Frosted Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake Cookies

by Courtney on October 5, 2012

Wasssssuuuuuup?

I’m sure most of you probably have your eyes peeled for a recipe after reading that post title.

Don’t worry, I promise it’s down below here. Just a couple quick things to share first.

Like today’s lunch. Another incredible wrap happened today, thanks to…

• A whole wheat, low-carb LaTortilla Factory wrap
  • lots of avocado
  • fresh spinach
  • leftover roasted tomatoes (which I just realized I never even shared with you from Monday)
  • provolone cheese
  • turkey bacon

It was one of those days where it was exactly what I was looking for. Gotta love that!

I finished up the rest of my bag of baby carrots with some hummus at lunch today…good news, there was only one dud out of the seven that were left. Winking smile

Why I ever decided to leave seven baby carrots in the bag is beyond me.

Before lunch happened, I also managed to get in a solid, hour-long walk on the treadmill this morning…complete with cheesy smiling Instagram pics and all.

I had to test out my new Reebok #getafterit t-shirt that was sent to me earlier this week (thanks, guys!). I’d been eyeballing them ever since HLS when I saw a bunch of the employees wearing them, so I was pretty psyched to have my own.

In case you’re interested, they’re available for sale online for both women AND men…

Super comfy – perfect for a workout or just lounging around the house. Smile

*****

Now, what I’m sure many of you are looking for…cookieeeeeeeees.

Well over a year ago, a friend of mine sent over a recipe that he found from somewhere for pumpkin cookies. I’d kept it in my email inbox all this time, and just never got around to making them until yesterday.

I know, I’m as shocked as you are.

I didn’t follow everything in the recipe, but I did use it as a great guide to create my own little variation. Rather than making the maple glaze that it called for, I decided that they’d be even better with a generous spread of my Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.

Plus a few extra sprinkles, of course. Winking smile

The cookies come out super soft and are actually even more like a puffy cake than a cookie. But, you know…they were baked on a cookie sheet, so they’re still cookies in my book.

frosted pumpkin chocolate chip cake cookies

*****

Happy Friday, friends! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Smile

1 Ansley October 5, 2012 at 2:58 pm

These look awesome! I will have to make this to take to my tailgate during football games!

2 Natalie @ Free Range Human October 5, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Looks great! I’m finding all kinds of great things to bake this weekend!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..The Accidental Tourist

3 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries October 5, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Yummo!!! I am always perplexed as to what to do about pumpkin baked goods in our house… Cody doesn’t like pumpkin (what the heck is wrong with him?!), so I’m left with it all to myself so I usually stay away from making too many unhealthy pumpkin goodies. BUT I’m thinking these cookies need to make an appearance pretty darn soon regardless. The baby will help me eat them, right?! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Friday Food Favorites

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 5, 2012 at 3:08 pm

These cookies look great! I love the fact that they are more cake like. I think I’d love them. Must try making them for sure :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Pumpkin Ravioli with Butternut Squash Sauce!…

5 Katie @ running4cupcakes October 5, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Love that @reebok shirt…super cute! Can I ask how you got hooked up with their brand????
Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted..Foodie Pen Pal–September II

6 Courtney October 5, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Sure! It was actually through FitFluential :)

7 Katie October 5, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Sweet! Thanks. :)

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 5, 2012 at 3:14 pm

YUM! Those look delicious!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday & the Yoga Challenge

9 Courtney F. October 5, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Oy. Vey. Going to need to make these!!
Courtney F. recently posted..Busy day prepping for wedding weekend

10 Ciara October 5, 2012 at 3:28 pm

What kind of turkey bacon do you use? It always looks so good!

11 Brittany @ Barr & Table October 5, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I got one of those Reebok shirts from FitBloggin and LOVE it! It’s so comfy :)
Brittany @ Barr & Table recently posted..Foodie Friday: A Sarah Fit Breakfast

12 Lisa October 5, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Oh man, these look awesome!! Especially with the frosting.
Lisa recently posted..Gratitude + Coconoats

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake October 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Yum! These remind me of the Lofthouse cookies you can get at the grocery store… those things are dangerous!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..The Easiest Crock Pot Roast Ever

14 Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness October 5, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Those cookies sound amazing! I loved the @reebok shirt at HLS too so excited I can get one of my own now!
Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness recently posted..Paleo in Minutes: Antioxidant Packed “Ice Cream”

15 kim@hungryhealthygirl October 5, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Yum! Love the Chobani addition!
kim@hungryhealthygirl recently posted..Friday Favorite- Veggie Stuffed Sweet Potato

16 Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails October 5, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I can’t wait to give these a shot! They look tasty and I have a feeling that they will make the house smell amazing! I need some fall scents while I continue our Halloween decorating!
Chelsea @ Cardio and Cocktails recently posted..Warm Breakfast on a Chilly Morning

17 Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 5, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I actually really enjoy cakey cookies, so these sound fantastic! It’s Thanksgiving weekend for us up here in Canada, so I’ll definitely be keeping these in mind when picking what dessert I want to bring!
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... eat your veggies? .

18 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Definitely pinned. And clearly, the sprinkles just make them that much better :-p
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Justice and Social Media.

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated October 5, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Yum!! I love pumpkin season. I have a can of pumpkin just waiting to be used in my pantry!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..What I ate my first trimester …

20 Katie October 5, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I’m so obsessed with cookies. I make them all the time and love finding new recipes. These look so good! Definitely going to try them.
Katie recently posted..20 Ways to Speed Muscle Recovery

21 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family October 5, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Very festive! I am obsessed with all things pumpkin
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Breakfast Pumpkin Bread

22 Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy October 5, 2012 at 9:36 pm

i don’t know which looks better…the wrap or the cookies! yuum!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy recently posted..Silky Broccoli Pasta Sauce! GF, V, MD!

23 Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset October 5, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Frosted pumpkin chocolate chip cake cookies!!?? You’re killing me!!! Too much delicious-ness!
Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset recently posted..Goals, glorious goals…

24 Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut October 6, 2012 at 12:01 am

This is funny about the “cake cookies” because I tried to make banana cookies and they turned out more like muffins…so I called them muffin top cookies. ;)

That frosting sounds AMAZING!
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Banana Spiced Muffin Top Cookies

25 Khushboo October 6, 2012 at 12:11 am

I love cookies but cake puffs seem pretty good on my books…consider them flattened cupcakes :)
Khushboo recently posted..Important Questions

26 Floey October 6, 2012 at 6:29 am

Those look amazing, but the only thing is so many ppl I know don’t like things that are “overly sweet”. Maybe if I left off the frosting…?
Floey recently posted..The Wordless Year

27 char eats greens October 6, 2012 at 7:18 am

These cookies look too good. I think anything with frosting is just dreamy. In fact, everything should have frosting on it! haha
char eats greens recently posted..baby: 34 weeks

28 Danielle October 6, 2012 at 7:40 am

those cookies look delicious! love your new reebok gear!
Danielle recently posted..The Rumors are True!

29 heidi kokborg October 6, 2012 at 9:22 am

Oh my! Those cookies look yummy! I have to make them – they look so pretty with the pink frosting! :)
heidi kokborg recently posted..Overnight oats

30 Life's a Bowl October 6, 2012 at 10:13 am

Your wrap looks tasty AND your cookies look super delicious! Awesome eats girly :)
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Peanut Buttery Chocolatey Breakfast

31 Bek @ Crave October 7, 2012 at 2:06 am

They look so good! Even if they are pumpkin. Frosted cookies aren’t something you see everyday too- well over here atleast. Maybe when you open your cupcake business you can specialise in frosted cookies too ;)
Bek @ Crave recently posted..New found love