Holy moly – it’s already 3:30? Where the heck did today go? I’ve been running around so much that I completely lost track of time and didn’t get a chance to check back in with you all this afternoon. Yikes.
I’m feeling a bit all over the place today, with lots of random stuff to share…so you know what that means!
Full of Tangents, Take 11
- I came across these Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses at the store yesterday.
Now I’m actually starting to get excited about fall…but at the same time, I’m not ready to close the pool either. Hmmph.
- I was so incredibly thankful for the fact that I had my own car to drive home from HLS this weekend and didn’t have to worry about transportation.
Otherwise, I think I would have run in to a few snafus…
- For the past two days, I’ve been diggin’ snack plates that look similar to this one.
Ants on a log? You know it! When’s the last time you had some of those?
- Another snack I had today? A chopped up banana with some peanut butter.
I think I was feeling very Tina-esque on that one. It’s a great snack.
- I painted my nails yesterday, which really should have done before I went away this weekend. Oops.
I picked up this bottle of Venique yesterday from the store that my mom gets all of her hair supplies from (love how much cheaper everything is there!). The color is called ‘Step in my Blade!’ and I love it.
- Cody has really taken a liking to my new desk.
He’s literally up here with my every day. And if he’s not laying down right there, he’s got his butt in my face right in front of the computer screen. Ohh, my little fur ball.
- Today is my mother-in-law’s birthday! Happy Birthday, Rosemary! Jay and I have our softball game tonight but I still wanted to be able to celebrate, so I offered to bake her a cake.
I’m getting a little bored with making cupcakes, and I couldn’t even tell you when the last time was I baked an actual cake. I was so excited to get right into this thing!
So the cake? Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. Oh yes. Similar to my favorite PB Cup Cupcakes…but better. WAY better.
I started with a box of devil’s food cake mix. Prepared it as directed, but also added in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Then, I made a batch of this peanut butter mousse filling, courtesy of my HLS roomie, Alicia.
On top of the layer of peanut butter mousse filling went about 6 chopped, fun size Reese’s pb cups, then the other layer of cake.
Once the cake was assembled, it was time to get it frosted. I used the recipe off the back of the Hershey’s cocoa powder box, which can be found HERE. Super easy to make.
To jazz it up a bit, I chopped up about five more peanut butter cups and (very carefully) added them along the sides of the frosted cake. Then I cut five more Reese’s pb cups in half and placed them around the top of the cake.
Voila. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake.
Let’s just say that I’m hoping tonight’s softball game goes by REAL fast.