Cheesecake Pancakes and Walking Routines

by Courtney on September 5, 2012

Woah baby, was breakfast a good one today!

But I’ll get to that in a second. Winking smile

First up, I need to share that treadmill routine that I mentioned to you all yesterday.

Over the weekend, I was reading through my latest issue of FITNESS magazine and came across a really fun treadmill routine, which inspired me to put my own little spin on one. Since it’s just walking for me these days, that’s what we’ve got here…but don’t let the walking fool you!

Boredom Buster Treadmill Walking Routine

The thirty minutes literally flies by with this routine because there’s so much going on. I think the toughest parts are the butt kicks and the side shuffle walks. Just be careful and hold on to that railing. Whew!

Give it a try and let me know what you think. Winking smile

*****

Alright, now breakfast. Let’s talk about that for a second.

A couple weeks ago, Lauren posted some phenomenal looking waffles that were covered in a cheesecake-like topping that had me drooling. Today, I took to the fridge to see what I had on hand to try and recreate it, but with a batch of Kodiak Cakes instead.

I didn’t have the same exact ingredients, but what I did have turned out to be miiiighty tasty!

Mixed Berry Cheesecake Pancakes

Serves 1

• 1 serving Kodiak Cakes (or any other pancake/waffle)
  • 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Cinnamon Cream Cheese spread
  • 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk
  • Mixed berries, for topping

Whip together cream cheese spread, ricotta cheese, and yogurt until mostly smooth. Spread on top of cooked pancakes and top with fresh mixed berries.

*****

Alright my friends, I’m off. Happy Wednesday!

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 5, 2012 at 9:32 am

This reminds me to pick up some of the laughing cow flavored cream cheese – I haven’t done so yet and I’m sure I will love it!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Food Rut Rectified + My Favorite Healthy Lunch

2 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 5, 2012 at 9:35 am

Mmmm your breakfast looks delicioussssss and very patriotic! Hehe….That treadmill walk looks intense! 15.0 incline? Crazy! :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Quick Treadmill Interval Workout

3 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 5, 2012 at 9:36 am

This looks delicious. I have been trying to get some Chobani VCC but I cannot find it anywhere.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

4 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 5, 2012 at 9:38 am

You had me at the title. I can’t find vanilla chocolate chunk anywhere, though, I’ve been looking for it forever!!

5 Ali @ Peaches and Football September 5, 2012 at 9:41 am

Oh pancakes, how I love you!

You don’t see many treadmill walking routines and I love them. Running is hard on me (and I don’t last long) and something that keeps the treadmill interesting without making me go too fast (although 5mph is running for me :) ) is perfect! Thanks for sharing!!!
Ali @ Peaches and Football recently posted..Back to School

6 Elaine September 5, 2012 at 9:42 am

My grocery store doesn’t carry the sweet varieties of Laughing Cow! Pretty frustrating since I’ve seen so many recipes I’d like to try. This is definitely going on my list to make as soon as I get my hands on the cinnamon Laughing Cow wedges!
Elaine recently posted..Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookie

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 5, 2012 at 9:44 am

These pancakes look amazing! I love that Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese, Chobani and ricotta cheese are in it. Yum! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Man’s Best Friend…

8 Nicole September 5, 2012 at 9:45 am

The pancakes look AMAZING! I’ve yet to come across the chobani vanilla chocolate chunk nor the Laughing Cow cinnamon spread, I need to scout these out!
Nicole recently posted..Mei turns 1!

9 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 5, 2012 at 10:03 am

I can TOTALLY see myself falling on those side walks ;)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Meet our bundle of joy!

10 Janae @ Bring-Joy September 5, 2012 at 10:11 am

What a great walking routine! Walking is so underrated. Right now I’m just doing walking (because I can take my kids with me in a stroller!) & yoga. I’m going to try your routine off the treadmill (since I don’t have one). Thanks Court.
Janae @ Bring-Joy recently posted..Why I blog

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 5, 2012 at 10:14 am

Wowee – that incline on that walking workout looks killer! I gotta try this out!

Yummm, and those pancakes sound delicious. I have been out of Kodiak Cake Mix for over a month now. That needs to change pronto!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #50: First Trimester Eats

12 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill September 5, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’ve been meaning to try Laughing Cow’s cream cheese spreads. I want to mix the cinnamon cream cheese spread with pumpkin to make a pumpkin dip!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Brights and Stripes

13 Rachel September 5, 2012 at 10:30 am

I was drooling over hers too! haha these look amazing!
Rachel recently posted..Pillow Pet

14 Steph @ StephSnacks September 5, 2012 at 10:31 am

Must make these!!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

15 Lauren September 5, 2012 at 10:55 am

Yours look better than mine! So glad you loved them. :)
Lauren recently posted..Beach Body: 20 Minute Upper/Lower Body Strength Circuit

16 Andrea @ Vegvacious September 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

That’s a great looking workout. I’ve been getting bored at the gym lately, so I am definitely going to try this – your walking workouts always get a good sweat going!!! And hello breakfast ~ anything that says cheesecake in the title is a winner with me!!
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

17 Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries September 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

I think I might be a little too clumsy for side-shuffling on a treadmill…*looks away in shame*

But I would help myself to those waffles!
Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries recently posted..Fall is for Baking: 5 Autumn-Inspired Recipes

18 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 5, 2012 at 11:03 am

wow that breakfast sounds amazing! i still need to try the laughing cow cream cheese flavors!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-”Fall”ing into good habits!

19 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

That cream cheese spread would also be great used as a dip for an apple or other fruit. I need to pick up some ricotta and try this soon. YUM!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW #12, Falling Into Good Habits

20 Angela @ Health's Angel September 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

What a creative workout! And that breakfast looks soooooo good. I love that you incorporated Chobani in it, too. I still need to try that chocolate chunk flavor!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Things Labor Day Weekend Taught Me

21 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions September 5, 2012 at 11:29 am

I just bought ricotta for the first time for a lasagna recipe I tackled on Monday, and now I have a bunch of leftover ricotta and no idea what to do with it…looks like I might have just found my answer!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Family and Friends

22 Debbie (Accidently Delish) September 5, 2012 at 11:45 am

um hi i just drooled a bit.

i just might have to re-create that myself!!
Debbie (Accidently Delish) recently posted..By: Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen

23 Sarah B. September 5, 2012 at 11:54 am

Those cheesecake waffles look like perfect Sunday brunch material!! Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!

24 Jordan @ Whimsical Desperation September 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Do you ever get nervous about falling? I know you say to be careful, but I’d be really worried about falling while trying to do those moves on a treadmill….
Jordan @ Whimsical Desperation recently posted..Twentynothing

25 Courtney September 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I didn’t get nervous about it, but if you don’t feel confident doing it, then I wouldn’t recommend it. Maybe try doing extra butt kicks or just omit the side walking if you’re not comfortable with it? :)

26 Caroline September 5, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Courtney these look amazing!! I haven’t tried the Laughing Cow sweet versions yet. You’d recommend them? This is almost a bfast take on a fruit pizza… YUM!

Thanks for sharing!

27 Courtney September 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Definitely!

28 RunEatRepeat September 5, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I put pumpkin creme on my waffles and pancakes in the Fall. Totally up your alley…

RunEatRepeat recently posted..Brooks Running Skirt Review and Giveaway

29 Courtney September 5, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Hahaha…it IS totally up my alley.
SO much so that I made it last season ;)

30 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 5, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Thanks for sharing the walking routine! It’s just walking for me these days as well, and while I’ve been doing the majority of it outside since the weather is nice, I’ll imagine that I’ll have to step on the treadmill every now and then when winter really hits, and this looks like a great workout to try.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... first day of school! .

31 jordan @ thedancingdonut September 5, 2012 at 12:37 pm

hoooooly moly that looks tasty. i read the title of your post and you had me at cheesecake.

i’ve been wanting to try the sideways shuffle on the treadmill since i know it’s such a great workout and i always see others doing it, but i’m kind of afraid i’m going to fall off…totally irrational, haha. maybe today i’ll grow a pair and just do it!!
jordan @ thedancingdonut recently posted..belated birthday post. [FOOD.]

32 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I’m going to give that walk a try. It looks super challenging with the inclines. Breakfast looks yummy! I’ve got most of the ingredients and I may be recreating this tomorrow morning.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies and WIAW

33 Becca September 5, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Thanks so much for the workout!!so glad I finally got one I could do. I just had a baby and am just getting back into working out. I had to modify speeds a bit and my treadmill only goes up to 10 , but otherwise it was perfect!!! I’ m now a sweaty mess!! Thanks again!

34 Courtney September 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

So glad you liked it! Thanks for the feedback, Becca :)
(And congrats on your new bundle of joy!)

35 Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate September 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Yum! These look AWESOME!! Pancakes + fiber-licious berries always = a delicious breakfast!

36 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I would definitely fall off doing the shuffling!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..By no means a buff

37 Molly Ritterbeck September 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm

SO wait….why can you only run?
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..Now That’s What I Call Wind!

38 Courtney September 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Hmmm…I’m not running right now. What do you mean?

39 Moll Ritterbeck September 5, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I meant why can you ony walk ;)

40 Courtney September 5, 2012 at 10:20 pm
41 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 5, 2012 at 5:53 pm

That looks like a delicious way to top off some pancakes! And that walking workout is so creative! I would never think to try butt kicks or side walking on the treadmill, but what a great way to mix things up and make time fly!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #3: On a Very Long Day…

42 Emilie September 5, 2012 at 8:52 pm

My goodness – that walking routine seems like so much fun. Maybe I will have to try something similar when I am getting bored on the elliptical!
Emilie recently posted..WIAW – Spring is coming and my goals for the season…

43 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife September 5, 2012 at 9:24 pm

That looks delicious! I will definitely need to try that for breakfast! I’ve been meaning to buy the cinnamon cream cheese from Laughing Cow – I think this may be the push I needed!
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Fall fanatic & some September goals

44 Colleen September 8, 2012 at 3:31 pm

This looks amazing, sadly I couldn’t find the laughing cow cream cheese, the pancakes or the chocolate chunk yogurt, but I made some substitutionas and can’t wait to try it in the morning!!

45 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal September 10, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Wht an AWESOME idea! I had no idea that laughing cow had cinnamon wedges too!
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..What do you love more?