Apple Cider Vinegar…How Should I Do This?

by Courtney on September 14, 2012

Good morning! How about a lovely fall breakfast scene to start off your Friday?

For some reason, I haven’t really been into the oatmeal as much as I used to be lately. As always, I go through phases with my breakfasts, but up until today it just didn’t really appeal to me.

Up until today being the key words…I think I’m now officially back on the oatmeal train.

I whipped up a super simple batch of pumpkin oatmeal this morning and it turned out fantastic. Here’s what we’ve got…

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons chia seeds
  • 1/2 banana, thinly sliced and whipped into oats
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice

I topped my bowl off with a bit of almond butter and some crushed pecans, and enjoyed it along with my mug ‘o coffee.

Right before eating breakfast, I made another attempt at my “trying to become new morning routine” of drinking some apple cider vinegar.

This month (and for the remainder of 2012) I’m super excited to be working with GNC on their Fall/Winter campaign through FitFluential. As part of my involvement with the campaign, I’ve been given a number of their products to try out and review for the month. I’m still in the midst of trying out the others (so far, so good!) and will be reporting back on those shortly, but I just had to go ahead and mention the apple cider vinegar (ACV) today.

I really want to try making ACV a part of my morning routine. I’ve read numerous times about its many benefits, and I want in on the action. (Brittany actually wrote a really great post about the benefits of ACV, so if you’re interested, be sure to check it out.)

So GNC sent me a bottle of their Certified Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.

It is raw, organic, unpasteurized, and also has the ‘mother’ of the vinegar, which is made up of strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules with living nutrients and bacteria.

If you’re thinking about using ACV, this is what you should look for (and the GNC price is great, too) – not the typical clear vinegar you can find in the grocery store, since it won’t have the same benefits.

So I’m ready…I want to give this bad boy a shot. I know it’s a great product. However, my gag reflex is just not in agreement with me yet.

I don’t know what it is, but I am having a really hard time figuring out a way of enjoying it. I can remember trying this years ago, at the recommendation of my doctor, when I was having some digestive issues, and I had the same reaction. I put out a call on Instagram last week and got some ideas; I tried it as a shot with some other ingredients mixed in, but that didn’t go too well. I also tried it mixed into my Fitmixer aminos, and that was pretty decent. But I still need more ideas…so if anyone has some, feel free to send ‘em my way, please! Smile

Questions for the Morning:

Have you ever tried taking ACV as a supplement?

Are there any certain foods/drinks that you have a hard time stomaching?

1 Linz @ Itz Linz September 14, 2012 at 9:00 am

I love ACV! I put a tablespoon or so with a large of glass of water and squeeze in some fresh lemon or lime juice!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..I got beat up by the sidewalk then locked out of my house

2 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 14, 2012 at 9:03 am

Apple cider vinegar is definitely tough to stomach! Try mixing it with a little juice (I like pineapple) and a drop of honey! That will at least give it some good flavor and you should be able to drink it easier!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Strawberry Double Chocolate Chip Muffin for One

3 Linda September 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

If you can, boil some red potatoes and let them cool. Splash some of the vinegar on them, cut up some scallions and you are all set.

Mind you, I have only done this with regular ACV, but you never know until you try!

Love the oatmeal recipe, miss seeing you at the gym!
Linda recently posted..Going through my list of things to do like a hot knife through butter!

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 14, 2012 at 9:05 am

I’ve never tried the ACV but it’s something I’ve been interested in trying for some time but I fear my gag reflex as well. I’ve heard the thing with the FitMixer Aminos but I’d love to hear if you’re able to find anything that works. Also, how much do you take?
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Oblique Sequence

5 Courtney September 14, 2012 at 9:06 am

The recommended dose per day is 2 tbsp

6 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 14, 2012 at 9:05 am

I haven’t tried it yet but I keep seeing posts on it so I’m looking forward to some tips here on how to keep it down!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Totally Random Friday

7 Khushboo September 14, 2012 at 9:06 am

I have ACV daily too but in capsule form..perhaps it’s a cop-out but the benefits are still there :)
Khushboo recently posted..An unexpected lesson

8 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots September 14, 2012 at 9:06 am

I usually add a tbs or 2 to water and squirt in some lemon with it. It definitely helped move things along and helped clear up my skin!

9 Lindsey September 14, 2012 at 9:06 am

I do agree about the apple cider vinegar, I tried it back awhile ago with water each am and was not a fan. But I did find adding in some lemon juice and stevia helped a bit!
Lindsey recently posted..A New List

10 Alexandra September 14, 2012 at 9:06 am

The past ffew days Ive actually been using ACV as a salad dressing for my lunch salads. I mix 1T ACV with 2T Hummus or honey mustard…delish!!

11 Courtney September 14, 2012 at 9:10 am

I love ACV and I drink it every day! I fill up a big glass about 3/4 the way with water, then fill the rest with cranberry juice, then put 3 cap fulls of the ACV in. You really can’t taste the ACV and it almost tastes like a spicy cranberry juice or something. I really don’t mind it like that.

12 Courtney September 14, 2012 at 9:14 am

Oooo, I like the idea of adding in some cranberry juice!

13 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 14, 2012 at 9:14 am

I’m right there with you, I am NOT an ACV kind of girl. Being two peas in a pod regarding this, I’m looking forward to seeing if you come up with a way that you enjoy ACV because I definitely want to try it! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..boston adventures, part six.

14 Emily September 14, 2012 at 9:15 am

In the morning I mix a shot with pineapple juice, lime juice and honey. And at night I mix it in a large glass of water with lemon stevia drops! They are both delicious!!

15 Beks September 14, 2012 at 9:16 am

My parents recently started taking ACV after my dad got a free book on it for his Kindle. They found mixing it in V8 helps.
Beks recently posted..Gym Timing

16 Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes September 14, 2012 at 9:17 am

I sometimes use ACV as salad dressing; the flavor isn’t overpowering, but you can definitely tell it’s there.
Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes recently posted..Pole Dancing Classes For Kids: Yea or Nay?

17 Blog is the New Black September 14, 2012 at 9:20 am

I feel the same way! I find it yucky but WANT to use it…. I’ll be happy to read the suggestions!

18 Prathiba September 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

I mix in a tablespoon in a large amount of water. You can’t taste it but you can still smell it. I usually just chug it bc the smell is gross to me. I def want to hear updates on this bc I would love to make this a part of my daily routine!

19 Josefine September 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

I had the same problem when I first started drinking ACV. They recommend it on the Tone it up plan. The first few times I almost could not keep it down,
so I started with just 1 tbsp and mixed it with apple juice and water. Then after a while I could drink it with 2 tbsp and now I just add water. I really like the strong taste and dont feel like I need the juice. I think it just takes some time to get used to it :-)

20 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 14, 2012 at 9:30 am

I have some ACV every morning. The first thing I do when I wake up is pour a tablespoon of ACV in a full glass of water, and drink it down. I don’t mind it at all now, but when I first tasted it, I needed to add about 4 drops of stevia to get it down. It grows on you, though. :)
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Zucchini Pasta with Tomato Meat Sauce

21 Kristie September 14, 2012 at 9:36 am

Hi Courtney! I’ve tried the ACV a couple ways using recipes from the ToneItUp girls… I prefer the first one but I thought both were pretty good (and didn’t make me gag!!) Keep us posted! :)

#1:
1 tbs ACV
4 oz. pineapple juice
fresh squeezed lime
~1 tsp honey

#2:
6 oz water
2 oz apple juice
couple dashes cinnamon
1 dash cayenne

22 Katie @wishandwhimsy September 14, 2012 at 9:39 am

LOVE your fall-themed photos. That makes the oatmeal sound even more amazing (which I’m pinning your recipe so I can and WILL make it soon…I mean seriously, pumpkin ANYTHING is amazing, right?!)
I also just started trying ACV in the mornings. 2 Tablespoons, diluted with a little bit of water. It’s not delicious, I’ll promise you that. However, I think I’m already noticing a few benefits. Curious to see how others are taking their own versions of ACV….
Katie @wishandwhimsy recently posted..Exercise Spotlight | Curtsy Lunge

23 Leila September 14, 2012 at 5:36 pm

What benefits have you noticed if you don’t mind me asking?!

24 Katie @wishandwhimsy September 15, 2012 at 3:09 pm

My skin is definitely clearer, it helps me control my apetite, my nails are stronger and I’m pretty sure it’s eliminating most bloating issues I have with some foods.
Katie @wishandwhimsy recently posted..Painting Plates & Core Power {Giveaway!}

25 jessica simon September 14, 2012 at 9:41 am

I totally agree. So hard to stomach at first! I used to drink it straight up with stevia (like, shoot it lol) or in a little juice (grape and cranberry were the best in my opinion). But that only lasted so long…now I pack a salad for lunch almost every day so I just use it with cinnamon or a variety of random seasonings mixed in as a salad dressing! So far thats been the best option for me!
The braggs ACV drinks are really good too! I mean once you have the whole acquired taste thing out of the way…haha

26 Andrea @ Vegvacious September 14, 2012 at 9:46 am

I’ve seen a lot of people taking it combined with Kombucha & ice water – I like it that way – Jenn @ Peas & Crayons just did a post on it this week – here’s her link: http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2012/09/acv-on-rocks-and-im-ready-for-some-shots.html
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..Favourite Fall Recipe Round Up

27 Catherine September 14, 2012 at 9:49 am

I mixed it with pineapple juice! it’s pretty good!

28 Connie September 14, 2012 at 9:51 am

I do 8 oz of cold water, 2 tsp ACV, and half of a lemon squeezed in the morning (you can do it twice a day if you want to meet the recommended dosage)..and I’ve added stevia before, which takes away the sourness a little bit. Not the best drink, but at least I can chug it down!! :)
Connie recently posted..October Unprocessed Challenge

29 Claire@NavigatingNorth September 14, 2012 at 11:53 am

I’ve done this too and have added cayenne pepper for a kick! I like it.
Claire@NavigatingNorth recently posted..Creamy Balsamic Chicken

30 Lindsay September 14, 2012 at 9:57 am

I mix it in with green tea and sweeten it up with stevia and/or honey… it’s still not delicious but drinking it with green tea makes me feel like I’m at least doing double duty haha.

31 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 14, 2012 at 10:01 am

I feel your pain–I tried that a few months ago to help digestive issues and the taste just kills me. I’m not one that can “choke” things down so it was definitely a struggle. I found that diluting it a TON really helped but other than that, I definitely didn’t like it.
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

32 Sarah Kay Hoffman September 14, 2012 at 10:03 am

I got so excited when I saw your post on ACV. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I have been using it as a supplement for a long time. ACV is great for many digestive disorders. I used it in so many things, but one of my favorite is to use it in the salad dressings I make. Here is one –> http://bit.ly/skhhsd Ps. I need to try the GNC one, eh?!
Sarah Kay Hoffman recently posted..Get Off Your Butt: 5 Quick #FitFluential Resources for Your Everyday

33 Brandi September 14, 2012 at 10:09 am

I love ACV! I did a program where I drank a 8 oz of distilled watter and 1 tbsp of ACV before every meal and it worked really well. There first one in the morning was pretty hard to get down, but the other two didn’t seem as hard. :)

Good luck!
Brandi recently posted..A little MIA

34 Yellow Haired Girl September 14, 2012 at 10:14 am

Oooh! I can’t wait to see some more tips — this is something I’d like to add into my routine too!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Huge Smile

35 Nicole September 14, 2012 at 10:19 am

Oh yikes – I’m not sure I could stomach that, haha! But good for you! Not sure if this is even on your mind or not, but be careful with this stuff down the road when you may become preggo – unpasteurized stuff is a big no-no! :)

36 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 14, 2012 at 10:20 am

Your pumpkin oats are almost identical to mine yesterday! I haven’t been into oatmeal much up until this week, and now it’s tasting mighty tasty to me these last few days.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Meal Survey

37 Hadley September 14, 2012 at 10:23 am

I drink ACV twice a day – I really think it has helped with digestive issues! The only way I can stomach it is by putting 1 1/2 teaspoons in a glass, a few drops of maple syrup or maple agave and filling the glass to the brim with water. Actually tastes good now!

38 Rachel September 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

I drink apple cider vinegar every morning.. I dilute it with water.. love it :) been drinking it for a year now :)
Rachel recently posted..My Barre Experience

39 Andrea September 14, 2012 at 10:32 am

I mix mine with a full glass of water: pour water over three ice cubes, 2 Tbsp ACV, 3-4 Tbsp cranberry juice, then mix it up. I think it tastes better cold (but not too cold) than at room temperature. Also, I use a straw to drink down the glass (quickly) because the acid is not so great for your teeth.
Andrea recently posted..Sausage On A Stick, A Church, & A Paintbrush

40 Samantha September 14, 2012 at 10:35 am

LOVE acv, I usually take mine slightly diluted but mixed with a little honey and water and maybe lemon or lime juice and it’s really yummy! Hope you find what works for you!

41 Annie September 14, 2012 at 10:36 am

I used to take ACV every morning a few years ago and would mix it with a little apple juice or orange juice. I stopped using it bc I found it was making my teeth very sensitive and wearing out my enamel. But I loved it while I was using it! I was hardly ever bloated!

42 Becka @ simplybecka September 14, 2012 at 10:40 am

I have tried it before but I drank a drink that had other good women herbs in it besides ACV, so it tasted really good and not so harsh. I don’t think it’s made anymore. The only advice I have for drinking it is “really fast” like a shot of whiskey. ;-) Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..snooze button of life…

43 Holly September 14, 2012 at 10:45 am

Reminds me of Kombucha…with the living bacteria. I’m curious to see what you think! Do you take a probiotic? I think a while ago I read that you did…it helped me tremendously when I was having my Crohn’s flair ups.
& that breakfast scence is beautiful! It looks like something out of a cookbook :)
Holly recently posted..The REAL Stuff.

44 Claire@NavigatingNorth September 14, 2012 at 11:52 am

If you’re looking for a GREAT female probiotic…Ultimate Flora Vaginal Support essentially has cured any female imbalances I have ever had (too much info? Sorry!)
Claire@NavigatingNorth recently posted..Creamy Balsamic Chicken

45 Bethany @ Accidental Intentions September 14, 2012 at 11:07 am

Yikes. A+ to you for even being willing to try to down ACV. My stomach would have to be in a really, really, really bad place for me to willingly drink vinegar, no matter how mixed/diluted it was. Blech.
Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

46 Brittany September 14, 2012 at 11:09 am

Thanks so much for the link love lady. AVC is strong so I definitely don’t do it on it’s own as a shot (it’s not good for your teeth either). I use 2 tablespoons every morning – I dilute it with 6-8 oz of water, add a splash of all natural, unsweetened apple juice (about 2-3 tablespoons) and then add 2-3 drops of liquid vanilla stevia and a dash of cinnamon. I serve it over a little ice and it tastes like liquid apple pie. Try it and let me know how it goes. :)
Brittany recently posted..Butternut Squash Protein Pancakes

47 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 14, 2012 at 11:10 am

Call me crazy but I actually love ACV and so does my body!! I have MUCH less bloat when I remember to consume it on a regular basis. I also have major digestive/acid reflux issues and it helps so much. I normally drink mine in 1/2 cup water with a squeeze of honey and I don’t mind the taste at all. I have a friend who adds hers to green tea but I have never tried that so I can’t vouch for the taste.
You could also try topping your salads with it on the days you eat them.
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..A Perfect Combination

48 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds September 14, 2012 at 11:12 am

My mom makes a delicious cucumber salad with apple cider vinegar… brown sugar & black pepper.

49 Christine September 14, 2012 at 11:21 am

I have a coworker who drinks it straight like a shot and then follows it with a chaser of water…. I don’t know how he does it. I can’t stomach it.

50 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 14, 2012 at 11:25 am

I had no idea people were sneaking apple cider vinegar into so many things for health benefits! Just another reason I love the blogging world. I’ve used it before, but only in recipes for coleslaws, broccoli slaws, some asian stir fries. Never thought to drink it straight up! Sounds gross…maybe adding it to an apple pie inspired smoothie would be good?
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Officially Responsible.

51 Claire@NavigatingNorth September 14, 2012 at 11:51 am

So…I could drink ACV right out of the jar…and actually did as a kid. I think our bodies know what they crave, and apparently mine craved ACV and still does!

As far as using it daily, I do not. Scott, my fiance has digestive issues (acid refulx and takes medication daily for it) and actually makes homemade cabbage juice, buys sauerkraut juice, and drinks aloe vera juice, too. All of which help. He has also done ACV.

I’ll occasionally do ACV if my body feels really acidic (as it’s supposed to help balance Ph levels).

One thing I CANNOT stomach for the life of me is vegan protein powder mixed with water OR maca root powder (even though it’s fabulous for you…and full of amino acids, and vitamins!)
Claire@NavigatingNorth recently posted..Creamy Balsamic Chicken

52 Brittany @ Delights and Delectables September 14, 2012 at 11:52 am

We had matching breakfasts!!! :) I love ACV! I put 2TBS of ACV, a 1/2 dropper full of lemon stevia, a dash of cinnamon, and then fill it up with warm water. The stevia makes it much more palatable!
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Friday Five

53 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I love how fall-y your blog is now! And the oats look great!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Bears vs. Packers

54 Sam @ The Real Pretty September 14, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Courtney, check out Jen’s blog (Peas & Crayons). She JUST posted her ACV mocktail that she makes! Here’s the link: http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2012/09/acv-on-rocks-and-im-ready-for-some-shots.html
Sam @ The Real Pretty recently posted..5

55 Beth September 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I have found this ACV recipe to be my favorite !! Let me know what you think!
6 oz water
2 oz of ORGANIC APPLE JUICE (look at ingredients and make sure it is only apples) 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar

56 Shana September 14, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I read Brittany’s link which also linked to WebMD and I found the information there very interesting. ACV vinegar seems to have more of a folk remedy following than a recommendation from the scientific community based on the medical studies so far. I am interested in alternative medicine but there just doesn’t seem to be a lot of evidence (other than anecdotal) supporting the use of ACV. I don’t think I would want to choke something down that isn’t necessarily beneficial and can have potential harmful effects. Be careful! While I don’t love it by the tablespoonful, I do love it in vinaigrettes with maple syrup!
Shana recently posted..A League of Their Own

57 Danica @ It's Progression September 14, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I recently bought a bottle of ACV too and am not sure what to do with it because there’s no way I can stand just taking a shot of it either. I have tried putting just a little splash into smoothies and then I can’t taste it at all.
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..first ever small group

58 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I’m with Shana on this one. It’s not worth throwing up over, but like her I do enjoy it mixed in dressings. Love pumpkin oats!!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..The best Paleo snack balls ever!!

59 Lauren September 14, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I make an ACV cocktail every morning. A tall glass of water with lemon juice and one-two TBL of ACV. It took a little getting use to but now I love it. Think of it like a poor man’s Koombucha.
Lauren recently posted..Friday Oatmeal and Workout

60 Cait September 14, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I used to drink it with lemon juice and water. however, it started to cause me to have bad skin issues, so I stopped..

61 Renee Langmeyer September 14, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I’ve tried ACV before but I found that is was causing some throat irritation. I was taking it like a shot though so that may be why.

62 Katie September 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I’ve tried APV before, but it’s just too repulsive. The smell is even a bit much. I’ve used it on my face and in my hair though! Apparently it’s quite the miracle liquid.
Katie recently posted..Latest Food and Drink Concoctions

63 Chelsea September 14, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Heat up some water in a mug, add two tablespoons ACV and a big spoonful of honey… almost like tea and works great when you have a cold too!

64 Kaitlyn September 14, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Never done the ACV buttt i do love me some Kombucha (especially the ginger flavor!) Have you tried that? Sounds to me like it has all the same health benefits & effects as ACV without the pungent taste! :)
Kaitlyn recently posted..hump day inspirations: goal setting

65 Molly Petsch September 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I can’t imagine ever finding a way to ‘enjoy’ ACV but I sure do feel like a champ when I down a glass of water in the morning with ACV in it! Good luck… just know it’s good for you!

66 Carol @ Lucky Zucca September 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Your breakfast scene is what I was dreaming of this morning when I got a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks but sadly it failed to deliver. I think it’s because I denied myself the piece of pumpkin cake I really wanted hehe! The only way I’ve ever heard of someone enjoying it is with Fitmixer Aminos. Laura at Sprint2theTable does it every morning and sometimes she varies it up. You should check out her WIAW posts for ideas!
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..Character Strengths: Applications to Daily Life

67 jamie September 14, 2012 at 2:46 pm

i put it in my salad every day along with olive oil, lemon juice, spices etc!

68 J September 14, 2012 at 2:52 pm

You can try Kombucha instead of ACV. It has most of the same benefits, but tastes MUCH better!

69 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 14, 2012 at 2:56 pm

You should try it in a fruit smoothie :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Rainbow Noodles

70 Amber September 14, 2012 at 3:11 pm

For Tone It Up they have the Meta-D drink. It’s a combination of apple cider vinegar, a little bit of apple juice, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. ALSO have you made pumpkin oats in the microwave before? I wanna have hot pumpkin oats on school days but I’m nervous to try it in the microwave for some reason.

71 Tina @ Best Body Fitness September 14, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I do 1 tbsp with some Lemon or Orange NuNaturals and topped off with filtered water. It did take a bit to get used to but now I even like it.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Scenes from the Week: Things I’m Loving These Days

72 Molly@This Life Is Sparkling September 14, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Those oats look delicious! And do you put creamer or milk in your coffee? It always looks so creamy and delicious but I never know what it is! ;)
Molly@This Life Is Sparkling recently posted..Friday Facts

73 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat September 14, 2012 at 3:29 pm
74 Lisa September 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm

ACV can be a tough one. I usually either blend it into a smoothie/green juice, or add it to iced tea (that I make myself), or even add it to water with lemon juice, a little cinnamon, and stevia. I’ve been loving the pumpkin oats lately! I don’t see this addiction dying down anytime soon.
Lisa recently posted..Coconut Milk “Ice Cream”

75 Kim @ The Family Practice September 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I bet you could bake it into some goodies! Red velvet cake calls for a boat load of vinegar so that’s where i would start!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Football and Marriage

76 Shannon September 14, 2012 at 4:18 pm

No, I’ve never tried using Apple Cider Vinegar as a supplement. I didn’t even think you could actually drink vinegar, but only use it for cooking.

77 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I like you’re idea of whipping banana into the oatmeal! Definitely going to try that this weekend!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 27

78 laura September 14, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I need some pumpkin so I can make that breakfast asap! I just recently started with the ACV and use a cup filled with lots of ice and a little over half of it with water. Then 1 not quite full shot gass with ACV and Kombucha, cranberry juice, or apple juice. The first sip in the morning kinda not my fav but by then end of the glass its good. Takes a little getting used to I started at half a shot.

79 Anita September 14, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I drank ACV with pineapple juice and honey in the mornings for a little while, but I found that I got really bad heartburn! I think it can be really beneficial, but I’m on the Kombucha team, for this one :)

80 Bek @ Crave September 14, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I didn’t know you could drink ACV straight! I’ve only ever added it to recipes haha, if you find a gag-free strategy I’d love to hear it :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..More photos from the Stampede

81 Kat September 14, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I use 2 teaspoons with half glass of water. I use a straw so I drink it faster. I really don’t like the taste but I want the health benefits.

82 Karina September 14, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Girl. 1 tbsp ACV, 1/4c pineapple juice, 1/4c sparkling water & squeeze of lime. Delicious!:)

83 Kim September 15, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I mix it right now with pineapple juice and 1/4 of a lime juice with some honey and its good!
Kim recently posted..My 30 Day Challenge

84 Mollie @Sprinkles of Life September 17, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I bought some Bragg’s this weekend! Excited to start a daily routine with some of the mentioned mixtures. Anxious to see your thoughts….
Mollie @Sprinkles of Life recently posted..The Big 2-5

85 Gianna September 17, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Mix 1-2 tbsp of the ACV into a mug of hot water and add a little honey or agave to it to take some of the edge off!

86 Rachel W September 20, 2012 at 11:26 am

I’m a little late with this, but I have a daily drink that consists of water (about 24 ounces), a packet of crystal light PURE (tropical fruit is the best) and then a teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar. Delicious!

87 Kimberly October 19, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I’m desperately trying to acquire the ACV taste … I’m trying to make little baby ice cubes w/ ACV and then swallowing them. I was able to swallow a couple today, on a few I did gag, forgot not to breath – even frozen I could smell it. How long does it take to ‘get used to it’? I also brush my teeth afterwards to get the acidity off my teeth.

88 Larry April 28, 2013 at 12:01 am

If you have cracked heels, take the peel and rub the inside on and around the cracks.
A good facial moisturizer is a critical part of daily face care routine, and as part of a facial cream or
facial moisture oil, almond oil gives extra nourishment needed
without feeling oily or weighted down. If you are suffering
from thin and brittle hair, almond oil can make your hair grow thicker
and stronger over time as well.
Larry recently posted..Larry

89 Danielle May 23, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Rich in linoleic acid, vitamin E and many other essential fatty oils, it is especially effective for the repairing skin around the eyes
and is known to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

These organic oils are combined in single or mixed combinations with
herbs, carrier oils, carbon dioxides, and water to create the final products.
You will see harmful ingredients like Alcohol, Fragrances, Dioxanes etc.
Danielle recently posted..Danielle

90 how to make a website October 16, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Thanks for any other great article. Where else may just anybody get that kind of info in such an
ideal method of writing? I have a presentation next
week, and I’m at the look for such information.
how to make a website recently posted..how to make a website

91 Youtube Views October 28, 2013 at 3:32 am

I appreciate, result in I discovered just what I
was having a look for. You have ended my 4 day long
hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
Bye