Another Honeymoon Invasion!

Oh man…last night was so much fun on sooooo many levels.

Jay and I headed over to Sarah & Jeff’s for a little family dinner party yesterday evening. We were joined by Brian & Mal, and the just-back-from-their-honeymoon-and-super-tan-newlyweds, Denise & Mike. Yes, I’m jealous.

Sarah put out a phenomenal spread of food for all of us.

Spinach salad + breadsticks

And homemade shrimp scampi. Sarah asked me earlier in the week what she should make, and after reading her list of choices, I had to pick the scampi. For some reason, this just isn’t a dish that I usually think to prepare at home, so it was nice for a change.

After tasting Sarah’s though, I may just have to start making it at home. SO good!

Shortly after dinner, I brought out my pumpkin cookies for dessert.

From what I hear, the general consensus was that they were yumm-o, so I’ll work on putting together that recipe for you all later today. I will warn you though…they’re almost more like mini cake puffs than cookies. So if you’re down with that, then you’re good to go.

Our group of 8 spent at least a couple hours just sitting at the dining room table, chatting, laughing (of course), and discussing a few different things.

You may remember that Brian and Mal are getting married this February. Well, shortly after the wedding, their planning a fun honeymoon down in Mexico, at the same resort we stayed at earlier this year. Well, we all got to talking about how much fun it would be if we all went down together again.

Then we started perusing the website…

And then, a couple of hours later, this happened…

reservation

YUP! That’s right…it’s another group honeymoon invasion in Mexicoooooo!

The honeymooners will get a few days to themselves, but then, the rest of our original crew from last year, PLUS Denise and Mike, and heading down to join in on the fun.

Words just cannot describe how excited I am to have 10 of us traveling together, again, on vacation. We’re going straight back to the same resort we went to earlier this year, the Valentin Imperial Maya (you can read my resort recaps HERE and HERE), and we are all super pumped.

Big ‘ol pool, sunshine, and swim-up bar…here weeeee come!

******

So there’s really no good way to transition from sharing exciting vacation plans to a plain old English muffin for breakfast, now is there?

Oh well…it may not be super exciting, but it was delicious AND pumpkin-filled. Pumpkin spice English muffin, peanut butter, pumpkin butter, banana slices, chia seeds.

I also, apparently, couldn’t measure out water this morning for coffee and I got stuck with half a mug.

Woops. Winking smile

Happy Friiiiiiiday, friends! Hope everyone’s off to a super start!

Questions for the Morning:

Have you ever traveled with a big group on vacation?

If you could travel anywhere for a week in 2013, where would you go?

Comments

The trip to Mexico sounds awesome! The past few years a huge group of us have gone to Punta Cana for two different weddings. It’s so fun to make a vacation out of something that is a celebration anyway! I would already have a “countdown” going ;)
    Katie @ KatieEnPursuit recently posted..Tuna & Tabata’s

2. Traci says

Ahh so exciting you get to go back! I checked out that hotel after the last time you went, and it’s on my list of places to go. A vacation sounds so nice right about now… That’s funny you guys are “crashing” their honeymoon – I don’t think I would personally ever have friends come down during my honeymoon some day (well, it’s something I never considered), but I can see the appeal of celebrating with a group after having a couple of days alone. :)

3. Lisa says

I so need a vacation right now, but I can’t get away from work. Boo.
    I love shrimp. How was the shrimp scampi made? Looks better than how I make mine. LOL.

• Courtney says

Hahaha…actually, Jay, Sarah, Denise, and Brian are all cousins.
      We’re just VERY lucky that we’ve all grown so close. We often forget we’re all family because we’re just so close.
      P.S. – gchat today??? :)

What a fun night! and that is freakin’ awesome you all are going on that trip! kind of jealous…hehe. Loving all the eats, too.. my mom makes the best shrimp scampi in tons of oil and butter :)

I have no trips planned, but about 3442432423 weddings. I am in 2 of them. AH! Maybe i’ll be planning my own in 2013?! hehe ;)
    Eva @ Committed2Nutrition recently posted..WIAW – Crock Pot Chicken my way

So many places on my list – Prague, Australia, Italy, Hawaii…and more.

I love exploring and staying active during a vacation. Because of that I’ve always found it difficult to travel with a group. But I’m sure that’s only because I haven’t found the right group.

That looks like a beautiful resort! I’m jealous of your group vaca.
    Maria recently posted..Don’t Love It? Don’t Do It.

6. Kathryn says

Never traveled in a big group anywhere, though I see how it could be really fun.

If I could go anywhere in 2013, I’d want a week long trip to California with my husband and kids. We’d do Disneyland, California Adventures, and then maybe spend a few days in San Diego. Disneyland/California Adventures may happen, but it certainly won’t be a week long trip. I’m jealous of your trip!

So jealous!!!! Group vacations are awesome! I went to Aruba in May with my whole family, it was a blast! I’m hoping to go back again soon!

In 2013 I would love to go ANYWHERE! But I really want to visit France…Don’t think it will happen in 2013 but hopefully sometime soon :)
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..September Recaps

Sounds awesome! I used to take huge family vacations (we’re talking aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents). Traveling with friends sounds a little more fun! I have vacation plans to ski for a week in Colorado, visit Chicago for a few days, and hike for a week in 2013. So excited!
    Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..The Accidental Tourist

Oh what I wouldn’t give to be in Mexico right now, as temperatures hover around freezing here at home. Brr. I’ve never travelled in a big group before, but I can imagine that it would be super fun. One place I really want to visit is Greece, and I’m hoping to make it happen in 2013!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... eat your veggies? .

10. Sarah says

I haven’t travelled in a big group, but definitely in smaller groups. We have been to that resort – the Valentin – 3 TIMES (!). We met a great couple there on our second trip, and returned there with them last year. It was an awesome week! Don’t think it’s in the budget for this year, but I LOVE that place! Have an amazing time!

That looks like SO much fun! The only big group I have ever traveled with is my family, other than large group trips to the beach for a couple of days with all of my girlfriends from college and our boyfriends. I am very interested in planning a fun vacation for the bf and I next year though, so I may be calling on you for some help because your vacation recaps look so fun!!
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Just a Little Bump in the Road

What a fun idea!! We just went to the same resort for our honeymoon in July! We cannot wait for our anniversary trip back next summer! Aren’t the guys that do the pool games hilarious?! My hubby’s nickname was “froto” :-)

What a fun trip!!! I would love to travel with a group of my friends :) Brian and I just booked our Honeymoon in Cinque Terre, Italy…can’t wait!!

14. Shannon says

I only go on vacation with my family which is 6 people total. But I did go to Cape Cod with my Girl Scout troop for a weekend to earn a badge. It was…different. I probably wouldn’t do it ever again though.

Italy- I’ve wanted to go there since the 2nd grade!

I love group vacations every once in awhile…but I feel like I prefer smaller more intimate getaways more.
    You guys are so gorgeous! How old were you when you got married? I feel like all my friends are getting engaged!
    Floey recently posted..The Wordless Year

• says

Oh, and Playa del Carmen is where I ALWAYS want to spend a week of vacation. I do so just about every year. :) We usually travel in groups as well, even for our honeymoon. It’s nice to have some alone time & time to meet people from all over the world, but it’s also nice to hang out with friends from home when you’re in such a beautiful place!
      Trisha recently posted..No, Seriously. OMG.

16. Alexandra says

We are going to Valentin! Completely out of coincidence! I was so glad to see your reviews of the resort – make me feel so good about our decision to go there. Do you have any tips to make our trip better? safer? Did you arrange transporation from the airport to the hotel ahead of time? Thanks! LOVE your blog!

• Courtney says

You’re going to LOVE it there! We did arrange transportation through Cheap Carribbean, and it was really nice to have that all prearranged and not have to worry about it. I would definitely recommend looking into that. Other than that, we really just stayed on the resort, which is absolutely safe! If you’re interested in doing excursions, there are companies who are set up right at the resort when you arrive who can help you arrange something. They make it VERY easy to do! Have fun!! :)

Trackbacks