No Biggie

Well gooooood morning to you all! How’s everyone doing on this lovely Thursday morning? Despite the fact that for the second night in a row I’ve woken up wide awake at 4am, I’m not too shabby.

Luckily last night’s wake up call only lasted about twenty minutes – as opposed to Tuesday night’s hour and a half (seriously?), but since I decided not to stay up for the whole football game (I watched maybe the first hour while eating my bowl of real ice cream after ironing curtains for a friggin’ hour and a half) and managed to get to sleep at a decent hour, it was no biggie.

How was that for a long-winded run-on?

When the alarm went off at 6:15 this morning, I only required two snoozes (not too bad), got up, got dressed, and got ready to do some living room Pilates and yoga.

You guys like my new FitFluential tank? I actually got it from the lovely Kelly while I was at HLS last month and I’m loving it. Suuuuper comfy. If you’re interested, you can get your hands on one of your own by going here.

So Pilates was great – I found a video on my Exercise Sportskool channel that was just short of an hour long and it included tons of great toning exercises. Can’t remember the name of it though…I should go back and check that out, since I’m pretty sure I’m gonna want to do it again.

Post-workout, it was food time.

Coffee, of course, along with a delicious 1-egg, provolone, turkey bacon, & jam sandwich on a whole wheat English muffin.

I don’t know what it was about this particular sandwich, but it was a good one.

REAL good.

On a different note, thanks a bunch for all of your honest feedback yesterday on the blog design changes. Today I’m back to pink – but I’m still probably going to be playing around a bit, so don’t be surprised if you see a few switches here and there. Winking smile

Question for the Morning:

Do you have any unusual sleep patterns/habits?

I go through sleep cycles. Over the last few months I have been getting up trying to get up earlier and go to bed earlier. I do great with it until about Thursday… then things sort of fall apart…
    You know how that goes
    Ellie recently posted..Frozen Food

Before my move, I was having insomnia on a regular basis. Now that my move has ended, I can’t wake up every morning. It’s like my body is trying to make up for all of that lost sleep NOW. I’m hoping it passes before I start working again…lol
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Road Home

I’ve been sleeping a lot better this week since I started a new workout program, and while I still haven’t wanted to get up at 6 AM, I’ve been able to get up a lot easier. I guess my body’s been going into a deeper sleep and getting more rest. Coffee is still a must, though!

One thing I hate is that I can’t sleep in until noon anymore. Kind of annoying. Haven’t been able to do that since I graduated college, practically. :-(
    Beks recently posted..Intimidation is All Mental

4. Cassie D. says

My sleep has been so messed up lately, too! Since one of my two kitties passed away almost a month ago, I’ve woken up at 4 a.m. every.single.night. I have the hardest time getting back to sleep, which doesn’t make my 6 a.m. wake-up time for work any easier! I’m definitely a big fan of the snooze button :)

Lately, I can’t shut my mind off when I go to bed. I’m usually pretty good at being able to stop work/life related thoughts, but not this week. I toss and turn until just after midnight and then, as a result, sleep in wayyyyy too late in the morning. Like today. Let’s just say, I’ve looked prettier 😉
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..First Fall WIAW

6. Leigh says

Since the birth of my daughter last year, I wake up every morning around 5:45 without an alarm clock!! It’s so frustrating because I when I want to sleep late, I still get up at the same time!

Lately it has been really hard for me to sleep! I go through spurts where its really hard for me to sleep for nights at a time :( The worsttttttttt…..sometimes I even have to sneak some tylenol pm if it’s been a few nights, because let me tell you I am NOT fun if I don’t get my rest! I only do that very sparingly though!

I have to get one of those Fitfluential tanks! I keep forgetting!
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..U.S Open Recap #2

• Courtney says

Thank you! I’ve definitely got some extra meat on my bones these days, but I’ve also been trying to make smart choices, too. Honestly, I feel like that photo turned out to be a lot more forgiving than I expected, haha. 😉

I have the worst sleeping problems lately! I wake up at least 3 times throughout the night. Last night I woke up around 2:30 and swore there was someone outside of our apartment making the most ridiculous noises. As soon as I went out to check it out, it stopped (naturally).

I love that tank! So cute and I love the color!

For some reason, I had an awful time getting up this morning when my alarm went off at 6:30am. Odd because it was an entire hour later than I am used to. Oh well, a good workout woke me up too!
    Lauren recently posted..Back To The Books

I do! No matter how late I got to bed, I always end up getting up early the next morning. And I always seem to wake up just before my alarm is going to go off. Always. :)

11. Rachael says

I like the having the pink back! It just seemed like something was missing before. I have a horrible sleeping pattern since I switch shifts for work. Right now I go between nights/pms so it is common for me to struggle with sleeping at night when I have the chance.

12. Shannon says

Last year, I had a rough couple of weeks or so when I’d get up around four thirty thinking that it was time for me to get ready for school. I had 2 hours of more sleep. I fell back asleep but woke up again around 5:30, then 5:55, waiting for school, really. I hope it doesn’t happen again this year!

I hate it when I wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night (this happens often), and before I lay back down I check my phone for the time and there is only a minute to spare before my alarm clock goes off :-( It is the worst! I usually hold my phone close to me and close my eyes trying to savor every last second of that final minute !!
    Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Cauliflower Wasabi Mashed Potatoes