Roasted Green Beans and Steak Fajita Wraps

by Courtney on August 28, 2012

Goooooood morning! How are things shakin’ for everyone this morning?

We’ve got a little bit of rain that just finished up over here, which would normally make things feel quite cozy and comfy, but it’s so darn muggy! I don’t know what happened? Humidity always makes me feel just so…icky.

Last Night’s Dinner

Ooooo baby, was it a good one!

We had (and still do have) a good portion of steak leftover from Sunday’s dinner, so I decided to repurpose some of it last night with some grilled steak fajita wraps. I used a couple LaTortilla Factory wraps and filled them up with some thinly sliced steak, a slice of provolone cheese, sautéed peppers and onions, and a smear of guacamole.

Besides the fact that the guacamole was spicier than spicy (I bought a box of Wholly Guacamole snack packs and accidentally grabbed the spicy kind, and I’m a wimp when it comes to spicy food) these wraps were sooo good. To “grill” them, I simply placed them right into the sauté pan that the peppers and onions were in and let them crisp up on each side…just enough to make the insides warm and delicious.

On the side, I roasted up a batch of green beans (and ended up tossing some extra sautéed peppers and onions on top) that came out awesome.

The green beans were ridiculously easy to make…you ready for this?

Roasted Green Beans

• Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  • Toss ~1-2 lb green beans (already washed and trimmed) in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and 1/4-1/8 tsp garlic powder.
  • Spread evenly onto roasting pan lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes, until they just start to brown.

It was a great, great dinner, which left the boy (and me) very happy. Smile

*****

Breakfast

I was *this close* to having the same breakfast sammy I had yesterday, but after making one for Jay this morning (I’m on a roll, I’ll tell ya!) I decided I wasn’t in the mood.

I wanted waffles.

And look at me…I even took a picture of them – again – after I told you I wouldn’t.

I’m such a fibber.

Today I was back to Van’s waffles, and now I honestly can’t tell which ones I like better. These were good, but the last ones I had were just as good, cheaper, and had four more in the box. I don’t know…I think I may have to go back to my Eggo NutriGrain’s.

I feel like I’m going to be spending my entire day in the kitchen today. I have a few recipes to try out for a freelance piece I’m doing, and then I have to start making some cupcakes for Kathryn’s rehearsal dinner on Thursday (I’m so honored she asked me!). It’ll be very interesting to see what my food intake is like today. Winking smile

Oh, and as a side note? I am ridiculously sore from yesterday’s workout. Yes, from a 10 minute strength workout. Sayonara, strength and stamina!

Question for the Morning:

What’s the last meal you made that was a great success for all?

1 Khushboo Thadani August 28, 2012 at 9:00 am

Looook at you getting ahead of Waffle Wednesday :)! Love roasted green beans but have you tried roasted cauliflower? If not, get on it riiiight now…they taste so good! But then again, what roasted doesn’t taste good!!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..2012 resolutions…revisited

2 Alyssa August 28, 2012 at 9:06 am

LOVE everything involving Peanut butter and bananas! And I might just have to try this meal suggestion :)
Alyssa recently posted..Best Acne Remedies

3 Blog is the New Black August 28, 2012 at 9:11 am

These look flipping delish!!!

4 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 28, 2012 at 9:12 am

I love roasted green beans. And right now I can get some from a local farm. So good.

My last success for all was a shredded brussels sprouts recipe that I just posted. I wasn’t sure what my husband would think about me shredding up all the sprouts, and serving a dish that way–and frankly, I wasn’t sure either. I like my brussels sprouts just fine the way they are. But turned out to be great! And a nice change from the usual! We’ll definitely have it that way again.
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Eek–I almost broke my food processor!

5 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance August 28, 2012 at 9:22 am

I’ve actually never made green beans but I recently realized that I like almost any veggie roasted with garlic salt so I bet those would be right on target for me! I made parmesan yogurt tilapia and risotto last night for my Mom’s birthday dinner and everyone loved it :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Uchi Houston Review

6 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie August 28, 2012 at 9:26 am

I made roasted green beans last night too! Roasted veggies are my fave!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Family Weekend Recap

7 Elaine August 28, 2012 at 9:27 am

That steak fijita looks sooo good! I usually don’t get steak at the grocery store, but I might have to make an exception this week to try that out. And I love, love, love roasted vegetables. I recently made this Roasted Asparagus with Healthy Hollandaise Sauce and it was a huge success!

Elaine recently posted..Preacher Cookies Remix

8 chelcie @ chelcie's food files August 28, 2012 at 9:30 am

i’m jealous that you get to spend all day in the kitchen, i love cooking so that sounds like my kind of day!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..To-do lists + Recent Eats

9 Elaine August 28, 2012 at 9:30 am

*fajita. Looks like I need another cup of coffee lol
Elaine recently posted..Preacher Cookies Remix

10 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness August 28, 2012 at 9:33 am

That dinner looks amazing! I’m always looking for new ways to change up my veggies so I will have to try this out!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..A Treat on Tuesday: G Free S’mores Rice Kripsy Treats!

11 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 28, 2012 at 9:36 am

I always fail when making wraps – I inevitably over-stuff them and they fall apart during the “wrapping” stage. Yours look perfectly grilled! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Cooking for a Carnivore (As a Vegetarian)

12 Katie @wishandwhimsy August 28, 2012 at 9:37 am

My last meal success is actually the recipe on my blog today. I LOVED it so much, I thought I’d share it. It’s for No Sugar Added, No Flour Banana & Strawberry Oat “Muffins”. You can make them in 2 mins. Easy!
Katie @wishandwhimsy recently posted..Running Lessons & Breakfast “Muffins” {NEW Recipe}

13 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } August 28, 2012 at 9:40 am

I made tarts for the first time last weekend and my bf and I *loved* them! Zucchini, goat cheese and tomato …. drooling just thinking about them!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Rain, Running & other Random things

14 Beks August 28, 2012 at 9:41 am

I need to make roasted green beans. Like this week. :-)

Last meal I made that was an epic success was yesterday. I made Paleo banana pancakes (1 banana, 1 egg, 2T Almond butter), and they turned out so fabulous I decided to make them again today. Today, I made them with PB, as I was out of AB, and they fell apart. Still tasty, just not pretty. And I’m surprised how FILLING they were! :-)

15 Claire August 28, 2012 at 9:51 am

My boyfriend, Nick, and I made dinner together on Sunday and it was a success! He’s from a VERY Italian family, so we made a healthy variation of chicken parm and it was SOOO good! I even got him to start liking whole wheat noodles ;)

16 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 28, 2012 at 9:51 am

Those wraps look amazing! Too bad I don’t eat beef. I made Scotch and Brown Sugar Marinated Pork chops which were absolutely amazing!!!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

17 Shannon August 28, 2012 at 10:00 am

Last night’s dinner was a family favorite- Comforting Chicken. I had 3 helpings, not realizing that the 5 other people in my family needed some food. ;) I can’t help but want to eat the entire pan ful!

18 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries August 28, 2012 at 10:01 am

It’s rainy over here in Boston today too! I swear, it’s days like these that I just want to cuddle in bed with a blanket, a cup of hot chocolate, and Netflix. Think I could get paid to do that? ;)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..boston adventures, part five.

19 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 28, 2012 at 10:10 am

I LOVE your steak fajita wrap idea! Wowee – so simple yet so delicious! Those types of meals are my favorite!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..What Is Making Me Smile Lately

20 Megan@ The Running Doc August 28, 2012 at 10:17 am

Oddly enough the last meal that my boyfriend and I made that was really tasty were chicken fajitas over the weekend. Living in TX the grocery store sells the absolute best chicken fajita meat ever and with some cheese and salsa on top they were oh so good!
Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Eloise Turns One

21 Rachel August 28, 2012 at 10:56 am

Those green beans look soo good! Love those!
Rachel recently posted..Funny Critter Cards

22 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 28, 2012 at 11:12 am

I love La Tortilla Factory wraps and I love to make roasted green beans, such a yummy easy side. Last night I made a cheesy pasta dish that turned out great….recipe to come next week.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..photo bomb & food this or that

23 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles August 28, 2012 at 11:14 am

I had the same exact waffles this morning! I topped mine with yogurt and raspberries! Since I just finished the box, I think I might try your recommendation for the Eggo ones. Are they as thick as Van’s? I have a similar green beans and peppers recipe as a side dish! Look at us being foodie twins! :)

24 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 28, 2012 at 11:42 am

I made a pearl couscous salad with pesto and chopped tomatoes over an arugula salad with olive oil and balsamic. I made it three times in 3 or 4 weeks. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Tomorrow

25 RunEatRepeat August 28, 2012 at 11:50 am

I’ll take that spicy guac off your hands ;)
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Meatless Monday Blog Roll

26 pluvk August 28, 2012 at 12:45 pm

On Saturday I made whole wheat spaghetti with lots and lots of homegrown veggies from our garden. It was so good! There’s something about eating food that you’ve grown yourself! Happy Tuesday!

27 sandy August 28, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I want to eat ground beef and steak and stuff so badly…but my area doesn’t sell anything thats grass fed or hormone-free. Same with chicken sausges and bacon and deli meat…its just all the fake “natural” stuff which obviously isn’t natural :(

28 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions August 28, 2012 at 1:12 pm

It wasn’t too hot around here on Sunday or Monday morning, but the humidity was BRUTAL. It felt so uncomfortable to be outside because of the mugginess. Blech.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Burgers, Baking, and Bloggers

29 Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream August 28, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Those fajita wraps look awesome! Unfortunately, there would NEVER be leftover steak lying around with the guys at my house – which includes a husband and 2 teenage boys. But I might have to grill up some steak just for the purpose of these wraps! :)
Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream recently posted..Doing What’s Important

30 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 28, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I have a pile of green beans in the fridge that I have no plans for…so might be roasting those up for lunch tomorrow :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Boiling Water = Too Much Effort.

31 Tina @ Best Body Fitness August 28, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I down those spicy guac packs. Send ‘em my way. Love the spice! ;)

32 Avery @ Texas Teen Keeps Lean August 28, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I managed to cook up a pretty decent protein pancake a few days ago. Win!
Avery @ Texas Teen Keeps Lean recently posted..Bringing Healthy Back

33 Bek @ Crave August 29, 2012 at 5:53 am

Yay! Goodluck with the cupcake making- can’t wait to see the results ;) Taste test the batter for me ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..MIA

34 Mailoha August 29, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Can somebody please tell me what the easiest and most delicious way to roast veggies is??