The Best Workout Tank Ever

It’s been a busy Friday…

You really should experience the sight that is my kitchen when I bake. I am obnoxiously messy. It’s ridiculous.

So after I went out to get cupcake liners this morning, I took care of baking the actual cupcakes and got all of that cleaned up before squeezing in a little exercise. Since I was expecting a package today, I didn’t want to leave the house for too long, so I opted to do my walk on the good ‘ol treadmill (despite the fact that it’s beautiful outside right now).

For today’s workout I suited up into my brand spankin-new piece of Reebok gear: the Workout Ready Racer Back Tank.

The tank comes from their Workout Ready collection, featuring moisture-wicking Play Dry technology, a slim, fitness-ready design, and a few really fun colors. I was actually first sent this tank in pink, in a size medium, since I tend to like my workout tanks to fit more loosely than tight.

The pink tank actually fits great for a layering, casual hanging around tank, but the smaller size actually fit better for a workout. Slim fitting, lightweight, no built-in bra (love that, since I always wear a sports bra anyways) and super comfy.

It’s basically the best workout tank ever.

Once my 45 minute treadmill walk was complete, I showered up and got back to the kitchen. Before diving head first into making some frosting, I made a little veggie snack plate with some hummus.

A small tomato, baby carrots, and cauliflower with roasted red pepper hummus. YUM.

Once that was down the hatch, it was frosting tiiiiime. And within maybe an hour, I had everything finished…that had to be a record for me.

I have an order for 3 dozen cupcakes that I need to drop off later tonight, including an equal split of Double Vanilla cupcakes and Raspberry Devil’s Food w/ Raspberry Almond Buttercream.

It’s been a while since I made that raspberry almond…stuff is gooood.

In the midst of frosting, I also managed to grab another snack from the fridge.

I’ve had this Cherry Pomegranate Fage yogurt a few times now and I love the stuff. Super thick and creamy for being a 0%, and the cherry pomegranate flavor is killer.

Now that I’ve got the cupcakes packaged up and the dishes washed, it’s time to write up a couple training plans, and THEN? It’s time to go play with that package I was waiting for earlier, which has just recently arrived…

Let’s just say that I don’t foresee there being much conversation between Jay and I this evening. And I’m totally okay with that.

Happy Friday, friends! What’s on tap for the weekend? You’ll never guess what I’ve got going on…then again, actually, you probably will since it’s the same way I’ve spent about 3,492 of my weekends this year so far. Winking smile

Comments

I’m starting to think you need to open a bakery! 😉

This was the first Apple launch in 3 years that I haven’t had to work since I recently left to pursue personal training – it’s a little bittersweet. BUT I’m still really excited for everyone so enjoy your new phone!!
    Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday!

• Courtney says

I actually don’t really, since most of the orders I do are just word of mouth and usually from friends or friends of friends. If anyone is interested, they can always email! :)

Those cupcakes look AWESOME. If I lived nearby, I’d have you do the baby shower I am hosting soon!

Have a fun weekend :)

We’re unpacking into our new condo & being lazy. I NEED this. Finally a weekend to decompress instead of travel/run around. Haha.
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Be Brave

Ok, what’s your secret?? How are you baking without your wrappers getting oily/greasy?  whenever i bake from scratch (no matter what recipe) i can never use paper wrappers — the moisture/oil/butter seeps through and makes them look horrible!  so unappetizing.   wilton has answered my prayers recently and made paper cupcake wrappers lined with foil so i can finally have some fun patterns… but the selection is limited!  i was so sad when i turned down snoopy and the great pumpkin wrappers in michael’s!
    Mandee recently posted..Fourth of July Americana Cupcakes

• Courtney says

Hmmm, that’s strange…I don’t know? I have had that problem before, and you’re right, it is sorta gross, haha!
      I wish I had a better answer for you though. :( Good luck – and hey, at least you found the paper wrappers with foil!

4. Beth says

Congrats on the new iphone! I may have missed it, but what was the verdict on the pumpkin krispie squares? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

5. monique says

Hey… what do you use to icing your cupcakes. I use the martha stewart icing bag but I feel as if the tips are not large enough.

Another wedding? Man, I have a feeling with all these weddings you are going to be attending ALOT of baby showers around the same time, too!!

I am totally envious of your cupcake decorating skills. I need to watch your icing tutorial another 10x’s or so until I actually get how to do it. I have tried time and time again but they never come out looking pretty. At least the taste good!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..She is NOT Plus-Sized

7. Heather Lambirth says

Okay I know I’ve asked you before about your cupcakes but how do you get them to look so perfect?! I think you should do a you tube piping video because I could certainly use the tips. Also, I know you mentioned where you buy those cardboard boxes in a previous post but can you remind us. You are an amazing baker!

Enjoy your iPhone! I kind of regret not pre-ordering one, especially because I’m in dire need of a new phone ever since I dropped mine and the front screen cracked in a billion places… Need to be smarter next time and invest in some kind of bulletproof cover lol.

Hope you have an awesome weekend!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... exercising on vacation .

The cupcakes look amazing! Every time that you bake something I want to rush to the store to buy the ingredients!! I am a hot mess when I bake….I mean there is stuff flying everywhere. I always say that I will get things together before I start baking, but never do. You may have done this already, but have you ever done a video of you baking?? Like an instructional?? You should!!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..A night at the fair!

10. bethany says

I love the Fage greek yogurt. I always get the one with honey but I’m totally going to try that flavor if I can find it :)

11. Laura says

your cupcakes are always so professional looking! do you charge people for these orders, or are they mainly for family/friends? Do you ship?

Trackbacks