Roasted Green Beans and Steak Fajita Wraps

Goooooood morning! How are things shakin’ for everyone this morning?

We’ve got a little bit of rain that just finished up over here, which would normally make things feel quite cozy and comfy, but it’s so darn muggy! I don’t know what happened? Humidity always makes me feel just so…icky.

Last Night’s Dinner

Ooooo baby, was it a good one!

We had (and still do have) a good portion of steak leftover from Sunday’s dinner, so I decided to repurpose some of it last night with some grilled steak fajita wraps. I used a couple LaTortilla Factory wraps and filled them up with some thinly sliced steak, a slice of provolone cheese, sautéed peppers and onions, and a smear of guacamole.

Besides the fact that the guacamole was spicier than spicy (I bought a box of Wholly Guacamole snack packs and accidentally grabbed the spicy kind, and I’m a wimp when it comes to spicy food) these wraps were sooo good. To “grill” them, I simply placed them right into the sauté pan that the peppers and onions were in and let them crisp up on each side…just enough to make the insides warm and delicious.

On the side, I roasted up a batch of green beans (and ended up tossing some extra sautéed peppers and onions on top) that came out awesome.

The green beans were ridiculously easy to make…you ready for this?

Roasted Green Beans

• Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  • Toss ~1-2 lb green beans (already washed and trimmed) in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and 1/4-1/8 tsp garlic powder.
  • Spread evenly onto roasting pan lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes, until they just start to brown.

It was a great, great dinner, which left the boy (and me) very happy. Smile

*****

Breakfast

I was *this close* to having the same breakfast sammy I had yesterday, but after making one for Jay this morning (I’m on a roll, I’ll tell ya!) I decided I wasn’t in the mood.

I wanted waffles.

And look at me…I even took a picture of them – again – after I told you I wouldn’t.

I’m such a fibber.

Today I was back to Van’s waffles, and now I honestly can’t tell which ones I like better. These were good, but the last ones I had were just as good, cheaper, and had four more in the box. I don’t know…I think I may have to go back to my Eggo NutriGrain’s.

I feel like I’m going to be spending my entire day in the kitchen today. I have a few recipes to try out for a freelance piece I’m doing, and then I have to start making some cupcakes for Kathryn’s rehearsal dinner on Thursday (I’m so honored she asked me!). It’ll be very interesting to see what my food intake is like today. Winking smile

Oh, and as a side note? I am ridiculously sore from yesterday’s workout. Yes, from a 10 minute strength workout. Sayonara, strength and stamina!

Question for the Morning:

What’s the last meal you made that was a great success for all?

Comments

I love roasted green beans. And right now I can get some from a local farm. So good.

My last success for all was a shredded brussels sprouts recipe that I just posted. I wasn’t sure what my husband would think about me shredding up all the sprouts, and serving a dish that way–and frankly, I wasn’t sure either. I like my brussels sprouts just fine the way they are. But turned out to be great! And a nice change from the usual! We’ll definitely have it that way again.
    Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Eek–I almost broke my food processor!

I’ve actually never made green beans but I recently realized that I like almost any veggie roasted with garlic salt so I bet those would be right on target for me! I made parmesan yogurt tilapia and risotto last night for my Mom’s birthday dinner and everyone loved it :)
    Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Uchi Houston Review

I need to make roasted green beans. Like this week. :-)

Last meal I made that was an epic success was yesterday. I made Paleo banana pancakes (1 banana, 1 egg, 2T Almond butter), and they turned out so fabulous I decided to make them again today. Today, I made them with PB, as I was out of AB, and they fell apart. Still tasty, just not pretty. And I’m surprised how FILLING they were! :-)

My boyfriend, Nick, and I made dinner together on Sunday and it was a success! He’s from a VERY Italian family, so we made a healthy variation of chicken parm and it was SOOO good! I even got him to start liking whole wheat noodles 😉

Last night’s dinner was a family favorite- Comforting Chicken. I had 3 helpings, not realizing that the 5 other people in my family needed some food. 😉 I can’t help but want to eat the entire pan ful!

Oddly enough the last meal that my boyfriend and I made that was really tasty were chicken fajitas over the weekend. Living in TX the grocery store sells the absolute best chicken fajita meat ever and with some cheese and salsa on top they were oh so good!
    Megan@ The Running Doc recently posted..Eloise Turns One

I had the same exact waffles this morning! I topped mine with yogurt and raspberries! Since I just finished the box, I think I might try your recommendation for the Eggo ones. Are they as thick as Van’s? I have a similar green beans and peppers recipe as a side dish! Look at us being foodie twins! :)

8. pluvk says

On Saturday I made whole wheat spaghetti with lots and lots of homegrown veggies from our garden. It was so good! There’s something about eating food that you’ve grown yourself! Happy Tuesday!

9. sandy says

I want to eat ground beef and steak and stuff so badly…but my area doesn’t sell anything thats grass fed or hormone-free. Same with chicken sausges and bacon and deli meat…its just all the fake “natural” stuff which obviously isn’t natural :(

Trackbacks