Congrats Mooners and Neesy!

by Courtney on September 23, 2012

Have I mentioned that I love weddings?

Ohh, I have? Okay…well, then I’ll say it again. I love weddings!

Yesterday morning, Jay and I headed out for our day-long wedding extravaganza to celebrate our cousin Denise and (now also our cousin) Mike. They had a beautiful ceremony in Albany, right down the road from my old stompin’ grounds.

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Mooney!!

IMG_4491IMG_4493

Heyyyy, those two cool cats look familiar. Winking smile

There was a short amount of time to wait in between the ceremony and reception, but between having to stop to pick up a card and the ride over there, we really only had to wait about a half hour before things got back underway.

Considering the fact that my stomach was grumbling like crazy while in church, it’s no surprise that I headed straight for the hor d’oeuvres once cocktail hour started. I’m telling you…the food at this place (The Terrace at Waters Edge) was phenomenal. I could have easily made a meal out of the hor d’oeuvres.

I started with plate #1, including some bruschetta and roasted veggies, but then I found out there were meatballs and crab cakes, so I went back up for plate #2.

IMG_0023IMG_0026

Oh mannnn, everything was so good! I also had a little fun using my iPhone to take photos, hence the reason that they’re all vertical. Didn’t quite think about that part…

I also enjoyed a couple small glasses of champagne with strawberries during cocktail hour.

I do love me some champagne. Smile

We got seated at our table, which included lots of fun characters – some familiar, and some are probably some new faces. You guys know these two, so they don’t need any introductions.

We also got to sit with Nick and Jamie, who you most likely haven’t “met” before. Nick actually did make one small appearance on the blog before, when he helped us build the new landscaping in our front yard. They’re such a fun time.

Then we also had John and Jen as tablemates, who made a sneaky appearance on the blog earlier this year. I’ve known John for almost as long as I’ve known Jay, since John was one of his cousin Brian’s best friends growing up, so he was always around when we all got together.

Then there were these two taking up space at the table…not quite sure who they were.

Kiiiiidding.

Pretty soon, cocktail hour was finishing up and the happy bride and groom arrived!

The DJ started things off with a fun game where you pass a dollar bill around the table in order to see who wins the centerpiece, which I was already in love with since it was so festive and fall-like.

Well, the dollar ended up in Sarah’s hand, but somehow with the way the game worked, I ended up winning! I think she was ready to fight me for it…

Ohh, I love my Sarah. Smile

And I love this handsome devil. Winking smile

For dinner, we started off with salads (no photo), then we were brought a small dish of some amazing pasta in what I believe was vodka sauce, and THEN we had dinner.

IMG_0032IMG_0033

Seriously. The food was amaaaaaazing.

Shortly after dinner, Denise had her father-daughter dance. This part of weddings always makes me tear up (especially at my own), but Denise’s was extra special because our Uncle Marty actually sang while her brother, Brian, played guitar.

It was a really sweet moment during the evening.

Once the formal stuff was out of the way, it was time to get the dance party started!

Somewhere in the middle of the evening, they started playing the locomotion and since Jay and I aren’t’ really huge locomotion fans, we headed back to our table to hide out. Luckily, we were greeted with cake that was waiting for us…ice cream cake!

Had we waited that much longer it probably would have already been melted, so I’m glad we made it over when we did. Despite the fact that it was half melted by the time we got to it, it was still incredible.

The rest of the evening was spent out on the dance floor, and I even got a special dance with the groom. Mike’s my dancing buddy.

Both Mike and Denise had huge smiles plastered on their faces the entire day, and it was so nice to see just how happy they were. They’re such a fun couple…as if you couldn’t already tell.

Congrats again Mooners & Neesy!!

And now, I’m off to another bridal shower on this lovely Sunday.

I know…I’m not even kidding on that one. Winking smile

1 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 23, 2012 at 11:32 am

Wow, you have had a lot of wedding this year! How fun!!! Congrats to the bride and groom!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Weekly Recap

2 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 23, 2012 at 11:42 am

:) Seriously, this is getting out of hand! It’s a good thing you like weddings! What a beautiful church….so glad you had a good time!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Self-Esteem Saturday

3 Amanda September 23, 2012 at 11:45 am

I’m with you on the wedding things! I was in one last night and have a bridal shower today also! I have a wedding eveyr weekend except one from now until November 10th! Hope you have fun at the shower!
Amanda recently posted..Busy Busy

4 Marielle September 23, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Ha- That sounds like me last year, we had 6 weddings to go plus some showers and bachelorette parties. Busy, Busy! Btw that ice cream cake looked AMAZING!
Marielle recently posted..My Passport Is Ready…..

5 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 23, 2012 at 12:21 pm

You must be broke from all the weddings! And have a tonne of outfits now! Love them, but I’ve only been to one as an adult!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Cornmeal in my pancakes

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

So much wedding fun! :-) Looks like a beautiful day!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Lovely Little Friday

7 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Jesus, you are up to your eyebrows in weddings! But they’ve all looked like an awesome time, so clearly that’s a good thing.

I’d be excited over winning that centerpiece too, it’s so pretty!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..And Then I Ate More Sushi.

8 Blog is the New BLack September 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Ice cream cake! Ahhhh! I tried so hard to get a vendor to make one for my wedding and couldn’t. Totally jelly!
Blog is the New BLack recently posted..Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

9 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy September 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm

It must be the year of weddings for you! Weddings are so much fun, though, I hope that I have more to attend next year :)!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..And Then God Laughed

10 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm

What a wedding season for you! Geeze! ………<3 Ice cream cake- SCORE!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Almond Butter

11 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 23, 2012 at 1:15 pm

You are the queen of going to wedding this year! So fun, but I bet it can get tiring!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..My New Vitamix Blender

12 Sana September 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I love that you recap the weddings of your friends because these are the memories that everyone wants to remember and share.
Sana recently posted..Bloggers Staying Fit At Fitbloggin

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 23, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Haha, my goodness girl, you’ve had quite the wedding and baby shower season this year… are your feet sore yet from dancing in heels all night long? ;) I absolutely love weddings, though… the hopeless romantic in me gets all giddy to see people celebrating their love for one another.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... my Fall bucket list .

14 Megan@funsizedfitness September 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Omg icecream cake – you’re so lucky! Did it have some kind of fall decoration on it? I noticed there’s something yellow and orange on your slice :)
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..This or That: Health and Fitness

15 Courtney September 23, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I don’t know! Haha, I missed her cutting it (or even before it was cut) :)

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated September 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Wow, you really are smack-dab in the middle of wedding craziness! I can’t believe you have a bridal shower today, too! I went through the wedding crazy time a few years ago. Now it’s turned into crazy baby time instead! ;) Pretty much all of my friends now have at least 1 child. It’s wild how fast time flies!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Why didn’t I think of that?

17 Alicia September 23, 2012 at 3:20 pm

That food looked so good and that asparagus looked huge! Weddings can be so much fun!
Alicia recently posted..Self Magazine — Stand Outs!

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I can’t believe how many weddings you’ve been to recently – I mean, seriously!! And another bridal shower…dang girl, tell your friends and family to spread out the love (literally). ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Motivational Monday Sunday

19 Courtney September 23, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Haha, I know, right?! When it gets to seem like a lot, I just remind myself that I’m lucky to have so many friends and family who I’m close enough with to be invited to their special day :)

20 Michael September 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Nisey and I love the blog post!

21 Courtney September 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Awww yay! I’m glad! And I now just realized that I spelled Nisey wrong…woops ;)
Congrats again you two!!! xoxo

22 Bek @ Crave September 24, 2012 at 2:46 am

Ahhh you go to so many weddings! Lol. I haven’t been to one in years.
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Tuna Rice Paper Rolls

23 Floey September 24, 2012 at 6:34 am

I love how your hair always looks so simple and gorgeous!

24 Courtney September 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

Awww, thank you!
Believe it or not, I had actually curled it before leaving the house… :)

25 Floey September 24, 2012 at 6:40 pm

You know, it reminds me of Joey from Dawson’s Creek! hahaa. I knew it reminded me of someone. So simple and chic :) Happy Monday!
Floey recently posted..The Wordless Year

26 Cara September 24, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Looks like such a fun time!!!

This is super random……
My husband’s cousins were at that same wedding and are cousins of the bride as well…. I’m thinking there is a connection. SMALL WORLD!

27 Courtney September 24, 2012 at 9:21 pm