Cheesecake Pancakes and Walking Routines

Woah baby, was breakfast a good one today!

But I’ll get to that in a second. Winking smile

First up, I need to share that treadmill routine that I mentioned to you all yesterday.

Over the weekend, I was reading through my latest issue of FITNESS magazine and came across a really fun treadmill routine, which inspired me to put my own little spin on one. Since it’s just walking for me these days, that’s what we’ve got here…but don’t let the walking fool you!

Boredom Buster Treadmill Walking Routine

The thirty minutes literally flies by with this routine because there’s so much going on. I think the toughest parts are the butt kicks and the side shuffle walks. Just be careful and hold on to that railing. Whew!

Give it a try and let me know what you think. Winking smile

*****

Alright, now breakfast. Let’s talk about that for a second.

A couple weeks ago, Lauren posted some phenomenal looking waffles that were covered in a cheesecake-like topping that had me drooling. Today, I took to the fridge to see what I had on hand to try and recreate it, but with a batch of Kodiak Cakes instead.

I didn’t have the same exact ingredients, but what I did have turned out to be miiiighty tasty!

Mixed Berry Cheesecake Pancakes

Serves 1

• 1 serving Kodiak Cakes (or any other pancake/waffle)
  • 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Cinnamon Cream Cheese spread
  • 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk
  • Mixed berries, for topping

Whip together cream cheese spread, ricotta cheese, and yogurt until mostly smooth. Spread on top of cooked pancakes and top with fresh mixed berries.

*****

Alright my friends, I’m off. Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Oh pancakes, how I love you!

You don’t see many treadmill walking routines and I love them. Running is hard on me (and I don’t last long) and something that keeps the treadmill interesting without making me go too fast (although 5mph is running for me :) ) is perfect! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Ali @ Peaches and Football recently posted..Back to School

My grocery store doesn’t carry the sweet varieties of Laughing Cow! Pretty frustrating since I’ve seen so many recipes I’d like to try. This is definitely going on my list to make as soon as I get my hands on the cinnamon Laughing Cow wedges!
    Elaine recently posted..Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookie

What a great walking routine! Walking is so underrated. Right now I’m just doing walking (because I can take my kids with me in a stroller!) & yoga. I’m going to try your routine off the treadmill (since I don’t have one). Thanks Court.
    Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..Why I blog

That’s a great looking workout. I’ve been getting bored at the gym lately, so I am definitely going to try this – your walking workouts always get a good sweat going!!! And hello breakfast ~ anything that says cheesecake in the title is a winner with me!!
    Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

• Courtney says

I didn’t get nervous about it, but if you don’t feel confident doing it, then I wouldn’t recommend it. Maybe try doing extra butt kicks or just omit the side walking if you’re not comfortable with it? :)

Courtney these look amazing!! I haven’t tried the Laughing Cow sweet versions yet. You’d recommend them? This is almost a bfast take on a fruit pizza… YUM!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing the walking routine! It’s just walking for me these days as well, and while I’ve been doing the majority of it outside since the weather is nice, I’ll imagine that I’ll have to step on the treadmill every now and then when winter really hits, and this looks like a great workout to try.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... first day of school! .

hoooooly moly that looks tasty. i read the title of your post and you had me at cheesecake.

i’ve been wanting to try the sideways shuffle on the treadmill since i know it’s such a great workout and i always see others doing it, but i’m kind of afraid i’m going to fall off…totally irrational, haha. maybe today i’ll grow a pair and just do it!!
    jordan @ thedancingdonut recently posted..belated birthday post. [FOOD.]

8. Becca says

Thanks so much for the workout!!so glad I finally got one I could do. I just had a baby and am just getting back into working out. I had to modify speeds a bit and my treadmill only goes up to 10 , but otherwise it was perfect!!! I’ m now a sweaty mess!! Thanks again!

9. Colleen says

This looks amazing, sadly I couldn’t find the laughing cow cream cheese, the pancakes or the chocolate chunk yogurt, but I made some substitutionas and can’t wait to try it in the morning!!

Trackbacks