Where Was I at 12:30am Last Night?

Well, I’d be willing to bet that you wouldn’t be able to guess where I was last night last at 12:30am.

Do I have your mind reeling yet?

Shortly after falling asleep on the couch during the encore performance of the MTV VMA’s, I was awaken by my phone alarm to remind me to get up and be out of the house by midnight.

To be here.

At the airport. And despite the fact that it was quickly approaching 1am, I was sooo darn excited becauuuuuse…

fb

I was there to pick up the hubby. Open-mouthed smile

He’d been away for the last three days for work in Charleston, SC (we were hoping it would work out so I could join him, but flights were just too darn expensive). There was a brief time yesterday where we thought he was going to get stranded in Baltimore, but luckily the airline was able to re-route him to bring him back home to me.

Guess who didn’t wake up at 4am last night?

It’s crazy how that works, but not having Jay here at night always leaves me SO on edge. I hear every little sound possible and automatically assume that either someone is trying to break into the house or there’s zombies under the bed. I’m not even kidding.

Okay, maybe a little with the zombie part…

Nonetheless, hubby is back, I finally slept through the night (even if we didn’t get to bed until 2am), and I’m a happy camper!

*****

I forgot to set an alarm last night, but luckily, I got a text wake up call from my lovely Sarah. Thanks, friend. Winking smile

I used that as my cue to get up, put on a pot of coffee, and make some breakfast.

We’ve got another peanut butter + pumpkin combo happenin’ today!

And it was delicious as ever.

*****

Quick side note…if you happened to “attempt” to visit the blog last night anywhere around 1-3am, you may have noticed that things looked a bit wonky (it somehow reverted back to an old face of STSL). Since I was still up, I frantically emailed Ryan, my tech support guru.

I just have to go ahead and give him a quick shout out here…he literally responded to my email within two minutes and had things figured out within a couple of hours (somehow there was a bizarre plugin conflict…way over my head). I seriously cannot say enough good things about Ryan and his business, WPSiteCare. If you’re ever looking for some support for your site, I would 110% recommend him. He is flippin’ fantastic!

Happy Fridayyyyy everyone! Who has something fun going on this weekend? I know I do!

Comments

I totally agree with you about the being alone and all the noises thing. I do it all the time. Plus I am paranoid that someone will break in so I put a chair between the door and the sofa (which is like a million pounds, since it is solid wood). It was a lot of fun when Kenneth came home in the middle of the night and banged his head on the door and almost killed himself. It was funny!!!
    Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Chicken…

The coloring on your arm freaked me out for a second. I thought you may have had to go to the hospital due to some freak reaction to something! Glad that isn’t the case…haha.
    I LOVE Charleston. It’s too bad you couldn’t have gone with Jay. It is just beautiful there and I constantly talk about moving down that way. Maybe one day!
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..What Up, PiYo?

Happy Friday! I agree, I have a hard time sleeping when my fiance’s gone too…glad he’s back :-) No more crazy noises in the night now!

How strange the blog went back to the old style. Maybe there is a secret blogging portal that happens between 1 and 3 am?!

Have a great day!
    Claire recently posted..Things to do on a rest day

4. Whitney says

Bummer you couldn’t go to Charleston.. it’s one of my favorite places!

Um I am such a whimp when Hubs is out of town. I sleep with one eye open..I am just convinced someone is going to break in and murder me. awesome.

5. Shannon says

So glad that Jay is back! I personally like having the house to myself. It’s nice and quiet, and I get stuff done that otherwise, with everyone else around, I wouldn’t have.

I don’t really have exciting plans for the weekend. Just finishing some last minute AP U.S. History work for Monday, and getting stuff together for the first day of school. :(

Haha, I’m the same exact way! The other night my dog barked in his sleep and I insisted there was a robber in our apartment and made Nick get up to go check…typical.

Can I take a wild guess that your fun plans just might involve the Jets this weekend? ;) Football is back, baby!

My husband works second shift and doesn’t usually get home until the middle of the night/early morning… I hate it! We’re seriously considering getting a big dog so I feel a little bit better (I don’t have confidence in our pug as a guard dog!).
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 26

8. Dione says

I am the opposite it seems to you and most people who have commented. I have lived alone for over ten years so to me it’s odd when someone besides me is in it!:). And I have a little trouble sleeping on the occasions when my boyfriend does spend the night…too used to being alone. If I found a man who was interested in being serious I could get over it quickly though ha:)

9. Colleen says

I used to be afraid too and would double check EVERY lock like 3 times and put a chair under the front door knob. But then all of a sudden I decided to not be afraid anymore, I do have my Newfoundland and Smith and Wesson after all.