Cheesy Italian Quick Bread

We are ALL about the bread over here this week. Cheesy Italian Quick Bread, to be exact.

When one loaf goes, another one is created. And ohhh baby, was this last one a good one.

It was leftovers again for dinner last night, but we still needed a little something more to go with it. Jay requested something different from the last loaf, so I skimmed my recipes and put together two of our favorite things into this bread – cheese and Italian anything.

The bread was killerrrrr. I think I love it even more than my Hearty Oat Loaf. Seriously. You can check out the recipe down at the bottom of this post, but you have to promise me that you’re going to make it soon and tell me you love it. Winking smile

While Jay had some leftover soup, I had the last portion of Tuesday night’s Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili.

Because, you know…cheesy Italian bread is the perfect match for Mexican-flavored chili.

The chili was good, but I got full super quick and couldn’t even finish it all. So not like me. Must have been from all the bread. Winking smile

Last night I also ended up watching another Redbox movie – What To Expect When You’re Expecting. Oh man, was it FUNNY. Much more so than I would have expected.

And don’t even get me started on the baby fever that ensues…just a warning.

*****

Breakfast

I was in a bit of a cereal mood this morning. It’s been a while.

Today’s bowl was filled with…

I really never thought I’d be a fan of the almond butter on cereal trend, but I’ve surprised myself. It’s soooo good.

*****

And now, who’s ready for a recipe?? Smile

cheesy italian quick bread

*****

ONE LAST THING! The three winners of the case of bai5 have been chosen. Was it you??

Comments

1. Amanda says

Any chance that this could be made with soy or almond milk? I don’t have any skim milk at the house but would LOVE to make this!

I need to check out What to Expect…I am in denial about my baby fever. Random babies are smiling at me everywhere and it makes me ache. And Baby GAP…doesn’t hurt to browse, right? :)

That bread looks SOOO good – kind of reminds me of the red lobster rolls but in bread form! My mouth is watering – the soup and bread will probably be a weekend dinner! :) Thanks for the recipe!
    Amanda recently posted..All About Food

4. Diana says

That movie arrives from Netflix today! Can’t wait. A little concerned about the baby fever though. I am trying your bread next week, thanks for the recipe! Love bread recipes that done require yeast!!

I wanted to rent that movie on Tuesday night cause I saw it was a new release and the hubby said no to baby fever! haha how did he know? Speaking of movies, we finally rented The Lucky One and I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would- it was kinda slow.
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..A Week In Workouts

6. Angela says

I made this bread tonight to go with your crockpot veggie stew. They were both a hit but the bread was the favorite. My son called it a cheese scone. I will definitely make it again. So easy and yummy!

certainly like your web-site however, you need to check the punctuational on numerous of one\’s discussions. A number of them usually are rife with transliteration troubles and that i realize its really bothersome frankly nonetheless I\’ll certainly can come once more yet again.

8. Robin says

I found your site this week, lots of great recipes to try! I’m making spaghetti tomorrow, so I plan on making this bread…looks amazing! I had to laugh though – I read where you got baby fever after watching the movie (the post was from a year ago), then realized you now have a baby…I guess you got right to it, lol! Congrats on your baby, and thanks for the great recipes :-)

I have had this recipe saved since you posted it and finally got around to making it tonight. Holy moly is it absolutely delicious! I can’t believe I waited so long.

10. sarah says

Made this bread tonight since I knew I wouldn’t have enough time to make a baguette and was too lazy to get out to the store to buy a loaf.
    We had it with a steamy bowl of pasta e fagioli and a nice primitivo wine.
    Delicious!

Trackbacks

1. […] fagioli may be somewhat of an odd combo, but a) I didn’t have any shredded cheese to make my Cheesy Italian Quick Bread, and b) I had a STRONG craving for cornbread on Monday and had been thinking about it ever since. […]