Where It’s At

by Courtney on October 3, 2012

Soooo I never made it to Trader Joe’s today.

If we’re being honest, I just couldn’t bare to leave this little guy.

We were busy playing fetch.

But if we’re being really honest, I just didn’t feel like changing out of my cozy, ugly sweats and making myself look presentable.

Hey, there’s always tomorrow.

But you know what I DID do? I had breakfast for dinner.

Turkey bacon, toast with butter and jam, and a veggie scramble made with 1 egg + 2 egg whites, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and feta cheese.

And let me tell you…

This meal was incredible. Breakfast for dinner is where it’s at, my friends.

And with that, I’m about ready to go check out tonight’s new episode of The Middle. Gotta love good ‘ol Sue Heck. Winking smile

1 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom October 3, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Turkey bacon and toast with jelly sounds divine to me right now!!! I seriously LOVE breakfast for dinner and would eat it every night if my family were okay with it. Actually, I bet they would be…..I should talk to them about that :-)!!
Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #16

2 Haley October 3, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Ooooh yum! I have been CRAVING turkey bacon!!

3 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 3, 2012 at 8:20 pm

That’s why you just say “Who cares?” and go to the store IN your sweats :)
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..WIAW or My Ode to Whole Foods

4 Courtney October 3, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Oh don’t get me wrong…me, stores, and my sweats are no strangers! Today’s, however, we’re bleach stained and super scrubby. Gotta at least have some standards haha ;-)

5 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 3, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I love breakfast for dinner. Definitely a favorite of mine! And I know I sure have my days that I don’t want to change out of my sweats so I won’t go run errands. It’s a good thing I have to leave the house for work on occasion or I may never leave sweats. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..WIAW / Zucchini Protein Muffin Recipe

6 Jessica October 3, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Love breakfast for dinner! We had it last night. French toast, bacon, and fruit! It was delish! Can’t wait to watch the middle and modern family on DVR later. We are watching the Avengers at the moment!

7 Christine October 3, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I love The Middle! I don’t really know anyone else that watches it (besides you now)?!!? but it’s so funny =)

8 Lauren October 3, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Yay, LOVE BFD! We haven’t done it in ages but I think it just might have to happen this week. :)
Lauren recently posted..Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

9 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 3, 2012 at 8:39 pm

You were supposed to get out of the house!!! I ordered you!!!

10 Courtney October 3, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I knowwwwwwww…I will be OUT tomorrow!

11 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 3, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I love breakfast dinner and even though I had a very tasty breakfast; I’m now jealous. ;) There’s always tomorrow night!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..microwave muffin & WIAW

12 Kierston October 3, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I love breakfast for dinner! That’s what I did tonight :)

Ur breaky looks yummeeeeh!
Kierston recently posted..WIAW: Fitness Competitor Friendly Potluck!

13 Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat October 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm

LOVE breakfast for dinner!!! at least you were healthy about it, mine usually end up being french toast or pancakes lol oh well, breafast for dinner is always healthy right :)
Chelsea @ GlitterAndSweat recently posted..Love at Last

14 Nelly October 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I made breakfast for dinner too and made a whole post about breakfast! Love me some eggs and toast!

15 Lyric @ Cheap Budget Expensive Beauty October 3, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Your egg scrambles always look 100x better than mine… Ps. Do you watch Grey’s Anatomy?
Lyric @ Cheap Budget Expensive Beauty recently posted..Overnight waves (No heat!)

16 Courtney October 3, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I just sort of started this year…I watched last season’s finale and decided to start watching this year. I only have a slight idea of what’s going on though, haha. Why do you ask?

17 Kara October 3, 2012 at 10:09 pm

okay if it weren’t for the jelly on the toast I would have sworn you snuck into my house and took a picture of my dinner! brinner for the win

18 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 3, 2012 at 10:18 pm

It was a breakfast for dinner night for me as well :) And I can’t even tell you how many times I haven’t wanted to change out of my comfy sweats and hoodies to head out to the store… especially now that it’s getting colder and darker earlier – staying at home is just so much more cozy.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … is it time to eat? .

19 michelle kim October 3, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Yum! Breakfast for dinner is awesome!
And I looooove how Cody is laying on his back :D
michelle kim recently posted..Grossed Out by My Own Painting

20 @pluvk October 3, 2012 at 10:31 pm

That is the cutest thing I’ve seen all day!! I would stay home, too. ;-)

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 3, 2012 at 10:51 pm

It has been way too long since I had breakfast for dinner – Imma need to get on that soon. :-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW # 3–Upping My Protein.

22 Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. October 4, 2012 at 12:13 am

I’m totally crushing on Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter and pumpkin ale right now. I had to refrain from buying 1 of every pumpkin goody that I came across while I was there today!
Amanda @Live. Laugh. Learn. recently posted..Orange Skirt: Round 2

23 Khushboo Thadani October 4, 2012 at 12:22 am

I once went to the grocery store in my pjs….classy or what ;)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..A golden run

24 Michelle@Peachy Palate October 4, 2012 at 2:49 am

I’d have pancakes for breakfast lunch and dinner if I had the time! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..The joys of new ingredients

25 Miz October 4, 2012 at 5:36 am

I LOVE US.
we do breakfast for breakfast lunch and dinner.
sometimes all in the same day :)
Miz recently posted..THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

26 Libby October 4, 2012 at 6:08 am

That is one stinking cute kitty! I love him! and btw, why does your turkey bacon look so good?? Mine never looks that good!

27 Courtney October 4, 2012 at 6:59 am

I use a lot of cooking spray in the pan to make it crisp up :)

28 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 4, 2012 at 7:12 am

I love breakfast for dinner! It’s definitely become a staple in my home. It’s so easy on nights when you don’t know what to make and you don’t feel like cooking something elaborate :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Pumpkin Galore At Aldi!!…

29 Life's a Bowl October 4, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Breakfast for dinner is my go-to! Feeling lazy… breakfast! Hungry and in a hurry… breakfast! Don’t know what to eat… breakfast! Sweet + savory is my fave combo and breakfast fits the bill everyyy time :)
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Instant Art: Healthy Eats & Tasty Treats

30 Bek @ Crave October 5, 2012 at 12:49 am

I haven’t had breakfast for dinner in ages! I’ve had breakfast for lunch recently though- ahh there’s just something about having breakfast at different meal times that makes it so good ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Body Balance 58