He Finally Caved

by Courtney on September 27, 2012

Woahhhh, baby. Was there lots of good food in my house last night!

Jay and I had our buds Joe & Kate over last night for dinner and when it came time to decide what was going to be on the menu, chicken parm just called to me. So I took out a container of homemade sauce from the freezer, cooked up a batch of my healthy baked chicken parm, and added in some whole wheat spaghetti.

(this tends to be a favorite meal of ours when Joe and Kate come over, obviously)

To make sure we had a little veggie action, Kate took care of roasting up some delicious green beans with parmesan cheese.

Yes, it was a feast, indeed!

I enjoyed a little bit of everything and had no problem-o clearing my plate.

Put Italian food in front of me and I. am. done.

Shortly after dinner, there was dessert to be had…

I’ve been dying to make a batch of my favorite apple crisp for the past couple of weeks; I bought a bag of apples at the store on Monday, but didn’t want to make it just for Jay and I (because I know we’d have no problem demolishing the whole thing ourselves in a matter of days). When I found out J&K were coming, I had no more excuses.

Topped with a little French Vanilla ice cream + caramel? Ohh, it was heavenly.

The four of us spent the whole evening eating, catching up, laughing (as always), and watching the season premieres of The Middle and Modern Family. But MOST importantly…

Do you guys remember over the summer when we were trying to convince Jay to join the land of Twitter? Well last night, he finally caved!

jay twitter

Unfortunately, I couldn’t convince him to go with @MrSweetTooth (he’s lucky I’m such an understanding wife) but he is now a member of the Twitter-verse (<—is that a word people use? Am I totally making that up?) so feel free to say hi to @TheRealEffenJay…or just bug him a whole lot. Winking smile

*****

Breakfast this morning is the same exact thing as yesterday.

And I still have four waffles left, so don’t be surprised if you see the same thing for two more days.

Sorry…they’re just that good.

Oh yeah, and as a side note? That whole humbling experience thing yesterday? Holy cow…talk about sooooore muscles this morning. Yikes.

Question for the Morning:

Fill in the blank: One thing I’m looking forward to today is ___________________.

1 Nancy September 27, 2012 at 9:05 am

Man, I need to make chicken parm again soon. I made it once and the chicken was rubbery and undercooked. It was a bad chicken lol… either way, I love the stuff (and haven’t had it since) but I think I should take another stab at it agian….

2 Courtney September 27, 2012 at 9:11 am

YES, definitely give it a try again! It’s too good not to ;)

3 Megan@funsizedfitness September 27, 2012 at 9:05 am

Turbo Kick at the gym this morning! Oh…and shopping for some new workout clothes!
Megan@funsizedfitness recently posted..Halloween Cat Photo Shoot :)

4 Elaine September 27, 2012 at 9:11 am

One thing I’m looking forward to today is…being one day closer to the weekend :)
Elaine recently posted..Chobani Winner (and other Chobani stuff)!

5 Natalie @ Free Range Human September 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

We have early release today so I get to go home at 1!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..Good Eats!

6 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope September 27, 2012 at 9:12 am

I love making baked chicken parm! I’m going to have to try your recipe. It looks great! :)

One thing I’m looking forward to today is spending time with my sister after work. We are on a mission to find pumpkin food items to enjoy!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Survey Says!…

7 Beks September 27, 2012 at 9:15 am

One thing I’m looking forward to today…Project Runway tonight!!

8 Chelsea @ahintofhealthy September 27, 2012 at 9:22 am

Your dinner looks fantastic! I am looking forward to teaching spin today!
Chelsea @ahintofhealthy recently posted..Are you a Calorie Compensator?

9 Khushboo September 27, 2012 at 9:22 am

Haha how long till Jay gets hooked ;)! ONe thing I am looking forward to is a couple of friends coming over for dinner tonite…I’ve been home sick all day so I am more than ready for some entertainment!
Khushboo recently posted..Yummus Hummus Burgers

10 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat September 27, 2012 at 9:29 am

My brother is lifting with me tonight for the first time- so excited!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Tough Mudder Utah 2012

11 Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. September 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

Yay! Mr. Sweet Tooth has joined!

One thing I’m looking forward to today is heading to San Francisco for a UCLA Alumni reunion :)
Divya @ Eat.Teach.Blog. recently posted..Intro to Writing with Details

12 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 27, 2012 at 9:42 am

I can’t wait to pick up a pack of those waffles the next time I’m at Target! They sound so delicious!

One thing I’m looking forward to today: froyo date with my hubby to celebrate our engagement anniversary!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Our Engagement Story

13 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 27, 2012 at 9:44 am

Wow, so much deliciousness going on in this post! ;)

I’m looking forward to a relaxing evening at home tonight. This week has been a busy one, and the hubby has to work late tonight, so I’m going to enjoy some “me time”!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..09/27: Thursday Thoughts

14 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

I’m looking forward too…anniversary Chinese food with my boy tonight. :-D
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Pumpkin Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins.

15 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

. . . . cooking my first winter squash of the season tonight when I get home. Yay!
Michelle @ Eat Move Balance recently posted..Spinach and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms

16 Michelle@Peachy Palate September 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

Lunch! I’m positively starving! :) That apple crisp looks amazing!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Bread turned instant blueberry bake

17 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } September 27, 2012 at 9:52 am

Not teaching tonight! I teach Mon-Wed nights and I am SO Glad they are over for this week!
Erica { EricaDHouse.com } recently posted..Hump Day Surprise

18 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom September 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

I haven’t had breakfast yet and after looking at this food fest, my stomach is screaming at me to feed it. Too bad I don’t have any of those pumpkin spice waffles to put in my belly…..
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..Color In Motion 5K

19 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire September 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

I’m looking forward to some baking tonight! I got the urge to bake cookies last night and just need to find a recipe now! Pinterest, here I come :)
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..No Bacon After Working Out!

20 Renee September 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

My afternoon RUN is what I am looking forward too! We went apple picking this weekend maybe a apple crisp is in order? Thanks for the idea!
Renee recently posted..Weight Workout

21 chelcie @ chelcie's food files September 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

one thing I’m looking forward to today is getting fro yo later! :) too bad you couldn’t convince Jay to make that his twitter name lol but at least he’s on the social media bandwagon now!

22 Steph @ StephSnacks September 27, 2012 at 10:14 am

Can I just say how much I love Jay’s Twitter Handle?? Hysterical!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Gems

23 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine September 27, 2012 at 10:14 am

I LOVE your apple crisp recipe. I need to make it soon, myself.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Tomato Garlic Soup with Cheese Ravioli

24 Jessie September 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

What kind of apples do you recommend using in your apple crisp recipe? It looks delicious!

25 Courtney September 27, 2012 at 10:26 am

I always use Macintosh apples! :)

26 kim@hungryhealthygirl September 27, 2012 at 10:24 am

Yummy eats!! Not as good as Mr. Sweet Tooth, but Jay picked a great name. ;) One thing I’m looking forward to today is a book club get together with friends.
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Thursday Things

27 Rachel September 27, 2012 at 10:27 am

Your dessert looks great!!! And I love his twitter name hahahha
Rachel recently posted..Honey Boo Boo

28 Leigh September 27, 2012 at 10:36 am

Can you tell me how to raost green beans? Were they fresh or frozen? :)

29 Courtney September 27, 2012 at 10:37 am

They were fresh! Last night, we rinsed them, put them on a baking sheet covered with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, drizzled them with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roasted them in a 400-450 degree oven for about 15 minutes. It’s SUPER easy! :)

30 Leigh September 27, 2012 at 10:36 am

***roast

31 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 27, 2012 at 10:38 am

Oh that apple crisp… and you even had to top it with what’s probably my favorite ice cream combination -ever-! I’ll definitely be keeping your recipe in mind for when I go apple picking.

32 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction September 27, 2012 at 11:01 am

One thing I am looking forward to today is LUNCH! I am starving (per usual) haha!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Current Race Calendar

33 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers September 27, 2012 at 11:20 am

Ohhh your HUbby joined Twitter, to cute! My Husband doesn’t even know what Twitter is. lol! All of your foods look mighty delicious!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas

34 Ellie@Fit for the Soul September 27, 2012 at 11:24 am

Yummy food Courtney! I love chicken parm but when they serve it at restaurants, it’s always so heavy and drenched in oil! Yikes, and the tummy aches aren’t always fun, right? haha maybe it’s just me. So homemade is definitely better in this case. And I’m looking forward to spending more time with my mother in law today (since we’re visiting them in kansas) and I think she wants to get a pedicure! I used to hate and avooiiiiiid those things~but then she got me into it and I kind of enjoy it!
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..The Crazy Happenings

35 Meghan @ After the Ivy League September 27, 2012 at 11:46 am

Chicken parm…yum! Haven’t had that in forever, but it’s such a warm comforting meal this time of year. Must fix that. I’m basically dying for that apple crisp. One of my all time favorite desserts!
Meghan @ After the Ivy League recently posted..Pumpkin Crunch Granola

36 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie September 27, 2012 at 11:47 am

Apple crisp is my absolute favorite and now I’m dying…need some!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Overnight Pumpkin Oats

37 Danica @ It's Progression September 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm

One thing I’m looking forward to today is….the one-hour long massage I have tonight! 6:30 cannot come soon enough ;)
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #40: Garbage Bread ‘Recipe’

38 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness September 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm

You are making me want waffles so bad!!!! I am looking forward to spending some time at home today and catching up on everything, I am off from work today :)
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Paleo in Minutes: Creamy Spinach

39 Barbara September 27, 2012 at 12:25 pm

I made YOUR apple crisp the other day – and WHOA – 2 and 1/2 lbs. of apples is a lotta apples – and it makes a large baking dish of apple crisp, so I understand why you said it’s too much for just you and Jay.

It was delish – topped with vanilla ice cream (never thought of the caramel – great idea for next time!)… thank you for a fantastic fall recipe.

40 Courtney September 27, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Ohhh, I’m so glad you liked it! I usually don’t have the patience to peel and slice 2-1/2 pounds of apples, haha…besides, the topping is my favorite part anyways ;)

41 Iris Lee September 27, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Looking forward to grocery shopping! Is that weird? I love going to the store!! :)
Iris Lee recently posted..Stair Sandwich and Roasted Pear Coconut Meringue Tarts

42 Molly Ritterbeck September 27, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Cuddling with my kids on the couch after work!
Molly Ritterbeck recently posted..This Has Been Me…

43 Annette@FitnessPerks September 27, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Oooh chicken parm sounds awesome!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Slow & Fast-Twitch Muscle Fibers

44 Lauren September 27, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Hahah Toly just joined Twitter too! It’s hilarious. He doesn’t even have a pic yet but he insists of speaking in twitter terms all the time. At dinner last night, he said “hastag delicious.” I about died. ;)
Lauren recently posted..Coffee Sex Talk: Dads Degrading Women

45 Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats September 27, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Been one of those days so I’m saying….getting the kids to bed….and relaxing with a book later tonight.

And I’ll eat chicken parm anyday of my life, one of my favorite meals:)
Ally’s Sweet & Savory Eats recently posted..Ultimate Chocolate Toffee Bars

46 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige September 27, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Ummm, YUM! Can I come to your next dinner party? :) :)
Love me some apple crisp…I have like…3 lb’s from my CSA batches lately – perhaps I’ll have to cook up a batch!
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..Magazine Worthy Thoughts {Thoughts on That Thursday}

47 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake September 27, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I saw that apple crisp on Instagram last night and started drooling!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 29

48 Shannon September 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I really, really, really want your dinner from last night. The picture of your plate has my mouth drooling! :( My dinner last night was delicious- you can’t beat honey chicken with mashed potatoes and fresh sliced tomatoes on the side.

One thing I’m looking forward to today is the season premiere of Scandal on ABC tonight at 10 p.m. I’m dying to figure out who Quinn Perkins really is!

49 Bek @ Crave September 27, 2012 at 9:28 pm

One thing I’m looking forward to today is blogging and reading blogs!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Lorna Jane Skort

50 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More September 28, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Is it bad that when I saw the title of this post I assumed it was that Jay finally came around to Twitter? haha! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Achievements!