Until Then

by Courtney on August 21, 2012

Mornin’ friends! How’s it going?

I just finished up one heck of a delicious breakfast, but I’ll get to that in just a sec…

Since Jay had a softball game last night, dinner around here was – once again – of the “quick and easy” variety. I really do love softball, I swear. But I’m looking forward to having my evenings back and having the time to make some real meals.

Until then, dinner looks a lot like this.

Not that it didn’t taste good…it was actually pretty delicious. I used a whole wheat Flat Out flatbread (<—love these, by the way!) and filled it up with some honey mustard, lettuce, deli ham, pickles, and avocado.

Shortly after I finished that, I was out the door. Unfortunately, the guys lost their game so that team is done for the season. Tonight we have a co-ed game though, so we’ll see what happens…we’re into the semi-finals right now!

By the time we got home from the game I was ready for something else to eat…and I knew exactly what I wanted.

Earlier in the day, I ended up coming across this recipe on Pinterest for Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. I had some bananas that desperately needed to be used up AND I had just picked up a bag of mini chocolate chips at the store yesterday morning.

Fate? I think so. Winking smile

I had a generous slice last night (topped with a little Nutella – don’t even get me started) and then made sure to include another big ‘ol slice with today’s breakfast.

I went the peanut butter route this morning – always a good choice.

Along with my chocolaty, sweet slice of banana bread, I balanced it out with a veggie-filled egg scramble. Today’s scramble included 2 eggs, about 3 cups(!) of fresh spinach, some diced tomatoes, and lotsa ketchup.

Everything was miiiiighty tasty this morning.

I’ve got a busy day ahead of me…time to get to work!

Random Question for the Morning:

Given the choice, would you rather go back in time to change a part of your life, or would you skip forward to a certain part of your future?

1 Jenn August 21, 2012 at 9:18 am

back in time.. maybe I could have avoided getting mono (and that guy altogether) as soon as I started college!

also, if you think Nutella is amazing ON banana bread… you should add it to the recipe. Nutella-swirl banana bread is one amazing breakfast/lunch/dinner/anytime addition :)

2 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 21, 2012 at 9:21 am

Oh my, banana chocolate chip bread sounds divine right now, especially topped with some PB!!

I am not sure whether to wish you luck or not on your soft ball game tonight?! I know you enjoy the games but like you said, it will be nice to have your evenings back.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Surpisingly Good Subway Salad

3 Ashlee August 21, 2012 at 9:24 am

I have a peanut butter banana bread recipe I printed from pint rest that I have been wanting to make – maybe I will take some bananas out of the freezer. Yours looks yummy.

4 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 21, 2012 at 9:25 am

Flatout bread is definitely my favorite!!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..5k Goal Met!

5 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 21, 2012 at 9:29 am

I would probably choose to go back in time to re-live college :)
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..C25K Week 4 Recap

6 Nicole @ Simply Nicole August 21, 2012 at 9:31 am

Love banana bread! Chiquita Banana makes a boxed version thats great for last minute. I never had it with choc. chips (shocking, i know). I’m actually not a big fan unless its in a cookie.
Nicole @ Simply Nicole recently posted..Energy Boosters

7 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third August 21, 2012 at 9:33 am

Breakfast looks awesome! I honestly don’t think I’d do either… I’d rather just keep everything as is! :)

8 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 21, 2012 at 9:36 am

I’m always in a rush to the future so I’d probably leap forward a little! What about you? Banana bread always makes for an amazing breakfast..I had a big hunk of a slice with almond butter this morning :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Discovering the Tennis Ball

9 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 21, 2012 at 9:39 am

I’d never heard of that blog before; thanks for sharing the link!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Quiet Weekend

10 Elaine August 21, 2012 at 9:41 am

I think back in time. As much as I’m looking forward to whatever the future has to hold, I would hate to miss out on anything that happens in between now and then. I really believe that all events, good and bad, teach us lessons and make us the person that we are supposed to be. So while I would probably go back and change a few mistakes, I’m quite alright knowing that each of those mistakes has made me a better, stronger, smarter person. Ok, I’m done with my motivation speech for the morning :)
Elaine recently posted..S’mores Oatmeal

11 Kelli August 21, 2012 at 9:49 am

I would definitely go back in time and change a few key choices. Essentially starting college over. I still think I learned a lot from my mistakes. However, a little less bumpy college and grad school experience with an emotionally abusive boyfriend would have been great!

12 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 21, 2012 at 9:56 am

I need to make more bread! There is nothing better than having fresh bread in the house!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Finally Some Wedding Plans

13 Sam @ The Real Pretty August 21, 2012 at 10:22 am

I can’t help but wish that my co-ed team could play against yours! But we would have to meet somewhere between NY and TX…
Sam @ The Real Pretty recently posted..The Most Handsome in All of the Land

14 Katy August 21, 2012 at 10:23 am

I would definitely go back in time and go to culinary school. I would love to spend the rest of my life in a kitchen making people happy through food. :-)
Katy recently posted..‘Till I Collapse…

15 Shannon August 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

What are you waiting for??? You still have time to accomplish and live your dream! :)

16 Shannon August 21, 2012 at 10:28 am

I wouldn’t choose either answer to that question. I think what happens in the past of your life should stay what it is. Every action you take results in a lesson being learned. Those lessons help you to evolve into the person that you are today. I want to be surprised at my future. I don’t want to know what career I’ll be working at, who I’ll marry or who I am in the future.

The only part of my future that I would like to see is if I keep up with anyone from my high school class.

17 Laura Lea August 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

Omg yummm that bread looks amazing! I LOVE baking something at night and being able to look forward to it the next morning!
Laura Lea recently posted..Hey, at Yeast it Tastes Good!

18 Alyssa August 21, 2012 at 10:29 am

I think I would probably skip to a part in my future. Yea I would miss some things, but I wouldn’t want to change my past for fear of losing the people and moments that mean alot to me because of a certain decision.
Alyssa recently posted..Running Playlist

19 Faith @ The Cheap Girl's Guide to Chic August 21, 2012 at 10:36 am

I would go back – to college, when life was easy! I wouldn’t change anything, though…just relive it and make myself slow down and savor every single day because things just seem to be getting more complicated from there on out!
Faith @ The Cheap Girl’s Guide to Chic recently posted..Cheap Girl’s Closet: J.Crew flower art applique tee {+ What to check for when buying secondhand clothing}

20 Steph @ StephSnacks August 21, 2012 at 10:37 am

I had an omelette similar to yours this morning! It keeps me super full until lunch. Love it!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..A Weekend in Long Island

21 Jenn August 21, 2012 at 10:41 am

great question! I rather relive my college years!

22 Rachel August 21, 2012 at 10:46 am

Hmmm possibly go back in time just cause there are some things I think I could have handled differently lol Breakfast looks great! I can’t wait to start making pumpkin bread :)
Rachel recently posted..Funky Face

23 Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life August 21, 2012 at 11:08 am

Yay! I’m so glad you found and LOVED my banana bread :) It was definitely meant to be since you had mini chocolate chips in the house!! Funny thing – I was just on your blog for the first time YESTERDAY, after reading A Dash of Meg’s HLS recap post… 2 days in a row, could be the start of a wonderful habit :)
Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life recently posted..Tuesday Tutes & Loot #TTL2: How to Make Tamales

24 Katie August 21, 2012 at 11:19 am

Ooo that’s tough. I would like to go back in time so I could pursue studying nutrition rather than business like I did and possibly not make a few bad decisions that I’ve made. But I guess all those things made me who I am today. I’d also love to skip a couple years to see where I am in the future though.

When it comes down to it, yes, I’d like to go back in time or skip to the future, but I don’t want to change the present too much or miss out on any experiences that will lead to a potentially awesome future.
Katie recently posted..Weird Foods You Need to Try

25 Vasu August 21, 2012 at 11:31 am

Hey! This may sound silly – but how do you do your scramble? Do you cook the veggies first then add the eggs? Thanks! Love your blog!

26 Courtney August 21, 2012 at 11:36 am

Most of the time, I do the veggies first then add the eggs! Today I cooked the spinach then added the eggs and tomatoes :)

27 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 21, 2012 at 11:58 am

Banana chocolate chip bread sounds like the perfect compliment to breakfast! You always have the best baked treats ever :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Peach Blueberry Summer Salad

28 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat August 21, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Def go back and change some things- Knowing what I know now, I would set myself up for guaranteed success for the future!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Chicken Lentil Soup

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm

That’s a hard question!

I think I’d be afraid of both personally – either going back in time and trying to fix a bad situation and accidentally make it worse, or go forward and miss out on the possibility of some great memories.

So I don’t think I really have an answer for you today!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..I’m Not Actually Angry, I Swear.

30 Khushboo August 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I would go back into time, especially when it came to choosing my major at college!
Khushboo recently posted..Always Time for a Quickie: Tabatas

31 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I would skip forward, and not so much to find out what I’m doing but to confirm I’m happy with all of the decisions I’ve made. Thing is, I hate having regrets and in fact, I don’t allow myself to have them so I wouldn’t even want to go back and change something about my life. If anything, I’d want to go back in time and tell my past self to brace yourself for change and know that ultimately, it’s all going to work out.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Yesterday

32 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Hmm…I’ve got some very overripe bananas hanging out in my freezer. I think this bread might be in my future!

What an interesting question! I’d have to say I’d go back to spring of my freshman year of college and change which dorm I chose to live in my sophomore year. I intentionally sacrificed a positive social atmosphere for the dorm with great amenities (i.e.: air conditioning), and it was one of the worst decisions of my college career, hands down. I was miserable and isolated that entire year, and I really can’t think of one positive thing that happened because I chose to live where I lived. Living in a dorm with a more positive atmosphere would’ve completely altered my college experience. I really wish that I could look back on my college career and say I enjoyed the majority of it, rather than just the last two years, and I think living in a different dorm would’ve made that possible.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..No Time For Excuses

33 michelle kim August 21, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I try to enjoy every moment, and I like surprises, so I probably wouldn’t skip ahead to the future.
I would go back in time not to change something but to relive a certain experience :)
michelle kim recently posted..Skin Care

34 Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit August 21, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I wouldn’t go back in time to change anything, but rather go back to re-live my wedding day. It was absolutely perfect and the best day of my life but it went so fast. I’d love to just re-live it, doing it all exactly the same way as the 1st time.
Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit recently posted..Happy Monday + Grilled sweet potatoes

35 RunEatRepeat August 21, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Go back in time!!!!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Margarita Monday and Tequila Tuesday

36 Lisa August 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm

That bread looks scrumptious! Must make.
Ohhh tough call. I’d love to say go back in time, but then my life wouldn’t be where it is right now and could be completely different and I’m pretty darn fine with how things are right now. So, I guess I’d skip to the future because I’d love to know what certain parts of my life are going to be like in a few years!
Lisa recently posted..The Simple Things-The Rest

37 Jentry Nielsen August 21, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Oh I can totally relate! My boyfriend has been playing 3 nights a week, one night we are on a co-ed team, and as much as I love watching and playing, I am excited to have some real dinners again! ha
That banana bread looks so delicious!
Jentry Nielsen recently posted..Race-day Nutrition Tips for Runners

38 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files August 21, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Banana bread is the best to have around! I can’t even imagine how good that must of tasted with nutella on top Gah!!!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..HLS Part 2: Crossfit + Sessions!

39 Lauren August 21, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Girl you and this bread! I love that you always whip up a loaf of homemade bread to keep on hand. Ah, it looks delicious!!
Lauren recently posted..The Rotten Banana {Banana Raspberry “Cheesecake” Oats}

40 Bek @ Crave August 22, 2012 at 1:34 am

If I had to I’d go back in time because life is already short enough- so I don’t want to fast forward it. Ps. That bread- yum!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Done and dusted

41 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets August 22, 2012 at 9:33 am

Wow, good question! As cheezy as it sounds, I’d probably pause time & stay right where I am :) I love my 20s!
Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets recently posted..Weekend Recap

42 Trisha August 23, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Flat Out is just the best, isn’t it?!
Trisha recently posted..Thirsty Thursday: Gloria Skinny Jeans