Lunch Date at B-Rad’s

by Courtney on August 23, 2012

YAY for impromptu lunch dates with my man!

Late this morning, I had to make a quick stop at the hospital to visit my grandma (aka, “2’Nana’s” as I call her – long story). She was admitted on Tuesday and from what it sounds like, she actually had a mild heart attack. Luckily, she seems to be doing really well and is already on the mend. Thank goodness!

So shortly after I left the hospital, I got a call from Jay asking if I wanted to meet him for lunch. We had talked about it this morning before he left for work, but since his schedule is always all over the place, he had to wait to see what was up. Lucky for me, today turned out to be a good day!

I went and met up with him in downtown Troy at a new spot we’ve been dying to try, B-Rad’s Bistro.

Our friend, Brad, who actually used to be the chef at the Park Pub (which I’ve mentioned on here a few times like for Joe & Kate’s rehearsal dinner) just opened it up recently, and we’d already heard really great things.

Once we got there, we checked out the menu, ordered at the counter, then went and grabbed a table outside.

IMG_4130IMG_4131

Perfect weather for dining al fresco today!

About 10 minutes later, if that, our food arrived…and woah baby.

Jay ordered the Caprese Sandwich, which came with chicken, balsamic marinated tomatoes, fresh basil, roasted garlic spread, pesto, and fresh mozzarella on ciabatta bread.

For a side, Jay decided to get one of their specials for the day – buffalo chicken potato salad. Does that not sound wild or what? It was super good.

I ordered the Grilled Marinated Chicken Wrap, which came with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and lots of melted provolone cheese.

I opted for one of their other side specials for the day, which was a tomato, cucumber, and red onion salad, which was topped with some sort of dressing and feta cheese. It was delicious.

And since Jay and I had been having a hard time deciding on the menu (nothing new there!) we shared. Smile

The two of us both left lunch extremely stuffed. This is definitely much larger of a lunch than I would typically eat at home, so I have a feeling it’s going to hold me over quite well through the afternoon.

Such a great time! Now it’s back to work for this gal…catch ya later gators!

1 Sana August 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I hope your grandmother feels better soon.
Sana recently posted..Tiny Portions+Smoothie Fail

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 23, 2012 at 1:47 pm

oh gosh, that wrap looks amazing! I haven’t had a wrap in forever, I need to just make one! I haven’t found anywhere that offers gluten free wraps, but someone should!!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

3 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 23, 2012 at 1:49 pm

My DH and I always share dishes too – we can never make up our minds!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Hiking and Produce

4 Ellie August 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I’ve never heard of a potato combo like that! It sounds delicious~and that really must be something! Visiting the eatery a close person opens up :)

5 Sejal M August 23, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I hope your grandma feels better soon. Thise sandwiches are making my mouth water! Also, a quick question, just because I’m curious. When you say ‘back to work’ do you mean at the gym or home? I feel like I don’t see you mentiokn your PT ay the gym anymore? Just wondering :)

6 Courtney August 23, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Today it was back to work at home :)

7 Brandi August 23, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I hope your grandmother is feeling better! That’s scary!

Whoa! That food looks amazing!

8 Amanda August 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I hope your grandmother is feeling better! :)
Amanda recently posted..Cheesy Squash and Zucchini Casserole

9 Rachel August 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Food looks great :) I like the sharing idea lol hope your grandmother is feeling better!
Rachel recently posted..Sweatpants Weather

10 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 23, 2012 at 2:52 pm

The food looks divine and I’m glad to hear your grandmother is doing well!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Welcome Back, Students!

11 Sam @ The Real Pretty August 23, 2012 at 3:07 pm

So glad that your 2′Nanas is ok! My dad had a heart attack last year so I know how scary it can be.

Also, when I first saw that potato salad I totally thought it was a HUGE crabcake. Yum!
Sam @ The Real Pretty recently posted..The Heart Attack That Wasn’t

12 Born27 August 23, 2012 at 3:18 pm

It sounds delicious~and that really must be something! Visiting the eatery a close person opens up. Thanks for sharing.
Born27 recently posted..Privacy Policy

13 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction August 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I hope your nana feels better real soon!!! You look so cute in your glasses btw!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..#HLS12 Recap Day 2

14 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm

That caprese sandwich looks unreal! Actually, all of the food looks unreal. Glad your grandma is getting better!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Glad to hear that your grandmother ended up being ok!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 24 + Happy “Birthday” Stewie

16 Andrea @ Vegvacious August 23, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Wishing your grandma a very speedy recovery!

Those lunches look awesome!
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..In the Mood for Comfort Food

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 23, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Yum! You’re making me so hungry!! I love places that have creative new twists on old classics!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The easiest and most delicious pasta recipe ever.

18 Annette@FitnessPerks August 23, 2012 at 4:55 pm

That food looks awesome!! Your side salad with feta does sound delicious.

Best well wishes to your grandma!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..From Sweet to Salty

19 Sarah B. August 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I’ve been opting to share my meals a ton lately. Ive been craving carbs and a colorful produce so I’ll suggest splitting two things, like a wrap and salad. It’s the best of both worlds!
Sarah B. recently posted..Recharge Your Running Routine

20 Min August 23, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I’m glad that she’s doing ok! How scared you must’ve been! I’m glad you two got to go on a lunch date together on a weekday! We haven’t done that in ages!
Min recently posted..Part 2 In the Kona Series

21 Chase August 23, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Glad to hear your grandmother is doing ok!
Chase recently posted..Ballston Farmers Market

22 Lauren August 23, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Love lunch dates with the hubby. I think I have one scheduled for tomorrow. :)
Lauren recently posted..The Season for Salads

23 Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 23, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Glad to hear that she is doing okay Courtney, I wish her all the best! What a lovely lunch date you had too, both of those dishes look phenomenal!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..WIAW- Were You Watching Me?

24 Sydney August 23, 2012 at 10:59 pm

that salad looks to die for! I would love to know the kind of dressing on it
Sydney recently posted..Hump Day

25 Brooke @ Pretty In Protein August 23, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Feta makes anything taste AMAZING!
Brooke @ Pretty In Protein recently posted..Whole30 Days 1-5. Photos and recipes!

26 Donna Spears August 23, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I am glad to hear that every thing went well with your grandma!
but your date was really awesome! The meals seems really good to the mouth.
I hope my hubby could take me there too!
Donna Spears recently posted..Introducing the Renovators Range of Solid Timber Doors

27 Hannah Robinson August 24, 2012 at 12:11 am

That food looks so delicious. I am drooling over it right now. I hope your grandma gets better soon.
Hannah Robinson recently posted..kimkardashiantaped.com

28 Khushboo Thadani August 24, 2012 at 12:33 am

Glad your grandma is doing better! And woah on Jay’s sandwich…that looks INTENSE (in a good way)!!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Eating healthily on board

29 Ksenija @ Health Ninja August 24, 2012 at 6:42 am

Your glasses are amazing – I am a proud owner of a pair of neird glasses, but I plan to get one more decent pair soon and yours is a real inspiration ;) .

btw – great idea to just share your meals! Sadly my bf and me just do not have the same taste when it comes to restaurant meals.

30 Kath August 24, 2012 at 8:12 am

I love your top ! Where did you buy it !? :)

31 Courtney August 24, 2012 at 8:18 am

Thanks! It’s from Old Navy – from this past winter I believe :)

32 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 24, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I’m usually picky about potato salad – but a buffalo chicken version sounds amazing.

Although, I think buffalo chicken anything sounds amazing. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..It Was a Two Desserts Sort of Night.

33 Bek @ Crave August 24, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Yum looks good! My thoughts are with your grandma! Hope everything goes well for her :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Onwards & upwards