He Finally Caved

Woahhhh, baby. Was there lots of good food in my house last night!

Jay and I had our buds Joe & Kate over last night for dinner and when it came time to decide what was going to be on the menu, chicken parm just called to me. So I took out a container of homemade sauce from the freezer, cooked up a batch of my healthy baked chicken parm, and added in some whole wheat spaghetti.

(this tends to be a favorite meal of ours when Joe and Kate come over, obviously)

To make sure we had a little veggie action, Kate took care of roasting up some delicious green beans with parmesan cheese.

Yes, it was a feast, indeed!

I enjoyed a little bit of everything and had no problem-o clearing my plate.

Put Italian food in front of me and I. am. done.

Shortly after dinner, there was dessert to be had…

I’ve been dying to make a batch of my favorite apple crisp for the past couple of weeks; I bought a bag of apples at the store on Monday, but didn’t want to make it just for Jay and I (because I know we’d have no problem demolishing the whole thing ourselves in a matter of days). When I found out J&K were coming, I had no more excuses.

Topped with a little French Vanilla ice cream + caramel? Ohh, it was heavenly.

The four of us spent the whole evening eating, catching up, laughing (as always), and watching the season premieres of The Middle and Modern Family. But MOST importantly…

Do you guys remember over the summer when we were trying to convince Jay to join the land of Twitter? Well last night, he finally caved!

jay twitter

Unfortunately, I couldn’t convince him to go with @MrSweetTooth (he’s lucky I’m such an understanding wife) but he is now a member of the Twitter-verse (<—is that a word people use? Am I totally making that up?) so feel free to say hi to @TheRealEffenJay…or just bug him a whole lot. Winking smile

*****

Breakfast this morning is the same exact thing as yesterday.

And I still have four waffles left, so don’t be surprised if you see the same thing for two more days.

Sorry…they’re just that good.

Oh yeah, and as a side note? That whole humbling experience thing yesterday? Holy cow…talk about sooooore muscles this morning. Yikes.

Question for the Morning:

Fill in the blank: One thing I’m looking forward to today is ___________________.

Comments

Man, I need to make chicken parm again soon. I made it once and the chicken was rubbery and undercooked. It was a bad chicken lol… either way, I love the stuff (and haven’t had it since) but I think I should take another stab at it agian….

• Courtney says

They were fresh! Last night, we rinsed them, put them on a baking sheet covered with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, drizzled them with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roasted them in a 400-450 degree oven for about 15 minutes. It’s SUPER easy! :)

Yummy food Courtney! I love chicken parm but when they serve it at restaurants, it’s always so heavy and drenched in oil! Yikes, and the tummy aches aren’t always fun, right? haha maybe it’s just me. So homemade is definitely better in this case. And I’m looking forward to spending more time with my mother in law today (since we’re visiting them in kansas) and I think she wants to get a pedicure! I used to hate and avooiiiiiid those things~but then she got me into it and I kind of enjoy it!
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..The Crazy Happenings

3. Barbara says

I made YOUR apple crisp the other day – and WHOA – 2 and 1/2 lbs. of apples is a lotta apples – and it makes a large baking dish of apple crisp, so I understand why you said it’s too much for just you and Jay.

It was delish – topped with vanilla ice cream (never thought of the caramel – great idea for next time!)… thank you for a fantastic fall recipe.

• Courtney says

Ohhh, I’m so glad you liked it! I usually don’t have the patience to peel and slice 2-1/2 pounds of apples, haha…besides, the topping is my favorite part anyways 😉

4. Shannon says

I really, really, really want your dinner from last night. The picture of your plate has my mouth drooling! :( My dinner last night was delicious- you can’t beat honey chicken with mashed potatoes and fresh sliced tomatoes on the side.

One thing I’m looking forward to today is the season premiere of Scandal on ABC tonight at 10 p.m. I’m dying to figure out who Quinn Perkins really is!