No Biggie

by Courtney on September 6, 2012

Well gooooood morning to you all! How’s everyone doing on this lovely Thursday morning? Despite the fact that for the second night in a row I’ve woken up wide awake at 4am, I’m not too shabby.

Luckily last night’s wake up call only lasted about twenty minutes – as opposed to Tuesday night’s hour and a half (seriously?), but since I decided not to stay up for the whole football game (I watched maybe the first hour while eating my bowl of real ice cream after ironing curtains for a friggin’ hour and a half) and managed to get to sleep at a decent hour, it was no biggie.

How was that for a long-winded run-on?

When the alarm went off at 6:15 this morning, I only required two snoozes (not too bad), got up, got dressed, and got ready to do some living room Pilates and yoga.

You guys like my new FitFluential tank? I actually got it from the lovely Kelly while I was at HLS last month and I’m loving it. Suuuuper comfy. If you’re interested, you can get your hands on one of your own by going here.

So Pilates was great – I found a video on my Exercise Sportskool channel that was just short of an hour long and it included tons of great toning exercises. Can’t remember the name of it though…I should go back and check that out, since I’m pretty sure I’m gonna want to do it again.

Breakfast

Post-workout, it was food time.

Coffee, of course, along with a delicious 1-egg, provolone, turkey bacon, & jam sandwich on a whole wheat English muffin.

I don’t know what it was about this particular sandwich, but it was a good one.

REAL good.

On a different note, thanks a bunch for all of your honest feedback yesterday on the blog design changes. Today I’m back to pink – but I’m still probably going to be playing around a bit, so don’t be surprised if you see a few switches here and there. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

Do you have any unusual sleep patterns/habits?

1 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 6, 2012 at 9:24 am

I definitely have some weird sleep patterns – lately I have been waking up at least an hour before I need to get up and haven’t been able to go back to sleep.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..C25K Week 5 Recap

2 Elaine September 6, 2012 at 9:25 am

I’m such a night person, so I always have trouble falling asleep. But once I’m asleep, I’m out. Waking up at 4am sounds awful!
Elaine recently posted..Summer Vegetables and Sausage

3 Ellie September 6, 2012 at 9:26 am

I go through sleep cycles. Over the last few months I have been getting up trying to get up earlier and go to bed earlier. I do great with it until about Thursday… then things sort of fall apart…
You know how that goes
Ellie
Ellie recently posted..Frozen Food

4 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 6, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’ve been waking up pretty early–around 5 a.m.–lately, too. Maybe it’s the fall weather? I usually get up early during the spring and summer, but once winter hits, all I want to do is sleep! And I’m definitely a fan of the pink! :)
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Just Keep Swimming

5 STUFT Mama September 6, 2012 at 9:27 am

Arent the tanks fun? :) oh my, I have an egg white and jam sandwich pretty much every single morning. I need to add some turkey bacon next. good luck with the blog design. :)
STUFT Mama recently posted..Don’t You Go Hiding on Me- Ginormous Microwave Muffin Recipe

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 6, 2012 at 9:28 am

Before my move, I was having insomnia on a regular basis. Now that my move has ended, I can’t wake up every morning. It’s like my body is trying to make up for all of that lost sleep NOW. I’m hoping it passes before I start working again…lol
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Road Home

7 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 6, 2012 at 9:30 am

I wake up at 5 a.m. every day, even on the weekends, and most people think that is pretty unusual!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Sams Fun City + Movie Night

8 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 6, 2012 at 9:31 am

Lately I’ve been waking up right around 4 am too… So frustrating! I have no idea how long I lay awake, but I usually fall back asleep for a little bit before my alarm goes off. I love the look of that egg sandwich!! Yummmm!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..09/06: Thursday Thoughts

9 Beks September 6, 2012 at 9:41 am

I’ve been sleeping a lot better this week since I started a new workout program, and while I still haven’t wanted to get up at 6 AM, I’ve been able to get up a lot easier. I guess my body’s been going into a deeper sleep and getting more rest. Coffee is still a must, though!

One thing I hate is that I can’t sleep in until noon anymore. Kind of annoying. Haven’t been able to do that since I graduated college, practically. :-(
Beks recently posted..Intimidation is All Mental

10 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 6, 2012 at 10:00 am

I don’t know how many snoozes I have! There only short 5 minute ones! I’m up by 5.30 most mornings though…so I guess that makes it 6 on average!

11 Khushboo September 6, 2012 at 10:01 am

Call me a tech addict but I always wake up in the middle of the night, check my emails and fall back asleep…not the best habit! Love the pink background more!
Khushboo recently posted..I completed a marathon!!!…

12 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 6, 2012 at 10:03 am

i’m obsessed with my fitfluential tank! it looks great on you! i don’t really have any unusual sleep patterns but on the weekends my sleep gets all messed up..mainly because I stay out too late haha but I guess that’s what college is for!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Peanut Butter Banana Protein Soft Serve

13 Cassie D. September 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

My sleep has been so messed up lately, too! Since one of my two kitties passed away almost a month ago, I’ve woken up at 4 a.m. every.single.night. I have the hardest time getting back to sleep, which doesn’t make my 6 a.m. wake-up time for work any easier! I’m definitely a big fan of the snooze button :)

14 Yellow Haired Girl September 6, 2012 at 10:16 am

Lately, I can’t shut my mind off when I go to bed. I’m usually pretty good at being able to stop work/life related thoughts, but not this week. I toss and turn until just after midnight and then, as a result, sleep in wayyyyy too late in the morning. Like today. Let’s just say, I’ve looked prettier ;)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..First Fall WIAW

15 Leigh September 6, 2012 at 10:17 am

Since the birth of my daughter last year, I wake up every morning around 5:45 without an alarm clock!! It’s so frustrating because I when I want to sleep late, I still get up at the same time!

16 Courtney September 6, 2012 at 10:42 am

That always amazes me when people say that! So do you always feel well rested when you wake up??

17 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

I get up at 4 am in general–because I work out before leaving for work (which is 6:30 am). I’m also an “early to bed” person, too. Usually by 9:00 at the latest!

btw, your breakfast does look delicious–especially the provolone cheese! good idea!
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Cookbook Release: Pigskin Paleo

18 Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries September 6, 2012 at 10:21 am

Sometimes I wake up and think my dreams are real because I’m doing something related to them. I once sorted a pile of CDs and woke up holding a 90s hits CD…classic.
Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries recently posted..Dine Des Moines: Nick ‘n’ Willy’s Pizza

19 Courtney September 6, 2012 at 10:41 am

LOL – that is great.

20 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 6, 2012 at 10:21 am

Lately it has been really hard for me to sleep! I go through spurts where its really hard for me to sleep for nights at a time :( The worsttttttttt…..sometimes I even have to sneak some tylenol pm if it’s been a few nights, because let me tell you I am NOT fun if I don’t get my rest! I only do that very sparingly though!

I have to get one of those Fitfluential tanks! I keep forgetting!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..U.S Open Recap #2

21 Thais @ Eatsnmiles September 6, 2012 at 10:26 am

I love your tank! I have a question for you… how do you stay so slim with such low impact exercise (Pilates, yoga)? You look great!!
Thais @ Eatsnmiles recently posted..Sick Day and Blog Makeover

22 Courtney September 6, 2012 at 10:40 am

Thank you! I’ve definitely got some extra meat on my bones these days, but I’ve also been trying to make smart choices, too. Honestly, I feel like that photo turned out to be a lot more forgiving than I expected, haha. ;)

23 Rachel September 6, 2012 at 10:27 am

Lately I’ve been going to bed around 11 to wake up at 7 to run/workout :) I’m also weird with sleeping, I don’t wake up ever haha so I wake up with such a full bladder hahaha it’s awful!
Rachel recently posted..Just a thought…

24 Courtney September 6, 2012 at 10:41 am

Haha, that’s what usually wakes me up in the middle of the night!

25 Steph @ StephSnacks September 6, 2012 at 10:37 am

Mmmm that breakfast looks so good right now! Maybe I will re-create it for dinner :-)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

26 robfiasco @ run 2 the hills September 6, 2012 at 10:57 am

got my fitfluential tee last week! love it!!

i’ve been messing with my sleep schedule to find out what works. last night I had 4 hours sleep and feel more rested than I did when I had 7 hours. Not sure how that works….haha
robfiasco @ run 2 the hills recently posted..i absolutely love half days…..

27 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 6, 2012 at 11:17 am

Lately I always wake up in the wee hours of the morning too. I don’t stay awake though, I check the clock, see that I still have time to sleep, and promptly zonk out! haha
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..First Day of Grad School!

28 Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine September 6, 2012 at 11:22 am

I tend to constantly wake up around 5:30a, and I’m all like ‘Oh! No way, going back to bed!’

You know you’re an adult when you ‘iron curtains’ hahaha. Last weekend, I was excited I bought memory-foam pillows…
Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine recently posted..One of my BEST Dishes

29 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 6, 2012 at 11:32 am

LOVE your nail polish in that pic! My dog has decided to wake up at 3 am every night/morning this week and jump on and off the bed to get comfortable, then go about to sleep around 4ish….super annoying!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..All-Occasion Pasta Salad

30 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 6, 2012 at 11:35 am

I have the worst sleeping problems lately! I wake up at least 3 times throughout the night. Last night I woke up around 2:30 and swore there was someone outside of our apartment making the most ridiculous noises. As soon as I went out to check it out, it stopped (naturally).

I love that tank! So cute and I love the color!

31 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 6, 2012 at 11:52 am

I love the pink on the blog not going to lie! I actually love how it looks right now! But I always want to change around mine so I totally understand! I need tons of sleep and always crash at night and have the hardest time getting up every morning!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Two of my Favorite Things: Coconut Almond Butter!

32 Lauren September 6, 2012 at 12:54 pm

For some reason, I had an awful time getting up this morning when my alarm went off at 6:30am. Odd because it was an entire hour later than I am used to. Oh well, a good workout woke me up too!
Lauren recently posted..Back To The Books

33 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

If I could just get to bed before midnight I would be doing well. With two kids who wake up at 6am, going to bed that late is not my best idea!!

Your breakfast sandwich looks delicious!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..My Fall Bucket List

34 Liz @ IHeartVegetables September 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I need to order a fitfluential tank top! They’re so cute!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Cost Saving Tricks

35 Brandi September 6, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I do! No matter how late I got to bed, I always end up getting up early the next morning. And I always seem to wake up just before my alarm is going to go off. Always. :)

36 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 6, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I’m still in vacation mood, so going to bed anytime between 11 pm and 1 am. but for the last several mornings I’ve woken up at 7:47 am exactly. Weirdness.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Things on a Thursday.

37 Rachael September 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I like the having the pink back! It just seemed like something was missing before. I have a horrible sleeping pattern since I switch shifts for work. Right now I go between nights/pms so it is common for me to struggle with sleeping at night when I have the chance.

38 Shannon September 6, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Last year, I had a rough couple of weeks or so when I’d get up around four thirty thinking that it was time for me to get ready for school. I had 2 hours of more sleep. I fell back asleep but woke up again around 5:30, then 5:55, waiting for school, really. I hope it doesn’t happen again this year!

39 Victoria September 6, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Are you better now? Have been working out more!!!!

40 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat September 6, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I usually wake up at 4am, I’m not sure why, my alarm doesn’t go off for another hour!! haha anyways, lately my alarm has been waking me up, which is very odd since I normally wake up all throughout the night. I hope you start getting some better sleep!!
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..My Hair Looks Like What?!

41 Bek @ Crave September 7, 2012 at 5:02 am

Lately, I’ve been waking up at my usual time wanting more sleep- but I’ve actually had adequate amounts- is there such a thing as too much? haha.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The importance of breakfast

42 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit September 7, 2012 at 7:11 am

I hate it when I wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night (this happens often), and before I lay back down I check my phone for the time and there is only a minute to spare before my alarm clock goes off :-( It is the worst! I usually hold my phone close to me and close my eyes trying to savor every last second of that final minute !!
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Cauliflower Wasabi Mashed Potatoes