That Little Chill

Good news…the cake was a success! And I think for the first time ever, the entire cake got eaten, which made me so very happy.

I really wish I had grabbed my camera to take a picture of it once it was sliced, but judging by all of your birthday requests, it looks like I may have to make that bad boy more than once. Winking smile

The funny part about it was that our whole softball team was sat on the bleachers after the game (which we lost, boo) at about 9:30pm and ate it there. A little different, right? But super fun.

I thoroughly enjoyed my piece, but I think I’m now peanut buttered OUT for a little while. Whew.

*****

Workout

First thing this morning, I pulled out the yoga mat and got in a really great workout.

I was originally planning on doing a yoga DVD, but I was really in the mood for some core, glute, and hip work so I flipped on our Sportskool channel on tv and was lucky enough to come across a Core Yoga Pilates video.

The video was 58 minutes long, and I totally loved it. It was very low impact and I never broke a sweat (partially because our windows were open and the mornings around here are absolutely awesome), but I could really feel the burn. Very similar to the Rock Bottom class I took a few times. I loved the change of pace, and I think I’ll probably be adding this workout into the weekly rotation.

Post-workout, it was breakfast tiiiiime.

That little chill in the air this morning was enough to prompt me to make a hot pot of coffee. When I’m drinking coffee at home, I’ve realized I actually enjoy it hot more than iced, but if I’m getting it out, I like iced better. That weird?

For breakfast, I went with a bowl of Mixed Berry French Toast Oatmeal.

Filled with lots and lots of strawberries and blueberries, and topped with some Love Grown Foods granola.

I don’t know…first the pumpkin spice Hershey kisses, now the comforting, hot breakfast? I think I may be starting to crave some fall-like weather more than I thought.

Question for the Morning:

What’s your ideal weather? Hot? Cold?

I’m actually loving it right now – I like mid-high 70’s or 80 during the day with cooler evening temps in the 50’s. Perfect for snuggling. Winking smile

Comments

The perfect weather would be high 60’s to low 70’s in the am and low to mid 80’s in the afternoon!! I live in a very HOT climate so I am always a bit jealous of those who get the 80’s in the Summer. Of course, in the Winter I am happy to be planted in the South!!

I agree with the coffee!! Iced coffee is better purchased and hot coffee is better made at home. I wonder why that is?!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Flexitarian Diet and WIAW #10

i love when the temperature is in the 70s during the day with cool nights as well!! i feel like it’s quickly turning into fall cause i could’ve sworn it was like 95 degrees recently and now it has cooled off so much! yay i can’t wait for more pumpkin in my life.

3. kelsey says

I found myself in a debate with someone complaining of shorter days. But shorter days = Fall= Halloween!!! It took every ounce of my will power not to buy everything in the Halloween section of the craft store.

I like cool temperatures in the morning- 50s to 60s- and I feel that nice cool breeze through the living room window on my legs as I’m typing this comment. I can’t get enough of it! :)

In the daytime, I like 70s- low to mid. When it gets into the 80 degree mark to up to 90 degrees, I start to hate Mother Nature. A lot.

When I woke up, I immediately thought of your Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cake. I’m happy that it turned out to be a success. I mean, when are your baked goods ever NOT a success?!?

I am jealous of your temps! I love that kind of weather or colder. I’m a snow girl! Bring it on and lots of it. Sadly, Savannah never has snow. The last time it snowed was a little over 2 years ago and before that was nothing but flurries. They say the last time it snowed here and stuck to the ground was close to 20 years ago. That’s CRAZY! I must move. hahaha!
    Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Oh My Knee and Speed Work

I’m the same way when it comes to ordering coffee on the go. I think that when I’m out and about I want it cold so I can drink and get back to getting errands done (it’s always piping hot when you get it from coffee shops and takes forever to cool). When at home I want a hot brew to cuddle in a blanket with or sit in the sun on the porch and relax.

My ideal weather? Mornings in the high 50’s/low 60’s (perfect for running) and then a high of 80 for the day. We’ve had a few days like that lately and I love it!
    Amber at Love, Laugh, Live Well recently posted..One of the best things we’ve done….Rock Climbing in West Virginia!

7. Alison says

I am so excited for fall!! Sweaters and boots alllll the way.
    I usually prefer cold over hot but this year (since our AC broke down) I think that might be changing…I’m getting used to hot weather.
    Nevertheless, the weather here has been PERFECT. Just went outside to check the mail and the temperature is just right, it barely felt like I stepped outside!

I used to think I would always love hot weather until I moved to Florida! Now I’m a little sad thinking that I won’t have a legit fall like I’m used to up North. That cake looks amazing!

I completely agree with you on ideal weather. These past few days have been absolutely perfect in Chicago — sunny, high 70s, but 50s at night. I’m in love. Unfortunately, I think that’s all only going to last through like today or tomorrow before the heat and humidity return…boo :(
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Immobile

I was trying to wait until at least September to break out the fall ingredients but I just can’t! Pumpkin has already made its way into oats this week. Thanks for the heads-up about that yoga video-I can’t wait to check it out!
    Shana recently posted..Photo Pop

Hi Courtney! That cake looks amazing! So does your breakfast! I’m looking for some great videos to follow along also. What you did sounds perfect! As I ended my gym membership, I’m not used to working out by myself. I already miss those group classes, but they’re way too high intensity for me. I’m with you. Temp around 70s sounds perfect! Love the fall weather when I can throw on a cardigan, a cute scarf, boots..and I’m good to go ;). I love snuggling too. Everyone’s celebrating around here bc the high’s ONLY going to be 95. Yipee..still hot.
    Min recently posted..Day 2 of HLS ’12

I usually like it around 60 degrees.
    Hey! When I glanced at the picture of the Yoga Pilates picture, the girl in the middle looked like you! It would be so cool if you had your own workout DVD :)
    michelle kim recently posted..Family Reunion

I’ve totally been embracing the fall like weather recently…sadly the weather has really started cooling down where I live, but I also really love autumn so kind of excited for that!
    I’m excited to break into my sample stash of love grown since I’ve never tried it! I think tomorrow I’ll top my oats with it:)
    Lisa recently posted..Back To The Basics

14. Kim says

I love cold weather!!! Fall is my favorite time of year. I am a figure skater though… So I need experienced much summer heat. I also love iced coffee, even when I’m home I’ll make a pot and have a small cup hot then put the rest in the fridge!
    Kim recently posted..Making It Happen

Trackbacks

1. […] to see that end. Plus, it means that summer is coming to a close which, despite the fact that I said I’m ready for fall weather, I’m still not quite ready for summer to end […]