Looking For Attention

Happy Monday! I feel like I’ve got quite a bit to catch up on this morning, so let’s get right to it…starting with what you may have missed this weekend:

So yesterday afternoon, I met up with my mom to head out for, yes, another bridal shower.

Yesterday’s shower was for my friend Heather’s younger sister, Samantha. Sammy and my brother were best buds growing up, so I’ve known Sam since she was just a little tyke.

The shower was really nice and went by fairly quickly. For lunch, there was a large buffet of homemade food to choose from, so I opted for some chopped salad, homemade eggplant parm, and some sliced deli meat.

I was also pretty psyched when our table won the “purse game” and I got some new cinnamon sugar soap as a prize…hey, you can never have too much soap, right? Winking smile

By the time I dropped my mom off and got back home from the shower, I had a few things to take care of around the house before it was dinner time. I’ve had a spaghetti squash sitting on my counter for weeks now, so I figured I’d cook that up.

I topped half of my spaghetti squash with some steamed spinach, marinara sauce, and four MorningStar Farms veggie meatballs.

The meatballs were pretty good, but nothing crazy…just don’t expect them to taste like real meatballs. Winking smile

After dinner, Jay and I spent the evening relaxing, watching the Emmy’s, and apparently not paying enough attention to the Codester.

Either that, or he was trying to tell me that I need to get going on the laundry? Whatever the reason, he made us laugh.

This morning, my little guy was still looking for some attention and wound up being my workout buddy. Immediately after I finished on the treadmill, he hopped right on there.

Today’s workout was my Boredom Buster Treadmill Walk + some light upper body weights, and it felt great to get moving again after taking the weekend off.

Post-workout, I followed up with some breakfast out of a jar…all thanks to my dear friends Joe and Kate who like to save their PB jars for me. I love it.

I whipped up a batch of Pumpkin Custard Oats, topped them with a bit of Love Grown Foods granola, and enjoyed them with my mug of coffee.

Soooo, so good.

Alright, my friends…time to get going with some Monday to-do’s. Have a great day!

**Quick FYI: My friend Linda is holding a 100 Day Challenge and is offering prizes to 10 winners – if you’re interested in joining in on the challenge (today is the last day!) be sure to check it out.

Question for the Morning:

For my fellow pet owners – what funny things do your furry friends do to try to get your attention?

Comments

My dog definitely craves attention all the time! Usually if he doesn’t think we are watching him, he will come up to us a lick our hands or nuzzle our legs, or even chew on something he isn’t supposed to.. I guess he thinks that even negative attention is better than none at all! :)

What a fun weekend full of all things wedding!

Our yellow lab does all sorts of hilarious things when he wants our attention… He’ll push his head down on our laps and just look at us until we acknowledge his presence, and then sometimes he’ll put his two front paws up on us and practically give us a big hug if he’s feeling really persistant. He cracks me up all the time.
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..First Weekend of Fall

While I don’t have a dog yet (sad face), I grew up with a lot of animals. So I have lots of funny stories. I think my favorite is when Sadie, the cutest yorkshire terrier you’ll ever meet, licks your face to wake you up in the morning. If that doesn’t work, then she’ll paw at your face. Her last resort is literally walking on your face. That’s definitely a sure way to make you get up and feed her/take her out!
    Elaine recently posted..Chobani Giveaway!

Our cat runs around the house really fast and does a weird meow then jumps onto the couch beside us! She especially hates it when my husband plays video games for some reason.
    Lindsey recently posted..2/10 Years

My dog Bentley has no shame! He will come up to me and just shove his face into mine. He also will stand right in front of the TV and try to block it so I’m forced to play with him. This weekend, my boyfriend and I were putting together new furniture and Bentley was literally walking all over the couches-even on the top of them-trying to get our attention. He is such a little ham!
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Friday Favorites, Take II

My pup is such a ham for attention. She’ll start really subtly by pretending like she doesn’t notice us and laying down a few feet away. Then she’ll slowly start inching her way closer until she’s basically laying on our feet. Then if we still don’t pay attention to her, she’ll put her head on our knees and look up at us with her big puppy eyes. Gets us every time…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... life’s too short… .

OMG, I was just playing with my dog yesterday and in the middle of our fetch, she just wanted to play with the ball by herself. I got distracted by a bunch of ants making a line toward the house, so I started looking at where they were going… I guess she felt ignored because she kept crawling right in between my legs with the ball in her mouth (probably saying, “hey! Let’s play more fetch!” Yeah. My dog can sorta talk, hehe).
    michelle kim recently posted..Trail Hog Race Recap

I have 3 horses and one of them I’ve had since he was born 13 years ago. His name is Jet and boy does he ever get jealous when I mess with my other horses and not him. If he’s in the stall and has to watch me groom my other guys, he’ll paw at the door, push on it like he’s going to go through it, or splash his water out of his bucket. Now if we’re out in the field it’s a whole different story. He’ll run all the other horses off and stand in between us so that he gets all of my attention. It makes me laugh every time. I think it’s just to cute that he’s that jealous.
    Ashley @ The North Carolina Cowgirl recently posted..Instadump: Cows and Trail Riding

I just came back fro a long weekend at a wedding with some friends, and my cat was blatantly ignoring me, until she tried to jump on the mantle. Then she was trying to get my attention. All’s well with us now, though. Got morning kitty snuggles. Always a good time. :-)

Generally speaking, my dog just barks and whines incessantly until he gets attention, but he’s pretty sneaky when he wants to be fed. His food and the door we open to let him out are both downstairs, so when his bowl is empty and he’s hungry, he’ll gone downstairs to his door, bark like he wants to go out, and then as soon as he hears you come down the stairs he leads you over to his food bowl and looks at you expectantly. He’s a smartypants!
    Bethany @ Accidental Intentions recently posted..Thursday Things

11. Lizzie says

I always sleep with a glass of water on my bed-side table…my kitty, Baxter will dunk his paws in the water and then proceed to splash my face with a paw-full of water to wake me up! It’s the most annoying, precious thing in the world.

• Courtney says

It’s usually either milk or Nestle Bliss creamer – it’s natural and only has like, 5 ingredients I think. It’s DELICIOUS!

12. Shannon says

Not really funny things. Armani comes up to you with his tail always up and wagging with a big smile on his face. He’s hit his head one too many times, but he’s lovable- that’s all that matters. Jezebel is very vocal; she talks a lot to you if you’re ignoring her…especially at dinner time.