What Are the Odds?

I always appreciate having a buddy with me in the kitchen while I’m working…even if he is of the feline variety.

Cody spent most of his morning along with me in the kitchen today, usually not too far away from my feet. Yep, I’m pretty sure I almost plowed into him at least half a dozen times.

If he wasn’t by my feet, he was laying right in front of the fridge.

I’m wondering if he was either…

• a) double checking his reflection,
  • b) waiting for an ice cube to drop from the dispenser (it’s happened before), or
  • c) trying to magically will some of his cat food out of the fridge.

All of them are kind of fun to think about, but I’m gonna go with option A. He is my cat and all. Winking smile

Amongst my morning baking and cooking, I took a bit of a break to make some lunch.

I filled up a whole wheat Bagel Thin with honey mustard, a few slices of low-sodium deli turkey, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and a slice of turkey bacon.

That thing was heavenly, let me tell ya.

Shortly after that, I headed out for a much-needed pedicure that I’d been waiting all morning for. Well, I ended up getting a woman who I didn’t really love and she robbed me of my post-pedicure back massage, so I started to get antsy and decided just to leave. I mean, it was a pedicure…what are the odds of me ruining it?

Well apparently, better than I thought.

Damnit. As I was getting out of my car back at home, I somehow ended up swiping the whole top of my foot/big toe along my door opening.

Seriously, who does that? (well, besides Chelsey – I immediately thought of you!)

Alright, time to get back to work…sorry guys, I feel a bit boring today. I think I’m gonna go ahead and take the rest of the evening off from the ‘ol blog-a-roo. Winking smile

What are YOU going to do for yourself this evening??

Comments

Our cats look almost identical – and they are so similar it cracks me up whenever you post about him. Stuart’s nickname is “Speed Bump” because he always lays down RIGHT in front of you as you walk, or in the most obnoxious place ever to lay. So funny!
    Kim recently posted..Nerd Talk Tuesday #7

Tonight is my husband’s and mine 3 year wedding anniversary. But thanks to a bit of a touchy stomach on my end we are doing an easy dinner at home and relaxing with a movie! And, I would totally ruin a pedi too!
    Jen recently posted..One more move…..

3. Tanya says

What is your job Courteney?
    Blogging and cooking obviously aren’t your jobs right? Or am I confusing something here. Sorry!

4. Alison says

Cody is so funny! Aw that happened to me when I got a pedicure once. Except I swiped my foot on the top of the toe nail dryer in the salon…
    Tonight I am going to try to relax my muscles from a longgg day of dance. And try to do a little homework.

5. Emily says

I really hope you don’t moderate this comment because I think it is worth pointing out, even if it is on a difficult subject.

You use a word that I don’t think many people understand the true meaning of. You say the woman “X” you a massage. That word is a racial slur against the Romani people. The Roma were victims of the Holocaust, subject to genocide, and the victims of horrible stereotypes, including one you accidentally use. I am sure many people use the word without meaning – but it is on the same level as many other racial slurs and very derogatory to a culture and community. I hope you take the chance to include this comment and edit your post.

Links: (if you are interested in learning more – I am also happy to talk more about this subject which is important to me)
    Roma and Genocide – http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005219
    Problem with the word Gypsy – http://gypsyappropriations.blogspot.com/2010/04/problem-with-word-gypsy.html

• Courtney says

I sincerely apologize, as I had no idea it was a racial slur at all. I’ve since edited the post.
      Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention!

Hope you are enjoying your evening! Sometimes, it’s good to just live in the moment than to think about busting out the camera and thinking about what to put on the blog (at least for me, once in a while).
    Your sandwich looks AWESOME and so colorful!
    michelle kim recently posted..Fartlek

I ALWAYS mess up my nail color…especially when I get it done professionally! It seems like a curse! Now I just do my own nails, been playing with the double color.
    I am getting ready for Hubby’s company’s dinner party tomorrow night at the Queen Mary. I am ALL nerves!
    Alicia recently posted..Hump Day: Walk in the Park: Day 37

8. TF says

I think you mean “gyped”, not “gipped”, but I really wish you didn’t because it’s a racial slur no matter how you spell it :(