Is Anyone Else Excited?

by Courtney on September 5, 2012

So I spent a few minutes playing around a bit on the blog this morning…that’s usually a recipe for disaster, but I kept to a few simple things this time.

I was getting a bit bored with the pink background and decided to polish it up and make it all white…what do you guys think? Yay or nay? I’m still on the fence.

I’m also starting to get a bit bored with my header too (in case you couldn’t tell, I was definitely the child who had to rearrange her bedroom furniture at least once a month and beg for new paint and/or a new comforter at least once a year). I don’t know. I may be in the market for a new one (header, not bedroom) sometime soon…we’ll see!

*****

Lunch

So I’m loving salads right now. Like, a lot.

I actually enjoyed a very similar version of this salad for dinner last night and decided to repeat it again today for lunch.

On top of a bed of romaine and spinach, I added some cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers, beets, avocado, leftover grilled chicken tenders, feta cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.

It was so good…and can I just say how awesome it is to already have pre-cooked chicken in the fridge and ready to go? Talk about easy…I need to do this more often!

On another note, I totally forgot to mention this yesterday (and if you follow me on Instagram then you already know), but yesterday morning I did, indeed, enjoy my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season from Starbucks.

I ordered it my usual way, and it was just wonderful. Ohh, it’s the little things, isn’t it? According to my Instagram and Twitter feeds, I don’t think I was the only one enjoying this little slice of heaven yesterday…were you in on the PSL train too?

So going along with all things fall…is anyone else excited that football is officially back on TV tonight?!?

I have a feeling I may be in the minority with many of you out there on this one, but hey, ya never know. I just love our football Sundays that we have around here – it’s something I look forward to every year (aka, it’s the perfect excuse to get together with friends and eat lots of good food). Plus, I’m all set with my second year in a football pool and am hoping to win BIG.

Riiiiight. That would be if I actually had a clue when I make my picks. Winking smile

1 Kate September 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm

i think it looks too empty :/ maybe because there’s so many pink tones otherwise. or maybe i’m just not used to it!

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 5, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I think I also liked the pink too just because I was used to seeing it for so long. I want to like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes but they are way too sweet for me. Someone told me to try asking for just one pump of pumpkin instead of the usual 3 they do. I think I might have to try it :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Man’s Best Friend…

3 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced September 5, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I’m a huge fan of the color pink, so I definitely loved the pink background, but the white is also nice as well!!

As for that salad… It looks amazing!!! I need to learn how to make salads like this, but I typically don’t like them (probably because mine usually consist of lettuce and dressing- BORING!)

Pumpkin Spiced Lattes!!!!!! I had my first one of the season on Monday!!

And football- I’m not with you on that one, the only sport I can stand to watch on TV is Gymnastics and I only really get that every 4 years!
Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Wanderlust Wednesdays: Zanzibar, Tanzania

4 Brigitt September 5, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I absolutely love it, but I’ve always been a big fan of the minimalist looks! Your not alone on the football front. I just started to get into it over the last year or two, but I think it’s a great excuse for my two favorite things–friends and food!
Brigitt recently posted..Grilled Eggplant Melts With Bruschetta

5 Faith @ The Cheap Girl's Guide to Chic September 5, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I love that pumpkin season and football season basically were on top of each other this year. Can’t get any better than that!

I think I liked the pink too. The white is cleaner, but the pink was more visually interesting. It was kind of “your thing”!
Faith @ The Cheap Girl’s Guide to Chic recently posted..Finding an Apartment on Craigslist

6 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Yay for fall-time! Pumpkin spice lattes are the best. And I am excited about the upcoming football season–but more for the get-togethers than anything. ;)
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Cookbook Release: Pigskin Paleo

7 Sana September 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I always have blog envy and want to redo mine :)
Sana recently posted..Mental Benefits of Physical Activity {VLOG}

8 Stephanie @ Steph's Miles September 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I think the white background makes it look fresher. The white and pink reminds me of the fitnessista’s new design. Nice to see you on her fitness tips compilation, by the way! I think we all get the itch to change things once in while.. I’m in the process of changing my bedroom as you mention it!
Stephanie @ Steph’s Miles recently posted..WIAW: Labor Day Edition

9 Becka @ simplybecka September 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Now that it is gone I miss the pink! Ah. LOL Maybe another pretty color is in order. Have fun. Oh the season of autumn has arrived if Starbucks says so. Yeah! ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..open your heart more…

10 Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries September 5, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I’ve never put avocado and feta in the same salad. Looks delicious? Who’s your favorite team–after the Jets, of course? :)
Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries recently posted..Fall is for Baking: 5 Autumn-Inspired Recipes

11 Sam @ The Real Pretty September 5, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I am the same way about my decor of any sorts (house, blog, etc.). I have to have it constantly changing. I do think without the pink it looks a little too empty… like something is missing.

PS- I am so excited for FBall as well… GO COWBOYS!
Sam @ The Real Pretty recently posted..Labor Day Family Reunion

12 Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat September 5, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Now that you’ve changed things, I miss the pink! I’m not really a huge fan of pink to begin with, but now your page just looks kinda empty? Maybe it’s time to use another color?

I hate FB, so it can just go away as far as I’m concerned – but I am excited for fall flavors and fall fashion!
Brittany @ ReadRunRepeat recently posted..yummy broccoli?!

13 Trixie September 5, 2012 at 2:26 pm

The white looks SO good! I love pink, but I’m definitely a fan of simple, clean blog designs. And I’m finishing up a pumpkin spice latte right now! =)

14 Rachael September 5, 2012 at 2:26 pm

You are definitely not alone about being excited for football season!

15 Stef September 5, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I am sooo excited about football season! I watch both college and NFL, but I am definitely an NFL girl at heart. Go Browns! (yeah…we suck.) I also play fantasy football each year and I am really hoping my team does well!

And I agree that something seems to be missing without the pink. And I am usually a fan of white backgrounds!

16 Connie September 5, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I knew there was something different when I visited the blog this morning! I actually love it…I’m all about clean, simple designs, so I think the white looks great. Since I just started my blog, I picked a super plain temporary template, but I’m working with Jenny from PB and Jenny to create a new header for me. So excited to see how it turns out!

My boyfriend is very similar to you in that he always wants to rearrange furniture and change things up. He even likes to rearrange the spices in the spice cabinet, hahah. What a goose;)
Connie recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

17 Karen September 5, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I liked the pink or perhaps a new color background, but it is a little empty looking now. Again, it may be that I am use to it but it blends in and before it popped out at you.

The salad on the other hand looks marvelous!

18 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 5, 2012 at 2:38 pm

i think i like the pink background! i was definitely the same way with rearranging my furniture and asking for new bedding when I was younger..I always switched my bed from one side of the wall to the other lol..i enjoyed my first pumpkin spice latte today too but i got an iced because it is so humid here today!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-”Fall”ing into good habits!

19 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real September 5, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Haha, I just read your first comment that said “it looks too empty” and I thought it was referring to your Pumpkin Spice Latte cup! It does look like you took a few sips before you took a picture. I made my own PSL a few weeks ago when I found two leftover K-cups from last year. It was heaven in a cup.
I like the new look but you are the one who needs to love it because you look at it so many times a day!

20 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 5, 2012 at 2:46 pm

This girl is SUPER EXCITED!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Meet our bundle of joy!

21 Candice September 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I love it! It just appears more cleaner.
I’m loving salads right now to, the more goat cheese the better!
Candice recently posted..Labor Day Tri

22 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 5, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Wish people were as much in pumpkin in Ireland, I’m a pumpkin addict, puree, kabocha, muffins, oats, pancakes..it’s the best thing ever! I don’t think they ever do pumpkin lattes here?
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..By no means a buff

23 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I like it both ways…pink or white! I know what you mean about getting bored easily with your design, I am in the process of completely redoing my whole blog!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Quick Treadmill Interval Workout

24 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 5, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I’m so jealous of your pumpkin spice latte! I have yet to get one yet and need to get to starbucks ASAP! You’re not alone on the football! I’m so excited for football season! It’s one of the best parts of fall!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday!

25 Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl September 5, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I like the white and the pink. I think the pink made it feel a little more unique and fun tho.
Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl recently posted..Cruise Tips: Save Time and Money on your next Cruise

26 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 5, 2012 at 3:16 pm

i just got my first ever pumpkin spice latte this morning and loved it! definitely a tad too sweet (next time i’ll ask for less syrup) but it was really good.. fall is *almost* here!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Vlog #2! {Sweat Pink + WIAW}

27 michelle kim September 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm

OMG, Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back?? Woo hooooo!
michelle kim recently posted..Upcoming Events and Kinda Cooking

28 Lisa September 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I feel you on the Starbies loves, I just wrote about how I’m SO excited for the holiday red cups to come in to Starbucks. I mean that is just the best thing ever!;)
I really like the white background, it looks a lot cleaner and professional, in my opinion.
I’ve been loving salads too, which is weird since usually I don’t crave them as much by the end of summer.
Lisa recently posted..Granola Pancakes

29 Annette@FitnessPerks September 5, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I think I like the white!

YAY for Fall season! I totally don’t love it as much as summer, but I do enjoy pumpkin everything :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Get To – NOT Have To

30 Jennifer Tu September 5, 2012 at 3:43 pm

The white doesn’t look bad…but I prefer the pink. I feel it looks like something is missing. But perhaps it is just that I am so used to the pink. Dunno? And I love your header! Now I am craving a pumpkin spice latte. I just adore the pumpkin cream cheese muffins that Starbucks has this time of year!

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 5, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I don’t think the white looks bad, but I think I like the pink better!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Look Inside our Fridge

32 Taylor September 5, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I think I like the all white! It may take a bit to get used to, but then again when doesn’t change cause those feelings?

Speaking of bedroom changes….I just spent over two hours overhauling/rearranging mine! Talk about tiring!

Also….did you end up getting the reply email I sent a week or so ago? If you did and just didn’t want to respond that’s totally fine! I understand! I hope you enjoy your football tonight (and all the nights to come)!

33 Rochelle September 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I have to say that I LOVE your blog, but since you asked for opinions, I personally think the white looks somewhat plain. Perhaps you could just change the color to something more “fall-ish”, like…I dunno…a PUMPKIN color? Just a thought. And I think it would still go with all the other colors incorporated into the blog. I do love me some pink, though. But…being that you’re the type who likes to change things up, maybe you could start changing the colors on the blog more regularly. Oranges, reds and browns for fall. Blue, white, silver, or RED and GREEN for winter. Bright colors for Spring or summer, etc. Just a thought.

In regard to Starbucks and their seasonal drinks, my favorite is the Caramel Brulee Latte, only available from Thanksgiving until the New Year. The crunchy little things they put on top are the BEST!!!

As fas as football goes, it has taken me a long time to get past some of the personal issues I had that surounded football when I was younger, but now that I no longer hold those grudges, I am able to say that I love football. I enjoy lazy Sundays with the tv on, lounging around, etc. What’s even BETTER is college football. GO DUCKS! (<— Helps that I am walking distance from Autzen Stadium!!!)

34 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 5, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I was totally the kid that had to rearrange her room all the time! I’m also the girl who now moves every year or so and while it’s usually for a good reason, I never mind the opportunity to organize a new space. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday / Moving Edition

35 Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream September 5, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I am a Connecticut girl living in SW Florida. If it weren’t for football season and pumpkin spice lattes I might never know Fall is here. That’s part of the reason I love them. I linked you in a post of mine this morning (my blog is still under construction). Take a look! Love your blog. :)

36 Kelli September 5, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Totally excited for football! It is one of the many reasons I love the Fall. As a lifelong NY Jets fan I am counting down to my trip to the season opener against the Bikes on Sunday, which is also Curtis Martin day! I am also obsessed with anything pumpkin related when it comes to food!

37 Kelli September 5, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Oops! The Bills (darn autocorrect!)

38 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling September 5, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I enjoyed my first PSL of the season yesterday as well! I’m already craving another…

39 Caroline September 5, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Pink is better! White looks a little bland. Still love your blog though :) Maybe change it up with a different color?

40 Liz @ IHeartVegetables September 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I like the white background because I feel like it makes everything easier to read! Either way is cute though :)
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Cost Saving Tricks

41 Lauren September 5, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Toly has been talking about Football Sundays for over a month now. I’m definitely ready but I usually get burned out quickly because we literally can not make ANY plans on Sundays from now until March. :)
Lauren recently posted..Breaking My Running Rules

42 Shannon September 5, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I like the white, but the only bad thing about the white is that it makes the page much brighter than before. Other than that, the blog is looking great! :)

43 Elizabeth September 5, 2012 at 4:57 pm

To be honest, I don’t like the white. It looks empty, and it kind of hard on the eyes! The pink is cute and goes with your header :)

44 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 5, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I think the white looks fine but then again, I didn’t notice the pink was gone until you said something. Oops!!

I would totally be on board for the pumpkin latte if it weren’t 102 degrees today. I am yearning for cooler temps. I swear, I just lost 2 pounds of sweat waiting in the heat to pick my daughter up from school. Bleh!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW #12, Falling Into Good Habits

45 Mary September 5, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I am a football widow!

46 Leanne September 5, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I prefer pink, but that’s just me :) As for that latte… I want one too!!! I need to figure out if Starbucks in Amsterdam has it as well.. Our Dutchies aren’t too fond of pumpkin for some reason (God knows why?! I sure don’t!) so I’m afraid not… maybe I can create one myself ;) Hmm… pumpkin & pumpkin pie spices all around! I love fall! XO Leanne
Leanne recently posted..WIAW fall, winter, spring, summer and fall again…

47 Cait @ Beyond Bananas September 5, 2012 at 6:31 pm

VERY excited for football! GIANTS :)

I also rearranged and painted my room SO many times growing up. My mom started making me do everything myself. I remember trying to paint stripes on my wall once and it was MISERABLE! I also refused to use drop cloths bc those were just annoying.. so I ended up with paint splatters all over my nice beige carpet, too!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Wedding: Putting on the Dress

48 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 5, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I’m excited about college football, but not so much NFL. I just think college is more exciting! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A pre-birthday weekend celebration.

49 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 5, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Hehe I was definitely the girl who was always rearranging her bedroom. I remember constantly bugging my parents to help me move furniture around when I was little. That being said, I think I preferred the look of your blog before, with the pink… I like minimalist looks, but it just seems a bit too empty now.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … keeping bad habits at bay .

50 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 5, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I like the white – it looks cleaner/classier/easier to read! :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..chia seed coconut almond butter

51 Danica @ It's Progression September 5, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Honestly I really liked the pink background best, but either looks good! :)
I’ve never had a pumpkin spice latte before…the horror, I know :) but I don’t like coffee at. all. My husband says I need to try something just coffee-related that just tastes good and slowly adjust to liking the taste. Maybe a PSL should be my first try?
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #37: Fall into Good Habits

52 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 5, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I ordered my first PSL today! I think they gave me 2% instead of the nonfat that I asked for, but oh well! I just read your old PSL post — I get 2 pumps in mine, it still tastes good :)!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Wedding Recap: The Rehearsal

53 Jessica @jessicafarrulla.com September 5, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Did you know that the Pumpkin Spice Latte also comes in a VIA now too? Yup! I’m gonna go pick some up tomorrow. :)

54 Courtney September 5, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I did NOT! Will be on the lookout though ;)
Thanks!

55 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife September 5, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I can’t wait to have my first pumpkin spice latte of the season! Can’t wait :)

& I LOVE football season!! I am totally obsessed. I currently have three fantasy football teams & one survivor league…I’m a little nuts, for sure!

GO BIRDS!
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Fall fanatic & some September goals

56 Sarah September 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I liked the pink, I think you need something in the background to keep it from looking empty – I love your header design too I’d be sad if you changed it! Could you maybe use a bit of a designer input? To revamp with some minimalist style but still keep the character of the blog which is very unique and eclectic. Happy to help if you think about getting some design work done… I’m almost done with my studies (woohoo!) so I’ll be picking up where I left off in the studio again soon :D
Sarah recently posted..Tea Fuel

57 Carissa September 5, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Girl you know I’m all over the football Sundays! I’m nauseous watching this game right now!!! Plus my 2 fantasy teams! Yeah for football!

I like your header. It’s perfect for you and very recognizable.

58 Marielle September 5, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Ha I just had my first pumpkin spice latte today as well and it was great!
& I love football season as well, been looking forward to it for awhile! :)
Marielle recently posted..Strong Arms & Weekend Fun

59 Tori K September 5, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I love the all white! So clean looking and pretty. You’re definitely making me want to go out first thing tomorrow and get a PSL…sooooo yummm!

60 Karen September 6, 2012 at 8:48 am

Random Question – not about this post. What did you think of the movie The Lucky One? I watched it last week, I was waiting forever for it to come out. I did not read the book though, did you?

61 Courtney September 6, 2012 at 8:54 am

I really liked it! I did read the book, so there were a few differences that I noticed, but I thought the movie was really great. Hubby even sat through it, too. ;)

62 Whitney September 6, 2012 at 9:11 am

White is boring! Need color :)

So excited football is back on and happy the Cowboys won last night! I’m soooo ready for the cool weather and I’ve already got my house decorated for fall! weeeee

63 Kerry September 6, 2012 at 9:16 am

Definitely not alone on the football front!! I am more of a college football fan than NFL but LOVE it all! (Especially my Clemson Tigers and Washington Redskins!!!) Although I have to say, I will be watching your Jets this year because of Tebow! :)

64 Jai September 6, 2012 at 10:55 am

I know what you mean… I want to redesign every day. My sister is a designer and does some great blog headers… including mine! :) She has an etsy shop of her designs (http://www.etsy.com/shop/KBTGRAPHICS) but can work something out if you contact her directly!
Jai recently posted..Mini Sweet Potato Enchiladas

65 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 6, 2012 at 11:14 am

Haven’t enjoyed a PSL yet…but I’m thinking a coffee break is in order at the office today! Time to satisfy that craving, I love fall!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..First Day of Grad School!

66 Bek @ Crave September 7, 2012 at 5:00 am

The blog is back to normal and I can read it :) I’m not crazy on football but I do enjoy going to live games!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The importance of breakfast

67 Meg September 10, 2012 at 6:22 am

I get so bored with my blog too! I want a new header, so am in the process of getting a little face lift :)

I love having pre cooked chicken for quick meals! Gosh your salads look amazing, hun! I love avocado and beets in my salads! :)