Cheesy Italian Quick Bread

by Courtney on September 13, 2012

We are ALL about the bread over here this week. Cheesy Italian Quick Bread, to be exact.

When one loaf goes, another one is created. And ohhh baby, was this last one a good one.

It was leftovers again for dinner last night, but we still needed a little something more to go with it. Jay requested something different from the last loaf, so I skimmed my recipes and put together two of our favorite things into this bread – cheese and Italian anything.

The bread was killerrrrr. I think I love it even more than my Hearty Oat Loaf. Seriously. You can check out the recipe down at the bottom of this post, but you have to promise me that you’re going to make it soon and tell me you love it. Winking smile

While Jay had some leftover soup, I had the last portion of Tuesday night’s Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili.

Because, you know…cheesy Italian bread is the perfect match for Mexican-flavored chili.

The chili was good, but I got full super quick and couldn’t even finish it all. So not like me. Must have been from all the bread. Winking smile

Last night I also ended up watching another Redbox movie – What To Expect When You’re Expecting. Oh man, was it FUNNY. Much more so than I would have expected.

And don’t even get me started on the baby fever that ensues…just a warning.

*****

Breakfast

I was in a bit of a cereal mood this morning. It’s been a while.

Today’s bowl was filled with…

I really never thought I’d be a fan of the almond butter on cereal trend, but I’ve surprised myself. It’s soooo good.

*****

And now, who’s ready for a recipe?? Smile

cheesy italian quick bread

*****

ONE LAST THING! The three winners of the case of bai5 have been chosen. Was it you??

1 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 13, 2012 at 9:29 am

I don’t think I could trust myself around a loaf of that bread!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Questions for Runners

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 13, 2012 at 9:30 am

That bread looks delicious! I love that I don’t need a bread maker to make it – I will have to try it out once I finish moving :)
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..C25K Week 5 Recap

3 Andrea @ Vegvacious September 13, 2012 at 9:32 am

Oh man! I love cheese bread but I’m almost afraid to make this after the way that we (and by we, I mean I) demolished a loaf of your hearty oat bread. :-)
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

4 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 13, 2012 at 9:32 am

You better believe this bread is making an appearance in our house verrrry soon! Already pinned it! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..9/13: Thursday Thoughts

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

This bread looks incredible! I definitely want to make it asap! I love that you don’t need a breadmaker :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My Experience at FEASTIVAL in Philadelphia!…

6 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 13, 2012 at 9:39 am

Yum! I want that chili and the quick bread this weekend!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Milo’s Trip to the Vet

7 Khushboo September 13, 2012 at 9:43 am

This bread puts any grilled cheese to shame…yum!!

8 Brigitt September 13, 2012 at 9:59 am

The bread looks delicious! I also rented that movie from Redbox last night! I loooved it. I was laughing so hard, but crying at all the sentimental parts too (haha I’m a sap!).
Brigitt recently posted..Braised Red Cabbage (Rotkraut)

9 Yellow Haired Girl September 13, 2012 at 10:20 am

Ohhhhh my. That looks amazing!!!!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..I’d Never Miss It

10 Rachel September 13, 2012 at 10:22 am

This looks great! I love how you use a circle pan lol
Rachel recently posted..Times are changing

11 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 13, 2012 at 10:31 am

The bread looks yummy! Can I just take a moment to marvel at the fact that your husband will eat leftovers? I can sometimes get one more night out of a dish, but it’s always pushing it!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Wonderfully Typical

12 Sam September 13, 2012 at 10:45 am

That bread looks delicious… definitely going to have to try out the recipe, thanks!

13 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 13, 2012 at 11:00 am

omg that bread sounds amazing! i love the cheesy addition to it..cheese makes everything so much better :)
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..New Omelet Creation + Coconut Cinnamon Sweet Potato Wedges

14 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 13, 2012 at 11:04 am

I so want a piece of that bread and some warm soup right now!! I am suffering my serious allergies and the thought of that looks oh so comforting!!! I would make it right this second but I don’t have the cheese on hand…..boo hoo!!!!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Did I Really Sleep That Long

15 Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife September 13, 2012 at 11:05 am

I have never made bread before! But this actually looks pretty easy. I’ll have to keep that in mind it looks delicious!
Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife recently posted..The Secret Is Out: Starbucks

16 Amanda September 13, 2012 at 11:06 am

Any chance that this could be made with soy or almond milk? I don’t have any skim milk at the house but would LOVE to make this!

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 13, 2012 at 11:08 am

Oh my! That bread sounds amazing! I might have to give it a try with some lactose-free cheese because I need to try this!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What’s Beautiful – Re-Motivating Myself

18 Allison @ Running Through Red Lights September 13, 2012 at 11:21 am

I’ve never attempted to make bread, but after reading about your delicious bread, I may have to give it a try this weekend while JP watches football. :)
Allison @ Running Through Red Lights recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

19 Maria September 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

I need to check out What to Expect…I am in denial about my baby fever. Random babies are smiling at me everywhere and it makes me ache. And Baby GAP…doesn’t hurt to browse, right? :)

20 michelle kim September 13, 2012 at 11:38 am

YUM. That looks soooo delicious! I wish the oven at my school apartment worked so I could make it here.
michelle kim recently posted..Apologies to My Hamstrings

21 Amanda September 13, 2012 at 11:42 am

That bread looks SOOO good – kind of reminds me of the red lobster rolls but in bread form! My mouth is watering – the soup and bread will probably be a weekend dinner! :) Thanks for the recipe!
Amanda recently posted..All About Food

22 Linz @ Itz Linz September 13, 2012 at 12:11 pm

That bread DOES look good! I am definitely going to make it! My parents just got back from Italy and brought back some ridiculous olive oil and balsamic vinegar!! Would go perfectly with this!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..RW Half Marathon Discount Code

23 Angela @ Health's Angel September 13, 2012 at 12:15 pm

That bread has me drooling…oh my goshhhh! Yum.
Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted..Shellac Be Gone

24 stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 13, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Yum! That bread looks delicious! Loving the Fall decor too! :)
stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Running & Knee Pain

25 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 13, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I’ve been skeptical of adding almond butter to my cereal too (oats yes but cereal? hmm). I think it’s time I try it though because your bowl looks delicious!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Chipotle Turkey Burgers

26 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 13, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I want to bathe in Justins Maple Almond butter, need to make another order to Ireland soon! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..An Omega 3 Sensation

27 Annette@FitnessPerks September 13, 2012 at 1:04 pm

My husband would love this! He loves Italian herbs and looovvveess cheese. I’ve got to make this soon! Thanks :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Abs ‘N’ Sweat Circuit Workout

28 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions September 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I’m loving all these bread recipes from you lately! Definitely going to have to add this to my must-make list!
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

29 Julie September 13, 2012 at 1:57 pm

that bread looks scrumptions! so does the taco chili – will have to try both

30 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna September 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm

that bread looks so FREAKIN DELICIOUS. pinned!! :)
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..One Week.

31 Carol @ Lucky Zucca September 13, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Ohhh my goodness yum yum yum
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Thunder Dog

32 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 13, 2012 at 2:30 pm

That bread looks delicious! Unfortunately, I’m taking a break from it at the moment. I’m glad you mentioned that movie….it was one I really wanted to see, but forgot about it. The almond butter in the cereal is better than I thought it would be too!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things: Favorite Books

33 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Oh my GOSH What to Expect is so funny! I was actually so shocked at the immediate “baby fever” I had after watching it. The part when J.Lo and her husband meet their baby?! GAHH!!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..True Statements

34 Diana September 13, 2012 at 3:44 pm

That movie arrives from Netflix today! Can’t wait. A little concerned about the baby fever though. I am trying your bread next week, thanks for the recipe! Love bread recipes that done require yeast!!

35 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat September 13, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I wanted to rent that movie on Tuesday night cause I saw it was a new release and the hubby said no to baby fever! haha how did he know? Speaking of movies, we finally rented The Lucky One and I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would- it was kinda slow.
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..A Week In Workouts

36 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset September 13, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Oh my goodness…That bread looks like a cheese tea biscuit! I’m drooling :P And almond butter on cereal!? Gurrllll…you’ve been missing out BIG TIME. I NEVER have cereal without some kind of nut butter ;)
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..Annoyed

37 Megan@funsizedfitness September 13, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I’ve never had almond butter on cereal, but it’s SO good on oatmeal – I can’t believe I didn’t know about this for most of my life!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Thundering Thursday

38 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 13, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Oh my goodness! Yum!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 27

39 Sarah @ Practice Princess September 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Oooh thanks for the inspiration, the chilli recipe looks amazing! I’ve only just caught up over the last few days but I’ll definitely have to try that, together with the bread, my husband would love it
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..White Picket Fence

40 Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream September 13, 2012 at 11:08 pm

This is tooooo funny. I just posted that I had bought my first jar of Jason’s Almond Butter and I read your post and you put it on your cereal. Stupid question – what do you do with the oil on top? Stir it in or pour it off??? I’m an almond butter newbie. :)
Andrea @ Barbells and Buttercream recently posted..Maple Almond Confusion

41 kayleigh September 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

you stir it all up! it helps the bottom not to dry out, just like with natural peanut butter.

42 kayleigh September 14, 2012 at 10:32 am

Is there something that I could substitute for the greek yogurt? I am in NEED of this bread and don’t have any on hand.

43 crystal September 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I still watch GH but never at the 3pm time but I’m upset about them moving an hour early- its silly but it just seems wrong!

44 Becca October 3, 2012 at 6:11 pm

This is in the oven now! Eating it with broccoli cheese soup! Didn’t have any yogurt so omitted it!

45 Angela January 3, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I made this bread tonight to go with your crockpot veggie stew. They were both a hit but the bread was the favorite. My son called it a cheese scone. I will definitely make it again. So easy and yummy!

46 Nicki January 10, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I made the bread tonight! It is fantastic! Went great with vegetable barley soup.
Nicki recently posted..How Does Life Experience Translate into Job Skills?

47 Thelaststandmixer January 23, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I made this bread finally and confess to eating two slices!

48 HT - Free Tutorials August 17, 2013 at 3:42 am

certainly like your web-site however, you need to check the punctuational on numerous of one\’s discussions. A number of them usually are rife with transliteration troubles and that i realize its really bothersome frankly nonetheless I\’ll certainly can come once more yet again.

49 Robin September 13, 2013 at 2:19 am

I found your site this week, lots of great recipes to try! I’m making spaghetti tomorrow, so I plan on making this bread…looks amazing! I had to laugh though – I read where you got baby fever after watching the movie (the post was from a year ago), then realized you now have a baby…I guess you got right to it, lol! Congrats on your baby, and thanks for the great recipes :-)

50 Laura September 22, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I have had this recipe saved since you posted it and finally got around to making it tonight. Holy moly is it absolutely delicious! I can’t believe I waited so long.

51 sarah March 4, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Made this bread tonight since I knew I wouldn’t have enough time to make a baguette and was too lazy to get out to the store to buy a loaf.
We had it with a steamy bowl of pasta e fagioli and a nice primitivo wine.
Delicious!

52 Bread Fun Recipes April 16, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Love your Cheesy Italian quick bread. It looks real and I can smell it now. I am a true bread lover and a new baker. Want to learn as much as I can. You have a Awesome site.!!!!