A People Person

Aww, well hello there, Codeman.

I just love when I happen to catch Codester in the middle of something funny. He had just finished a roaring game of fetch late this morning and laid down to take a breather when I snapped this one. Little guy makes me laugh!

*****

So before I knew it today, the 5:00 news was on and it’s like, ummm, where the heck did today go? I spent most of the afternoon planning a few ideas for some upcoming freelance recipes for Thanksgiving (already?!) and doing a little job hunting online…for those of you who don’t already know, I’m no longer working at the gym I was previously training at. About mid-way through the summer, I had thought about leaving but ended up deciding to stay on part-time…

Well, the tough thing about personal training sometimes is that if you aren’t there, then it’s pretty tough to acquire new clients! Since I was only on part time, mostly in the mornings when it was quieter, I wasn’t getting too many opportunities to gain anybody new. After weighing all of my options, toward the end of August, I decided that it’d just be best for me to part ways from that gym, as it wasn’t really benefiting me to stay on. Most of the people that I worked with were great, and I miss them a lot (especially you, Linda!), but ultimately I’m just not sure if that particular gym was the best fit for me. Hey, you live and learn, right? It was still a great experience that I’m incredibly grateful for.

With that being said, I’ve been looking around the past couple weeks for some new opportunities elsewhere, since I’m already starting to get a bit stir-crazy here at home. Granted, the online training has certainly been keeping me busy and I have no intentions of stopping that, but I just need some more face-to-face interactions, ya know? I’m a people person…I like to be around humans. Smile

So who knows what will happen from here. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a new gym and/or training opportunity soon. Keeping my fingers crossed!

*****

So now…back to the food, dude.

Late this afternoon, I put together an awesome and delicious snack plate for lunch.

I included some leftover roasted zucchini and squash (cold), a sliced tomato, and a few turkey + provolone slices with mustard which totally hit the spot.

On the side, I had another piece of Cheesy Italian Quick Bread topped with a little butter.

And just now, I had another piece. I give it until tomorrow evening before it’s gone. Tops.

My stomach has been a bit off all day, so I’m not really sure what’s on the agenda for dinner, but I will say that PB&J is sounding miiiighty good right now. We’ll see what happens. Winking smile

Questions for the Evening:

Would you consider yourself a people person?

Does your job allow you to interact with others much, or are you more a part of the cubicle club?

Comments

I am a people person! I’m a high school math teacher, and it suits me pretty well.

But I’m also really passionate about health and wellness, so I’m currently working on certification to become a health coach. I’m loving the classes and all that I’m learning. We’ll see where it takes me. I’m not sure yet if I’d like to pursue a health coaching career more than just a side gig.

Good for you, knowing when something wasn’t a great fit! I have a feeling I will be reflecting on that very same thing in the near future! I truly believe it’s very important to do what you love, and love what you do! :)
    Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Zucchini Pasta with Tomato Meat Sauce

Deli turkey + cheese slices + mustard is one of my favorite snacks! Simple, salty, and protein packed!

I’m totally a people person too. I drive myself crazy if I’m home alone for too long or if it’s extra quiet at the office. I do need my alone time, but only for so long and then I need some people. Are you thinking of that gym you were telling me about that is opening up near you (or maybe already has opened)?
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..9/13: Thursday Thoughts

I need interaction with people at work! That being said I totally understand the challenge of gaining clients as a trainer! I had a really hard time starting out as a trainer because I found it difficult “sell” myself to other people! After that hump I absolutely loved my daily interactions with everyone! The right gym is definitely key and I’m sure you’ll figure it all out!
    Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Fall Into Better Eating Habits

I’ve definitely found myself missing human interactions lately. haha Granted living with my parents again means I see them every day but it’s nice to see others. Believe it or not, I enjoyed my morning at the DMV talking to everyone and then had a job interview that went awesome. But honestly, I’m sure it was in part that I was just excited to talk to OTHER people! ;)
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What’s Beautiful – Re-Motivating Myself

5. pluvk says

That snack plate looks really yummy! I may have to duplicate it… I’m a people person, but I also appreciate my quiet time. Luckily, my job gives me the best of both. I’m a college intstructor, so I get interaction with my student for about 3-4 hours a day, but then I also have office hours (aka QUIET time!) where I can be by myself.

I am a people person but I also really need my alone time too! When I was quite sick with eating and exercising issues, I isolated myself like no one’s business, as I could not stand to have people “mess up” my “perfect” routine. I am so glad to be past that now, although like I said, I do like to be alone… I can get my thoughts together and such!
    That snack plate looks good, I like to have lunches like that so I can taste a whole bunch of food :)
    Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..WIAW- How About Those Other Habits?

Im definitely a mix of both! I work in the physical therapy field so I work with a lot of people everyday, which I enjoy- but I also look forward to some alone time and less people interactions when I’m away. :)

Good luck finding a job! Im sure something will pop up at the right time :)

I am a doctor of audiology (hearing loss and balance disorders) so all I do is see patients (well and reports but I block that out lol). I was a chemist in a previous life (at AMRI in Rensslaer) but beakers dont talk so it was lonely and I missed the human connection so I totally understand where you are coming from.
    Laura @Running Maryland recently posted..Go! Pack! Go!

Nope it is not to early to start thinking about Thanksgiving! I am already thinking about what I want to do with my turkey. I know exactly what you are talking about needing people interaction. My job closed its doors in June and although I started my blog it wasn’t the same as talking to people. So back looking for a job, mainly because of a need for a paycheck, but also just to talk again.
    Alicia recently posted..Day 51: Dinner is cooked + Another jog down

I am a people person! I would rather be with people then not but my new job is in a cube! Ahhh the dreaded cube, yes….BUT it is a huge company with over 600 people who work in it, so although I am in a cube I am always among a ton of people….I do have my days where I want to just be by myself though! Haha
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Running & Knee Pain

11. Annie says

definitely NOT a people person! I’m in my 4th year of university and only now am I really enjoying being social and going out. I find I’m very shy around new people and it takes me a while to be really myself in a group. That being said, my current social life is awesome, I have a lovely boyfriend and I’m even finding myself getting lonely when I’m too much on my own which is unheard of!

Nope it didn’t so I quit two weeks ago! I’m now back studying nutritional therapy and doing a bit of ad hoc work here and there for people. Sometime you have to just take that leap of faith….your bound to have someone knocking on your door with a fantastic opportunity I’m sure of it :)

13. Christine says

Have you thought about offering a face to face program on top of your online training? You could go to the gym with your client (if they have the bring a friend option) or just go to their house, or a park or something. I would probably pick an option like that over the online one, because like you, im a people person :)

I’ve always thought that working from home would me my dream job…pajamas all day, eating/working on your own schedule, I mean what’s not to love? But I think when it came down to it, I would miss the interactions I have at my office everyday. Face-to-face time with all different types of people is necessary, and helps you grow! I hope you find a new gym so you can get back to your people time!
    Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Officially Responsible.

I am definitely a people person and need a job where I can interact with lots of people! And girl, I KNOW how hard it is with the training. I started training at a smaller gym down here in Orlando and mornings are sloooooooooow. I have found that “private” training, or just using word of mouth/friends to help you acquire clients outside of the gym, is really helpful! I have more clients that way than from the actual gym that I work in. Good luck with the job hunt, and I hope you find a new gym soon!

Well at least you learned the gym wasn’t a fit for you, your clearly a passionate trainer so I’m sure something wonderful will come up for you!
    I definitely need to interact with people or a get a little stir crazy…you can only be alone before you start to crave a little interaction with others I think!
    Lisa recently posted..Coconut Milk “Ice Cream”

17. Sam says

That lunch looks mighty tasty! I used to have turkey roll ups all the time. I think I am way overdue for that and that delicious looking bread! Yum!!
    I am def a people person. I work in the medical field, so I def need to be!! I am not the type of person who could do something in a cubical or what not.
    Sam recently posted..Things Change Quickly Around Here!

Trackbacks