Five Recipes To Make This Labor Day Weekend

by Courtney on August 31, 2012

Hey, friends! Right now, I’m most likely getting ready to celebrate and have lots of fun at Kathryn & Paul’s wedding. WOO HOO!

But in the meantime, I thought I’d share some of my favorite recipes for you to try out for the Labor Day holiday weekend. Whether you’re heading to a party, have unexpected guests, or laying low at home, I’ve got something for all of ya.

So no matter what you’re doing this weekend, be safe and have FUN!

*****

For a potluck…

Healthy Roasted Potato and Veggie Salad

For a dessert potluck (the best, in my opinion!)…

Heath Bar Crunch Cookie Bars

(an old, cruddy photo/blog post, but probably THE most searched recipe on STSL!)

For dinner at home with your man…

Chicken & Mozzarella Panini Sandwiches with Lightened Up Pesto

For last minute guests and/or party plans…

BBQ Chicken Garbage Bread

For Labor Day morning breakfast…

Cinnamon Chip Scones (or try substituting in some fresh berries!) + a light yogurt parfait

Have any other fun recipes you plan on making this weekend? Feel free to share below! Smile

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 31, 2012 at 11:07 am

I need to buy some cinnamon chips – there are so many great recipes that call for them and I never have them at home! Have a blast this weekend! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Breakfast Food Friday

2 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign August 31, 2012 at 11:10 am

Those panini’s look amazing–will definitely be making those this Labor Day weekend! Thanks for the recipe and have fun at the wedding!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Friday Fill-In

3 Jennifer @ Peut Butter and Peppers August 31, 2012 at 11:12 am

Have fun at the wedding! Everything you suggested looks delicious!!!
Jennifer @ Peut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Pear and Cherry Stuffed Pork Loin

4 Rachel August 31, 2012 at 11:20 am

Those scones look amazing! I always check out your recipe haha I have yet to find cinnamon chips though
Rachel recently posted..What I love about Friday- 2

5 Alysha @Shesontherun August 31, 2012 at 11:50 am

I’m making peanut butter special K bars for a girls movie night tomorrow. I have about 30 jars of peanut butter in my house (I wish I were kidding, but I am not). So I need to think of creative ways to use it up. Any ideas ;)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..My First (and last) Experience with Foodie Pen Pals

6 Nicole August 31, 2012 at 12:11 pm

If this was a Facebook post, I would “like” this. Great suggestions – they all look amazing! :)

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope August 31, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Have a great time at the wedding! :) I made the BBQ Chicken Garbage Bread when you first posted it and I loved it. I think I might make that sometime this weekend. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Mrs. Dash Chicken Primavera!…

8 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna August 31, 2012 at 12:20 pm

all of these recipes look so delicious!! especially the potato salad and the panini. hopefully i’ll get the chance to make one of these recipes this weekend!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..What I’m Loving Lately

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 31, 2012 at 12:40 pm

These are all fantastic ideas! Have fun at the wedding!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 25

10 michelle kim August 31, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Thanks for sharing the recipes! I still have to try that garbage bread business… looks so sinfully delicious
michelle kim recently posted..New Breakfast Pancake!

11 Alex @ Brain, Body, Because August 31, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Thank you for sharing! I’m definitely going to try those scones.
Alex @ Brain, Body, Because recently posted..Slow Cooker Pasta

12 kim@hungryhealthygirl August 31, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Yum! Thanks for all of the ideas; I think I want to make all of them. I will probably be cooking out this weekend and will more than likely be grilling these burgers http://www.hungryhealthygirl.com/recipes/?recipe_id=6029449
Have a blast at the wedding!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Family Favorite Friday: Chicken Artichoke Pasta in Lemon Sauce

13 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 31, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I’m going to make the thai-inspired zucchini and cabbage dish I posted about the other day (perfect to bring to a cook-out): http://eatmovebalance.com/thai-inspired-red-cabbage-and-zucchini/

14 Annette@FitnessPerks August 31, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Ooooh I want to try the cinnamon chip scones! YUMMY looking!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Recovery From A Half IronMan Triathlon–Info For Your Next Race

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 31, 2012 at 2:42 pm

My mom’s doing a run to the US next weekend – I’m going to have to tell her to pick me up some cinnamon chips!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Breaking the Diet Rules.

16 Molly Ritterbeck August 31, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I am printing these recipies right now!
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..Playlist Thursday – Most Appearances

17 Ellie@Fit for the Soul August 31, 2012 at 5:43 pm

These are all making my mouth water! The heath cookies sound so delicious~~~~
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..The Pursuit of Perfection: The Irony of It All

18 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction August 31, 2012 at 5:59 pm

They all look so delicious! Especially the cookie bars! I bet you are having so much fun at the wedding, the weather is perfect for a wedding!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Oatmeal Kick

19 Alicia August 31, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I am so happy you posted this list! I have to go shopping tomorrow and really had NNNOOO idea what I was doing this weekend! So thank you for making it easier!
Alicia recently posted..Dinner on the Queen Mary!

20 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat August 31, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I really want to make some almond cupcakes this weekend!!! Your cupcakes didn’t help my desire one bit lol Have a good weekend!!
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..It Came!!! :) :) :)

21 Bek @ Crave August 31, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I have to remember to make garbage bread sometime! Making a mental note now ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Tight calves

22 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath August 31, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I want to try those scones in the last picture–they look delicious! Have a great Labor Day weekend! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Feeling Fit Friday!

23 Linz @ Itz Linz September 1, 2012 at 8:49 am

Not my recipe, but I’ve made em before and I’m gonna make them this weekend: Pepperoni Pizza Puffs from Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean: http://www.theleangreenbean.com/pepperoni-pizza-puffs/
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Foodie Penpals: August

24 Michelle (Better with Berries) September 1, 2012 at 9:44 am

That roasted potato and veggie salad looks delicious – I may have to look into bringing that to the lake this weekend!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..My First Two Weeks As A Dietetics Student

25 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter September 1, 2012 at 9:52 am

I have made those cinnamon scones and they are amazing! :) Great recipes!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Scary clouds!

26 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 2, 2012 at 10:17 am

I need to make some scones soon. They make me hungry every time I see a photo! ha!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Kiss My Broccoli!

27 Kaitlyn September 2, 2012 at 12:42 pm

i cannot find cinnamon chips anywhere to save my life! any suggestions?? ive really been wanting to make some cinnamon chip snickerdoodles & those scones!
Kaitlyn recently posted..big changes