Random Set of Stairs

by Courtney on September 3, 2012

Well…another Labor Day come and gone. It’s certainly been a busy one though, which has been great since we got quite a few things done around the house that we wanted to get done. The only thing I didn’t get to was my favorite Labor Day activity…but I’m sure I’ll get to it later this week.

Out of the things that we did get done though, this one was probably the biggest load off our shoulders.

Nooo, it’s not Cody. Although he is quite a load.

Take a look outside…no more deck!

IMG_7509IMG_7512

Technically, we finished this up on Saturday, but Jay took care of cleaning up a few minor things earlier today, so now we’re all set and ready for siding…two more weeks to go.

We were hoping that maybe we’d find some buried treasure that my grandparents left under there, but the only surprises we came across were a few random balls, a set of blinds(?), a bunch of pipes and gardening tools, and a random set of cement stairs.

I had to ask my mom about those, since I can’t remember this house without having the deck up. Turns out, they were some of the original stairs that were put in with the house before the deck went up…so cool!

Cody’s been checkin’ it out all day. Probably trying to figure out an escape plan on us, I’m sure.

So now that the deck is gone, all we need to do now is get a big ‘ol dumpster over here because our yard is looking miiiiighty, uhh, full. Winking smile

Also full? That would be my sink…with lots of tomatoes from the garden!

It looks like the deer must have gotten the hint, between the sprinkling of human hair and the motion-censored light we installed right next to the garden. Finally. I’m so excited!

Other happenings today included squeezing in this quick workout, getting a surprise visit from the “Little Bro,” baking a batch of these cookies for Jay to bring to work this week,

FINALLY hanging some picture frames up in the living room,

and a couple of our Ikea shelves.

We’re *so* close to finishing up this living room I can taste it. Winking smile

When it came time for dinner, I quickly sautéed up a zucchini (also from the garden – they’re still comin’!), heated up a couple mini sweet potatoes, and reheated some of our leftover chicken tenders from Saturday night’s bbq.

I also couldn’t help but slice up a small tomato to have with dinner.

Sprinkled with just a little bit of salt…oh man, it was soooo good.

As for the rest of the evening, Jay and I are planning on renting the movie ‘The Lucky One’ which I am SUPER psyched about. I’ve only been waiting for oh, I don’t know, almost five months to see it.

And I’m pretty sure there’ll probably be a cookie or two involved too. Winking smile

How was everyone else’s Labor Day? Do anything fun??

1 Sana September 3, 2012 at 8:11 pm
2 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath September 3, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I really want to see that movie too, but haven’t yet. Let us know if you think it’s good!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Marvelous in my Monday!

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 3, 2012 at 8:39 pm

We went over to my parents’ house to celebrate a few birthdays (including John’s!), and earlier today my mom and I went for a hike. Oh, and I got to talk to yoU! :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..sunday playdate

4 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 3, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I had a great weekend celebrating my sister’s b-day and then used today to catch up on things around the house. I also baked some cookies! Your livingroom is looking fabulous. I don’t blame you for cutting up that tomato to have with dinner…..there is nothing like a fresh garden tomato.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..MARVELOUS Monday: a make-ahead meal & much more

5 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife September 3, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I have that live laugh love frames that you have on your wall too! Bed Bath and Beyond!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..#PhotoADayAug Pt. 2

6 Laura Lea September 3, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Wait, MINI sweet potatoes?! I’ve never seen such a thing! Must be on the lookout. Your living room looks awesome! I was home in Nashville with my family over Labor Day, which was heavenly but it was tough to leave!
Laura Lea recently posted..Bittersweet Blues and Gruyere “Pimento” Cheese Dip

7 Ellie@Fit for the Soul September 4, 2012 at 12:11 am

I seriously love the color of your living room Courtney! It’s so calming and clean~And omgness, I can’t believe that deck has been removed. It sounds like a really tough job! :P
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Festive Weekend and Gluten Free Cupcakes

8 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 4, 2012 at 1:15 am

Love all the pics, nice a homely now! You should slice those tomatoes in half and slow roast them!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Can you tell by looking at me?

9 Miz September 4, 2012 at 6:18 am

my labor day was far less exciting…and also <> included no buried treasure.
Miz recently posted..Physical vision boards VS Pinterest.

10 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 4, 2012 at 7:01 am

I love the colors in your living room! Can’t wait to see it complete! My labor day was pretty uneventful just a family cookout and sadly probably the last one of summer :(
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..I Finally Did it….Gluten Free Funfetti

11 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 4, 2012 at 7:38 am

I love that Live Laugh Love on your wall! I just got one of those as a wedding gift. I cannot wait to put our wedding photos in it. :) Those cookies sure do look yummy!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..First Married Date Night & Rest of the Weekend!…

12 Linz @ Itz Linz September 4, 2012 at 8:08 am

We always have to battle stupid rabbits for our tomato garden… this year we finally put up a wire fence to keep them out and had much success!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Random 10K Race Success

13 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige September 4, 2012 at 8:09 am

Great job with the picture hanging, Courtney! I swear, whenever I try to hang frames, they just look so random and…out of place. So I don’t hang them! lol
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Move it Monday: Jump Rope & Abs Circuit Workout (Video Workout!)

14 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter September 4, 2012 at 8:35 am

I am continuing my Labor Day by one more day! I took off an extra day to spend it with my parents and still having a great time.
Those cookies look so good! I was so going to go by and get the Lucky One today so that I could watch it tonight! :) Enjoy!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Favorite things about Fall

15 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat September 4, 2012 at 1:03 pm

So I’ve been waiting for that movie to come out on Redbox- in fact I just got an email this morning that said it was ready to rent! What did you think of it?
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..A Week In Workouts

16 Courtney September 4, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I really liked it! A little different from the book (aren’t they always?!) but it was a good movie – my hubby even enjoyed it :)

17 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat September 4, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Good! I never read the book so I won’t know the difference!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..A Week In Workouts

18 Bek @ Crave September 5, 2012 at 12:10 am

The Lucky One was really sweet! You’ll like it- have chocolate and tissues ready too ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Obstacles