Throw My Brother Into The Mix

by Courtney on September 15, 2012

Happy weekend to you all! How’s everyone doing on this lovely Saturday morning?

Things are going great over here…last night, Jay and I joined our friends Sarah and Jeff for dinner and drinks at Brown’s (aka, one of my favorite local spots EVER). Sarah and I were actually out before that taking care of some bridesmaid duties for our friend Mal and decided to have the boys join us for a bite to eat after we finished. I was hoping Brown’s would have their Pumpkin Ale on tap, but no such luck yet.

Luckily, the Cherry Raspberry was a good replacement.

No other photos from last night…I took the night off. Winking smile

Last night before going to bed, I was trying to persuade Jay that he needed to make me breakfast in bed this morning. You know…just because. Well, that didn’t work out too well, BUT, we did have an awesome coffee table breakfast.

Waffles! Seeing as though we haven’t made waffles since, umm, April, we decided to break out the ‘ol waffle iron again and give ‘em a go.

I topped my waffles with some vanilla chocolate chunk Chobani, fresh raspberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.

Again, I filled up super quick and only got to three out of my four waffle triangles (wedges?) but mannnn were they good.

Jay and I have a few things to take care of around the house today, and then we’re off for the night (for the third Saturday in a row) to celebrate our friends’ Seth & Nicole’s wedding! I’m so excited…my parents and brother will all be there, so it’s going to be a blast. Jay and I already love bustin’ a move on the dance floor…

april 08 007(super old photo from a Rochester trip in 2007…about a month before we officially got back together for “Jay & Courtney 2.0” – such a fun trip, wasn’t it Joey & Kate!?!)

But throw my brother into the mix?

585_Horan

It’s sure to be a good time.

It’s wedding tiiiiiime, my friends! For only about the 3,942 time this year. Winking smile

1 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 15, 2012 at 10:36 am

Ah, I love that brown and white striped shirt you are wearing! Do you remember where you got that?

2 Courtney September 15, 2012 at 10:37 am

It was from the Gap!

3 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 15, 2012 at 10:49 am

Awesome, thank you!

4 Khushboo September 15, 2012 at 10:41 am

Ohh care to share your batt

5 Khushboo September 15, 2012 at 10:42 am

Ah damn touch screen..should’ve said care to share your batter recipe? I’m bored of my usual go-to haha! Have fun tonight!!
Khushboo recently posted..A load of crap

6 Courtney September 15, 2012 at 10:54 am

Sure thing! It was a mix of Stonewall Kitchen’s pancake/waffle mix ;)

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 15, 2012 at 10:46 am

Aw, I wish I had a few weddings to go to; they’re so fun! The next one I know of isn’t until the spring!

Have fun!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 27

8 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 15, 2012 at 10:46 am

I’m glad you got your waffle fix! ;) Wowee, you guys sure have had a lot of weddings lately! I just love weddings. Have fun tonight!! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Meal Survey

9 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 15, 2012 at 11:08 am

The waffles look wonderful!! I need to get a new waffle maker! I don’t think mine gets hot enough anymore! :( Have fun at the wedding!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Man vs Woman – Buffalo Chicken Meatball Round

10 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 15, 2012 at 11:59 am

:) Courtney, I’m glad you like weddings because you’ve had your fair share lately! I went through a wedding year like that a few years ago, but I think you have me beat!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..I Like Bread and Butter…

11 Danica @ It's Progression September 15, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Wedding dances are the best part of the whole day :) Have fun!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..first ever small group

12 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Oooo another wedding! Have fun!!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..I Break The Rules

13 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 15, 2012 at 2:56 pm

No one makes waffles in Ireland, you can’t even really buy them ready made (let alone healthy ones!) What goes in to your mix?
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A packed snack

14 Lisa September 15, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Those waffles look amazing, glad you got your fix in!
You have so many wedding to go to, I’m impressed!
Have fun!
Lisa recently posted..Coconut Milk “Ice Cream”

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 15, 2012 at 3:36 pm

That’s definitely motivating me to pull out my waffle maker – pretty sure it’s been about that long since I’ve had mine out too.
Have fun at the wedding!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Let’s Talk Groceries and Meal Planning.

16 Amanda Brezgel September 15, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Courtney– Have you tried cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker?! :)

17 Mandee September 16, 2012 at 8:01 am

Cinnamon roll…… Waffles?!?!?!?!? Did you read a blog post about this because I’m intrigued…and by intrigued I mean my mouth is watering.
Mandee recently posted..Fourth of July Americana Cupcakes

18 Amanda Brezgel September 16, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I actually saw it on Pinterest. I think it directs you to a blog. Search for it on Pinterest and I’m sure you’ll find it. And… they are AMAZING. If you like cinnamon rolls :D

19 Amanda Brezgel September 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm
20 Bek @ Crave September 15, 2012 at 5:57 pm

So many weddings! Can’t wait for that phase in my life to come along :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..The difference between bingeing and just eating too much

21 Purely Twins September 15, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Courtney you are too cute! love that pic of you dancing
Purely Twins recently posted..house updates: painting baseboards white project continued

22 Mollie @Sprinkles of Life September 17, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Love that pic of you and Jay! So cute!
Mollie @Sprinkles of Life recently posted..The Big 2-5