Timed Stability Ball Circuit Workout

How about a fun stability ball circuit workout to get the day started?!

As part of my fall/winter partnership with GNC, I’m teaming up with them to not only test out and share some of their products, but also to coordinate some fun, new workouts to share with all of you. Cool, right? Today I thought it’d be fun to put together a little circuit workout that I’m planning on incorporating into my own workouts later this week. It’s actually slightly adapted from my previous stability ball circuit, as well as a circuit that I like to incorporate with some of my training clients.

As you guys know, I’m slowly adding in some light strength training, and I really do love me some circuits…especially when they’re timed. This way, you already have an idea of how long your workout is going to be and you have something to keep you from sitting and resting too long.

Like in this case, you can plan on each round of today’s timed stability ball circuit to take you about 9-10 minutes.

stability ball circuit gnc1

Add in your 2 minute rest after each circuit, repeat two times, and you’ve got your workout finished in less than 40 minutes.

As always, be sure to maintain proper form throughout each of the exercises, focus on steady breathing, and choose a weight that you will be able to work with for each of the 50 second work intervals.

To help, here are some picture demonstrations for each of the exercises listed above.

Have fun!!

Dumbbell Chest Press Stability Ball           Dumbbell Pullover on Stability Ball

Skullcrushers on Stability Ball           Alt. Dumbbell Hammer Curl Stability Ball

Stability Ball Roll Outs                                    Stability Ball Roll Ins

Shoulder Press on Stability Ball      Rear Shoulder Dumbbell Row Stability Ball

1. Karen Jasmin says

Hi Courtney,

Hope all is well with you!

Do you have a pumpkin cupcake recipe? I would be so surprised if you didn’t but I don’t see on in your recipes? I am craving a pumpkin cupcake. I can’t get enough of pumpkin beer lately and I want to make some cupcakes. Let me know.
    Sorry this is not related to your latest post….:)

2. Angela T. says

THANK YOU for adding picture demonstrations – I am 100% more likely to complete a workout like this if I know for sure what each exercise is without having to google image it :)

Stability ball roll ins kill my abs!!! It is the one ab exercise that I feel immediately after finishing them. One of those that I love to hate!!

I like workouts like this because they are also great for people who need to break their workouts up into 10 minute segments. It is easy enough to get done first thing in the morning and later in the evening as well!!
    Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Ready for Some Girl Talk

Love this Courtney! I mean it when I say I will be trying this workout TOMORROW! Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays are typically my strength days, and I was looking for something for tomorrow am. Perfect :) Thanks for the idea!
    Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..A Diagnosis

Thank you for the stability ball workout. I’ve been looking for exercises that don’t irritate my recovering sprained ankle, and this is really helpful!

Also, unrelated to this post – I’ve been reading for a long time but never really commented. Thank you for always being so open and honest with your readers and for sharing your healthy living with us! Bloggers like you have inspired me in so many ways, and I’d be absolutely thrilled if you stop by my new (three days old!) blog in a spare moment. :)
    Iris Lee recently posted..I Can’t Buy Happiness, But New Pants Don’t Hurt!

6. Dee says

I love this! I am a big fan of circuits and incorporating the stability ball into my workouts for an extra challenge. Thank you for sharing this!! I’m excited to workout tomorrow morning! Still loving those picture tutorials you provide :)