What Are the Odds?

by Courtney on August 29, 2012

I always appreciate having a buddy with me in the kitchen while I’m working…even if he is of the feline variety.

Cody spent most of his morning along with me in the kitchen today, usually not too far away from my feet. Yep, I’m pretty sure I almost plowed into him at least half a dozen times.

If he wasn’t by my feet, he was laying right in front of the fridge.

I’m wondering if he was either…

• a) double checking his reflection,
  • b) waiting for an ice cube to drop from the dispenser (it’s happened before), or
  • c) trying to magically will some of his cat food out of the fridge.

All of them are kind of fun to think about, but I’m gonna go with option A. He is my cat and all. Winking smile

Amongst my morning baking and cooking, I took a bit of a break to make some lunch.

I filled up a whole wheat Bagel Thin with honey mustard, a few slices of low-sodium deli turkey, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and a slice of turkey bacon.

That thing was heavenly, let me tell ya.

Shortly after that, I headed out for a much-needed pedicure that I’d been waiting all morning for. Well, I ended up getting a woman who I didn’t really love and she robbed me of my post-pedicure back massage, so I started to get antsy and decided just to leave. I mean, it was a pedicure…what are the odds of me ruining it?

Well apparently, better than I thought.

Damnit. As I was getting out of my car back at home, I somehow ended up swiping the whole top of my foot/big toe along my door opening.

Seriously, who does that? (well, besides Chelsey – I immediately thought of you!)

Alright, time to get back to work…sorry guys, I feel a bit boring today. I think I’m gonna go ahead and take the rest of the evening off from the ‘ol blog-a-roo. Winking smile

What are YOU going to do for yourself this evening??

1 nicole @ simply nicole August 29, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Aw that sucks! I hate when you get excited about getting something done, whether its a hair cut or manicure, and the person you absolutely would rather not have you get! it’s the worst.
nicole @ simply nicole recently posted..King of Prussia Mall Blogger Preview Event

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate August 29, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Oh know! That’s definitely the sort of thing I’d do…I usually end up chip or smudging due to impatience!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A genuine problem

3 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine August 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Definitely something I would do too! I’m packing tonight – my big move is right around the corner.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

4 Kim August 29, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Our cats look almost identical – and they are so similar it cracks me up whenever you post about him. Stuart’s nickname is “Speed Bump” because he always lays down RIGHT in front of you as you walk, or in the most obnoxious place ever to lay. So funny!
Kim recently posted..Nerd Talk Tuesday #7

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 29, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I’m headed to get some froyo! And I bet he’s waiting for the ice!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–First Last Day of School!

6 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family August 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm

post pedicure back massage?? i need to go to your salon! Tonight I am eating a mish mosh of whatever I want for dinner so I dont have to cook. So far its been chicken and dumplings, caprese salad, and a bowl of cereal…About to go raid the fridge again!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..What I Ate out of my CSA Box

7 Parita August 29, 2012 at 5:49 pm

That’s happened to me more than once. I always go back and ask them to fix it – while apologizing profusely!

8 Jen August 29, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Tonight is my husband’s and mine 3 year wedding anniversary. But thanks to a bit of a touchy stomach on my end we are doing an easy dinner at home and relaxing with a movie! And, I would totally ruin a pedi too!
Jen recently posted..One more move…..

9 Alysha @Shesontherun August 29, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I love a buddy in the kitchen. My dog loves to watch me cook (I think it’s because there is a strong chance I’ll drop something and then he can gobble it up).

One thing I am doing for myself is going to happy hour after work with the girls. I call it therapy :)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Double Digits, Baby! + Giveaway Winner

10 Blog is the New BLack August 29, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Do it ALL THE TIME, lady… I’m way worse with my nails, though!

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 29, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I’m doing nothing this evening, other than watching Big Brother and eating Carrot Cake ice cream! ;) Love it!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Buttermilk Baked Chicken

12 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles August 29, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I always end up messing up manicures and pedicures after I leave. I’m not patient enough to wait TOO long under the dryer. I get so frustrated since I am paying for them and then it somehow gets messed up! I’m sure it’s a huge girl/first world problem. Hope your experience is better next time!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..WIAW: A Lot of Carbs (and Protein)

13 Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Oh nooo I hate when that happens! I haven’t ruined a pedicure before but manicures are ruined about 90% of the time … within an hour of leaving! I really don’t get them often, such a waste for me!
p.s. that sandwich looks rather perfect :)
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..WIAW- A (False) Escape

14 Tanya August 29, 2012 at 7:58 pm

What is your job Courteney?
Blogging and cooking obviously aren’t your jobs right? Or am I confusing something here. Sorry!

15 Courtney August 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I’m also a personal trainer :)
and do online training plans!

16 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm

HAHA! i always ruin manis/pedis! I’m getting my nails done tomorrow – i better not mess it up!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..a new adventure

17 Alison August 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Cody is so funny! Aw that happened to me when I got a pedicure once. Except I swiped my foot on the top of the toe nail dryer in the salon…
Tonight I am going to try to relax my muscles from a longgg day of dance. And try to do a little homework.

18 Jenica August 29, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I’ve done that before with a pedicure! I actually started crying after though because my day had been going so horribly and they ended up redo-ing my polish for free! I was very grateful.
Jenica recently posted..White Bean-Edamame Burgers aka “Vegetarian Happy Meal Tacos”

19 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill August 29, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I’m watching the fictionalized movie of Princess Diana tonight with my siblings. It was my first day of classes, so I’m trying to unwind with a little TV.
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Tales of a Nordstrom Shopaholic

20 Jenna @ Spinach In My Teeth August 29, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Tonight I will sit down to a bowl of Stoneyfield Frozen Greek Yogurt and watch Top Chef in my sweat pants. I’ve been looking forward to this alllllll day ;]

21 Rachel August 29, 2012 at 9:49 pm

aww bummer about your pedi! I hate when you don’t really like the person doing your nails– I’m thinking of getting mine done tomorrow after work actually lol
Rachel recently posted..Things are about to get a little loud in here…

22 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter August 29, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Oooh I hate that! Hope your night is better!

I am taking it easy and putting me feet up. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Twilight Zone Wednesday

23 Emily August 29, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I really hope you don’t moderate this comment because I think it is worth pointing out, even if it is on a difficult subject.

You use a word that I don’t think many people understand the true meaning of. You say the woman “X” you a massage. That word is a racial slur against the Romani people. The Roma were victims of the Holocaust, subject to genocide, and the victims of horrible stereotypes, including one you accidentally use. I am sure many people use the word without meaning – but it is on the same level as many other racial slurs and very derogatory to a culture and community. I hope you take the chance to include this comment and edit your post.

Links: (if you are interested in learning more – I am also happy to talk more about this subject which is important to me)
Roma and Genocide – http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005219
Problem with the word Gypsy – http://gypsyappropriations.blogspot.com/2010/04/problem-with-word-gypsy.html

24 Courtney August 30, 2012 at 6:50 am

I sincerely apologize, as I had no idea it was a racial slur at all. I’ve since edited the post.
Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention!

25 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 29, 2012 at 11:28 pm

That is TOTALLY something that would happen to me with a pedi!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..WIAW – Where I Am / What I Ate Wednesday

26 michelle kim August 29, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Hope you are enjoying your evening! Sometimes, it’s good to just live in the moment than to think about busting out the camera and thinking about what to put on the blog (at least for me, once in a while).
Your sandwich looks AWESOME and so colorful!
michelle kim recently posted..Fartlek

27 Ellie@Fit for the Soul August 30, 2012 at 12:02 am

hahhaahha my cat does this exact same thing!!!! except they look different–but that’s how he lies down by me while cooking and I’m like, running like a mad woman trying not to trip over him and I end up stepping on his tail. :P I hope you have a great rest of the evening!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..How to Sneak in Flax Seeds and a Smoothie Recipe

28 Alicia August 30, 2012 at 12:05 am

I ALWAYS mess up my nail color…especially when I get it done professionally! It seems like a curse! Now I just do my own nails, been playing with the double color.
I am getting ready for Hubby’s company’s dinner party tomorrow night at the Queen Mary. I am ALL nerves!
Alicia recently posted..Hump Day: Walk in the Park: Day 37

29 TF August 30, 2012 at 12:13 am

I think you mean “gyped”, not “gipped”, but I really wish you didn’t because it’s a racial slur no matter how you spell it :(

30 Courtney August 30, 2012 at 6:51 am

Yikes – I had no idea until somebody else just mentioned it to me. My apologies.
I’ve since edited the post. Thank you for letting me know!

31 TF August 30, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Thanks :) Really appreciate it!

32 Khushboo Thadani August 30, 2012 at 1:44 am

Smudged manicure/pedicures do nothing for my stress levels so I feel your annoyance! As it’s morning, I’ll tell you what I did for myself now as opposed to yesterday evening: skipped the gym in favor of breakfast in bed while watching Suits :)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Good things come in small packages

33 evenings August 30, 2012 at 3:17 am

This cat is so fat and very cute .cat is my favorite pets .they are so lovely .

34 Linz @ Itz Linz August 30, 2012 at 7:40 am

I hate when that happens! Last night I watched an episode of the Real World. Yes, that show is still on, and yes people (namely ME) still watch. #nerd

35 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 30, 2012 at 7:57 am

I always manage to do that when I get a manicure or pedicure. I got a manicure on Monday and sure enough I have a chip on one of my nails. It never fails. I hope you had a nice relaxing evening! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Gift Exchange Between Mike & I!…

36 Becka @ simplybecka August 30, 2012 at 11:23 am

The thing I am doing tonight for myself, is go to sleep early. I do this sometimes that I just end up finding myself too tired and my body tells me to sleep NOW. Have a great day. ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..overnight oats…

37 Bek @ Crave August 31, 2012 at 12:43 am

I am going to get some much needed sleep! That’s what I’ll do for me ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Out of it