The Amount of Pumpkin In This Post Is Ridiculous

Mannnn, it is a gloomy day out there today.

(Notice the closed up pool, changing leaves, and leaves in the yard…fall is definitely here!) Luckily, the rain didn’t really start up until after I got home this afternoon, which was much appreciated.

After a quick stop at the post office to mail out some LOVE to the lucky giveaway winners, I made the trip on over to Trader Joe’s. I didn’t really have much of a list of things that I knew I wanted, buuuuuut I managed to pick up quite a few goodies of the pumpkin variety. Winking smile

Canned pumpkin, pumpkin soup, pumpkin butter, pumpkin spice chai tea latte mix, and the two non-pumpkin items…tortilla chips and cat cookies. Because I’m obsessed with those too.

I’m pretty pumped about my purchases; especially the pumpkin soup and pumpkin spice chai latte mix, since I’ve never tried those before. You can expect to see some updates on those soon, I’m sure.

On my way back home I made a quick pit stop…

Not only did I have a $1.00 off coupon from my last trip, but I also had a gift card so this glorious pumpkin spice latte was a freebie. Scooooore.

I don’t really have much to report on on the food front, since I’ve pretty much been snacking my way through the afternoon. One thing I did manage to snap a pic of though was my banana bites with peanut butter.

Super good.

I also got my bake on this afternoon, too…

And if you guessed that their pumpkin, well then you’re most definitely right. Winking smile

I’m bringing them over for a dinner date later tonight with some pals, so if I get some good feedback, I’ll be sure to share with ya ASAP.

Good lord, the amount of pumpkin in this post is ridiculous…

Comments

1. heather says

after my trip to the gym last friday i had to make a stop at trader joes to get my better-n-peanut butter that i love and was out of. as i should already know, never go to a grocery store when hungry and after just busting your butt in the gym! i bought the chocolate cat cookies and they were AWESOME!!!!!!!! never had the regular ones.. i am imagining they are just as awesome?!? i did see their pumpkin food item displays all over the store too! : ) let me know how it all is.

I must share this with you. I am just as obsessed with pumpkin as u abd I go to starbucks embarassingly often. Its like my own cheers. They dont even have to ask me what I want. Haha but anyway. Next time u go. Order a grande Misto with 3 pumps pumpkin sauce and nonfat milk. Tastes identical to the latte. Its the same thing but with coffee instead of espresso. Reason I do this? Its about 1.65 cheaper and for someone that loves my pumpkin drink atleast 3 times a week. It helps. I usually get pike place coffee but today I got bold and its good as well. Just had to share with u so u can save moolah!! I also ask then to sprinkle the pumpkin spice on top and they always happily oblige:)

3. Danielle says

I just had that same TJ’s pumpkin soup for lunch today! It’s delicious. I also love a scoop of TJ’s pumpkin butter with a sprinkle of cinnamon in my morning oatmeal.

4. Haley S says

OHH my word. I LOVE this post! (: Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin!! My favorite!! I can’t wait to hear about the new foods! I will most likely be purchasing if the reviews are good! Same with the cookies!(;

um, clearly I need to get my butt to trader joe’s asap!!! I haven’t been in almost a week and I have a feeling they’ve got some of that new pumpkin stuff in now! And my best friend loooooves Cat Cookies. I wish they were gluten free!

• Courtney says

I thought of you as I was checking out because I remember seeing your picture last week ;)
      I tried finding the pumpkin yogurt, but it didn’t even look like there was a space for it at our store?!? Ahh well…next time!

I just stopped at Trader Joe’s tonight after work and also got a jar of the pumpkin butter. I put a little on a slice of zucchini bread when I got home and it was delicious! Love that it’s not too sweet…I’m thinking it’d be great mixed with almond or peanut butter too. Tis the season! :)
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #41 and a Challenge Update

• Courtney says

Hmmm…I’d say their sort of a mix of an animal cracker/shortbread cookie. They’re sweeter than traditional animal crackers.
      AKA, they’re awesome ;)

Pumpkin is probably the greatest food in the world…or at least it is this month! I bought pumpkin chai tea and it is so good with some heated almond milk and a little stevia and vanilla extract too! Oh man, I’ve been drinking it every night!
    Lisa recently posted..Gratitude + Coconoats