts, Emily, Amy, and Ashley, and then we grabbed a seat. Our tables already had some fresh bread, cheese boards, and other snacks ready and waiting for us.

I had a couple pieces of bread with cheese while I sipped on my glass of wine.

I didn’t quite catch what it was, but it was good. Real good.

Our group was broken in to two tables, and I was most definitely in some great company…

Brittany, Caitlin, & Meghann

Julie & Rachel

Ashley, Me, & Lauren

After a little time spent chatting and catching up with everyone, our dinner began.

The first course we had was made with heirloom tomatoes, a yogurt gelee, spearmint, basil, EVOO and course salt.

Each and every one of these flavors complemented the other so, so well. The tomatoes were perfectly ripe, and the Chobani gelee was very reminiscent of a sort of soft cheese. Amazing.

Our second course of the night was probably the most unique: Lobster-Vanilla Yogurt Succotash.

As soon as waitress set my plate down, I could immediately smell the vanilla CHO. It was such a unique flavor combination, and for someone who doesn’t typically order lobster, this was definitely a dish I could get used to.

Our main course at EVOO was a Seared Yogurt & Spice Sous Vide Lamb Loin with Crisp Eggplant and Raita.

I’m pretty sure the last time I ate lamb was actually on my honeymoon so I really had no idea what to expect as far as flavor went. The texture and flavor both reminded me a lot of a lean cut of steak, which was cooked perfectly. I was, once again, a fan.

But out of all four courses we were served yesterday evening, I’d have to say that our dessert course was, by far, my favorite.

You’re not surprised, are you? Winking smile

That right there was a Nectarine-Basil Crisp with a serving of Frozen Berry Yogurt. Oh. My. God. The crisp topping was so buttery and yummy. I polished off the whole thing noooo problem.

Our group was at EVOO for probably a little over three hours, and there was never a dull moment. We had great conversation, a few – no, a TON – of good laughs, and some of the best food I ate all weekend.

Thank you again to Emily (shown with me below – hadn’t seen her since Blend!), Amy, and Ashley for hosting such an incredible dinner!

I think I can speak for the whole group when I say that it was most definitely a blast and honor to attend.

evoo

(photo courtesy of Ashley’s Instagram)

So much fun!

I’ll be back to fill you all in with the rest of my recaps tomorrow. Smile

1 Ash Bear August 19, 2012 at 7:00 pm

It was such a pleasure getting to know you better last night! I love finding out little known facts about people! How amazing was that food! I’m still dreaming of it!

2 Courtney August 20, 2012 at 9:30 am

Seriously, delicious food! But I loved the company – had so much fun getting to hang out with you! Hopefully we can do it again sooner than later :)

3 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 19, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Wow! Looks like it was a fantastic meal! Very fancy-schmancy and fun! :)
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..M²T³ Event: Brown Bell Pepper Bites

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Looks like such a fun evening!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..saturday morning

5 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 19, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Looks like such an amazing dinner and even better company! What a fun night! Looking forward to the rest of your recaps from the weekend :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Paleo/Primal High Protein Pizza

6 Khushboo August 19, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Greek yogurt heaven…I’m especially intrigued by the lobster!
Khushboo recently posted..Taste of Japan

7 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers August 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm

What a fun time! What a great meal! I just love Chobani!!! I want the recipes to those great dishes! The lobster and dessert look OUT of THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Weekly Recap

8 Leanne August 19, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I love this company even though I don’t know it very well (only through your blog-posts :p) and have never tried their products (can’t get it here) — it’s just the entire vibe is so good! This dinner looked amazing & a lot of fun.
Leanne recently posted..Quick & Easy Recipe for a Curry Zucchini Soup

9 Alyssa August 19, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I wish I could have gone! Thanks for the recaps Courtney! It looks like you’re having a blast :)
Alyssa recently posted..Why I Blog

10 Katelyn August 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm

That dessert was UN. REAL. The whole dinner was amazing, but until dessert I definitely still needed a little somethin’. Holy crap. BLOWN out of the water. Chobani couldn’t have done a better job!

11 Amber at Love, Laugh, Live Well August 19, 2012 at 9:04 pm

What a wonderful evening! Every single bit of it looked delicious. What a fun opportunity!
Amber at Love, Laugh, Live Well recently posted..One of the best things we’ve done….Rock Climbing in West Virginia!

12 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile August 19, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Such a great night! We definitely had an awesome group of bloggers.
The dessert was absolutely the best part. I pretty much died and went to heaven. Although, everything was amazing! I may have to steal some of your pics if you don’t mind! :D
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..HLS Part Two

13 Courtney August 20, 2012 at 9:32 am

Go for it :)

14 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily August 19, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I can’t even remember the last time I had lobster, but that lobster has me wanting it ASAP! Looks like a great meal!
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Home away from home {Part 2}

15 Ellie@Fit for the Soul August 19, 2012 at 9:38 pm

omgness that lobster and lamb dish look to die for!!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Fashion {non} Haul and Technology

16 Alison August 19, 2012 at 10:37 pm

That looks so fun and amazing!! The lobster and the dessert look especially intriguing ;) What a wonderful opportunity y’all had!

17 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 19, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Lobster and vanilla yogurt – that sounds awesome in a “how-the-hell-did-they-come-up-with-that” sort of way!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The “Tan Ban”.

18 Courtney August 20, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hahaha…I was thinking the same exact thing!

19 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 19, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Looks like such a fun dinner! I LOVE those folks at Chobani! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Sweet Tooth Gone Wild

20 Alicia August 20, 2012 at 12:15 am

I have to say that the lamb looked amazing…I really want to try it. Don’t suppose they want to give out the recipes for it! lol
Alicia recently posted..Daily Stats: 25, 26 & 27!

21 Courtney August 20, 2012 at 9:33 am

Hahaha…no luck on that one ;)

22 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 20, 2012 at 1:30 am

Dessert would have definitely been my favourite! I haven’t had breakfast yet and now I’m craving soft serve!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Fruity Sweet Carrot Parfait

23 silver price August 20, 2012 at 3:10 am

Went here for restaurant week last night and it was the best restaurant week meal I have ever had. (I have probably done RW maybe 8-10 times. Mistral was also an excellent choice for it.)All four of us had a different dish for each of the 3 courses and we all loved what we had. The service was great too, a little slow (as can be expected during RW), but knowledgeable. I started out with rabbit pierogies with pickled vegetables and a mustard sour cream sauce. Delicious! Crispy, tangy, savory and had cute little micro greens. Great all around.For dinner I had the chicken breast with a peppery sauce, a goat cheese and caramelized onion enchilada, and fried sweet potatoes. Amazing flavors. The waiter also nicely looked into the pasteurization of the goat cheese for me since I am pregnant. I got a couple yummy virgin mojitos.For dessert I had the apple crisp with salted caramel ice cream on top. Also amazing. Best dessert I have had in a while. I left stuffed! I also tried my husband’s truffle cake. Decadent.Highly recommend. Pretty nice atmosphere too. Parking was tough. We had to resort to an $8 garage.
silver price recently posted..No last blog posts to return.

24 Miz August 20, 2012 at 6:01 am

SO SO COOL.
and me?
I was seriously excited when CHOBANI tweeted one of my posts last week :-)
Miz recently posted..It’s summer junk food DETOX time!

25 Jane August 20, 2012 at 6:54 am

What a fun dinner…amazing! Wonderful.
Jane recently posted..fine art digital printing

26 Lauren August 20, 2012 at 9:23 am

I’m still having dreams about that dessert! Loved the dinner but loved the company even more! :)
Lauren recently posted..HLS 2012 {Day ONE} Reuniting

27 Courtney August 20, 2012 at 9:34 am

I’d have to say that I 100% agree with that statement. AND, I talked to Jay last night about a PA trip…he sounded interested! :-D

28 Caitlin August 20, 2012 at 10:34 am

What a great time! I’m so glad we were at the same table. The last picture is too cute. Thanks for snapping that nice one of my side of the table as well. I’m so glad we got to hang out again this weekend!
Caitlin recently posted..Barcelona Patio Party!

29 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 20, 2012 at 11:37 am

This dinner looks amazing! I was laughing a little on Saturday night when I saw about 10 pictures of that dessert come over my Instagram feed! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Product Review: Vega Energizing Smoothie

30 Elaine August 20, 2012 at 1:14 pm

That dinner looks amazing! I’ve been searching for new and different ways to use greek yogurt, and those dishes definitely gave me some inspiration. Thanks for sharing :)
Elaine recently posted..Salmon Patties

31 Bek @ Crave August 21, 2012 at 7:03 am

Looks like a great time- thanks for sharing :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Road to happiness

32 Elizabeth August 21, 2012 at 10:22 am

That dinner was the perfect way to wind down HLS! The first course was my favorite, but the dessert was a very close second. ;-) Loved seeing you this weekend; hope your week’s off to a great start.
Elizabeth recently posted..Today: Photo booths, popcorn, and people. {#HLS12 Part I}

33 Melissa August 22, 2012 at 10:24 am

Dinner was absolutely amazing! Dessert was by far my favorite course – I’m already trying to figure out how I can recreate it at home :)
Melissa recently posted..Healthy Living Summit 2012