Get In On This Challenge!

Hey, friends! How was your weekend? Fun-filled, I hope! Here’s what was happening around here…

But really, I’ve got other things to talk about this morning. Fun things.

So we did this back in June. But now, I’m bringin’ it back again…

october yoga challenge

It’s the return of the Yoga Challenge, baby!

Admittedly, I really fell off the yoga bandwagon last month; I think I was lucky if I got in maybe 4 sessions total? And I always kick myself for it because I really do feel so awesome when I do it consistently.

So now, with the start of a new month (and a recently purchased Groupon deal for 5 yoga classes at a local studio) I’m once again taking the challenge to, once again, incorporate more yoga into my life…and I hope that you’ll all join me!

If you do, I even made you this fun, festive button to add to your blog, too.

Grab button for Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life

Can you tell I love all things fall/Halloween/October? Winking smile

This time around, I’m keeping things the same as they were in June, so here’s what we’ve got on tap…

So…What’s the Challenge?

• For me, I’m challenging myself to incorporate three sessions of a yoga a week into my workout routine. The length of sessions doesn’t matter – 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 10 minutes – as long as I do three sessions.
  • If you want to join in on the challenge but you think three sessions would be too much (or too little!) then you can create your own yoga challenge.
    • Maybe you want to master a new pose?
    • Maybe you want to finally try out that hot yoga studio down the street?
    • Maybe this is going to be your first-ever attempt at down dog?
    • It’s totally up to you!

What if I don’t have any yoga equipment/studios/DVD’s?

How will I check in? (dates have been edited*)

• On Mondays, I’m going to do a recap post of how the week went for myself (did I get all 3 sessions in, how am I feeling, etc…) and I would encourage you to do the same. I will have a link-up (similar to WIAW) where you’ll be able to link your own recap post, so this way we can all help cheer each other on! Our first one will be Monday, October 8th.
  • If you don’t have a blog, but still want to include a recap, email me with a small snippet by Sunday at 5pm (sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com) and I’ll include it in my own post.
  • You can tweet and/or Instagram about the challenge using the hashtag #myyogachallenge. This way, we can all follow along throughout the month (and use it for encouragement when we may need it!)

I think I’m looking forward to this challenge even more than I was the first challenge, and I’m reeeeeally hoping that you guys will get psyched about it too. If there’s any other questions, or anything I missed, feel free to ask.

So now…who’s going to take the October Yoga Challenge?!?

My very favorite yoga DVD’s of all time are the MTV yoga series with Kristin McGee — I’ve tried a LOT of yoga DVD’s, but those two I could do again and again.

I’m so in on this! I’ve noticed some serious tightness in my back/legs this month from all the half-marathon training and not enough stretching. I could use this challenge before my race next month!
    Kristy @Kristy’s Health Revolution recently posted..Sip Wine Bar, Huntington, WV

2. Bethany says

I’m TERRIBLE about following through with yoga. We’ve been doing yoga as part of (most of) our warm-up for modern class – does that count towards my sessions if I do the challenge?

3. Kristin says

I’m definitely in! I did it with you a few months back and loved it. Lucky for me, my job offers yoga once a week during lunch :-) That means 2 other sessions on my own. I can do this!

What a great idea! I started taking yoga and pilates classes about a year ago. I honestly look forward to it each week. It’s a very different workout, but I leave feeling very calm and invigorated. October is a crazy busy month for me, but I will try to push myself to attend a few more classes if my schedule allows it :)
    Elaine recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Buttercream

5. Karleen says

I want to do this so bad! I don’t have a blog but I will check in with you guys every Friday as well. It’s ridiculous how much I dislike stretching and yoga when it should be something that I should be taking seriously. My body is so tight and I workout and still play sports so I feel as though sometimes my hamstrings are so tight that they’re going to pop! Not a good feeling to be having at all. So I’m in:)

I am thinking this may be a great challenge for me.. :) I find that as much as I love yoga and how it makes my body feel, I struggle with fitting in the time for it during my day. I think sometimes I assume I can do cardio and strength training much faster than an hour of yoga could be. I need to remind myself a yoga session doesn’t have to be long! 10 or 20 minutes of yoga a week can definitely add up too!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Lemon-Butter Salmon

7. Becky Przy says

I don’t have a blog, but I will be doing the yoga challenge! I am excited because I also get to hear Chris Freytag speak this weekend:-)

I’m game. I just restarted Jamie Eason’s LiveFit trainer, and the first month is all weight training. I know I’m going to need something to stretch out my body afterward. Also, my mom wants to start doing some yoga, so maybe I can get her to join me!
    Beks recently posted..Starting over.

9. Luvena says

Awesome challenge!! I have been toying with the idea of taking up yoga but I don’t my gym only has classed during the hours I am at work. So THANK YOU for the DVD recommendations.

10. Beth M says

I am so in. I have also slacked a bit in the past couple months on yoga, even though I know that when I do it I feel better! For yoga newbies, or anyone else really, I recommend doing some of Tara Stiles videos on youtube, or she has a couple of DVD’s out there too. Good luck everyone :)

Definitely in! I’m going to try and do yoga on Sunday afternoons all month and also to incorporate at least one other session into my week!

I’d love to add the button to my blog, but I just launched mine so I don’t exactly know how! Can anyone help? I’m a newbie :)
    Julia recently posted..Crockpot Southwest Chicken

• Courtney says

Hey Julia! If you go into your WordPress dashboard, you’ll probably see a tab along the left that says ‘appearance.’ When you scroll over that, you should see “widgets” as an option – click on that. Once you’re there, you should see various boxes to add to your sidebars. Choose a “text” box, copy and paste the code from my blog directly, and you should be all set!

This will be a super-stressful month for me in the school department, so I already know I am definitely going to be needing some relaxation. I am going to take the challenge and challenge myself to incorporate yoga into my workout schedule at least 2 x per week!
    Hannah recently posted..Vegetarian Awareness Month Challenge

13. Jillian says

Im in! My challange is to try yoga for the first time. I need 10 hours of personal wellness for a class and this is going to be it. So I need 10 hours by the end of the month.

14. Lynn says

Other than 10 pound slim down any 20 minute DVD recommendations? I think I have to start shorter and work up to a longer workout, but I think incorporating yoga would do wonder for my hip flexors!

15. Libby says

Fun! I run alot and do pilates 3-4 times a week. I have always wanted to give yoga a try. I think I will start off with doing a session on Friday evenings, kick off the weekend right and might help my long runs on Saturday mornings! I might need some new yoga pants though;)

Oh my… I really don’t have time for this but I’m SO IN! I wanna do more yoga and my challenge will be to incorporate yoga into my daily routine so it will cost me the least amount of time for optimal benefits 😀 I want to stretch my muscles more, I’m working out 4 or 5 times a week but I don’t stretch enough.. yoga could really help me with this! Happy October! Love, Leanne
    Leanne recently posted..Recipe for Berry-Lemon Protein Squares (protein bars) high protein, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free

Awesome! I’m not much of a yoga fanatic but really should partake for the stretching and mental benefits- however I feel if I did I just wouldn’t commit to it enough. Maybe when I’m on uni break and if you have another :) I’ll definitely be here encouraging haha
    Bek @ Crave recently posted..There’s strength in numbers

Hi! I love this – I’d like to try this! I do yoga almost everyday but I’d like to challenge myself to master some moves: king pigeon (both legs), and maybe another move or two! Can’t wait to get started.

• Courtney says

Hmmmm, yes it usually is copy and paste, but you would have to add it as a text widget. Did you try it that way?

1. […] thing. I’ve never been great with the whole monthly goals thing (although, if we’re gonna call my Yoga Challenge a goal then I guess I’m lying) or bucket lists. Or even yearly goals, for that matter; I did end […]