Living Room Before and After

by Courtney on September 12, 2012

So yesterday was the day…

The fall decorations were officially taken out of storage and brought upstairs for display. Talk about flippin’ excited.

But before I got to work on any of the decorations, I made sure to put dinner together in the slow cooker.

Gosh, I just love this contraption. Seriously…does it get much easier than this? I’m so looking forward to making some of my favorite crockpot recipes this season.

So within a couple hours, fall had officially exploded in my living room.

I also realized that, although you’ve pretty much seen the (almost) finished product, I haven’t really given you guys the final living room before and after. Soooo…

Here’s what it looked like before…

(you can see all the before photos in this post)

Here was some progress…

(with more decoration details in this post)

And now, here we are today!

The lighting is a little funky, but you get the idea. Winking smile

And, of course, the fall decorations are proudly on display too.

Including the candy corn. Winking smile

I just feel like everything is so much cozier and I am absolutely in love with our new set up. The only thing we really have left that we want to do is sand and paint our window sill and frame (we want to paint it white to match the new floor molding). Once that’s done, I think that will make even more of a difference…hopefully we’ll get some time this weekend!

*****

So now, back to that dinner. Yesterday’s delicious slow cooker recipe was not my own and came courtesy of Skinnytaste and her Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili.

I only made a few slight alterations to the original recipe, but not enough to re-post it here, so definitely be sure to check it out. It was amazing, and even got rave reviews from the man of the house.

And no, I’m not talking about Cody.

Along with our chicken taco chili, I heated up the remaining slices of our Hearty Oat Loaf with some more honey butter to round out the meal.

So sad to have it gone…but so glad to have made it through the whole loaf before it ended up going bad. #WIN.

Jay and I finished off the evening with a Redbox movie and a couple small dishes of ice cream for dessert. If that isn’t heaven, well then I don’t know what is. Smile

This morning I’m off to a much-needed massage appointment. I’ll be back this afternoon!

Question for the Morning:

What are some of your favorite recipes you’ve discovered on blogs? Feel free to link ‘em up…even if they’re your own!

1 Shari September 12, 2012 at 8:03 am

The living room looks great! :)
Shari recently posted..Best Laid Plans.

2 Heather @ Side of Sneakers September 12, 2012 at 8:12 am

It looks great!!! I love the color :)

3 Samantha September 12, 2012 at 8:15 am

I love that How I Met Your Mother is on your TV! Looks great.

4 Faith @ The Cheap Girl's Guide to Chic September 12, 2012 at 8:20 am

Haha I was just planning to say the same thing. Can’t WAIT for the new season to start!
Faith @ The Cheap Girl’s Guide to Chic recently posted..Cheap Girl’s Closet: Watercolor Print

5 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 12, 2012 at 8:15 am

This recipe sounds amazing! I’ve never thought to combine chili and taco flavors, but it sounds delicious! I can’t wait to try this out–aren’t Crock Pots the best?!

Oh, that dish of candy corn would not last long in my house…those little things are addictive!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

6 Danica @ It's Progression September 12, 2012 at 8:16 am

I have so many favorite recipes from blogs, but this is one of my favorite single-serving dessert recipes from Tina at Carrots ‘n’ Cake: http://carrotsncake.com/2010/01/the-3-minute-oatmeal-raisin-cookie.html
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #38: An Apple for the Teacher

7 Angela @ Health's Angel September 12, 2012 at 8:20 am

The living room looks really nice and cozy! Decorating is so much fun, especially for the respective seasons. :-)
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Shellac Be Gone

8 Khushboo Thadani September 12, 2012 at 8:23 am

Your new living room is so nice…much more homely :)! Overnight oats in a jar is undoubtedly one of the best “recipes” I’ve picked up in the blog world…if you can even call it that haha!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Say what now?

9 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 12, 2012 at 8:25 am

I love the Fall decor! It all looks so professional.
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Orange Scented Broccoli and Cauliflower

10 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 12, 2012 at 8:34 am

i’m obsessed with my crock pot..i use it all the time during the fall it makes life SO much easier! the living room decor looks amazing! I love the live, laugh, love frame mural !
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Becoming a Runner?

11 Megan@funsizedfitness September 12, 2012 at 8:36 am

I love Julie’s Chocolate Protein Granola – it’s so good by itself and as a greek yogurt topping :)
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Waffle Wednesday (and other fun alliteration ideas!)

12 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 12, 2012 at 8:38 am

I love your living room! It looks great and I love the fall decorations too. It does look very cozy :)

I love cooking in the crock pot. It makes coming home from work and knowing dinner is ready, so easy!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..FEASTIVAL in Philadelphia!…

13 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 12, 2012 at 8:41 am

I love the fall decorations and your living room looks awesome! I love all the colors in it! I’ve found so many awesome recipes on blogs I have way too many to list!!! I do love anything on PaleOMG! I’ve never had a recipe I didn’t like from her!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 12, 2012 at 8:45 am

Your living room looks great! I really love fall so much. And I love How I Met Your Mother. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

15 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life September 12, 2012 at 9:10 am

That chili sounds amazing! I got my fall decorations out this past weekend and I agree with you, everything just seems so much cozier now! There are a few more outdoor decorations I want to get, but besides that I am pretty much done!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Beer Can Chicken

16 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife September 12, 2012 at 9:14 am

i love changing things up and decorating! (: I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies yesterday and posted the recipe here: http://itsaharleyyylife.com/everyones-doing-it-pumpkin-style/ They are so good!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..WIAW 9.12.12

17 Natalie September 12, 2012 at 9:17 am

I think my favorite thing about the new living room is the dish of candy corn on the table :)
Natalie recently posted..Reflecting

18 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 12, 2012 at 9:29 am

LOVE your “new” living room! And the fall decor always helps spice things up too. :) I love fall! I don’t dare put candycorn out on my table like that… They’d be gone in no time. I have NO self control around that stuff! Haha.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #51: Making A Comeback

19 Julie @ Sweetly Balanced September 12, 2012 at 9:33 am

I love all of the fall decorations!! I always want to decorate for the seasons, but usually by the time I get around to doing it the season is almost over :(

Some of my favorite recipes I’ve made a few times…

Julie @ Sweetly Balanced recently posted..Gymnastics Class Recap

20 Becca September 12, 2012 at 9:37 am

That cornbread casserole has been such a HUGE hit!!! I have made it at least 4 times this month for 3 different families… they are great for pot luck and tastes fabulous!! Everyone who has tried it has given it rave reviews…even my picky “I’m the chef” dad.

21 Candice September 12, 2012 at 9:45 am

Love that room! I have some remodeling to do.. but the whole thing just sounds daunting.. thanks for the inspiration!
Candice recently posted..Sparkle clean

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 12, 2012 at 9:53 am

The living room looks great! I’m definitely checking out that taco chili recipe – that combines two of my favourite things! I don’t have a slow cooker though, so hopefully I can do a stovetop version.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..My First Ever What I Ate Wednesday.

23 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 12, 2012 at 9:53 am

I’m a big fan of my cauliflower crust pizza–I love that I made the crust recipe super simple! http://eatmovebalance.com/cauliflower-crust-pizza/
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Caramelized Onion and Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms

24 Lynn September 12, 2012 at 9:59 am

Your living room looks great, we are getting a new floor put in this fall and I am thinking about touching up the paint to something more “us” while it is ripped apart. Your post encourages me to do that (and to hang up more of our pictures).

I have made a ton of blog recipes, and it is hard to pick a favorite but your caramel icing definitely tasted great when I put it on zucchini cake last week.

25 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 12, 2012 at 10:00 am

Your living room looks AWESOME!! So pretty! And a little how I met your mother? Always nice :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..My Current Running Playlist

26 Tara September 12, 2012 at 10:14 am

I LOVE the decorations!! I can’t wait to get that cozy feeling going in my house :) Gosh I love fall and the change of seasons!!

27 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud September 12, 2012 at 10:20 am

LOVE your living room!! adorable :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud recently posted..It’s Wednesday, & I’m Telling You What I Ate

28 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds September 12, 2012 at 10:31 am

Oh my gosh those are a lot of pumpkins! Enjoy your massage :) I’m sure it will be epic.
Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds recently posted..{ Australia Dairy Co. & Fig Cream Cheese Bars *RECIPE* }

29 Rachel September 12, 2012 at 10:37 am

aww you look all set for fall!
Rachel recently posted..My very first WIAW!

30 Kim@hungryhealthygirl September 12, 2012 at 10:39 am

The living room looks so warm and cozy….love all of the Fall accents. Okay, you’ve inspired me…..my Fall decor comes out this weekend. I have made that same crockpot chicken taco chili and agree it is delicious.
Kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Missing my old cup of Joe & WIAW

31 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 12, 2012 at 10:57 am

I love crockpot cooking!!!

I also LOVE the sconces that you have next to your window with the candles on them. Is that a recent purchase and if so, can you tell me where you got them?
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..WIAW #13 + Another Anniversary

32 Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries September 12, 2012 at 10:57 am

It officially feels like fall here, too—I have the windows open and I’m dying to make some chili!
Chelsea @ Dine & Dash Diaries recently posted..Banana Nutella Oatmeal & Race Musings

33 Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine September 12, 2012 at 11:05 am

pumpkin everything is my favorite part of fall! I just bought some new Fall candles, and that makes me so excited, I’m like a crazy person.

This ‘White Chili’ is really great!
Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine recently posted..Sprints and Shrimps

34 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 12, 2012 at 11:13 am

I love the fall look! What a great day! Fall decorations, and a wonderful fall meal with bread! I LOVE it!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

35 Kerry @ Totes My Oats September 12, 2012 at 11:24 am

I love your fall decorations! Right now, I can’t get enough of Tina’s 3-ingredient pancake! It’s so yummy.
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..Sweet Potato Pancake

36 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 12, 2012 at 11:27 am

your living room looks AMAZING! I especially love the “love” (haha) on the wall! and of course, candy corn is always a winner. ;)
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Lately {Eating, Sweating, Doing}

37 Jentry Nielsen September 12, 2012 at 11:39 am

I love the living room! So cute, very fall like as well!
P.S. I LOVE How I Met Your Mother, such a great show! haha

38 Andrea @ Vegvacious September 12, 2012 at 11:43 am

I love the new set up in your living room! It’s really warm and cozy looking now especially with all of your fall decor up!

PS – I made your hearty oat loaf & veg soup on Monday night – SO GOOD!! I linked up to it in my What I Ate Wednesday post because it’s the perfect Fall dinner!
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

39 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions September 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I’m completely obsessed with Jessica’s Roasted Apple, Pecan, and Chicken Spinach Salad.

The roasted apples are LIFE CHANGING. I had this salad on a weekly basis last fall, and there’s an excellent chance its about to pop back up on my meal plans starting next week.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..13.1

40 Tabs September 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Can I come over and sit in your living room? It looks absolutely inviting and I am totally in love with it! Nice work girl! :)

41 Lauren September 12, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I am definitely not a seasonal decorator but my mom is and she has done the same thing to her house. It’s all fall decked out. Once the candy corn comes out, I know it’s serious. :)
Lauren recently posted..The Best News of My Life {Farm Aid 2012}

42 Annie September 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm

oooh I love your fall decorations! I love halloween and autumn, lots of yummy foods too :) x

43 Annette@FitnessPerks September 12, 2012 at 1:13 pm

The room looks great!! I love the color on the walls. And yes, the decorations! Wahoo. Gotta try that recipe–we both LOVE mexican, and I totally am in love with the crock pot. Hello easy!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Simple Swaps to Improve Your Health & Life

44 michelle kim September 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

One of the most popular cupcakes I’ve made was from your blog (the Oreo cookie cupcake)!
I’ll have to get in on this slow-cooker chili action, too!
And your home is soooo beautiful! Love the colors and the warm atmosphere :)
michelle kim recently posted..Starting Fresh

45 Laura September 12, 2012 at 1:23 pm

i feel like every recipe i cook is from a blog! what redbox did yall rent? i am always on the lookout for redbox movies… never would imagine paying for more than $1.50 for a movie now!! we just rented What to Expect When You’re Expecting… and it was adorable!!

46 Claire@NavigatingNorth September 12, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Everything looks SO cozy, Courtney…good job! The food, the decor, and even the paint colors…loving it all!

47 Holly September 12, 2012 at 1:32 pm

LOVE the new look..like I said before, I think your pictures look perfect- and the fact that you just ‘winged it’…let’s just say I’m a tad jealous of how GREAT it looks ‘just winged.’ ;)
And mmmmm that is one of my favorite recipes of yours- the Hearty Oat Loaf…I can’t wait to make some- it’s beginning to be the perfect time for it- stews, soaps & stoups galore :D

48 Brandi September 12, 2012 at 1:46 pm

The living room looks fantastic Courtney! I love the colors!
Brandi recently posted..A little MIA

49 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily September 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm

The living room set up is so nice! I can’t wait to get my Fall decorations out, hopefully this weekend :)
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Marvelous in My Monday {2}

50 Shannon September 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Your living room looks so cozy. I love it!!!! :)

I find Pinterest to be a great source for finding recipes. I just made the Instant Macaroni and Cheese that I pinned yesterday for last night’s dinner. It was good, but I put a 1/4 cup more milk than I was supposed to. Oops. I’ll try it again, but it turned out great. I also found Funfetti Cookies, which turned out awesome. Don’t make a double batch of them though, because the batter is THICK. I learned that lesson the hard way.

I follow you on Pinterest, so if you want to follow me, I’m @ShannonMHunter. You’ll find the recipes that I mentioned on my pinterest boards.

51 Ellie@Fit for the Soul September 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm

ahhh I love that centerpiece! I think it’s time to hit up the 99cent store for me and decorate our place too~:D You just inspired me, hehe. And I looove love the crockpot! Yesterday I made some meat in it a la mexicana and came back home and it was falling apart at the TOUCH of a finger. After coming back home I whipped up a whole mexican meal in 15 minutes just because of the crockpot! It seriously needs more attention from the public :D
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Homemade Korean Galbi and Teach on Thursday

52 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I love the fall decorations! So cute! My favorite fall recipe to make is this Pumpkin Gingerbread. http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/02/pumpkin-gingerbread-with-spiced-buttercream/
SO GOOD!

53 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 12, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Angela over at oh she glows is just a genius as is Sonia at The Healthy Foodie…! Though I made these lately which you might be interested in :) http://peachypalate.com/2012/09/03/when-once-a-day-isnt-enough/
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Feels more like a Monday

54 Elaine September 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I just made Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies and (not to toot my own horn) but they turned out so well! The perfect fall cookie!

I also love Skinnytaste. The most recent recipe I tried of hers and loved is a Summer Vegetable and Sausage dish.

Elaine recently posted..Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies

55 Amanda B. September 12, 2012 at 3:07 pm

This recipe for Chili Chicken Tacos is one I keep coming back to again and again. I love the flavor of the chipotles and it’s not a lot of heat. You can use more of the sauce and less of the actual chili to control the heat (I know you’re sensitive!). We usually have tacos one night, quesadillas another and I freeze portions.

Amanda B. recently posted..Maine vacation!

56 Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife September 12, 2012 at 3:15 pm

My two favorite recipes were both from Oh She Glows – her creamy avocado pasta & her vegan pumpkin cheese sauce! Both so tasty! I totally recommend both! All of her recipes are excellent, though.
Alex @ Healthy Life Happy Wife recently posted..Never Forget…

57 kolya September 12, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Ha…Cody fits in perfectly with fall decorations. He’s the color of candy corn (:

58 Julissa September 12, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Your living room looks great! I love the big window which (it looks like) looks out to the front of your house. My mom & I plan to get out the fall decorations tomorrow- so excited :)

59 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 12, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Great job on the living room, and your fall decorations look so cute! I love that you’re watching How I Met Your Mother in the background…one of my favorite shows too! haha
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..WIAW #4: On the Go

60 Julie September 12, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I love fall! Awesome that you’ve already started to pull out the decos :) The best part is definitely candy corn….
Julie recently posted..I run…

61 Jai September 12, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I’m loving the sweet potatoes lately! I recently posted my take on Sweet Potato Enchiladas (a spinoff of a Pinterest recipe) and tomorrow I’ll be posting Sweet Potato Stuffed Shells with Caramelized Onions. :)

Jai recently posted..I Love New York

62 Jen September 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Oh Court!! The living room looks wonderful!! :) It’s definitely cozier. Props to you and Jay for all the hard work you did on it.

63 Bek @ Crave September 13, 2012 at 5:48 am

I love Skinny taste recipes, as well as yours, PB Fingers and Enjoy Your Healthy Life!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Judging a book by its cover

64 Linz @ Itz Linz September 13, 2012 at 8:10 am

Itz my own, but itz so good! Cacao Cherry Power Protein Smoothie: http://itzlinz.com/2012/08/30/cacao-cherry-power-protein-smoothie/
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..RW Half Marathon Discount Code

65 Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans September 13, 2012 at 11:54 am

I love your fall decorations! I’m so excited for fall to be here!
You’re new living room set up looks awesome, I love the blue accent wall!
Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans recently posted..Three Breakfasts {WIAW}