Timed Stability Ball Circuit Workout

by Courtney on September 25, 2012

I promised you all a workout today, didn’t I?

Well, I’m not one to back away from a promise! As part of my fall/winter partnership with GNC, I’m teaming up with them to not only test out and share some of their products, but also to coordinate some fun, new workouts to share with all of you. Cool, right? Today I thought it’d be fun to put together a little circuit workout that I’m planning on incorporating into my own workouts later this week. It’s actually slightly adapted from my previous stability ball circuit, as well as a circuit that I like to incorporate with some of my training clients.

As you guys know, I’m slowly adding in some light strength training, and I really do love me some circuits…especially when they’re timed. This way, you already have an idea of how long your workout is going to be and you have something to keep you from sitting and resting too long.

Like in this case, you can plan on each round of today’s timed stability ball circuit to take you about 9-10 minutes.

stability ball circuit gnc1

Add in your 2 minute rest after each circuit, repeat two times, and you’ve got your workout finished in less than 40 minutes.

As always, be sure to maintain proper form throughout each of the exercises, focus on steady breathing, and choose a weight that you will be able to work with for each of the 50 second work intervals.

To help, here are some picture demonstrations for each of the exercises listed above.

Have fun!!

**************

Dumbbell Chest Press Stability Ball           Dumbbell Pullover on Stability Ball

Skullcrushers on Stability Ball           Alt. Dumbbell Hammer Curl Stability Ball

Stability Ball Roll Outs                                    Stability Ball Roll Ins

Shoulder Press on Stability Ball      Rear Shoulder Dumbbell Row Stability Ball

1 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 25, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Thanks for this! I’ve always looking for workouts I can do at home.
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming..

2 Karen Jasmin September 25, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Hi Courtney,

Hope all is well with you!

Do you have a pumpkin cupcake recipe? I would be so surprised if you didn’t but I don’t see on in your recipes? I am craving a pumpkin cupcake. I can’t get enough of pumpkin beer lately and I want to make some cupcakes. Let me know.
Sorry this is not related to your latest post….:)

Thanks

3 Courtney September 25, 2012 at 1:39 pm
4 Karen September 25, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Thank you! I knew you did, I must have missed it when I looked.
I can’t wait to make them.
Have a good night.

5 Rachel September 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm

This looks great! I’m also slowly adding in more strength into my routine :D
Rachel recently posted..New Jersey

6 Chelsea Lords September 25, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Courtney–great post. I can not wait to try this out! Your pictures and everything look so great. I love that this work-out only requires a ball and weights (don’t have a gym pass right now!) Thanks again.
Chelsea Lords recently posted..Some Ab Work and Pumpkin Overnight Oats!

7 Angela T. September 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm

THANK YOU for adding picture demonstrations – I am 100% more likely to complete a workout like this if I know for sure what each exercise is without having to google image it :)

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 25, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Love this! Definitely going to have to give this a try!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Tuesday Ten

9 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 25, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Stability ball roll ins kill my abs!!! It is the one ab exercise that I feel immediately after finishing them. One of those that I love to hate!!

I like workouts like this because they are also great for people who need to break their workouts up into 10 minute segments. It is easy enough to get done first thing in the morning and later in the evening as well!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Ready for Some Girl Talk

10 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Great workout and love all the easy to follow diagrams and links!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The Fat Debate

11 Candice September 25, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Great workout! I just finished a workout and my legs are trashed so I think Ill give this a go today–;)
Candice recently posted..Big Cottonwood Marathon

12 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 25, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Love this! I might even try it out today since I have yet to get in a workout. I love using the stability ball with weights… it combines balance work and strength training all in one! :)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..12 Weeks: A Fit Pregnancy

13 Annette@FitnessPerks September 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Looks great! I love a good focus on stability & arms :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..FitMixer Protein Banana Bread (+ Giveaway Winner)

14 Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 25, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Love this Courtney! I mean it when I say I will be trying this workout TOMORROW! Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays are typically my strength days, and I was looking for something for tomorrow am. Perfect :) Thanks for the idea!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..A Diagnosis

15 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers September 25, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Yay – thanks for the workout inspiration. :)

16 michelle kim September 25, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Awesome! Sounds like a perfect quick workout. And thank you for all the pictures to go along with the moves :)
michelle kim recently posted..Race-Day Disasters and Other Stuff

17 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 25, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I love the stability ball but I often find myself just doing sit-ups on it because I can’t think of any other exercises! Thanks for refreshing my memory! :)

18 Alicia September 26, 2012 at 12:43 am

Oh I really do love this! I can not wait to try this ball workout! The pictures of how to do the exercises are perfect!
Alicia recently posted..Tuesday Morning Workout + Weigh In

19 Iris Lee September 26, 2012 at 1:38 am

Thank you for the stability ball workout. I’ve been looking for exercises that don’t irritate my recovering sprained ankle, and this is really helpful!

Also, unrelated to this post – I’ve been reading for a long time but never really commented. Thank you for always being so open and honest with your readers and for sharing your healthy living with us! Bloggers like you have inspired me in so many ways, and I’d be absolutely thrilled if you stop by my new (three days old!) blog in a spare moment. :)
Iris Lee recently posted..I Can’t Buy Happiness, But New Pants Don’t Hurt!

20 Dee September 26, 2012 at 4:49 am

I love this! I am a big fan of circuits and incorporating the stability ball into my workouts for an extra challenge. Thank you for sharing this!! I’m excited to workout tomorrow morning! Still loving those picture tutorials you provide :)

21 Kelly @ Femme Fitale September 27, 2012 at 8:03 am

This give me inspiration for some new prenatal workouts!! Stability ball loves baby bellies :)

22 Becka @ simplybecka September 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

Hi, great workout, I am gonna have to give some of these moves a try on my ball at home sometime, thanks. ^_^
Becka @ simplybecka recently posted..google reader…

23 Jennifer Stymiest September 28, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Great workout! Did it this morning! :)

24 order xtreme testosterone October 18, 2013 at 5:22 am

This piece of writing will assist the internet people for building up new weblog orr even a blog from start to end.
order xtreme testosterone recently posted..order xtreme testosterone

25 Personal Private Trainer Training November 13, 2013 at 6:29 pm

As a personal trainer I love all these different workouts.