A Good Season

by Courtney on August 24, 2012

Welp…it’s about time to hang up the softball jersey for the season.

Last night’s game didn’t go as well as we’d hoped, and we ended up losing in the semi-finals to end our season. As happy as I am to have some of my evenings back, I always get sort of sad when softball season ends.

Our team has such a great time every year, so it’s always a bummer to see that end. Plus, it means that summer is coming to a close which, despite the fact that I said I’m ready for fall weather, I’m still not quite ready for summer to end either.

Ahh well. It was still a good season!

*****

This morning, I spent a little bit of time playing fetch with the Codester before making breakfast.

He started off strong, but then got way too distracted by noises that were coming from the window, so I lost him and his interest in fetch.

Fine by me…time to eat!

I poured myself a mug of hot coffee while I waited for my breakfast to cook.

Hey, did you guys know today is National Waffle Day? As soon as I found out, it made my breakfast decision a rather easy one. Winking smile

And I know I said no more waffle photos, but I snapped this one right before sitting down to my computer so it was all good. Things still stayed nice and warm for me today!

On another note, I still can’t believe it’s already Friday. This week absolutely flew by for me…anyone else? I’m trying to convince Jay that we need a little date night tonight, but he says he needs to mow the lawn.

LAME.

Maybe I can get you guys to convince him for me…? Smile

*****

FYI: The winner of the $25 Visa gift card + Barilla pasta was chosen! Head on over to the original post to find out if it was you!

1 Elaine August 24, 2012 at 8:53 am

Oh, thanks for sharing that it’s National Waffle Day! That makes deciding my breakfast easy too :) Happy Friday!
Elaine recently posted..Arlington Bars

2 Khushboo Thadani August 24, 2012 at 8:53 am

Jay- if you take you’re wifey out tonight, chances are she will bake you cookies or cupcakes tomorrow….sounds like a good trade off to me! :-)
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Eating healthily on board

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third August 24, 2012 at 8:54 am

Mow the lawn?? On a Friday night?? Crazzzzyyyy! Enjoy your date night ;)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Looking forward to Fall & THANK YOU for making me smile.

4 Lindsey August 24, 2012 at 9:07 am

I did not know it was waffle day! I will not tell my husband or else I am sure that would be supper, waffles are his fav.
I am ready for fall too, but also not ready for summer to end!
Lindsey recently posted..21 Day Challenge

5 Shannon August 24, 2012 at 9:23 am

Maybe you should mow the lawn for him this afternoon? He wouldn’t have anything else to do later. Then, you’d get your date night. Seriously…who mows their lawn on a Friday night?!? Isn’t that what most people do on the weekends?

Good luck getting your date night! Great job on a good softball season. I wish I could eat waffles today- I have a bunch in the freezer. Unfortunately, I got my wisdom teeth out on Monday and I’m not sure if I’m up to eating chewy foods yet. I’m still on the soft food regimen.

6 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 24, 2012 at 9:33 am

Did you say that you cat fetches?!
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Cookie Dough Dip

7 Courtney August 24, 2012 at 9:38 am

Ohhh yes! He sure does, haha…I actually took a video of him before doing it: http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/06/28/candy-in-a-cup-a-mini-cody-video/

8 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 24, 2012 at 9:48 am

HA! Is he fetching a a little piece of plastic?

Neither my husband or I grew up with cats. When we started fostering for the animal shelter I asked my FB friends what kind of toys to buy for them. Everyone said to save my money and because they like boxes, bottle caps and crumpled sheets of paper ;)
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Cookie Dough Dip

9 Danica @ It's Progression August 24, 2012 at 9:42 am

I was hoping for a date night tonight too! I’m brainstorming a list of convincing reasons for the hubs :)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..things to share…

10 Rachel August 24, 2012 at 10:22 am

Mow the lawn??? That can wait ;)
Rachel recently posted..What I love about Friday!

11 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance August 24, 2012 at 10:26 am

You’re always on top of the food holidays!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #18 and Sorrel Urban Bistro Review

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 24, 2012 at 10:40 am

If I pretend the bagel I’m eating right now is a waffle, can we say I celebrated?
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Link-Up Party!

13 Courtney August 24, 2012 at 10:53 am

Wasn’t that Jay’s excuse last time, that got you to mow the lawn for him? Hmmm… methinks he’s onto something! ;-)

14 Jennifer @Peanut Butters and Peppers August 24, 2012 at 11:11 am

I am not ready for the summer to end, but I am looking forward to cooking with fall produce!! Have a great weekend!

15 Lili August 24, 2012 at 11:38 am

If he doesn’t take out.. Have a date w a
Friend..that’s what I’m doing..

16 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I had no idea it was national waffle day but now I feel like I must go make a Paleo waffle :) I’m very sad summer is ending too! I like the fall but nothing beats summer!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..The Easiest Bowl of Gluten Free Paleo Pasta You’ll Ever Make

17 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’m the same way about summer/fall. I go back and forth on which one I like more and I’m aways depressed when summer is over but happy that it’s fall. It’s a struggle, I tell ya :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Yellow Curry Recipe (kind of)

18 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 24, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Yes! This week flew by! It’s my last week before school starts so of course it passed a warp speed.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 24 + Happy “Birthday” Stewie

19 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily August 24, 2012 at 12:49 pm

This week did go by really fast, I can’t believe it’s Friday already!!! Have a great weekend :)
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shake

20 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat August 24, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Mowing the lawn only takes me 15 minutes, and if you have a big lawn it couldn’t take more than 25. I say mow the lawn first, then reward with date night! :)

Have a good one!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Sprint Workout

21 Ellie@fitforthesoul August 24, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Aww c’mon Jay, don’t be a party Poopa~hehe.
And finally I celebrated a food day correctly! (unknowingly) I had buckwheat waffles this morning and they were so delish drizzled with sunflower seed butter :D
Ellie@fitforthesoul recently posted..San Diego Adventures and More

22 Brittany @ readrunrepeat August 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Waffles day?? Sweet! That’s what I ate for breakfast!! Date nights are SO important!! (c’mon Jay!!! You know I’m right ;) ) got any good ideas for date night? I need one too!!
Brittany @ readrunrepeat recently posted..What I’m reading…

23 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 24, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Kinda wish I found that out before I ate breakfast – my waffle maker has been entirely too unused lately. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..It Was a Two Desserts Sort of Night.

24 Annette@FitnessPerks August 24, 2012 at 2:09 pm

MOW the lawn?!? That is lame. He can do that tomorrow–take your wife out tonight! ;) She’ll bake ya cookies probably too.

I wish I knew it had been nat’l waffle day…oh well, I’ll celebrate on Sunday I am sure.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Final Thoughts Before Half IronMan Race

25 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 24, 2012 at 4:14 pm

It was too late for me when I found out that it was waffle day. Oh well….I had a pb and egg white sandwhich, which was delicious. I’m all for the date night….much funner than mowing the lawn! Happy Friday!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..day 6 back-to-school snacks and I saved the best for last!!

26 Bek @ Crave August 24, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Ohh I like the touch of sultanas on the waffles for something different :) And the cute banana sandwich I can see in the background! Oh JAY! Don’t be borang! Go have a date night ;) <– Hope that helped a bit haha. Talking about seasons and weather we are coming out of winter now and into Spring- I am definitely ready :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Onwards & upwards