Things Making Me Smile This Week {9/23}

by Courtney on September 23, 2012

I’m really enjoying these posts lately. Not only are they fun a little change up, but they also let me reflect back on the things from the week that were positive, fun, hilarious, and/or happy. So here’s what we’ve got this week…

I finally found my festive fall frames!! For some reason, I stored them in a totally separate closet from the rest of our fall stuff. What was I thinking?!?

To see how I made that frame, for wicked cheap, check out this post.

SOYJOY came out with two new flavors recently: Cranberry and Dark Chocolate Cherry.

How awesome is that, right? They are both so, so good.

I’ve got to include these again because, well, they make me smile anytime I eat one.

Of course, we’ve got to include this week’s Pinterest finds…

Source: via Courtney on Pinterest

Source: imgfave.com via Courtney on Pinterest

And last but not least…the siding on our house is DONE! Open-mouthed smile

Here’s some before and afters:

We’ve still got a few little detail things to finish up, and we’ll still need a new back deck, but we’re definitely lookin’ better than we were and I am so, so happy it’s finished.

Alright…time to get back to this stinkin’ Jets game. I hate when they go into overtime – I get so nervous!

1 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 23, 2012 at 4:50 pm

LOVE the siding… it looks great!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Lovely Little Friday

2 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I would love to try the chocolate cherry! One of my favourite combos!!! :) Saw the one with the “one trip…” on pinterest, love it!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..No Backing Out Now

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 23, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I love the cat picture! So hilarious and all to true.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Back to the Future

4 April miller-Rose September 23, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Lol I love that! “Two trips is for the weak!” Totally how I think when I’m unloading te groceries from the car:P an your new siding looks phenomenal!!

5 Emilie @ Hungry Delights September 23, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Wow the back of the house looks great! Renos are so much fun – can’t wait to see how the deck looks when your all finished.

Love the kitty cat in the jar of nutella that is something my naughty cat would do :)
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..Get to know me ~ Meal Survey

6 Megan@funsizedfitness September 23, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Hahaha, I’ve totally raided my parent’s stash of semi-sweet chocolate morsels before (especially when they don’t have any other kind of chocolate in the house when I’m visiting!)
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..I Love Coupons!

7 Lili September 23, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Love the cat picture .. Soo cute..

8 jackie September 23, 2012 at 5:52 pm

quick question where do you buy your soy joy bars? I am having trouble finding boxes of them in stores!

9 Sarah B. September 23, 2012 at 5:56 pm

hahah that first ecard is so me! These posts are such a great idea. Sometimes we all need to remember how lucky we are!
Sarah B. recently posted..We Made It!

10 Clare September 23, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Haha.. that’s something my cat would do! The siding on your house looks great btw, love the colour ;)
Clare recently posted..Turkey Patties {and one very jealous sister..}

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 23, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Wooooo for the Jets! ….I love the cake one! So true! :) That would be great!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Almond Butter

12 Courtney September 23, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Haha Love the one about the busted can of biscuits… SO true!

13 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat September 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm

now those are funny!! i am defiantly planning on making those pumpkin rice krispies for the Locks of Love event my school is hosting!! Hope you had a great weekend :)
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Semi Weekend Recap

14 Meg September 23, 2012 at 6:39 pm

WOOHOO! Congrats on being DONE your siding! What an accomplishment!

I really like these posts too, girl. Please keep them coming :)
Meg recently posted..A Week of Workouts

15 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset September 23, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Haha- the cake going to the boobs one…Wouldn’t that be amazing!? If only… ;)
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..Annoyed

16 Shana September 23, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Your love of all things pumpkin made me want to share a recipe with you. Since I just posted about it, it’s also a shameless (ok, I’m slightly ashamed) plug: Pumpkin and Refried Bean Burritos!

And “two trips” really is for the weak. The majority of my strength training comes from hauling groceries. Get at it!

Shana recently posted..Can Do

17 Blog is the New Black September 23, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Ahhhh! Semi-sweet morsels… so me!

18 Alysia @ Slim Sanity September 23, 2012 at 7:35 pm

the house looks great!!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..last birthday hurrah

19 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 23, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I love the Pinterest finds!!! I definitely get the busted can of biscuits,especially this week. Sheesh, let me feel skinny again. Hormones kind of suck!!!

The siding looks great!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..A Little Something Pumpkin

20 michelle kim September 23, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I also wish cake went straight to my boobs. It just goes to my thighs though :P
michelle kim recently posted..Trail Hog Race Recap

21 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 23, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Haha I love all of those ecards. The house looks awesome too! What an improvement!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Saturday Morning Ramblings

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 23, 2012 at 7:51 pm

The chocolate morsels one – me all week. Clearly, I need to get some real chocolate up in here. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..And Then I Ate More Sushi.

23 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 23, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Haha oh the chocolate ecard, how I can relate. Lately I’ve been pretty good at keeping my chocolate stash well stocked, but I remember going to town on those Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate squares countless times in the past.

Your new siding looks great!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... life’s too short… .

24 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 23, 2012 at 8:03 pm

The siding looks beautiful! And I must get my hands on those new soyjoy bar flavors. It’s actually been awhile since I had them and I’m not sure why…time to change that. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Motivational Monday Sunday

25 bobbie September 23, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Can you tell me what color your siding is? It looks great!

26 Courtney September 23, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Thanks! It’s called natural clay

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 23, 2012 at 9:03 pm

LOVE the siding! It totally changes your house! And I love the cake/boob picture. HILARIOUS.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

28 Anna V. September 23, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Congrats on bringing your house into the 21st century! ;) Looks great!

29 Michelle (Better with Berries) September 23, 2012 at 10:17 pm

The siding looks great! And I LOVE that cat with nutella picture. I’m not even usually a big cat fan (but Cody is cute!) but that is too funny.
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..The Perfect First Day of Fall

30 Claire September 23, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hey Courtney! Thought I’d share this recipe with you – my mom has made it a few times before so I took a go at it this weekend and it is to die for!

Claire recently posted..Crack Cake

31 Khushboo Thadani September 24, 2012 at 12:43 am

Hahaha what is it about grocery bags that make me feel invincible…2 trips really are for the weak!!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Five Favorites For Friday

32 Kelly @ Femme Fitale September 24, 2012 at 7:59 am

Hahah, totally agree. Story of my ‘grocery shopping’ life!

33 Ali September 24, 2012 at 2:17 am

Hahaha… could not stop laughing at the shopping bags. I so do that! Why, it’s like it would kill me to make two trips to get the groceries in. Every time though, I practically cut off the circulation in my fingers to get everything in the house at once, phew! Totally cuteness and LOL at the cat and the Nutella, ha! Loved that.

34 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 24, 2012 at 8:01 am

Your house looks beautiful!! Congrats on getting it all done!!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..End of the Weekend Fun

35 Linz @ Itz Linz September 24, 2012 at 8:21 am

Haha you always post the most hilarious things!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..STL Bloggers, Run, Kids, Food

36 Melanie September 24, 2012 at 9:44 am

I LOVE the harvest/family/blessing picture! I was wondering where I can get one to hang in my house. Do you know?
Thanks!

37 Courtney September 24, 2012 at 9:45 am

Check out the link to the post below the photo :)

38 Sue September 24, 2012 at 10:58 am

Good morning. Are the frames you used for your Fall pictures square? I do counted cross stitch and I used to be able to find square frames all over the place and I’m having a really hard finding any square frames now. I looked into having some made but they would cost too much considering it didn’t cost me very much to make the actual picture. I usually don’t go to Michael’s but thought I might if they had square frames that weren’t too expensive. Thanks and have a great day.

Sue

39 Courtney September 24, 2012 at 11:27 am

Hey Sue! No, the frames I have are rectangle. Sorry!

40 Sue September 24, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Thanks. My eyes are bad. The pictures look square to me. What size are the actual pictures? I just love that idea. LOL.

Sue

41 Courtney September 24, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I’m pretty sure it’s 8×10 – I printed it on computer paper and remember having to trim it slightly

42 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 24, 2012 at 11:21 am

Hahaha oh man…I’ve been guilty of digging into the semi-sweet chocolate chips in times of desperation! Sometimes you’re just too busy (lazy) to bake, but you need a chocolate fix!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Fall Bucket List

43 Bek @ Crave September 24, 2012 at 11:58 pm

The siding looks awesome! Don’t underestimate those semi sweet chocolate chips! they are darn good ;) I’m really enjoying these posts :)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Snowed under

44 EG Gal October 2, 2012 at 9:34 am

Were you pleased with the company who did you siding? If so, would you mind sharing their name. We need new siding and we live in East Greenbush.

45 Courtney October 2, 2012 at 9:42 am