Is Anyone Else Excited?

So I spent a few minutes playing around a bit on the blog this morning…that’s usually a recipe for disaster, but I kept to a few simple things this time.

I was getting a bit bored with the pink background and decided to polish it up and make it all white…what do you guys think? Yay or nay? I’m still on the fence.

I’m also starting to get a bit bored with my header too (in case you couldn’t tell, I was definitely the child who had to rearrange her bedroom furniture at least once a month and beg for new paint and/or a new comforter at least once a year). I don’t know. I may be in the market for a new one (header, not bedroom) sometime soon…we’ll see!

So I’m loving salads right now. Like, a lot.

I actually enjoyed a very similar version of this salad for dinner last night and decided to repeat it again today for lunch.

On top of a bed of romaine and spinach, I added some cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers, beets, avocado, leftover grilled chicken tenders, feta cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.

It was so good…and can I just say how awesome it is to already have pre-cooked chicken in the fridge and ready to go? Talk about easy…I need to do this more often!

On another note, I totally forgot to mention this yesterday (and if you follow me on Instagram then you already know), but yesterday morning I did, indeed, enjoy my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season from Starbucks.

I ordered it my usual way, and it was just wonderful. Ohh, it’s the little things, isn’t it? According to my Instagram and Twitter feeds, I don’t think I was the only one enjoying this little slice of heaven yesterday…were you in on the PSL train too?

So going along with all things fall…is anyone else excited that football is officially back on TV tonight?!?

I have a feeling I may be in the minority with many of you out there on this one, but hey, ya never know. I just love our football Sundays that we have around here – it’s something I look forward to every year (aka, it’s the perfect excuse to get together with friends and eat lots of good food). Plus, I’m all set with my second year in a football pool and am hoping to win BIG.

Riiiiight. That would be if I actually had a clue when I make my picks. Winking smile

1. Kate says

i think it looks too empty :/ maybe because there’s so many pink tones otherwise. or maybe i’m just not used to it!

I think I also liked the pink too just because I was used to seeing it for so long. I want to like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes but they are way too sweet for me. Someone told me to try asking for just one pump of pumpkin instead of the usual 3 they do. I think I might have to try it :)
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Man’s Best Friend…

I’m a huge fan of the color pink, so I definitely loved the pink background, but the white is also nice as well!!

As for that salad… It looks amazing!!! I need to learn how to make salads like this, but I typically don’t like them (probably because mine usually consist of lettuce and dressing- BORING!)

Pumpkin Spiced Lattes!!!!!! I had my first one of the season on Monday!!

And football- I’m not with you on that one, the only sport I can stand to watch on TV is Gymnastics and I only really get that every 4 years!
    Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Wanderlust Wednesdays: Zanzibar, Tanzania

I think the white background makes it look fresher. The white and pink reminds me of the fitnessista’s new design. Nice to see you on her fitness tips compilation, by the way! I think we all get the itch to change things once in while.. I’m in the process of changing my bedroom as you mention it!
    Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..WIAW: Labor Day Edition

Now that you’ve changed things, I miss the pink! I’m not really a huge fan of pink to begin with, but now your page just looks kinda empty? Maybe it’s time to use another color?

I hate FB, so it can just go away as far as I’m concerned – but I am excited for fall flavors and fall fashion!
    Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..yummy broccoli?!

6. Trixie says

The white looks SO good! I love pink, but I’m definitely a fan of simple, clean blog designs. And I’m finishing up a pumpkin spice latte right now! =)

I am sooo excited about football season! I watch both college and NFL, but I am definitely an NFL girl at heart. Go Browns! (yeah…we suck.) I also play fantasy football each year and I am really hoping my team does well!

And I agree that something seems to be missing without the pink. And I am usually a fan of white backgrounds!

I knew there was something different when I visited the blog this morning! I actually love it…I’m all about clean, simple designs, so I think the white looks great. Since I just started my blog, I picked a super plain temporary template, but I’m working with Jenny from PB and Jenny to create a new header for me. So excited to see how it turns out!

My boyfriend is very similar to you in that he always wants to rearrange furniture and change things up. He even likes to rearrange the spices in the spice cabinet, hahah. What a goose;)
    Connie recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

9. Karen says

I liked the pink or perhaps a new color background, but it is a little empty looking now. Again, it may be that I am use to it but it blends in and before it popped out at you.

The salad on the other hand looks marvelous!

Haha, I just read your first comment that said “it looks too empty” and I thought it was referring to your Pumpkin Spice Latte cup! It does look like you took a few sips before you took a picture. I made my own PSL a few weeks ago when I found two leftover K-cups from last year. It was heaven in a cup.
    I like the new look but you are the one who needs to love it because you look at it so many times a day!

I feel you on the Starbies loves, I just wrote about how I’m SO excited for the holiday red cups to come in to Starbucks. I mean that is just the best thing ever!;)
    I really like the white background, it looks a lot cleaner and professional, in my opinion.
    I’ve been loving salads too, which is weird since usually I don’t crave them as much by the end of summer.
    Lisa recently posted..Granola Pancakes

12. Jennifer Tu says

The white doesn’t look bad…but I prefer the pink. I feel it looks like something is missing. But perhaps it is just that I am so used to the pink. Dunno? And I love your header! Now I am craving a pumpkin spice latte. I just adore the pumpkin cream cheese muffins that Starbucks has this time of year!

13. Taylor says

I think I like the all white! It may take a bit to get used to, but then again when doesn’t change cause those feelings?

Speaking of bedroom changes….I just spent over two hours overhauling/rearranging mine! Talk about tiring!

Also….did you end up getting the reply email I sent a week or so ago? If you did and just didn’t want to respond that’s totally fine! I understand! I hope you enjoy your football tonight (and all the nights to come)!

14. Rochelle says

I have to say that I LOVE your blog, but since you asked for opinions, I personally think the white looks somewhat plain. Perhaps you could just change the color to something more “fall-ish”, like…I dunno…a PUMPKIN color? Just a thought. And I think it would still go with all the other colors incorporated into the blog. I do love me some pink, though. But…being that you’re the type who likes to change things up, maybe you could start changing the colors on the blog more regularly. Oranges, reds and browns for fall. Blue, white, silver, or RED and GREEN for winter. Bright colors for Spring or summer, etc. Just a thought.

In regard to Starbucks and their seasonal drinks, my favorite is the Caramel Brulee Latte, only available from Thanksgiving until the New Year. The crunchy little things they put on top are the BEST!!!

As fas as football goes, it has taken me a long time to get past some of the personal issues I had that surounded football when I was younger, but now that I no longer hold those grudges, I am able to say that I love football. I enjoy lazy Sundays with the tv on, lounging around, etc. What’s even BETTER is college football. GO DUCKS! (<— Helps that I am walking distance from Autzen Stadium!!!)

I am a Connecticut girl living in SW Florida. If it weren’t for football season and pumpkin spice lattes I might never know Fall is here. That’s part of the reason I love them. I linked you in a post of mine this morning (my blog is still under construction). Take a look! Love your blog. :)

16. Kelli says

Totally excited for football! It is one of the many reasons I love the Fall. As a lifelong NY Jets fan I am counting down to my trip to the season opener against the Bikes on Sunday, which is also Curtis Martin day! I am also obsessed with anything pumpkin related when it comes to food!

17. Caroline says

Pink is better! White looks a little bland. Still love your blog though :) Maybe change it up with a different color?

18. Shannon says

I like the white, but the only bad thing about the white is that it makes the page much brighter than before. Other than that, the blog is looking great! :)

19. Elizabeth says

To be honest, I don’t like the white. It looks empty, and it kind of hard on the eyes! The pink is cute and goes with your header :)

I think the white looks fine but then again, I didn’t notice the pink was gone until you said something. Oops!!

I would totally be on board for the pumpkin latte if it weren’t 102 degrees today. I am yearning for cooler temps. I swear, I just lost 2 pounds of sweat waiting in the heat to pick my daughter up from school. Bleh!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW #12, Falling Into Good Habits

I prefer pink, but that’s just me :) As for that latte… I want one too!!! I need to figure out if Starbucks in Amsterdam has it as well.. Our Dutchies aren’t too fond of pumpkin for some reason (God knows why?! I sure don’t!) so I’m afraid not… maybe I can create one myself 😉 Hmm… pumpkin & pumpkin pie spices all around! I love fall! XO Leanne
    Leanne recently posted..WIAW fall, winter, spring, summer and fall again…

VERY excited for football! GIANTS :)

I also rearranged and painted my room SO many times growing up. My mom started making me do everything myself. I remember trying to paint stripes on my wall once and it was MISERABLE! I also refused to use drop cloths bc those were just annoying.. so I ended up with paint splatters all over my nice beige carpet, too!
    Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Wedding: Putting on the Dress

Honestly I really liked the pink background best, but either looks good! :)
    I’ve never had a pumpkin spice latte before…the horror, I know :) but I don’t like coffee at. all. My husband says I need to try something just coffee-related that just tastes good and slowly adjust to liking the taste. Maybe a PSL should be my first try?
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #37: Fall into Good Habits

24. Jessica says

Did you know that the Pumpkin Spice Latte also comes in a VIA now too? Yup! I’m gonna go pick some up tomorrow. :)

I liked the pink, I think you need something in the background to keep it from looking empty – I love your header design too I’d be sad if you changed it! Could you maybe use a bit of a designer input? To revamp with some minimalist style but still keep the character of the blog which is very unique and eclectic. Happy to help if you think about getting some design work done… I’m almost done with my studies (woohoo!) so I’ll be picking up where I left off in the studio again soon 😀
    Sarah recently posted..Tea Fuel

Girl you know I’m all over the football Sundays! I’m nauseous watching this game right now!!! Plus my 2 fantasy teams! Yeah for football!

I like your header. It’s perfect for you and very recognizable.

27. Tori K says

I love the all white! So clean looking and pretty. You’re definitely making me want to go out first thing tomorrow and get a PSL…sooooo yummm!

28. Karen says

Random Question – not about this post. What did you think of the movie The Lucky One? I watched it last week, I was waiting forever for it to come out. I did not read the book though, did you?

• Courtney says

I really liked it! I did read the book, so there were a few differences that I noticed, but I thought the movie was really great. Hubby even sat through it, too. 😉

29. Whitney says

White is boring! Need color :)

So excited football is back on and happy the Cowboys won last night! I’m soooo ready for the cool weather and I’ve already got my house decorated for fall! weeeee

30. Kerry says

Definitely not alone on the football front!! I am more of a college football fan than NFL but LOVE it all! (Especially my Clemson Tigers and Washington Redskins!!!) Although I have to say, I will be watching your Jets this year because of Tebow! :)

I get so bored with my blog too! I want a new header, so am in the process of getting a little face lift :)

I love having pre cooked chicken for quick meals! Gosh your salads look amazing, hun! I love avocado and beets in my salads! :)

1. […] a different note, thanks a bunch for all of your honest feedback yesterday on the blog design changes. Today I’m back to pink – but I’m still probably going to be […]