Where Was I at 12:30am Last Night?

by Courtney on September 7, 2012

Well, I’d be willing to bet that you wouldn’t be able to guess where I was last night last at 12:30am.

Do I have your mind reeling yet?

Shortly after falling asleep on the couch during the encore performance of the MTV VMA’s, I was awaken by my phone alarm to remind me to get up and be out of the house by midnight.

To be here.

At the airport. And despite the fact that it was quickly approaching 1am, I was sooo darn excited becauuuuuse…

fb

I was there to pick up the hubby. Open-mouthed smile

He’d been away for the last three days for work in Charleston, SC (we were hoping it would work out so I could join him, but flights were just too darn expensive). There was a brief time yesterday where we thought he was going to get stranded in Baltimore, but luckily the airline was able to re-route him to bring him back home to me.

Guess who didn’t wake up at 4am last night?

It’s crazy how that works, but not having Jay here at night always leaves me SO on edge. I hear every little sound possible and automatically assume that either someone is trying to break into the house or there’s zombies under the bed. I’m not even kidding.

Okay, maybe a little with the zombie part…

Nonetheless, hubby is back, I finally slept through the night (even if we didn’t get to bed until 2am), and I’m a happy camper!

*****

I forgot to set an alarm last night, but luckily, I got a text wake up call from my lovely Sarah. Thanks, friend. Winking smile

I used that as my cue to get up, put on a pot of coffee, and make some breakfast.

We’ve got another peanut butter + pumpkin combo happenin’ today!

And it was delicious as ever.

*****

Quick side note…if you happened to “attempt” to visit the blog last night anywhere around 1-3am, you may have noticed that things looked a bit wonky (it somehow reverted back to an old face of STSL). Since I was still up, I frantically emailed Ryan, my tech support guru.

I just have to go ahead and give him a quick shout out here…he literally responded to my email within two minutes and had things figured out within a couple of hours (somehow there was a bizarre plugin conflict…way over my head). I seriously cannot say enough good things about Ryan and his business, WPSiteCare. If you’re ever looking for some support for your site, I would 110% recommend him. He is flippin’ fantastic!

Happy Fridayyyyy everyone! Who has something fun going on this weekend? I know I do!

1 Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit September 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

Just purchased a house so this will be a lay low kinda weekend for me. Maybe i’ll start packing boxes ;-)
Jenna @ Crazy Healthy Fit recently posted..Cauliflower Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

2 Heather September 7, 2012 at 9:24 am

What’s going on with the coloring on your arm?

3 Courtney September 7, 2012 at 9:32 am

Haha – it was my shadow ;)

4 Jen (@ jen is green) September 7, 2012 at 10:19 am

OMG i thought that was some weird tan line. LOL. glad it was just a shadow.
Jen (@ jen is green) recently posted..Weekly Workout Schedule – 9.3.12

5 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud September 7, 2012 at 9:44 am

I was so confused by that too!! haha
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud recently posted..Oh Friday

6 heather September 7, 2012 at 9:58 am

hah! i was looking at it trying to figure out what it was. then after i asked i felt bad like maybe it something wrong and i offended you so i had to go back and look at other pics of your arm to make sure it wasn’t a medical thing! hah

7 Nicole September 7, 2012 at 10:19 am

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! I was going to guess somewhere like the ER because you got a crazy burn while baking or something! SO glad it was just the shadows of the photo – that would have been horrible!

8 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride September 7, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I thought the same thing! When I first started reading I got nervous you were in the hospital! Crazy what a strange shadow can do.

9 Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian September 7, 2012 at 9:25 am

I totally agree with you about the being alone and all the noises thing. I do it all the time. Plus I am paranoid that someone will break in so I put a chair between the door and the sofa (which is like a million pounds, since it is solid wood). It was a lot of fun when Kenneth came home in the middle of the night and banged his head on the door and almost killed himself. It was funny!!!
Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Chicken…

10 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 7, 2012 at 9:33 am

I am the same way when my husband is gone or if he gets up earlier than I do. I cannot sleep without him next to me. It’s crazy how that happens.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Dog That Is So Loved…

11 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 7, 2012 at 9:39 am

Yay! So glad the hubby is home with you to keep you safe and sound! :) Haha I love your little zombie mention. Hope you have a great Friday!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Change

12 Angela @ Health's Angel September 7, 2012 at 10:01 am

The coloring on your arm freaked me out for a second. I thought you may have had to go to the hospital due to some freak reaction to something! Glad that isn’t the case…haha.
I LOVE Charleston. It’s too bad you couldn’t have gone with Jay. It is just beautiful there and I constantly talk about moving down that way. Maybe one day!
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..What Up, PiYo?

13 Claire September 7, 2012 at 10:02 am

Happy Friday! I agree, I have a hard time sleeping when my fiance’s gone too…glad he’s back :-) No more crazy noises in the night now!

How strange the blog went back to the old style. Maybe there is a secret blogging portal that happens between 1 and 3 am?!

Have a great day!
Claire recently posted..Things to do on a rest day

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 7, 2012 at 10:08 am

I totally understand the not being able to sleep thing. While I don’t have a husband, in the years that I’ve lived alone, I definitely notice the “noises” more than when I’ve lived somewhere with a roommate (except when they haven’t been there).
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Yogi of the Month!

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 7, 2012 at 10:21 am

I HATE when my husband is away!! …..Glad Jay is back! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Labor & Delivery Surprises

16 Rachel September 7, 2012 at 10:30 am

Awww yay! I totally do the same thing with being alone.. but mine usually is spirits coming to take my soul hahaha My sister being home obviously chases them away ;)
Rachel recently posted..Pilates Abs

17 Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries September 7, 2012 at 10:31 am

You must have been in some VERY bright light! I thought for sure it was burns, too…then I thought it was just my computer coloring so I refreshed the page. Glad it was just shadows, and glad Jay is back safe!
Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries recently posted..I’m Free(lance)!

18 Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream September 7, 2012 at 10:56 am

I’m totally with you about the zombies. When my husband isn’t home, I turn off the bedroom light and make a mad dash to get under the covers. Because everyone knows that covers are a force field against zombies! LOL.

19 Whitney September 7, 2012 at 11:15 am

Bummer you couldn’t go to Charleston.. it’s one of my favorite places!

Um I am such a whimp when Hubs is out of town. I sleep with one eye open..I am just convinced someone is going to break in and murder me. awesome.

20 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 7, 2012 at 11:15 am

Glad your hubby is back and you can sleep soundly now! I’m the same way when my husband is not home or out late…..we’re such scaredy cats! ;)
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Going Greek

21 Shannon September 7, 2012 at 11:24 am

So glad that Jay is back! I personally like having the house to myself. It’s nice and quiet, and I get stuff done that otherwise, with everyone else around, I wouldn’t have.

I don’t really have exciting plans for the weekend. Just finishing some last minute AP U.S. History work for Monday, and getting stuff together for the first day of school. :(

22 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 7, 2012 at 11:25 am

Haha, I’m the same exact way! The other night my dog barked in his sleep and I insisted there was a robber in our apartment and made Nick get up to go check…typical.

Can I take a wild guess that your fun plans just might involve the Jets this weekend? ;) Football is back, baby!

23 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 7, 2012 at 11:27 am

Seriously I need to try this combo!!!! I need to do some bagel making first!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The last of the flat bottoms

24 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 7, 2012 at 12:17 pm

your breakfast looks super yummy! i haven’t tried the pb/pumpkin combo before because the smell of fresh pumpkin eeks me out, but i might have to try it soon!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Bangs! {& Homemade Vitality Bowl Recipe}

25 Brittany @ Little b's healthy habits September 7, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I’m the same way when my fiance goes out of town! Absolutely hate it!
Brittany @ Little b’s healthy habits recently posted..Me Lately & My Inspiration

26 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 7, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I’m afraid of the dark as well when my husband is away! I have never lived by myself so I never had to adjust to it. I do have a home alarm though and that gives me a bit more piece of mind…..unless it goes off!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..My Fall Bucket List

27 Annette@FitnessPerks September 7, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Totally the same when the husband is gone for the night. WAY annoying–it’s hard for me to fall asleep, but then I stay asleep. Glad he’s back to keep you company!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Food Thoughts on a Friday

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 7, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I remember when I first moved out on my own, I could.not.sleep. Every tiny noise would wake me up, and I felt like I was constantly just waiting for someone to pop out of the shadows. Eep. Don’t wanna think about that because I won’t be able to sleep tonight!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... healing malnourished hair .

29 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset September 7, 2012 at 3:04 pm

SO glad Jay is back! I totally understand- I am the same exact way when I am home alone! My sister always makes fun of me -_- Except no hubby for me :( haha- just my parents (at home) or roommates (at university).
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..The body: Our greatest teacher

30 Bek @ Crave September 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm

What is your fun thing for the weekend? I’m doing the Stampede today!!!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The importance of breakfast

31 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 7, 2012 at 5:44 pm

My husband works second shift and doesn’t usually get home until the middle of the night/early morning… I hate it! We’re seriously considering getting a big dog so I feel a little bit better (I don’t have confidence in our pug as a guard dog!).
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 26

32 Dione September 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I am the opposite it seems to you and most people who have commented. I have lived alone for over ten years so to me it’s odd when someone besides me is in it!:). And I have a little trouble sleeping on the occasions when my boyfriend does spend the night…too used to being alone. If I found a man who was interested in being serious I could get over it quickly though ha:)

33 Colleen September 8, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I used to be afraid too and would double check EVERY lock like 3 times and put a chair under the front door knob. But then all of a sudden I decided to not be afraid anymore, I do have my Newfoundland and Smith and Wesson after all.